Official October Team Bumpkins

Good Morning ladies!

How is everyone today? I'm up early as hubby was up early and he woke me up in an 'I'm up, everyone's up' kind of attitude, then it's time for the early morning kicking session.

Would it be wrong to have pork pie for breakfast. I normally limit that treat to christmas day morning! :rofl:

Baby.love, that is one heck of a ot of clothes for your lovely lucky little girl! :happydance: I've stopped buying baby clothes now.....like eswift there's only so much beige that one little one can have. Hubby is going to go out and buy the first proper 'coloured' outfit once LO is here, otherwise we'll see what pressies we get then go Shopping!! :happydance:

We booked our holiday yesterday....1 week in Penzance!! :happydance: I can't wait to go now as we check in next Monday!! so less than a week to go! Woohoo!!!!! So excited and I've got to get the house sorted out and start packing!! :happydance:

Sod it...it's pork pie time!! :rofl:

ooooh I want a pork pie now. Hmmmm what to have for breakfast.

Eeek must get my butt up soon and have a shower, off to docs again today.

I managed to feel well embarrassed yesterday when I went to collect a sharps bin from the chemist. I was worried they would thing I was a druggie :rofl:

Morning all :wave:

Well thanks to my son waking up at 4.30 i am shattered already :sleep:

Sorted a bundle of clothes to sell last night and the bundle consists of 205 items!!!! We are keeping roughly 600+ items... I defo went OTT when we found out she is a girl. That includes a medium size bag of 3-6 months . I really cant see her wearing it all unless she is teeny tiny.

Cant believe i have 1 week left in 2nd Tri.. Its scary over in 3rd :lol:

Right i am gonna wake up a bit then time to start packing up some bits ready for our move in 3 weeks :wohoo:

TTFN my lovelies xxx

Morning girlies

27 weeks today:happydance:

Not feeling brilliant this morning, have a stinking headache and I dont do headaches, house looks like a bomb has hit it and have a very tired 3 year old that wont give in!!!!!

On a brighter note, only 2 more sleeps till 3d scan:happydance:

Have a good day x

Morning all!

Baby.love, that pile of clothes scared me :lol: I've got about 3 drawers full of NB and 0-3 neutral stuff, which was passed on from a friend whose little girl was born in February. I'm seeing her in September, and she's got a whole load more clothes for me (girly ones!), I'm really chuffed, as it means we haven't had to buy loads of stuff :) I've bought a few things (mainly 3-6 months) for the "aww, cute!" factor since finding out that LO is a girlie, but I don't need a whole lot, really!

Am feeling a bit meh at the moment. Think I really overdid it at the British Superbikes this weekend, as I'm still exhausted now. Hit 27 weeks on Sunday, I can't believe I'm 3rd trimester already! University is REALLY pissing me off, I cannot wait till 14th August when I'll be on holiday at last.

Ho hum, I should go and do some work. Meh :sad1:

Gah I need to catch up at some point.

Long story short, my sister got some kind of bite on her ankle and now has cellulitus caused by a staph infection that got in to the wound. The wound its self is say the size of a 10p, open and raw but you can see the infection in about a 3 or 4 inch circle around the wound, all red and swollen. We had to draw a circle around it in a marker and monitor if the infection goes beyond it to judge if the medication is working, because this kinda of infection can be resistant to meds like MRSA is.

Its kinda gross. $150 bucks later, She has a bandage on it and she is on 10 days antibiotics.

I'm just glad its not a spider bite cause they have some real poisonous ones here. That was my main concern.

Her travel insurance is kinda annoying. Any medical procedure under 500 quid she has to pay for upfront and make a claim when she's back home. They never even told her that. We had to put it on our CC.

Ah well. At least she's semi ok lol.

Ok breakfast and work. Have a wonderful day girls.

Well that was a whirlwind!

I completely forgot but the HV was due to visit today!!

She was lovely and has really put my mind at rest about everything. Feeding, ante-natal classes the works. She was very impressed with my haul so far of baby things - said it's nice to see people so organised (I thought that was the norm?!):rofl:

But still she called to ak directions and in 10 minutes I managed to get the house looking presentable and empty all the bins and plates that has accumulated over the weekend (when hubby is on long weekend the house always becomes a bit of a hovel!! :rofl:)

Feel much better now and she's sending me a load of stuff about formula feeding so that I can be informed about my choices as she was very pleased that she didn't have to spend ages convincing me to bf..... said I had sound reasoning so we'll carry on that way.
Hope we're all ok...I'm in a baby frame of mind so I'm off to re-stack all the baby things as they've become a bit untidy. :happydance:

That doesn't happen round here. I believe I don't see a health visitor until after baby is born, and even then not for a couple of weeks, as the first fortnight is still the midwife's domain (I think). Pleased to hear you got on well with each other.

By the way, all you shopping fiends out there - I am looking for a cot mattress that is an odd size: 70x130cm. It's not actually for a cot but for a piece of furniture that I've restored, so although I want a clean, smoke-free, pet-free mattress, it doesn't have to be brand new or amazing quality or BS standard or whatever. Anybody got any bright ideas on where to look (apart from the obvious eBay, M'care, etc.)? Thanks, girls.

By the way, I'm clearly not going to win any competitions for number of newborn outfits owned;-) ... my baby has an England football t-shirt and a few knitted cardigan/hat/bootee sets that were mine when I was a baby.

Toodlepip xx

That doesn't happen round here. I believe I don't see a health visitor until after baby is born, and even then not for a couple of weeks, as the first fortnight is still the midwife's domain (I think). Pleased to hear you got on well with each other.

I don't think many people get this pre-visit tbh but from what I can gather this area has quite a low birth rate so the mw/hv staff have to spread themselves out rather thick in places in order to convey a 'busy' appearance to the powers that be. I had 2 booking in appointments too! I'm not complaining....just complaining that I completely forgot then gave her the wrong directions on the phone.....PG brain kicking in big style!! :rofl:

PG brain kicking in big style!! :rofl:

You know, I used to think that the whole "baby brain" thing was just girls making excuses for being forgetful or being ratty or whatever. Then I started to have "moments" and now I realise that it's really quite genuine. Probably my best one so far was a couple of weeks ago, when we had friends staying. I switched on the oven in the morning to warm up some croissants and then put the croissants in the oven. Off I go into the garden to check my seedlings - ten minutes later, I rush into the kitchen shouting "Oh no, the croissants are burning. Quick!" So I try to take them out the oven but they're not actually in it ... I'd put them in the other (not switched on) oven, and it was just the oven warming up that I could smell. Thus much hilarity amongst guests, and a further ten-minute wait for breakfast :rofl:

BTW, I had a REALLY scary nightmare last night and when I thought about it when I woke up I started crying and couldn't stop thinking about it. I think my hormones are doing weird shit this week. Bump has enlarged big time, and I feel quite uncomfortable, so I'm guessing baby's having a spurt.

BTW, I had a REALLY scary nightmare last night and when I thought about it when I woke up I started crying and couldn't stop thinking about it. I think my hormones are doing weird shit this week. Bump has enlarged big time, and I feel quite uncomfortable, so I'm guessing baby's having a spurt.

I had a few the other night....one I woke up in tears from too. I dreamt that hubby had disappeared. He had never actualy existed according to everyone else and only I could remember him. I woke up in tears when I found him asleep next to me.....needless to say he thought I had cracked up! :rofl:

Maffie ive obviously totally missed something. Why do you have to inject yourself?

I had pain in my leg, mentioned it to the consultant and they found some clots in a couple of veins. Thankfully not a deep vein. So taking heprin injections to stop any clots forming in the deep veins.

Aww you poor thing. I had 1 injection of heparin and it hurt so bad. Couldnt ever inject myself lol. Im such a wimp when it comes to needles however I can quite happily stick other people with them.

Aww you poor thing. I had 1 injection of heparin and it hurt so bad. Couldnt ever inject myself lol. Im such a wimp when it comes to needles however I can quite happily stick other people with them.

The needle desn't hurt but the stuff has you plunge the plunger how that stings. I just keep telling myself it shows how much I want this baby :lol: and its only what approx 220 injections to go :dohh: thats scary numbers when I count them uo over the weeks. I said to OH if I end up with gestational diabetes that I deserve a treat :rofl: I seem to of got everything else.

Just done some baby shopping at adams online, they have some lovely things in the sale.

:hug: for Maffie xx

All Ive thought about all day is having a pot noodle :rofl: so Im going to Nettos in a mo to buy some while there on offer. Not the healthiest thing to eat I know but when u have a craving u have a craving..girls,ya know what it's like!!
Ive a feeling some choccie will find its way into the trolley too :blush: to be eaten in bed later while watching Torchwood

:lol: i love cravings. I'm resisting chips cheese and mayo, i'll end up eating it tomorrow!!

Lol I'm craving chocolate mini rolls atm. Ate a whole packet of 12 over 2 days so Im resisting buying any more for a while...like thats going to last long lol. Is anyone else just feeling totally shitty today? Feel really grumpy and ended up having a massive argument with OH and he has stormed out to take his son home early (only by like an hour).

Aw, Maffie :hug: I hope it gets easier for u to do! There's a light at the end of the injection tunnel, and it's ur LO!

Maffie I read your thread :hugs: babe

I had midwife appt today. Bubs is transverse atm :shrug: heartbeat is 140bpm - so Im still thinking boy??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->