Official October Team Bumpkins

Oh Im so annoyed right now I could spit feathers!!! OH phoned on his break so I asked him something I had thought of earlier....that is what happens if James is born on a weekend that we have his son...so say he is born on Friday and we are supposed to pick Harri up on Sunday. He said well we will still have him of course! I was like oh ok. I just thought it would be nice to have some time for him to bond with his new son and for us to kind of get used to being parents full time. He totally went off on one basically saying I didnt want his son here and I pointed out that actually that was not what I was saying at all and actually I just would rather he postponed it by like a week so I can recover from the birth. So then he said oh well we just wont have him til after Christmas then cos they say you should take it easy for 6 weeks after the birth. Men!!!

Balls!?!? I've just sat down after hanging the washing out and now it's starting to rain again! I'm going to see if it blows over... I wondered what the noise was...

DS has just walked in covered in mud! More bloody washing...

Oh dear littlekitten! Men can be be so sensitive at times and are very good at taking the sticky end of a Sh*tty stick. I had the same thing with my OH when his ex started playing him about. It wasn't that I minded us having his son, far from it. What I did mind was her dictating where we could go, when we could go and how long we could be there for. More so when it came to the weekend as I only get 1 saturday in 6 off, if I'm lucky and Sunday I try to spend quality time with my son and OH; not pampering to the whim of his ex...

I must admitte that since his son has turned into a teenager, now has his own agenda and does his own thing. Life has become easier, OH speaks to him regularly. He doesn't see him very often as at 14 he spends more time with his mates on a weekend. Which means we're not having to meet ex's demands etc and our time come a weekend is ours. Even OH owned up to being happier, as we have more family time... As we're not spending so much time running backwards and forwards collecting and dropping off his son all weekend, plus we argue less now too.

Times change, when kids are little they need our time, as the grow they want our time, then they need us less and less, until we change roles. DS want his own space more and more, even now; I've noticed it me that has the hang up with him not being around so much, but it'll come where he wants nothing to do with us as he'll want to be with his mates/girlfriend rather than his grandparents... Happens to us all aventually...

Called him back after the people viewing the house had gone....and explained again how I felt about the situation. And that I would be superbly emotional and tired after the birth and that I didnt want to end up snapping at Harri cos then OH would snap at me and it would end up causing a big argument. And also that I would be trying to learn James's cues and I wouldnt be able to do that properly if I was keeping an ear out for what Harri was doing as well! Also played the cuddle card and pointed out that I would quite like it if he could spend time just holding James and cuddling him after he has had a feed and he wouldnt be able to do that if he was running around after Harri. Soooo...I think I may have gotten him round to my idea of thinking finally. Have to admit though he had reduced me to tears and I was actually going to ask my mum to come stay with us after the birth just so I had some support while Harri was here.

Good Mornin' Girls!

29 weeks today! :happydance:

Well I stayed in bed till 9am today!! I was awake at 6 but I refused to get out of bed lol .. it felt SO good.

Re moving this tread to the 3rd Tri, there was a little discussion here on the thread a few weeks ago with everyone and and thats why it was moved here.
As it is going to take us over a month to all move to the 3rd tri, that would leave a bunch with out a home for weeks until we had all moved over. I guess once we are all in the 3rd Tri someone can Pm an Admin and ask them to move the thread to the 3rd Tri, I don't feel comforable asking again.
I don't generally look at pregnany club either, I always check my "subscribed threads" in user control pannel when I first log on and its sitting there.

Helz ~ Congratulations on 25 weeks! :) It's 40 weeks so 10 lunar months, but 9 calender months (which have more than 4 weeks in some months) Confusing I know lol.
Re posting pictures, I don't upload to the forum, I put them on Photobucket and link them here.

FloraBean ~ Glad you had a good Drs appointment. I've put on 30lbs so far :shock: my fundal height yesterday was 30cm. I don't want to put on any more weight! lol.

Little Kitten ~ How are you feeling today? Re your other half, it sounds like HE is the one with the issue of having two sons. He is the one flying off the handle at a simple idea. Its not going to be practical to have his other son around the same freaking day yours is born.

Jlo ~ Great deal!!

Mumof4 ~ Sending Nanaki good vibes. That blows about the hospitals attitude re her being 25 weeks. 24 is viable. I hope she can find a different hospital with better policies.

Baby.Love ~ Ouch! Ice your achy bits to reduce the swelling. Hope it feels better soon.

HoneySunshine ~ Congrats on 26 weeks! :) Yes this happened to Autumns movements also. I no longer get the strong thwacks, its more feeling her turn over etc, I get the odd punch.

Anababe ~ Welcome back! :)

Colsy ~ Fundal height can be different for everyone. General rule of thumb is 24 weeks = 24 CM, however because everyones bodies are different this can be a variation of a couple CMs either way. I'm measuring at 30 atm and am 29 weeks.
Re sideways, at this point it don't really matter, They said Autumn at the moment is head down, face out, but that could still change as there is still enough room in there for the odd sommersault. Sometimes I can feel her being sideways, it feels like she's splitting me in half, head to the left and feet stretching to the right. It think at the moment its fine for them to be in odd positions, I'm sure your MW will let you know if there are any true problems :hugs:

Ok I need marmite on toast!

Afternoon ladies!

Go check out my mountainous bump in the third tri bump thread ... can you believe that top actually fitted my belly before I was pregnant?! :shock: I was just trying to find something to lounge around in as I'm really hot and thought oh I'll chuck that on. I couldn't believe it!!!

Chaos i just saw your bump post! You sexy mumma :) looking fab hun and your bump is so neat.

Well girls my arm is f*cked! its agony and my hand is dead which means i have damaged the bloody nerve again. I only had an operation on it last feb :cry:

haha thanks. Every time I see it now it just reminds me of that reebok advert ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw7Um1gTcrs :rofl:

Sorry you've hurt your arm again. You going to go to the Drs?

Think i will see how it is once all the bruising and swelling has gone down.. But def back to the Dr next week if no improvement. We just had a mental storm here which has stopped as quick as it started, feels a bit fresher now though so thats good.

Good Morning Girls!

Littlekitten - Stick to your guns girl, you're not being unreasonable by any means. After babe's born if it's your 1st in this area you'd be lucky to be outta hospital that same weekend...

Chaos - a lie-in sounds like a god send at the moment, I really feel that 4am should just not exist... Thinking about it best make a move and get dressed... Golly, I feel so grotty this morning...

Baby.love - I hope your nerve is ok, after the swelling and bruising has gone down slightly...

Loads to do before work, have a wonderful morning ladies. It's grotty, grey and raining here today... lovely...

Morning all

Baby.love :hugs: I hope the bruising settles down, often once swelling goes down nerves recover a little, it may just be the swelling making it dead.

Not seent he pic yeh Chaos thats my next stop

Littlekitten I spoke to OH after your comments about your OH'd DS and he said you we wont send out kid away when the next comes along, so he sees no problem in his 2 been here as soon as baby arrives. I'm doubting i'll manage.

Wish it would stop training, mum's house was put on flood watch last night so no chance of going away for weekend at this rate. Ah well means I can watch all the tour de france here.

I've noticed I am having lots of dreams recently is anyone else? They seem so vivid and real, I came downstairs at 3am as I needed a wee but was convinced someone had broken in!

Morning all, babylove i hope ur feeling better, hope the swelling goes down, well at last its friday, im so tired today, at least i can have a lie in tommorow!!! Thankgod
Speak later Ladies xxxxxxxxxx

Morning all :)

I feel a wreck today, hardly slept at all, bad dreams, cats being noisy, popping to the loo etc, typical as its been the first night since OH went back to work when I didn't get woken up at 2am by his alarm - then OH woke up about 6 and decided to catch up on Easteneders (on the bedroom TV) as he missed last night becasue he fell asleep! Thought I'd forgive him though as he made me a nice cup of tea and some porridge for breakfast. It's going to be a hard day and I have to help out at our Uni's awards ceremony today, it will be a late finish and I had an early start as I was hoping to park on camps but it was pointless trying and ended up at the car park 15/20 mins walk away. I don't mind that normally but I'm just not looking forward to a late finish and then having a 15/20 min walk to my car in the rain. Some of my work colleagues were going to have a drink but I am going to miss out on that too now. We had a weather warning on the radio this morning too :(

:headspin: On a positive note! I just noticed LO is in double figures now!! :headspin:

Littlekitten & Maffie - Hope your OH's see some sense and realise if the other kids are going to be there then THEY should be the ones doing the hard graft and sorting them out and not you two as you need to recoup. Hope they are more sensitive to your feelings :hugs:

Hope your feeling better baby.love and the swelling goes down :hugs:

Pretty pointless post but just wanted to celebrate the fact I am down to double figures :happydance: :happydance:

hello all, had my growth scan yesterday and all was well. he has been lying head down every time we have been for a scan, so hope he doesnt decide to move later!!! we saw him swallowing and sucking his thumb - so cute! cant wait for 4d scan next week.

why cant we start a oct thread in 3rd tri and still pop in here for those not ready to move over yet? instead of moving this whole thread over? just a thought. :)

Morning ladies. Hope everyone is feeling better this morning. I worked out last night that the Monday that James is due...is the day after we pick up OHs son typical! So we have had words with the baby and told him he either has to come at 37 weeks, 39 weeks or 41 weeks lol. I have been ringing round letting agents this morning to book house viewings for Monday. Got 3 booked in so far and waiting to hear back about 2 more. Oh and waiting for the GP to ring me back about my swab results! Weather is absolutely atrocious here today. We are expecting thunder storms and torrential rain...just gotta love July lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->