Official October Team Bumpkins

Not been on for a couple of days - just read thread about Maffie. At least she is in the right place and knows that bubs is fine.

Hi to everyone else and hope all well with you all.
xx

Hello, can you add me in on the 24th October? thought I had been added ages ago but can't find me now! Currently still on team yellow

Snap for due date and team yellow!! :happydance:

Thats three of us now!

Me too (by my dates AND scan dates)....Midwife is going by her dates though (which are wrong) so all paperwork says 22nd for me...

But I know its due 24th :shrug: So my guess in sweepstake (in family) is boy, 31st October (666 on forehead :rofl:) a wishful 6lbs 13oz (at a week overdue - yeah right)

Hello, can you add me in on the 24th October? thought I had been added ages ago but can't find me now! Currently still on team yellow

Thats three of us now!

Me too (by my dates AND scan dates)....Midwife is going by her dates though (which are wrong) so all paperwork says 22nd for me...

But I know its due 24th :shrug: So my guess in sweepstake (in family) is boy, 31st October (666 on forehead :rofl:) a wishful 6lbs 13oz (at a week overdue - yeah right)

4 of us, I like it! I wonder what thay says about our cheeky LO's!! :rofl:

That's strange your MW wouldn't go by your dates and scan dates?!?

OH's really worried about a boy being born on the 31st!! I wonder why . . :D I don't mind when so long as LO doesn't hold on until the 2nd or 3rd Nov as that is my nefew's then my Mum's birhtday. My cousin is due on 22nd Oct so I wonder what the odds are of arrivals on the same day?!

Thats three of us now!

4 of us, I like it! I wonder what thay says about our cheeky LO's!! :rofl:

That's strange your MW wouldn't go by your dates and scan dates?!?

OH's really worried about a boy being born on the 31st!! I wonder why . . :D I don't mind when so long as LO doesn't hold on until the 2nd or 3rd Nov as that is my nefew's then my Mum's birhtday. My cousin is due on 22nd Oct so I wonder what the odds are of arrivals on the same day?!

Ive questioned it loads, but apparently its standard how they work it out, they dont take into account length of cycles etc...as long as my dates, scan and midwives are all within a week of each other I was told its really not an issue.

Its only 2 days after all x

True, especially when the LO is not guaranteed to arrive on time anyway!

I hope Kiyota, Hopedance, Mer & Maffie will be okay... Much love & :hugs: to you all.

Good luck with unpacking everything babyLove- take it easy though!

Just had my 28 week check-up: everything spot on, measuring 28cm, he's now head down, no swelling or anything, BP was highest its ever been at 112/80 (yay, a normal BP at last!) and she re-did my bloods to see if I'm still aneamic. Finger's crossed everything will carry on smoothly for the next 11 1/2 weeks till LO arrives. :)

Has anyone started antinatal/parentcraft classes yet? If so, what are they like? My OH wants to know if it's gonna be 'gay.' (his words, NOT mine) Mine start end of the month & I'm hoping OH will be man enough to come with me!!! Also, when's a good time to book to look around for a tour of the hosp or maternity suite you plan to give birth at?

Also, does anyone know how much weight on average is considered healthy to be gaining each week in the 3rd tri? I know measurement-wise it's 1cm per week from here on out, but wasn't sure what that equated to in terms of pounds or kgs. I'm not bothered about putting on weight or anything, I was just curious, lol.

Afternoon Ladies!

Gosh it's been busy on here over the weekend.

Mer - It's so lovely to have you back on here, I hope that everything starts to work out right for you soon. Fingers crossed!

Maffie - I hope you start feeling better soon, you've had a rough ride from day 1. At least you're in the right place. Fingers crossed!

Baby.love - Glad you're in the new house and hopefully it won't take too long to sort out, don't try to do too much...

Chaos - Hope you have a great time at the water park... I went to the cinema yesterday with my family to see Ice Age 3 - had a great time...

Littlekitten - Hope all the viewings you've got planned don't tire you out too much, hopefully there will be more than one to choose from that's suitable...

If I've missed anyone, sorry - Hope everythings going well for everyone...

I can't believe that the morning sickness has come back with avengence, yuck... I am so tired at the moment... Still up at stupid O'clock and in work on time, came home felt awful - went to bed and slept for 2 hours!

My bump has grown and gone solid, it seems to be very high up most of the time; I've struggled with my BP, MS and have been so tired since Friday. I'm supposing that this is all to do the entering the 3rd Tri... OH has been fantastic, he's not expecting me to do much at all, even though the pain has eased in my hip. I'm still taking it easy as I don't want to aggrivate it again.

The house is coming along, OH has done lots of the DIY in the house, we've now got 2 completely finished bedrooms. One bedroom left to finish! The stairs have now been painted (Thanks to uncle John, once the little bit of wall paper's taken off in the livingroom; he's coming back) My friends son is coming around after work today to help move DS's furniture upstairs! One very big step forward!?!?! So chuffed!

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...721-pre-eclampsia-28-0-delivery-31-weeks.html

I dont know if the link will work, but Chaos, that's the post she (Hopedance) did last week.

Florabean, great news on 28week check up. I think in 3rd tri you are meant to be putting on 0.5-1lb a week? But not 100% sure.
I didn't really wanna put anymore on now but thats silly,Im bound to seeing as though my baby only weighs around 2lb at the mo! Ive put on 25lbs! But Im still fitting into 1 last pair of non maternity size 12's that I found in the back of my wardrobe from before I lost weight and went into size 10's. The size 10's got vacuum packed away at around 10 weeks, I couldn't get them nowhere near fastened,not even enough to wear a belly band with them!!

Well I didnt tell you all but I got taken into hosp last monday with bleeding and cramping and I had swabs etc done...they didnt give me my anti d btw and wrote in my notes I declined it!! - which I didnt, I just said I didnt want it IF it wasnt necessary coz bleeding wasnt massive at all, it was the cramping I was worried about.

Anyway, my results came back today and I have group B Step! :cry: Im so worried, I stupidly googled it :cry:

Well I didnt tell you all but I got taken into hosp last monday with bleeding and cramping and I had swabs etc done...they didnt give me my anti d btw and wrote in my notes I declined it!! - which I didnt, I just said I didnt want it IF it wasnt necessary coz bleeding wasnt massive at all, it was the cramping I was worried about.

Anyway, my results came back today and I have group B Step! :cry: Im so worried, I stupidly googled it :cry:

I have Group B strep also. Don't Google the scare stories, Its honestly nowadays nothing to worry about.

All that will happen is you'll get put on IV antibiotics at birth. Needs to be at least 4 hours before the baby comes out so as soon as you feel labour let the midwife know. Then they will monitor the baby after. They are very quick on catching any symptoms and getting it treated. :hugs:

Honey- please try stay calm and not worry too much, have you had it all explained to you at the hospital? At least they have found it now so it's something they can closely monitor. Ive heard that it can go away on it's own and you may not have it by the time labour starts. :hugs: sorry you've had a crap time xx

Honey- please try stay calm and not worry too much, have you had it all explained to you at the hospital? At least they have found it now so it's something they can closely monitor. Ive heard that it can go away on it's own and you may not have it by the time labour starts. :hugs: sorry you've had a crap time xx

No my Dr called me with my results (a week after they were taken) and told me over phone...He rang Dr at hospital and they decided they wont treat me now as it'll come back within about 3-4 weeks anyway, he told me to write it in my notes and speak to midwife when I see her next (2 weeks time)...

so I googled it.

Why dont they offer routine screening here in UK??

Its not found in your blood.

Its a bacteria so its found in vaginal swabs

Afternoon all

:hugs: Honeysunshine, I never heard of that condition before, thanks for the link :)

I can't believe that the morning sickness has come back with avengence, yuck... I am so tired at the moment... Still up at stupid O'clock and in work on time, came home felt awful - went to bed and slept for 2 hours!

I thought it was just me feeling a bit under the weather, had today off work ill as really low on energy and feeling a bit sick and selective with my food again! Glad your OH is being supportive :) Mine was an absolute star today, think its easier for them now we actually physicallty look pregnant as opposed to when it all happening in 1st tri! iykwim

Has anyone started antinatal/parentcraft classes yet? If so, what are they like? My OH wants to know if it's gonna be 'gay.' (his words, NOT mine) Mine start end of the month & I'm hoping OH will be man enough to come with me!!! Also, when's a good time to book to look around for a tour of the hosp or maternity suite you plan to give birth at?

Glad your check-up went well florabean :) I booked my hospital tour last week as I got a leaflet (added by MW) with my bounty pack asking to book a tour for when I am 24 - 26 weeks, HOWEVER I didn't get an appointment until the 23rd September.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->