Official October Team Bumpkins

Glad your check-up went well florabean :) I booked my hospital tour last week as I got a leaflet (added by MW) with my bounty pack asking to book a tour for when I am 24 - 26 weeks, HOWEVER I didn't get an appointment until the 23rd September.

Oooh, that's my birthday, lol.
Guess I ought to get off my butt & book a tour asap then!

Hey girlies. Well our viewings ended up being quite successful in the end! The 3rd place we went to see is perfect so we just need to take them the holding fee tomorrow or Wednesday. I am so much happier and more relaxed now knowing where we are going to be living. And even better its only about 0.3miles from Stoke Mandeville Hospital so I dont have far to go when I go into labour, and they also have a NICU so I could transfer there after my mat leave which would mean I could cycle to work yay.

I'm another one who's been feeling quite sick and weak today. Ended up calling in sick at 5.40am cos I felt like I was going to puke and have felt pretty rotten all day. Think Its the trauma of being in the 3rd trimester lol.

Hey girlies. Well our viewings ended up being quite successful in the end! The 3rd place we went to see is perfect so we just need to take them the holding fee tomorrow or Wednesday. I am so much happier and more relaxed now knowing where we are going to be living. And even better its only about 0.3miles from Stoke Mandeville Hospital so I dont have far to go when I go into labour, and they also have a NICU so I could transfer there after my mat leave which would mean I could cycle to work yay.

I'm another one who's been feeling quite sick and weak today. Ended up calling in sick at 5.40am cos I felt like I was going to puke and have felt pretty rotten all day. Think Its the trauma of being in the 3rd trimester lol.

Hey well done hun:thumbup:
Told you it would all come together in the end:hugs: bet ur well relieved thou!!! And even better that you can possibly cycle to work!!

Yeah Im so much more relaxed now that I know where I am going to live. Waiting for the phone call tomorrow morning to confirm the landlady is happy with the aggreement but the letting agent said he cant see a problem with it.

Hi all

Im home, was a scary weekend but baby is doing well and im getting well monitored. Not had chance to catch up but hope everyone is well.

Hi gals,
Honey :hugs: for your news - hope all the info has helped.
Maffs - thank God you're ok missy, what have they said? :happydance:
Kitten :thumbup: on the new place, thats a relief eh.

Hope eveyone else had a good day - sorry for all those who are feeling sickly :sick:

I'm just feeling really really sad :cry: today and just cried for an hour as forgot to make butties for OH and he's on nights. Cos THATS a reason to whinge isn't it!!!! :rofl: Hmm - would I like fries or hormones with that.....

Hi All, well this evening i picked my pram up!!!! & car seat!!! wow im so excited, we also got our moses basket and baby Sterilser and bits for myself to take into the hospital, i feel really excited now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morning all, well was strange being back in my own bed. I do like the hospital ones as you can et them sooo comfy with their adjustable top and bottom. Was lovely to be able to cuddle up to OH though :)

I cant believe im now over 26 weeks and I missed the going into double figures.

Morning girls :wave:

Maffie: :hugs: I am glad you are home now hun xxxxx and belated congrats on double figures xx

Well i am finally feeling a bit more human today, i felt so tired yesterday it was horrible, i couldnt even speak properly.
Off for my morning cuppa.. TTFN x

Morning girls. Still waiting for the letting agent to get hold of the landlady. For someone who is so desperate to let her flat she dropped the price shes certainly not in any hurry to bloody well get back to anyone. Cant believe Im in 3rd trimester already. Weird to think that in just under 3 months this little baby will be here! And only 6 weeks left at work yay! Looking forward to being finished work and getting into the new flat and making it our little home.

Morning all,

It's nice to see you back Maffie & to hear things are going well:hugs: Congrats on your double figures btw :happydance:

Glad you got a place sorted Littlekitten, must be a huge relief :thumbup:

Hope your feeling better today pip holder :hugs:

Nice to hear you are feeling better baby.love :happydance:

I made it into work today, feeling a bit better, not 100% and trying to take it easy but i'm not so worried as I can see it's not just me. :hugs: for all :)

Mornin' Girls,

Well today I go back to work. Gah. Sucky! I've been awake pretty much all night and am not in the mood!

PipHolder ~ Added your stork.

If everyone else wants to just check I added their stork that would be cool. Pregnancy brain and all that ;)

Helz ~ My OB told me about .5lb a month for the third. That means I still gotta put on 10lbs. That will take me to 40lbs! :shock:

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has had the nausea and lack of energy return. I hate nausea SO much :(

LittleKitten ~ I'm glad you found a house! Our hospital is really close also, 90 seconds by car.

Maffie ~ Welcome home :hugs:Happy double figures!

Ok I'm off to see if I can stomach some breakfast. Have a great day girls!

hey everyone.

i felt a bit nausea this morning too. think ive pulled a muscle in my leg cleaning the oven too!! only 7 weeks left to work, i cant wait!!!! 4d scan this thursday and breastfeeding workshop- has anyone been on this? its for 2hours, just wonder what they are going to do!! Got our tour of the labour ward on saturday too, quuite looking forward to that although i think it might be a bit early. They were only dates they had between now and october tho!

Hope everyone has a nice day x

Maffie- so glad you & baby are doing ok. Keep us informed, k?

Anyone heard any news about nanaki & some of the other ladies who were having some complications over the last couple of weeks???

Good Afternoon Ladies...

h702 - I'm sure if you take things a little easy for a while, the aches pains and nausea will pass. I've been and booked our place for the Anti-natal class, we have 2, 2 hour sessions on a Monday, held at the GP's clinic and not the hospital so we're not even getting a walk around the local hospital... I'm quite disapointed really and don't understand why, I'm not totally nieve about the hospital as it's where I had my DS all them years ago. Just feel that the option should be there and I'm not fully sure why they haven't offered a walk around. As OH has no idea what's on offer or what the choices are... Sorry I've ranted... lol oops

Maffie - I so chuffed that you are home and safe... Fingers crossed - that the last scare you have... Not too long now...

Littlekitten - I please for you that you've managed to find somewhere you'd like to live. Fingers crossed that it doesn't take too long to sort out the contract...

I realised at 4.45am that I've only 8 weeks until I start my maternity leave! After yesterday, and what felt like an awfully early start today. I feel that it's going to fly by... And in some sort of way I'm going to miss work too.. The lads have been great this week, they have been bring mail to my frame, empty the parcels sacks and being really very sweet...

I've been and booked our place for the Anti-natal class, we have 2, 2 hour sessions on a Monday, held at the GP's clinic and not the hospital so we're not even getting a walk around the local hospital... I'm quite disapointed really and don't understand why

Can't you phone the delivery suite at the hospital and ask them for a tour of the maternity ward? All the various tours and antenatal classes etc. we're booked on are the result of me asking rather than being asked. It's worth remembering that each of the healthcare professionals we meet during our pregnancies has many, many patients - and although it's nice to feel that they're giving us personalised treatment/help/advice, in many cases they can only give a certain amount tailored to each patient, as they only have a certain amount of time. In medical terms, the main thing is that the patient is kept well - which does not always mean kept informed. That doesn't sound great when you're the patient, but sadly that's how an underfunded health service works. So ask away and you may well get more than you've been offered so far. xx

I've been and booked our place for the Anti-natal class, we have 2, 2 hour sessions on a Monday, held at the GP's clinic and not the hospital so we're not even getting a walk around the local hospital... I'm quite disapointed really and don't understand why

Can't you phone the delivery suite at the hospital and ask them for a tour of the maternity ward? All the various tours and antenatal classes etc. we're booked on are the result of me asking rather than being asked. It's worth remembering that each of the healthcare professionals we meet during our pregnancies has many, many patients - and although it's nice to feel that they're giving us personalised treatment/help/advice, in many cases they can only give a certain amount tailored to each patient, as they only have a certain amount of time. In medical terms, the main thing is that the patient is kept well - which does not always mean kept informed. That doesn't sound great when you're the patient, but sadly that's how an underfunded health service works. So ask away and you may well get more than you've been offered so far. xx

I know about services being under funded, they've closed the local children's ward and have reduced the maternity facilities at our local hospital, even to the point that they are not offering epidurals as pain relief... I will have to talk to OH about calling Maternity to see if they offer a tour and if we are able to sort it for when OH is not at work...

Fingers crossed. I'm sorry to have ranted before, I know you're right about the patient being kept well, but isn't being well informed part and parcel in being well kept...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->