Official October Team Bumpkins

Grr grr grr rant warning! Just got a phone call back from the letting agent...to say he finally got hold of the landlady....who has let the bloody flat through another agent! Yeah cheers for that love. Some people are so rude. The poor letting agent has said he will ring me if the situation changes....in the mean time we are back to the drawing board and I am severely ticked off.

Maffie- so glad you & baby are doing ok. Keep us informed, k?

Anyone heard any news about nanaki & some of the other ladies who were having some complications over the last couple of weeks???

Nanaki is fine she is out of hospital i will get her to pop in here and say hi!

Just wondered if any of you can help?? Ive had pain in hips, bottocks and back since last night gp made me ring labour ward just incase, theyve told me to take painkillers for it. Is this pain normal as never had before in my other pregnancys? xx

I know you're right about the patient being kept well, but isn't being well informed part and parcel in being well kept...

Oh yes, completely. I wasn't meaning that I thought it was OK to do things the way they do. I just meant that's the way it is. You gotta remember that a lot of healthcare providers were brought up in a time when patients NEVER questioned a doctor or nurse. Unfortunately, those same providers are now practising themselves and even though they're meant to be far more patient-centric, some of them still have that old mentality.

Re your maternity suite tour, if it's like ours, then they'll just fit you in whenever suits you. Good luck xx

Littlekitten- ah, sorry to hear it fell though: I'll keep my finger's crossed you find somewhere suitable soon.

Mumof42009- sorry, no experience with that. If it still hurts badly even after taking painkillers, personally I would march straight back to the docs or call my MW. It's probably nothing to worry about, but it's always best to make sure.

Everyone else- have a good evening. I'm off to work now. grrrrr. Only 4 weeks till annual leave; that's what I keep telling myself! lol.

Sorry to hear that Littlekitten :( Hope the letting agency sort it for you x

Originally Posted by florabean1981 View Post
Maffie- so glad you & baby are doing ok. Keep us informed, k?

Anyone heard any news about nanaki & some of the other ladies who were having some complications over the last couple of weeks???

Mumof42009 just text me to tell me that someone has asked about me, to find that Florabean has asked about me...

Florabean, I am fine and has been out of the hospital since sat night, I have given a course of antibiotic tablets to treat UTI. The baby is fine and stay in the womb for now. :) Thanks. :hugs: xxx

Well i'm impressed with the HIP grant I sent the form on monday last week and the money is in my bank today so thats less than a week to post it to receiving it.

Had my 2nd ante natal class today, was relaxation and breathing techniques. Found it very interesting and hopefully will be useful! Baby has been very active ever since - must be wondering what Mum was doing down on all fours :) :)

Hope all ok with everyone.

xx

Hi ladies:)
Just popping in to say hi, and a big hurry up to all you girls still in second...LOL
Bout time all us Bumpkins start claiming our territory in there:rofl:
I also want to just pause for a moment to reflect on the return of nausea here in third tri. It actually started a few days before i hit third, but it hasn't gone away, and I think it is pretty rude. I mean, I knew not to expect to feel great in third, but I didn't think I would be puking or wanting to lay down because I felt sick all day.:(
What a nasty surprise!
Glad to see everyone is being good about going to their classes and tours. I have, on the other hand, been very lax in this area.
I guess I should get around to that, huh?

Evening ladies. I am feeling a little bit tipsy as we went out for dinner and I had a small glass of wine to celebrate....and wow did it go straight to my head lol. Went to see 2 more properties this evening and the first one we went to see was just lovely. Even nicer than the one we had decided on last night. So after some discussion we have put a holding fee on it so we move in on Saturday 29th August yay. Feeling much more relaxed and positive now so thats good.

Evening ladies. I am feeling a little bit tipsy as we went out for dinner and I had a small glass of wine to celebrate....and wow did it go straight to my head lol. Went to see 2 more properties this evening and the first one we went to see was just lovely. Even nicer than the one we had decided on last night. So after some discussion we have put a holding fee on it so we move in on Saturday 29th August yay. Feeling much more relaxed and positive now so thats good.

:happydance:Yay Littlekitten:happydance:
Sooo pleased for you, best get packing hun x

Yay, i looked at my diary today in work and have booked all my leave to be used up before i start my maternity leave. I've managed to work it that after this week, i only have 2 more weeks full time, then I drop to a 4 day week for 3 weeks, then a 3 day week for another 5 weeks and then I have 3 full weeks off before I'm due! It's so exciting to feel that it's getting near!:happydance:

We've also got our first hypnobirthing class tomorrow, so hope that goes well!

Night all xx

Just wondered if any of you can help?? Ive had pain in hips, bottocks and back since last night gp made me ring labour ward just incase, theyve told me to take painkillers for it. Is this pain normal as never had before in my other pregnancys? xx

Not sure if it'll reassure you or not, I had a horrid pain in my hip/back; really stopped me in my tracks; it has since eased until babe sits over that side. I was told by my GP that my hip joint (one of the glued joints that needs to relax ready for labour) had displaced itself. I was adviced to take disolvable paracetamols for the pain, (not ibroprofen, due to entering last tri - but could use deep heat/ibroleve cream on the spot where the pain is; as the cream goes straight to the site of pain and it's relatively close to the skin and not going into blood stream)

Just a quick post before work - have a lovely day. Hope this helps...

Not sure if it'll reassure you or not, I had a horrid pain in my hip/back; really stopped me in my tracks; it has since eased until babe sits over that side. I was told by my GP that my hip joint (one of the glued joints that needs to relax ready for labour) had displaced itself. I was adviced to take disolvable paracetamols for the pain, (not ibroprofen, due to entering last tri - but could use deep heat/ibroleve cream on the spot where the pain is; as the cream goes straight to the site of pain and it's relatively close to the skin and not going into blood stream)

Just a quick post before work - have a lovely day. Hope this helps...

I also get really SI joint pain. I get stuck on the floor on in a seat on a regular basis lol.

The only thing that has helped me is a good adjustment by the chiropractor once a week. He kind pops it back in to place and loosens every thing up. I'm really sore the night of the adjustment but the next day I can move totally normally and that adjustment lasts me about 5 to 6 days before I can feel it start to hurt and go back out of place. He also gives me a few daily stretches to do to help strengthen the joint.

At the end of the day all painkillers are going to do is mask the pain, not solve the issue and it could get a lot worse. I left it for 3 months before I gave in and literally crawled in to his office. Making the choice to go is the best thing I have ever done.

Its also said that women who have regular chiropractic adjustments whilst pregnant have a quicker easier labour because its helped prepare those joints.

Hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Morning all, hope were all well, didnt sleep much at all last night, Baby George had me up 3 times in the night for the loo!!!! god roll on maternity leave!!!!!!!!!

morning!

i was up twice at the loo last night, and then didnt really sleep after that. So pretty tired today!! x

Evening ladies. I am feeling a little bit tipsy as we went out for dinner and I had a small glass of wine to celebrate....and wow did it go straight to my head lol.

I know how you feel. I have had a whole two glasses in my entire pregnancy. The first was on hols a few weeks ago and I felt really quite wobbly afterwards. The second was on Saturday night, when we took mum out for dinner for helping us paint the kitchen. I felt not at all right after half the glass, started a headache quite soon, and didn't finish the wine. And it was a nice pinot grigio too! It's like my body's telling me just to wait until baby is here - oh, and then to wait until breastfeeding is properly established so I know when is a "safe" time to have a sip or two or to express in advance. Blimey, I'll be on the floor after literally one sip by that point!

Morning all, hope were all well, didnt sleep much at all last night, Baby George had me up 3 times in the night for the loo!!!!

Me too! Well, obviously it wasn't George who had me up weeing, but my baby did, LOL Three times is my maximum so far. Can't wait to go camping in a couple of weeks ;-)

Morning everyone :)

I'm lucky at the mo as my loo trip co-insides with OH getting up for work at 2am.

All this talk of holidays and maternity leave - jealous! I have not got any holiday left now as I need to tag it onto my maternity leave to get any decent kind of leave. So I only have 58 days left (inc today) and counting! :wacko:

Food & Drink wise, I keep on saying - wait until Christmas, I can eat and drink what I want! I can't wait!! :rofl:

Hi everyone, was just wondering if i can join you lovely ladies please?!

My name is Kara, i am married to Andrew, aka Bodrew and i have a daughter who is 2 on the 14th of August, Sophie May

I am expecting my baby BOY on the 29th October... I have gestational diabetes and my consulatant has advised that they will not let me go over my due date and may induce me 2 weeks early if he measures big

Looking forward to getting to know you all

Kara xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"