Official October Team Bumpkins

I didn't mean to be insensitive about your bump LittleKitten if it sounded that way :blush: What I meant is I have been following the 'Your bumps' thread so have seen the pics you posted in there - I noticed your bump has grown but, as mentioned, was shocked at the actual size your LO has been measured at. As Florabean says, lets hope its a quick growth spurt or just a lot of water :hugs:

Im 1982! (my cousin is 1983 - due Oct 22nd but not on Forum)

Im a 1981'er aswell

Oooh, you're all sooo young! Or I'm so old :)

Lol, I've never thought about people's ages on here before. How old/young is everyone????? I'm a 1981 girl- 27 atm, but will be 28 by the time LO gets here. Unless he's a week early & decides to come on my birthday, which is what I did to my mum, hehe. :)

Afternoon all well had another consultant apoointment today and was worried as it took him ages to find the heartbeat. It was really faint at first but I think that was my placenta getting in the way. He eventually got it on the sonic aid. Consultant has sdaid any change in pattern to movements or decrease then to phone delivery suite asap. Must say that scared me.
Also have a growth scan booked in for the 3rd August to see how baby is growing. I have my GTT a few days before that as well.

Did a little shopping before coming home and got some rompers for baby and treated my self to new dressing gown, PJ's and trainers.

Now chilling out hada lovely bath and watching trashy tv and surfng the forum :)

Lol, I've never thought about people's ages on here before. How old/young is everyone????? I'm a 1981 girl- 27 atm, but will be 28 by the time LO gets here. Unless he's a week early & decides to come on my birthday, which is what I did to my mum, hehe. :)

Let's just say I'm definitely not a born-in-the-eighties lass ;-)

I'm a 79 girl so fell pregnant at 29 now 30 and will be 30 still when bubs comes.

Colsy, I dont really know what's considered old these days, but so long as you're not in you're already in your 50's, I'd hazard a guess and say you AREN'T old at all and that we're all just young'uns!!!!

Happy Chilling Maffie :) :hugs:

I'm 26 but will be 27 when LO gets here.
Don't worry Colsy, I think in medical terms we're all classed as 'old mums' - whats that saying young at heart ?!? :rofl:

and if you are in your 50's, then good on ya! :)

Made me larf! :) No, I'm mid thirties, which where I live is considered about average for first baby. My midwife really told me off at our first meeting when I said "So, am I one of your older patients?" Thing is, 35 is still very much considered the cut-off point for pg in medical terms, after which everything is considered more difficult or problematic compared with in younger gals. However, they haven't changed this cut-off for decades, so they've failed to keep up with the huge improvements seen in healthcare as a whole, neonatal support, women's health and nutrition. At least midwifery seems to have got its head round this and realised that 35 isn't quite so ancient as it used to seem.

I'm 79 too, but am due about 3 weeks before my 30th bday! I've worked out that even if i go over, the latest will still be 4 days before my bday, so I'll have got my first one in before my 30th - just! Not sure my 30th celebrations will be up to much though!

Mumof42009 - hope your hip pain improves soon :hugs:

Kara - Welcome to the Bumpkins! :hi:

Helz81 - Congrats on double figures! :happydance:

Everyone on here seems to be given a lot more info at their MW appts than me! I've only had 2 scans, 12 and 20 weeks, and don't get any more. I've never been told the weight of the baby, or been measured myself - they've just gone on the dates that I've given them???

We had a team day at work today which finished at 2pm! So nice to be home early! Although I should've keep quiet, because once I'd told DH I was coming home he started mentioning all the tidying etc that needs doing!!! :wacko:

Sorry Maffie, didn't see your post! Glad your back with us and well. Enjoy your day chilling!

Kte- its ok. No offense taken lol.

Im a 85 girly so I'm 24 now and still will be when bubs is born.

Maffie - sounds as tho your consultants appointment went well, fingers crossed your scan will be a great one too. At least you've something to look forward to...

Colsy - What is age but a number? I'm just about to have my 2nd, my 1st I had at 20 (was 19 when I found out) I'm 30 now and I'm still going to be 30 when babe arrives... Oh is 45 and this will be his 2nd too (our 1st together... We'd like another too but I'd like to at least have a 18month/2 year gap between them... OH is quite happy with that too... Seems a little odd thinking about another before this one's arrived, but with OH's being so much older. I don't want to leave it too long either; not that the age gap has ever been an issue before... I'm sure it makes sense somewhere..)

In all honesty I think I've a few more hang ups with everything this time, and I'm rather nervous about having a new baby in the house too... I also seem to be more bothered about the labour, not that I had a rough experience last time it lasted 36 mins. Which is where I think my hangs up are coming from, as maternity is reducing it's services in the area, the hospital is about 30 mins away (although my parents live about 5mins walk from it) OH is wanting to be there too, which is really reassuring; but he's not really in a job where he can be at beck and call. Due to job changes after redundancy he doesn't get paternity leave nor will he have accrude much leave by then either and I don't want him to waste it if we don't need him too... I know normal issues for most of us at the moment, I just don't seem to dealing with them very well at the moment, my hormones are all over the shop and none of it is really making much sense. I keep crying and sitting thinking about things which I can't do anything about...

Have the feeling of being very alone at the moment, and not really sure how to shake the feeling. Probably due to the lack of sleep, very early mornings, fustration of not being able to sort the house out as fast as I'd like and generally just being over whelmed by everything that's happening/ has happened this year.

Dads at the consultant's tomorrow, so we hopefully get some good news of the Daddy front... Fingers crossed...

Talk about laugh, ending on a funny... Got to Dad's today to collect DS; Dad was confused about what DS had done to a tray of eggs, he couldn't understand why half a tray of eggs were all broken on the bottom of the eggs. There was egg gooe all over the kitchen floor. DS just kept telling my Dad it was an accident, wouldn't say what he'd done. I looked at the tray and asked DS if he'd been experimenting. DS was so matter of fact, "yes; I tried to see if the eggs were strong enough to hold my weight. He'd put the tray on the floor and stood on the eggs. Heard a crack which he thought was the dog chewing on her bone, and had put the egg tray back on the side". Hence the egg goo all over the floor and all the eggs were broken on the bottom. So "the eggs weren't stronge enough to hold my weight Mummy." By which time my Dad was in fits of laughter on the floor in the kitchen... Little sod... Why didn't you just ask and we could have done the experiment together? Oh to be 10!?!?!

Oh just realised I probably ought to point out that I'm actually 5ft 11 so that may be why my bump doesnt look so big to some of you that are shocked its 33cms....tis because I'm very long lol.

... fustration of not being able to sort the house out as fast as I'd like

If it's any consolation, our house has taken about a year longer to renovate than we planned in our original schedule. It's finally coming together, but not without lots of trials and tribulations along the way. (Well, we didn't plan on replacing the ENTIRE roof, rafters, etc. for a start.) We're in the very fortunate position (and I am truly grateful for this every day) that I am able to be wage-earner while OH does up the house ... but of course once baby is here things will need to change. So for now OH is very busy plastering, sanding, etc. but at the same time trying to set up his business so he can start working when I stop work. Blimey! Now very much looking forward to a warm and cosy cottage, without leaks, dust-encrusted floorboards, "unusual" electrics, or everything I own being in boxes. Oh, and the best thing I'm looking forward to is ... having more than a third of a square metre of worktop in the kitchen. For somebody whose Big Thing is cooking, this is truly something:)

Oh just realised I probably ought to point out that I'm actually 5ft 11 so that may be why my bump doesnt look so big to some of you that are shocked its 33cms....tis because I'm very long lol.

Does this mean, in general, that shorter girls tend to have bumps measuring a bit less than due date would suggest? I posted the other day querying what it mean when bump was measuring 24cm at 26wks. But both OH and I are quite short, so I'm guessing we're in for short-ish offspring as well. Is that how it works?

Um I really dont know. I just meant that I have a very long bump cos as you can see it goes pretty much right up to my boobs which considering I have a very long torso means its actually bigger than it looks in pictures.

LK/Colsy - I'm really confused!!!! Where do you actually measure? My MW hasn't measured me at all. When you're measuring your bump, where do you start and stop?!?!?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->