Official October Team Bumpkins

amandas - the midwife measures you. Its called fundal height. It measures from your pubic bone to the top of your uterus.

Hi everyone, was just wondering if i can join you lovely ladies please?!

My name is Kara, i am married to Andrew, aka Bodrew and i have a daughter who is 2 on the 14th of August, Sophie May

I am expecting my baby BOY on the 29th October... I have gestational diabetes and my consulatant has advised that they will not let me go over my due date and may induce me 2 weeks early if he measures big

Looking forward to getting to know you all

Kara xxx

Welcome to the group Kara!
x

I've not been measured either. I did a rough go at it myself when I was 24 weeks and it was 17 which seemed small. I'm only 5'2 well just a smidge under that.

Hi everyone, hope you are well

Well I had my 28 week app today with yet another midwife but she was def the nicest so far. Everything was fine, measuring 28 according to my my notes (28 weeks 2moro). For the last couple of weeks the babies head has been sticking out my side and I have been letting everyone feel. The midwife felt my tummy and said the head was at the bottom of my tummy so it's actually LO's bum I've been letting everyone have a feel of!

My landlord phoned me on monday saying he has someone coming round to see the flat on friday, but wont say what for :growlmad: So I'm trying to find the energy to tidy up as I'm on a 12 hour shift tommorow. I have a funny feeling it may be a surveyor, and as my lease ran out in march he only has to give me a months notice to move out if he is selling. I told him he had to give me notice if he wants me to leave, he said it's nothing like that but... He's a friend of my sisters, godfather to her son, but we all fell out recently over his new gf and I really hope she isn't pushing him to get me out as I don't fancy tryng to find a new flat plus move later on.

Sorry this has turned into a bit of a rambling rant!

Thanks LK - that makes sense. The MW does find the top of the uterus and seems to measure with her hands but not a tape measure! I'll have a look on my notes and see if i can spot it written anywhere!

Had our first hypnobirthing class tonight which was good! Saw a couple of births on dvd which is always a bit scary!!! But the women just seemed to breathe out the baby! I'm booking myself a birth like that! Lol!

Right I'm off to bed to read the first chapter in the book! Night all x

Morning all, gosh I kept needing a wee in the night I thik got up 3 times. Spoke to my mum last night and she said other than a pram suit I dont need any other clothes, what with me buying and her buying. OH has been joking i'll have to change the baby twice aday. I've not bought that much and as most was in sales or off ebay didnt spend loads and loads.

House is in need of a tidy here but im having a lazy day!!!

Znwinnie if your lease has lapsed does the landlord not have to give you 2 months notice, I know ours has lapsed so we have to give 1 month they give 2 months.

morning everyone.

got our breastfeeding workshop this afternoon followed by 4d scan this evening! :) so excited for that.

btw, im 1980 - was 28 when got pregnant and will be 29 when he arrives :)

Hello everyone!!!! im 30 weeks today!!!!!!! Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
h702, goodluck with the scan tonight too, cant wait to see the pics xxxxxxxxx

Good Morning all :flower:
Im 28 and will be when LO arrives and I feel old this pregnancy compared to my 1st where I was 16!! Although I know it isn't old really I just feel the difference,even between my 2nd baby 6 years ago when I was 22.
Ive sold my pram already,it was only on Ebay a day :happydance::happydance: so hubbys now happy with me again now weve only the 1 pram and we have our money back from the other pram.
Looks to be a lovely sunny day here today and what are my plans....dusting down the breadmaker thats been ontop of the kitchen cabinets for the past 3 years and making bread! Might make a cake too if I can be bothered.

Happy 27 weeks Honey Sunshine
Have a lovely scan H702!
Happy 30 weeks Sam
xxx

Just checked my bank online and my HIPG money has been paid in :thumbup:They only seem to be taking a week to sort it out at the mo,I posted the form off last wednesday.

Ohhh, brilliant news Helz!

I havent been given my form yet - next midwife appt is 4th August, so probably then??

Make sure to ask for the form honeyshine, some mw's aren't very forth coming with forms.

:wohoo: congrats to the girls hitting another week. Time is going by nicely now isn't it.

Good morning all,

Congrats to Honeysunshine and Sam :happydance: for hitting new weeks :happydance:

znwinne - that really made me chukkle thinking about everyone feeling your LO's bum - that is something I would do!

I get my HIP form on the 5th August, glad its not talking too long to process now, have to work out what I am spending it on!!

we have our 4d scan tmrw - still not finding out sex, but reckon its what hip money will go on x

Ooo I am posting my HIP form today cos she gave it to me yesterday. Have phoned and left a message with the community midwives in Aylesbury so will wait and see how long it takes them to get back to me. My midwife has said to keep my antenatal classes here until I can book new ones in Aylesbury, just in case they are fully booked and I can't get any there.

So far from HIP money i've bout 3 baby outfits, a new dressing gown and a set of PJ's. May save some for when we need other baby things. I'm tempted to get a foot spa though as feet keep swelling up.

I was measuring 5 weeks ahead, but after a growth scan 2 days ago, bean is measuring fine, seemingly it can vary a lot day to day, depending on what position they get themselves into.

Morning ladies.

God ur all making me feel sooo old!!!! I will be 32 when DS3 is here, feel like a mother hen, lol!!!

Glad everyone is doing good, I had midwife yesterday, she took my bloods and left me with a huge purple bruise, not nice:nope:
She also gave me my HIP form so sent that one off yesterday.
Baby is breech at mo, have to go back in 4 weeks and if he hasnt moved discuss options from there.

Well its the first day of school holidays here and my 3 year old is already driving me mad:wacko:

Right, best get on and put the next lot of washing on, I've promised the boys a trip to the park later so need to get some chores done!!!

Yaay to Honey and Sam :happydance: :happydance:
I'm hopeless at remembering now :blush:

I've spent my HIP pennies on a chiropractor as recommended by Chaos and OMG - I slept for the first time in months, going again today but I feel really positive that she can kick the SPD to the kerb :cloud9: It's costly but if it stops me having crutches then so be it.

Jlo - ssshh I'm 33! or 'elderly' according to my notes :rofl::rofl:
AND I've got a toyboy husband - tut tut me bringing the Bumpkins into disrepute...:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->