Official October Team Bumpkins

Glad to see are a few more 'oldies' on here! I'm 32 - will be 33 when my daughter is born - and is my first child! Quite depressing being classed as old at 32/33!!!

My first too Bingers :happydance:
I think we should cross out 'elderly' and replace with 'mature' :blush: :blush:

Glad to see are a few more 'oldies' on here! I'm 32 - will be 33 when my daughter is born - and is my first child! Quite depressing being classed as old at 32/33!!!

Agghh, I'm still the oldest so far! :blush: Definitely not described as "elderly" in my notes though - as I mentioned before, midwife really told me off when I described myself as being "older". She said a lot of girls round our way are waiting until early forties before having babies. If I were a sociologist, I'd considering researching the difference across the country - it actually sounds quite interesting.

Urgh feeling absolutely rubbish today. Got a headache and feeling sicky and just woozy and not well. Got to go to work in 2 hours and just really dont want to, but having phoned yesterday to say I would be back today I dont really feel that I can phone in sick now! Oh well, only 6 and a half hours at work and then another 2 days off. Been doing some research and aparantly because of my PCOS I should have been offered a GTT between 24 and 28 weeks anyway!

I think things just generally happen later now Colsy, people even leave home later now! You still get alot of people in their early 30's living at home with mum! So I think people having babies later is just a sign of the times, its no bad thing :)

Hmm that was interesting....just got 30 seconds of bad pain in the right side of my bump...making me feel quite faint...but no tightenings with it. Feeling quite rubbish now.

:hugs: Littlekitten - maybe you should stay off work? Sounds like you just need to rest and if there are any more probs call someone.

I ageree LK stay off work.

Pip I have a toyboy too :rofl:

I've just realised ive not had any breakfast. Must decide what to make for lunch.

I cant stay off work. They phoned me this morning to ask if I was back today so I cant really phone back now and say sorry I wont be in! I will just say to them when I get there that I've had some pain and I'm not feeling particularly great and so take it easy. Gonna phone the midwife now and see what she says.

I do that then eveyone tells me off when I get to work! I hate messing work about too but you have to make you and LO no 1, it's just hard when you have a good work ethic!

Good idea on calling the MW, whatever you end up doing, just take it as easy as possible x

Littlekitten8 hope your ok :hugs: sounds like you need some rest hun x

I still havent had my HIP form from mw last time i asked she looked with a blank look on her face :nope: then asked me what it was :cry: i had to explain so this time im asking when i go to the hospital next week. Ive got more or less everything for baby now but need new carpet and need to paint before baby arrives so money will go on that.

Hope everyone is ok and bumps are ok xx

I am a '77' girl so will be 32 when bubs arrives. Going to ask for hip form on Monday when I see midwife.

Congrats on everyone hitting new weeks today! On a late shift so hoping ward not too manic.

xx

I think I will get some new PJ's, a nice tolitery bag for hospital and a few nice bits to go in there. It sounds daft but I'm not used to having so much money to treat myself with!

Ok so I gave in and phoned delivery suite cos I couldnt get hold of my midwife. The midwife there spoke to the consultant who wants me to be seen. So as they are really busy up there they have advised me to see the GP so I have to go see them first at 2pm and then go to delivery suite if he thinks its an obstetric thing. Have been losing quite alot of liquid this morning but think its just discharge...fingers crossed. Also have just had a bit of an upset tummy. The thing thats concerning me more though is that I've not felt him move for an hour now.

Lk - DON'T YOU EVEN THINK ABOUT DOING THE LATE!!!!

Give me the number and I'll ring if you want-really :thumbup:
You have got to stop worrying about work - I've bitten the bullet and taken this week and next week off sick - the ward won't fall down without me.
You know you can't guarantee 'taking it easy' in work so don't risk it.
I'm sure your lil rascal is fine - get your feet up and wait to see what MW says :hugs: :hugs:

Hehe thanks Pip....I have already phoned and told them I wont be in cos the consultant at delivery suite wants me seen and cos its busy there he wants me to get an emergency appointment with the GP so Im seeing them at 2pm.

Im so glad you aren't going to work LK I'd of been tempted to tell you off otherwise. Glad you are getting seen. You and LO are no. 1 and dont forget it!

I felt horrid having to be off work but I know its best for bubs. Just take it easy and keep us updated.

:hugs:

Good afternoon ladies!

I hope we're all ok. I'm back on here now. Hubby and I had a 'no laptop' rule while we were off on hols and he's literally just left for his first day back and I'm back on here.....:blush: Oops! :)

We had a wonderful time off on hols. We got some fab weather, had a day on the beach, really enjoyed ourselves generally and then got the biggest wake-up call yet when on the way home we got stuck in 10 hours of traffic! It was like we weren't meant to come back! :dohh: Still, we're home now. We got back on Sunday and the house is a tip! :blush:

The whole work thing hasn't cleared up. We are trying to organise a time/day for the appeal meeting and it looks like it's going to be the 17th August!! I will be 31 weeks pg at that point and I'm not happy. Hubby has said that if we get to 35 weeks then I should say I'm not going in until after the bubs is born. I will officially be on Maternity leave in 2 weeks! :happydance: Seriously cannot wait!!

Sorry to read about the probs people are having. I'll try to catch up while I have 5 mins! Have a mountain of washing and ironing to get through today and tbh I'm just putting it off hugely.

I also have to work out how to afford all of the things we need for the next three months seeing as work have decided to put me on sick pay! Need £200 of tyres for the car, £200 of oil for the c/h and a new lawnmower seeing as it decided to pack in! Add to that the remaining baby stuff and I'm left wondering if someone will buy my kidney!! :dohh: :wacko: I'm sure it'll be fine though....we'll get there! And if all else fails there's always tea! :coffee: I discovered that Whittards de-caff is fab and tastes just like Yorkshire Tea! Would totally recommend. It's £3 a box but when you're a tea addict like me, you can make it last!! :thumbup:

Hugs to everyone and it's good to be back!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->