Official October Team Bumpkins

Maffie - Ex's can be so cruel... I hope you're ok, and I really wouldn't take it to heart. I'm sure that you and OH will make fine parents, I think may be your OH ex might be panicing about the time that you have 'their' child and if the time may be reduced... Has OH tried to comfort you about it all? My OH was very good when we were having a horrid time caused by his ex and their child trying to play one parent off the other. Whilst doing the you're not my parent act to me. I hope things ease for you and OH, as you will need bonding time for your own family when babe arrives...

(It took an awful lot of time to sort out, and since their child is now a teen; things are so very different. We don't argue or bicker any more and as my DS knows nobody else as parents DS was 4 months old when OH came into his life and we work together with the challenges now.)

Hope you have better luck at the GP's...

I am so glad I've the weekend off, just woke up after a nap feel rather groggy. DS and I are going to tackle the laundry that needs putting away and my clothes that need storing, they're not going to fit for quite a while... lol

Thanks eswift. I think OH is so stressed all he says to me is dont stress. I just dont like being insulted.

On a positive note im signed off till maternity leave starts so thats one less worry and mum just called to say she's popping over for an hour which is nice as they are over in yorkshire. Think she realised I was stressed out.

Hope the grogginess passes eswift, chocolate usually perks me up when im like that.

Here's a thing - I emailed most of my clients last week to let them know I am pg and when my maternity leave is due to start (assuming baby's on time ish!). I lost count of the number who responded immediately - and I really do mean immediately - wishing me congrats etc.

Well how come those same lovely clients sometimes don't reply for hours, or even days, when I have work-related questions for 'em? Eh?

Like I said, this was a bit pointless, but I thought somebody should hear me LOL.

xx

Colsy I think people like ignoring work issues...... makes them look busy :rofl:

Yep, I seriously think you're right! The thing that really really really pees me off though is when a client gives me a deadline and tells me it's imperative that I meet it otherwise the world will blow up or something, and then when I hand over the project on time it turns out the client's on holiday or they say something like "Oh, I forgot that was due back". Like what?!

Do you remember the chunky colourful china Ikea and Whittard used to sell? You could buy lots of different colours of bowls, plates, etc., some with spots, some plain, some striped. The idea was that your china "matched" in that the style was all the same but the colours and patterns didn't actually match. The best thing was when you broke a piece, you could replace with another piece without it being an exact match.

Ikea's crockery has gone all posh lately, and what's left of the company Whittard seems to be uninterested in selling crockery.

Just wondering whether anybody knows of anywhere else that sells this sort of thing. Ta xx

Well I have had a very productive day today. Did a load of washing of James's clothes which are now drying. Have packed my labour bag and James's little bag (used his changing bag and just have to add his babygros and vests when they are dry). Cleaned, polished and hoovered my room. Have hoovered all of downstairs as we have more viewings on this house tomorrow. Made pasta bake for my lunch and OHs dinner. Put away all the washing which had dried over the last couple of days. All I have to do now is to buy some more pajamas to put in my bag.

Feeling much happier now that I'm a little more prepared. And James seems to have enjoyed the activity cos hes been wriggling and kicking all day lol.

Hey Ladies , Im back from my lovely hols.. happy to be back though because I will be moving onto 3rd tri in a couple of days I cant believe it..

I had such a lovely time really relaxing just what I needed.. Did absolutley nothing other than relaxed and eat. Bump has gotten much bigger along with my ass but ah well it was worth it !

Hope you are all keeping well ! xxxxxxxxxxxx

Do you remember the chunky colourful china Ikea and Whittard used to sell? You could buy lots of different colours of bowls, plates, etc., some with spots, some plain, some striped. The idea was that your china "matched" in that the style was all the same but the colours and patterns didn't actually match. The best thing was when you broke a piece, you could replace with another piece without it being an exact match.

Ikea's crockery has gone all posh lately, and what's left of the company Whittard seems to be uninterested in selling crockery.

Just wondering whether anybody knows of anywhere else that sells this sort of thing. Ta xx

whittards online still do all the mix and match crockery

Hello All!

I am due October 7th. We did not find out if our baby is a boy or girl so I am anxiously awaited the arrival of our LO.

Hope this works, should be two photos of my grumpy lil man ! :haha:

Beaner in 4d 003.jpg

Beaner in 4d 011.jpg

Hey! =]

Wow...October is getting so close now!

I saw that programme about the oldest mothers. It was... interesting!

h702- he's so cute! =]

Morning all

h702 they are amazing pics, wish I was getting a 4D scan

My mum came round yesterday evening to drop off baby's clothes, gosh did I buy so much? Need to empty one of my wardrobes to hang it all. She's washed and ironed everything and bacgged each item like a dry cleaners do so it's all ready and she took the other new stuff I bought. I literally need a pram suit clothes wise. I thnk this baby will be spoilt. She also bought some new gorgeous clothes and got the most gorgeous bibs from the disney store.

Gotta love my mum :cloud9:

Maffie - I brought my Pram outfit from Mama & Papa's, I think it was one of the 1st things I brought. It's lovely and soft... White and fluffy with a teddy on... Even has a proper hole for the pram clips... It was reduced from £28 - £19... As they had % off...

I got 2 outfits from Tesco's yesterday, one with Roo on and one covered in teddy bears... And got change from £16... Bargain... Two of the few items I have that aren't beige...

Gunner's Mama - Welcome to the group...

Taking DS and OH to the new leisure centre's open day this morning, then off for a ride into the countryside, I off to buy some more non-alcoholic ginger wine; it eased my heartburn really fast and made me feel tons better that anti-acids have and I slept better than I have done for ages... So it'll be money well spent...

h702, fab pics!!!! i bet your made up!!!!

Morning girls. Well the weather has finally cheered up! Its really bloody hot here already. Was going to do more washing today but my housemate has beaten me to it d'oh!

I'm so giving up putting anything about my pregnancy on Facebook. I posted about the fact that I was measuring 6 weeks ahead and OHs cousins friend has got herself in a tiz thinking her baby is going to come early cos the midwife said mine might. And now OHs cousing is telling me off for worrying her! I told her millions of times its got nowt to do with him being a big baby!

LK - I have stopped posting about my pregnancy on facebook too. TBH I've lost interest in it as I got sick of people prying about things and asking me for my reasons for everything!! I even had my friend's bf ask me if we're having a water birth (this was ages ago and only you girls and hubby know I do want one). Kind of freaked me out. Add to that my Mum following every single thing on there with a comment or a question I was feeling suffocated.

Good afternoon ladies.
Well today is a funny day. We're both ok although I was convinced I was in labour last night as I rolled over in bed and got the biggest BH I've ever had, combined with my round ligaments being pulled in every direction it was agony. Took about 15 minutes to die off.

I'm worried about money too. We're absolutely rock bottom skint! I am expecting my wages through but I don't know when. I haven't heard anything else from work about it or the matter of my maternity leave. I have no idea what's going on and I have bills coming out next week which normally would be covered by my wages but no sign atm. It's very frustrating....oh and the car has decided to develop an electrical fault.....just what we need! :growlmad: Any tips on the horses that anyone knows....or the winning lottery numbers? :winkwink:

Other than that....it's all good. The dog is getting trained today seeing as the weather is good. I'm fed up of him barking at passers by so the front door is open and I have a rattle bottle and spray bottle on hand. So far he's doing well but no-one has gone past for an hour......blooming typical!! :dohh:

Have a lovely sunny day girls. I've got a few bits to do and a cake to make.....mmmmmmm cake! :hugs::happydance:

Ooo Aimee-Lou now you've got me wanting cake! I wanted to go pick up some bedding today but realised OH has the bloody card cos he wanted to go to Tescos yesterday. So bang goes that idea! Still don't even have any sheets for the moses basket or the cot lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->