Official October Team Bumpkins

Gosh, all you lucky lasses out there with just a couple of weeks to go until mat leave ... I've got ten weeks to go yet (assuming nothing unforeseen happens!). I'm planning to work until a fortnight before due date. But then plans have been known to go awry;-)

Still, the Revenue have confirmed in writing that I am entitled to maternity allowance (I don't get statutory, cos I'm self-employed) and I've also just had my HiPG confirmation letter -- both things done very efficiently, I have to say.

xx

LK- glad to hear you can chill out now without having to worry about work.

Maffie- congrats on making it to 27 weeks & into the 3rd tri. :) As of 1st august, will ALL the Bumpkin ladies be in 3rd tri??? (my maths sucks, lol)

I didn't go into work today, which peed my boss off. Feel utterly lousy & I kinda left her in the lurch, which I feel so guilty about, but there was no way I could manage a 10hr shift today... I slept in till 1pm, so I obviously needed the rest.
My last day at work is 18th august (I'm using up my 22 days annual leave then going straight into maternity leave in mid sept) & it cannot come any sooner! I ache constantly, feel really run down, have much bigger concerns in my head & I am sooooo sick of every single person I come into contact with asking me personal questions about the pregnancy, my size, my bodily functions, plans for the future etc...
I think being pregnant has made me much more sympathetic to other pregnant people & I really hope that after the baby, I remember this the next time I stare at a persons bump and ask silly questions that aren't really anything to do with me, LOL!

God I hate Mondays.......

How's everyone else doing?

Gosh, all you lucky lasses out there with just a couple of weeks to go until mat leave ... I've got ten weeks to go yet (assuming nothing unforeseen happens!). I'm planning to work until a fortnight before due date. But then plans have been known to go awry;-)

Still, the Revenue have confirmed in writing that I am entitled to maternity allowance (I don't get statutory, cos I'm self-employed) and I've also just had my HiPG confirmation letter -- both things done very efficiently, I have to say.

xx

I was planning on working right through till the week before, but my body begs to differ, which is why I chose to use up my leave etc before hand... I am now thanking the heavens I made thsat decision, hehe.
I too only qualify for maternity alloowance. Sooooo not looking forward to my wages dropping to a 3rd of what they usually are. I'm gonna be broke for the rest of my life I reckon! (Unless OH suddenly does get the job he wants, in which case I will never work again! :) )

Hoping my HiPG goes into the bank in the next coupl of days- posted it last week. From what people have said, they seem to only be taking a week to get it all sorted, which is cool.

I'm flexing one day off tomorrow and then that is it until I take some holiday from 12 Oct (oo must remember thats my friends birthday too) which is two weeks before due date. Taking maternity leave from the 24th which is the due date - so long as LO doesn't get any early ideas! I'm only on maternity leave until 15th January as after that my pay gets cut in half and there is no way we can take that kind of cut! So I am using up pretty much the rest of my holiday up until the end of Feb so I can be with LO for longer, except 3 days which will have to last me until end of Aug 2010!) and going back to work full time on 1st March. I'm looking forward to October arriving soon but I hope the rest of that time goes a bit slower!!

What do you do if you self employed Colsy - do you get someone in as a temp to do your own work? I never really thought about leave if your self employed.

:hugs: florabean1981.

I'm feeling a bit more perkier this afternoon, got lots of envelopes to stuff so feel like an office junior again :rofl: It prob best I am at work today as OH is off ill so don't want his nice bug. Day off tomorrow too as it's my birthday so thats why I managed to flex it off :D

Thats sounded really yummy littlekitten! Especially the sugar snap peas, I have a thing for those at the moment too! Great news about work too!

Thanks Nij, yes I think we should :D Even though I feel super tired when I get home I would be gutted if you had done it all.

Hope you have a nice week too Mrs029 :thumbup:

:hugs:h702

Enjoy your nap eswift :sleep:

Right back to those letters . . . !

Hi everyone

Well made it to 28 weeks so happy :happydance: bring on 32 wks!
Just been looking through preg notes does anybody elses look like theyve had them a year? you should see the state of mine had to sellotape them cause theyve ripped had about 10 additional pages added for consultants to write notes. Still havent got any numbers on there for labour ward or clinic but leaving it like that until i go to my next appointment and show them then.
Its going to be boring for me now until he arrives as not allowed to do too much and isnt really fair on the kids but would rather they have there mum around then in hospital.
Can i ask where you all had your oct bumpkins blinkies from the one thats says its a boy or girl/suprise etc? thanks x

What do you do if you self employed Colsy - do you get someone in as a temp to do your own work? I never really thought about leave if your self employed.

Guess it all depends on what your business is. Me, I'm simply stopping work for a while and have informed all my regular clients - then I'll get in touch with them again once I want to start working again. I'll stay in the general loop by checking my office email and phone messages every few days, and I'll keep my clients up to date with baby pix etc.

Hi everyone

Well made it to 28 weeks so happy :happydance: bring on 32 wks!
Just been looking through preg notes does anybody elses look like theyve had them a year? you should see the state of mine had to sellotape them cause theyve ripped had about 10 additional pages added for consultants to write notes. Still havent got any numbers on there for labour ward or clinic but leaving it like that until i go to my next appointment and show them then.
Its going to be boring for me now until he arrives as not allowed to do too much and isnt really fair on the kids but would rather they have there mum around then in hospital.
Can i ask where you all had your oct bumpkins blinkies from the one thats says its a boy or girl/suprise etc? thanks x

Im sure someone posted them in here, will be quite a few threads back now and I can't remember who posted it but they are defo in here somwhere :)

(Congrats on 28 weeks btw - I also added that in your seperate thred)

Thank Colsy, was just wondering.

I thinki it might have been baby.love that posted them along with the codes... It was quite a while ago now tho... At worst, you could right click & save one to your desktop, then upload it to photobucket to get your own code & add it to your sig that way??? (not sure if that would work, but it might)

This is the code for a boy (take out stars)

[*IMG]https://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii149/love2badiva2/its-a-boy.gif[/IMG*]

Happy Birthday for tomorrow kte :cake:

Just started clearing my craft room (aka the nursery out) Managed to bag up 1 sack of rubbish but im struggling on what to do with everything. I used to own a craft business and all the stock thats left and my craft supplies need to go but all that listing on ebay is too much :dohh:

I wish the bedrooms in this house were better sized we have 2 decent sized bedrooms which one is ours and the other is for OH's kids when they visit the next one down is for guests/cimputer which means the box room is the nursery. Arrrgh I want all the stuff gone and I want to move house!!!!

Happy birthday Kte! :flower:

Colsy, I've been off since May but it's starting drag now! At least I officially start on ML next week (will have some holiday before that seing as I've taken none since April when the new year kicked in!!) but I officially go on Leave on Monday......woohoo...I'll actauly have a legitimate reason for being off, not just 'stress' :shrug: which according to all my F&F is 'skiving'. :growlmad: Shame you can't take more time off, but I suppose the bonus of working for yourself is that you'll have a lot of flexibility when you go back. Got to be a good thing!

I'm having a weird day. Hubby and I had a lovely day yesterday. Just chilled out, had a nice dinner and talked about stuff. Since we got back off holiday it's been non-stop and it was nice to just chill out yesterday!

Got loads to do today though now. I hate mondays, even at home! :dohh:

Hope we all had a good weekend and have a nice week everyone. We have our 28 week MW appointment on Thursday. Hoping to get all my paperwork sorted.....I've had nothing yet! :growlmad:

Thanks Maffie - love the cake!!

How about sticking the craft items on as a job lot for wholsalers and carbooters in one big swoop?

:hugs:

Thank you too Aimee-lou, for some reason it won't let me thank you ?!? Hope you get some chill time :D

How about sticking the craft items on as a job lot for wholsalers and carbooters in one big swoop?

LOL as soon as I saw that thread about craft room/nursery I was dreading you offering to buy it all lol

LOL as soon as I saw that thread about craft room/nursery I was dreading you offering to buy it all lol

If we had the room I would have but we are still clearing out ourselves!!

I literally have hundreds and hundreds of things. I dont think I could do it in one lot as there is probably a few thousand sheets of papers, 100s meters of ribbons, loads of stamps, inks argggggg theres so much.

I've told OH im keeping a load of stuff for me in case I get back into crafty things as I dont want to sell all my machines and dies.

I literally have hundreds and hundreds of things. I dont think I could do it in one lot as there is probably a few thousand sheets of papers, 100s meters of ribbons, loads of stamps, inks argggggg theres so much.

I've told OH im keeping a load of stuff for me in case I get back into crafty things as I dont want to sell all my machines and dies.

True, if you get the craft bug again then you will be mad you sold it all and had to start again! Eventually you will be able to make stuff with your LO as well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->