Official October Team Bumpkins

How about sticking the craft items on as a job lot for wholsalers and carbooters in one big swoop?

LOL as soon as I saw that thread about craft room/nursery I was dreading you offering to buy it all lol

I literally have hundreds and hundreds of things. I dont think I could do it in one lot as there is probably a few thousand sheets of papers, 100s meters of ribbons, loads of stamps, inks argggggg theres so much.

I've told OH im keeping a load of stuff for me in case I get back into crafty things as I dont want to sell all my machines and dies.

Ribon, now there is an idea........
Thats half the battle, space versus practicality - its a big toss-up.
Luckily both Kte and myself have little crafty/arty bugs, so were both understanding abotu eachother hobbies.

I know OH cant moan about stuff as the dining room is currntly a bike store as we have no garage at this house. We are both keen cyclists but we currently have the tandem in the shed my road, mountain and commuter bikes in the dining room. OH's 4 bikes in dining room not to mention his racing bike is currently sat in our bedroom and the folding bike is in the boys bedroom :dohh: we need a garage. At least I can do all my clothes drying in there and keep the fridge and freezer in there too. :rofl: we have an undertsanding letting agent!

I know OH cant moan about stuff as the dining room is currntly a bike store as we have no garage at this house. We are both keen cyclists but we currently have the tandem in the shed my road, mountain and commuter bikes in the dining room. OH's 4 bikes in dining room not to mention his racing bike is currently sat in our bedroom and the folding bike is in the boys bedroom :dohh: we need a garage. At least I can do all my clothes drying in there and keep the fridge and freezer in there too. :rofl: we have an undertsanding letting agent!

jesus, and i thought we needed a garage urgently.........but not as bad as you guys

Hmm not sure if anyone else would find the following useful...

I've just been on the phone to working tax, whilst talking to the lady I enquired about what to do when I start Mat leave. She said that when you start Mat leave they stop counting £100 a week of your wages for each week that you're on Mat leave for regardless if it's the 26 weeks or if like me company pays for longer.

I was like wow! That's a large part of my wages, it'll make such a big difference for us. Plus you get extra money too for there being a new babe in the house once babe arrives... They can work it out for you now, if you'd like them too. I was really pleasantly surprised...

I thought you couldn't do it until after bubs was born. I may give them a call next week when I'm on maternity. Good to know.....

I thought it would help out, even those who will only get MA... Well, I'm sure you know how much of a difference it'll make... I just kept saying, that's alot of money to gain in my pocket! Think she thought I was nuts, Talk about struggling with pregnancy brain. Couldn't have a nap, so totally out of it... Made those silly phone calls that needed doing...

Booked a trip around the local hospital, bit of a joke really. Yes! I'm moaning, I'm getting quite good at it... They've closed the maternity unit at the local hospital only offering painkiller free births now, the next nearest one now is 30 mins away and they next after that is about an hour. I thought I was making an informed decision by choosing the local one, as my last labour was 36 mins. As Mum & Dad live 5 mins round the corner, thought it was a good decision until they've moved all the other services; maybe it's old age but I'm rather concerned now incase anything does go wrong...

After a why are you wanting to come here, where do you live, why aren't you going to the others? Aventually they allowed me to book a trip around the ward as they too agreed that with the previous history, I was making an informed decision and hopefully the unit will be open fully and working fully staffed. Although it's not planned until after my due date...

I'm feeling rather ill informed at the moment, I guess 10 years since DS and being older, and having anxieties about the whole thing, new baby, labour, DS with Babe, the house etc isn't helping... Mum was on that she had similar feeling when she had my sister, as I was 3 LOL and she suddenly had to start with a tiny new baby again... She did make me smile, as DS does probably everything for himself now and it's been a bloody long time since I breast fed him or changed his nappy... Gotta love her...

Happy birthday for tomorrow Kte!

Went and bought some moses basket sheets, cotbed sheets, and a nightlight/torch thing for DSS today. Can't believe how much they bloody cost!! Also got some nursing bras cos they were in the sale. So all I need to buy now is some more dark pants, a pair of PJs and some slipper socks for my labour bag. And the moses basket and the bumper etc for the cotbed. And then as far as I can figure out we are all done!!

Muchly disappointed......I have just been on entitledto.co.uk and apparently we can get £12 a week! :shrug:

Better than nowt I suppose!!

LK - Well done on getting close to the end of the marathon of shopping that is required! We still have to get a few things but priorities have gone elsewhere! Baby had a bed to sleep in, clothes to wear and nappies and bottles, everything we can get closer to the time. I also need to buy the worlds supply of maternity towels etc to go in my maternity bag.....oh the glamour!! :blush:

Thank you Littlekitten :D

May have a look at the tax credits thing later but my brain is not in gear at the mo for figures! Anything extra to what we worked out will be a bonus!

Having to take the cat to the vet tomorrow for the snip and she has been banned from food now due to the op - however this is driving her bonkers which in turn is driving me bonkers!

I feel so unorganised having not even started a hospital bag, or even having a bag to start! Im wanting to stock it with stuff by using my HIP money and I get my form on the 5th Aug so I think I will make a list then I can just get everything then.

Kte I realised I need to buy a bag for my labour bag. I kinda keep an old sports bag semi packed at the moment with keep ending up in hospital, but want a new bag for baby's arrival.

Well James' bag is officially packed. It has a pack of nappies, a packet of cotton wool, a little tub of sudocrem, 2 emergency cartons of Aptamil, 3 tiny baby vests, 3 newborn vests, 3 newborn babygros, 2 tiny baby outfits and 2 tiny baby babygros.

Well James' bag is officially packed. It has a pack of nappies, a packet of cotton wool, a little tub of sudocrem, 2 emergency cartons of Aptamil, 3 tiny baby vests, 3 newborn vests, 3 newborn babygros, 2 tiny baby outfits and 2 tiny baby babygros.

this should be made a sticky somewhere somehow! Very useful.

There is one in 3rd tri section!

I agree Maffie, something new for when LO arrives, I know its not essential to have something new but I would like something new, it just seems to fit with the event!

Great idea about the emergency cartons Littlekitten, didn't think about that one.

Evenin' Girls,

Well I've had a interesting couple days ... Felt crampy low down this weekend .. kinda like that heavy feeling you get when your period is due? and just generally nausea and very tired. (It kinda sucks cause I've had loads of energy and felt great until now)

I called the OB to see if this is normal and this stage and was expecting to just be told to rest and drink a load of water, but they wanted me to go in and get checked. Kinda threw me a bit "Where are you?" "at work?" "ok I need you to come in" "What NOW?!" lol I'd only been there an hour!

Long and short of it, Cervix is still nice and closed, but she's at +1 so that's whats making the pressure and crampy feeling. Shes laying on her side, so her back/butt is facing my left arm and feet my right arm.
The sickly feeling /exhaustion is because I'm anemic so have to take iron (ick)

Oh and I've been told I'm not allowed to wear my rings anymore cause they are getting stuck on by midday lol.

She's still really active in there, moving all the fricking time. I had a feeling she had gone down a bit because I (and not to be gross) can now feel her hiccups kinda around the pubic hair region and her kicks have got lower.

I've basically been told to rest and take it easy. I finish work in 3 weeks anyways :happydance: I still have this feeling she's gonna be here at the start of September.

Other news, my sister went home on Saturday so I been kinda bummed and down. Was crying today for no reason at all other than I just felt kinda sad lol. I'm sure the tiredness has something to do with that.

Maffie ~ Happy 27 weeks :) I LOVE star trek! When I was waiting for my visa to come thru and was basically stuck in the house, I watched both TnG and Voyeger .. the whole LOT twice over haha.
Your craft stuff .. what kinda of stuff do you have, anything scrapbookie? I have a craft room! :)

Kte ~ Ack I hope you feel better soon.

LK ~ Glad they are giving you some extra time off.

H702 ~ I thought that regarding the 3rd today also. Everyone is popping! Its so nice to see some good news in there after the sad events of the last few weeks.

Btw if any of you have not seen it, go check out SB22s journal about Baby Alex. She's so beautiful and doing really well. Its surreal to think that there's a baby in me at the moment as developed as little alex. I love the updates, makes me more excited!

Flora ~ I couldn't agree more. I'm so looking forward to finishing work because I won't have to answer the same pregnancy questions over and over each day. I know they mean well, but its tireing!

Mumof4 ~ Congrats on 28 weeks!! (It was Baby.Love who posted the blinkies)

Hey to all you other girls.

ok, dinner.

Hiya girls!

I havent had a chance to catch up on wkend posts yet, hope all is well!
Nursery Furniture arrives today!! :happydance:

Morning all

Chaos i'm the queen of scrapbook stash :rofl: I think I have maybe 5000 sheets of 12x12 paper if not more. I had loads left from when I closed my store. Most of what I have is scrapbook/card making related. I used to run crops and classes over here.

Does sound like Autumn marie will make an early entrance..... i've told my boy it might be fashonable to be late but it's so not necessary :lol:

Honeyshine what furniture have you got? My mum has deided I need a new cot. I was going to use the one Joseph had (OH's youngest) we bought it for the weekends he was here but went into a bed after about 6 uses. Mum keeps saying to me but this is your first!

Not sure what i'm doing today, probably more cleaning. I seem to be getting the cleaning bug. Have an electrical safety inspection at 2 as well :dohh: I hope they turn up on time the gas one was about 6 hours late.

Morning all, hope were all doing well, i have a midwife appointment this morning, yipeee i will get a hour of work too!!!! hope everyone is well

Morning girls. Hope everyone is ok.

Chaos- wow, I have a feeling James is going to be a September baby too lol. Especially cos my whole family cept my nan will be in Florida for 2 weeks!

I have my growth scan today at 1.20pm so we will see if it is him that is big or whether I'm measuring so big because of excessive waters. I wonder if they will do anything if it is all waters? Surely it cant be good for him to be squished by that much water!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->