Official October Team Bumpkins

glad everything is going well Maffie

Good Afternoon All...

Boy am I getting so tired nowadays... Just woke up after a 2 hour nap! DS was a jem and watched Indiana Jones... Aww bless him, guess I'm no fun at the moment...

I've washed and washed all morning, I'm now starting to make headway through the mountain of black bags. I can't beleive how much stuff we have... Think we've bedding coming out the ear holes... Just need a cupboard big enough to store everything in... lol Think I might need to start looking for an blanket box for each room. I've one in the nursery (with all the cot & moses basket bedding, I'm surprised by how much space in the airing cupboard it's saved..)

Gosh do I feel groggy... Take some time to wake up... I had a lie-in this morning, managed to stay in bed until 7.15am and lots all my breakfast again... Guess I need to have breakfast earlier... I've been having 1st breakfast at stupid o'clock in the morning, somewhere been 3/4am...

JLo - Happy Birthday...

Littlekitten - hope scan goes well...

Maffie - Glad your scan was a good one, not too long until the next one... Hope that's a good one too, I'm sure if the consultants not too worried. You'll be fine...

Chaos - Hope you start feeling better soon... Not too long to go now, hopefully...

Baby.love - Hope your DS starts feeling better too... I'm sure the nursery will look fantastic...

I've started to think about packing my bag & babe's bag too... It's only highlighted how few clothes we've brought... LOL We've got 4 newborn baby grows, 10 newborn vests, gloves & hats... I've made 2 dresses, a cardie & half way through a sailors outfit... So guess I'm taking a selection of baby grows in to hospital with me... I still can't see the point of buying too many clothes until we know what babe is, plus to start with they spend most of their time asleep, eating, crying & you can guess the rest... It'll give me an excuse to go shopping too... So baby grow's will be fine to start with...

Hey ladies,

Maffie- IM sure everything will be fine. xxx

Chaos - :hugs: for you xx

GOt my bag today so better get packing over the next couple of weeks. It was playing on my mind so im glad that i have it now and can start putting things in it each week.

hope you are well today xxxx

Hiya girls

Well been to the Dr with Ethan and she said its a viral cold/infection that could take upto 3 weeks to clear totally! his chest is clear so thats good :) He seems a bit happier and just brought me a ladybird in from the garden :cloud9: He waved goodbye to it when i let it back out .

JLo : Happy birthday babes :cake: xxxxxx
Maffie: I'm glad the scan went well hun x

Thanks for all the comments on me being sterilized x I am going to take a few weeks to think about it properly and see how i feel nearer the time :)

Catch you all in a bit

oooh cripes! I'm 30 weeks today! 3/4 of the way there! flippin heck...

all I have is a changing bag, 5 vests, 4 sleepsuits, 2 hats and some scratch mitts... and I haven't cleared out the room we'll be using as a nursery yet - oh dear, I've been so calm up to now and suddenly feel like I'm running out of time and I've so much to do! You ladies are all so organised!

luckily we are getting most of the big stuff (pram, crib etc) from friends, but still... eeek!

Hi ladies. Hope everyone has had a good day. I'm so so tired. Went out for dinner last night and everyone got absolutely wasted so we didnt get in til 2am...and then didnt actually get to bed til 3am. Was up at 7.30am having gotten up at least twice to pee. Had a nice breakfast cooked for me and then we went to Milton Keynes to shop for baby bedding. Ended up getting a lovely set which was blue with cars on it. Very sweet. OH got very excited so we ended up with quite alot lol but it was so nice cos its the first time I've ever seen him actually enjoy shopping!! Then we went to Ikea and had lunch and bought some more stuff lol.

Got a bit of a shock when I went to the loo in Ikea though! Lost part of my plug. Even checked with my sister as to what it was lol cos even though I was pretty sure it was that I was kinda hoping it wasnt cos obviously Im only 29 weeks. Ah well. Will just be taking it a little more easy over the next few weeks.

oooh cripes! I'm 30 weeks today! 3/4 of the way there! flippin heck...

all I have is a changing bag, 5 vests, 4 sleepsuits, 2 hats and some scratch mitts... and I haven't cleared out the room we'll be using as a nursery yet - oh dear, I've been so calm up to now and suddenly feel like I'm running out of time and I've so much to do! You ladies are all so organised!

luckily we are getting most of the big stuff (pram, crib etc) from friends, but still... eeek!

I feel the same, keep saying I will do things when I am on mat leave but will probably be too knackered by then :)

I feel so sick tonight lol and so exhausted =[ DP was sexy time in abit lol really not in mood =[

Just made pancakes for him after he moaned and moaned that he wanted some and he hasnt eatten them all! =[

we going fort the I LOVE MY BEAR theame in dexters room =]

i'm sure that by the time babe's arrive we'll all be sorted. Told OH today that i'm really hoping for another energy boost really really soon. Mind you, have a feeling i'm gonna be shattered tomorrow at work, seem to be waiting for sleep to come and it's just not happening. Looks like a night of clock watching is on the cards. Oh well:-( at least 4.30's not that far away:)

same here! DD been driving me insane today so couldnt wait to get her bed, i no that sounds awful =[ but now i miss her and feel guilty =[

Oh well, the night didn't take too long to pass; after taking some antiacids for heartburn, a glass of water, numerous trips to the loo, I did aventually get to sleep... Sure it was about 12ish, but hey; sleeps sleep! OH starts nights again today, he aventually came to bed about 3.30am & my alarm went off at 4.30am... Ok I'm up!?!?!

I wonder if I manage to last until lunch time before needing or wanting a nap? Roll on maternity leave... Just over 6 weeks to go... Won't take too long...

DS goes back to Mum & Dad's tonight until after his holidays, (they're away for 2 weeks from friday, then he's got 2 weeks until back at school, then it's 2 weeks until I start Mat leave... It'll pass fast enough)

Morning all

Well i'm being plagued by nightmatres and so is OH. I think it's stress. He's been in his new job just over 2 weeks and it's quite demabnding. I think it will settle down once he's used to the roll though. He seems to bew enjoying it. I think my stress his coming from money worries and his wife causing problems. I'll be so glad when this divorce stops dragging and we can concentrate on being a family.

I've been reading up on this placenta problem and the main cause is smoking :saywhat: i've never smoked but high BP can do it. But antioxidant rich foods can neutralise it so I guess i'll be upping those.

baby.love I think you are right to take a few weeks to think about the sterilising. It may be you just need to get your head around it. I think some people will feel aloss after it even if they are determined its what they want. I think thats only natural.

Eswift I hope your shift at work flies by for you so you can have a nap.

Taylorsmum if the people who do the grant dont have your NI on their system get them to check on your name and DOB. Also make sure to get the name of each person you speak to.

Linda what bag have you gone for? Have you got a nice one for the hospital? I need to buy one.

Morning all, couldn't sleep been awake since 4am :(
I will pay for that later on!!

Got my new changing bag from Mamas and Papas. It was £55 reduced to £20 woohoo!!
It matches my M&P pram that I got 5 years ago!!

I think we have bought everything now except for a cot which we don't need until 6 months after bubs is born so no rush for that :)

I have started to pack my hospital bag now. I posted a while ago about how I got all my miniatures from a site called gotiny.co.uk, and I have so much room in my bag this time which I didn't last time. Excellent!!
Also I got a miniature Batiste dry shampoo from Asdas.
After all that I bet I get out the same day or something :rofl:

Attachments

• changing.jpg
    changing.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 60
oooh nice bag MrsO29.... I have been given a change bag but I think it's too small. Its ok but not quite me. lol so thats a change bag and a hospital bag to buy.

Morning all,

I'm still half asleep too, kept on waking up in hot sweats (nice). Hope we can all catch up on the :sleep: soon.

I have a changing bag which I am super pleased with (another ebay bargain!) but I still want a seperate hospital bag anyway. Great idea about the dry shampoo! Thanks for the link too MrsO29!

Morning All...

Work passed quickly this morning Boss sent me home early, not that I'm complaining... Off to see a friend for coffee, been meaning too for ages... Best go get changed...

I've got a smal tigger suitcase for my hospital bag, and a back pack type bag for my changing bag... I've started to fill it slowly lol... Don't for get sanitary towels - I did last time lol, midwife was horrid!!! Didn't know or realise how much I'd bleed after the birth (innocense or ignorance lol) Needless to say they're already packed this time...

We are struggling with a boys names too, this is my 3rd boy and I feel Ive used the names I liked the most already, if that makes sense.
I also think that as my other 2 both begin with B that is making it harder because everything we seem to put alongside that isnt a B name sounds odd but at the same time if we have another B people will think we are mad?!?!

So at the moment it is playing on my mid 24/7, been watching the tv credits for inspiration too:dohh:

Congrats to everyone on 3rd tri, countdown for us all now:happydance:

OMG, I totally look at the TV credits for name inspiriation too. OH said i was crazy, lol. Glad I'm not the only one, hehe! :)

I totally agree, for some reason with my daughter I didn't take sanitary pads. I don't know why as I packed everything else you could possibly think of, but no-one mentioned this to me.
I didn't realise how much you bleed afterwards either.
Thankfully my hospital gave me a bag full. They didn't have much choice!

For anyone who doesn't know, make sure you get the big old thick kind, not the flat ones. The flat super-absorbent ones take away all the blood and hide any sign of infection.
Mothercare do a great huge bag full quite cheaply which I have already packed!

I'm still procrastinating on sorting the nursry, the hospital bag, everything else eeek.

I did manage to get some reusable swimmer nappies at Boots yesterday reduced from £7 to £1.75

I think i'm stalling on doing things as it's making me realise i'm having a baby. SOON and how will I cope. Is this normal?

Had my first NHS antenatal class 'Life with Baby' last night. Managed to persuade my OH to go with me too. Wasn't hugely informative; the midwife didn't say anything I haven't already read on even the most basic of webpages or magazines... or more to the point, common sense wouldn't tell you. At 27, I reckon I was the youngest person in the room, which really surprised me. Felt like a teen mum or something, hehe.
I also managed to get sunburnt AGAIN on my arms & chest from yesterday... which looks stupid today since it's peeing down with rain here! Stupid weather- my body just can't get used to the changes in temperature & combos of sunshine & rain this year.

Questions: Do 'normal' supermarkets like Tescos/Morrisons/Asda do the old style maternity pad thingies, as I can't seem to find them in my local stores, or do I need to go somewhere a bit more baby-like like Boots/Mothercare/Babies R Us etc?
Also, on average, how many should I take in my hospital bag anyway??? I'm birthing at the big new hosp, then convalessing (can't spell) in my local midwife led birthing unit for a couple of days after that. It's only 5 mins from where I live, so it's not a major issue if I run out, coz I should be able to get anyone to nip home & get me more if necessary, lol.
My sister just gave me an unopened pack of 300 disposable breast pads!!! For those of you who've already had kids, how many breast pads is a woman likely to go thru each day? (300 just seems like, wow, excessive, iykwim?!)

Anyways... Now that we're all in 3rd tri, are we moving this thread over there or are we staying here? Just wondering is all. I dont mind either way. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->