Official October Team Bumpkins

Maffie - I think your concerns are normal, even down to the putting things off... Even me 2nd time around I have doubts and believe it or not; I'm so scared as to wether or not we're going to cope with having a newborn about... I know deep down we'll be fine, I've managed before, and on my own; But I'm so apprehensive... I guess we've so much to do before babe arrives and TBH I'm not sure we'll have everything done, we're trying but time seems to be running away from us.. Maybe, just maybe things aren't as bad as I think they are...

Florabean - I ended up using 3/4 pads all the time with DS, found a breast cup in the end was better than the pads as I was producing so much milk they leaked all the time. I kept a bottle in my bag, and emptied the cups as I walked about town. As you sterilised the cups so the milk could be used for babe's bottles. Not seen them yet as I travel about, but will be getting some when I see them... I've had to start using the breast pads already as I seem to leak at the moment. Not nice lol... Hope this helps, even just a little... Oh the old style pads, I picked up from poundstrechers... I've packed the full pack as I can't see the point in spliting them as they'll not come amisse...

:hugs: Maffie, I think it must be normal. I was just talking to my friend a moment ago and she was saying I will be a good mum - but I don't have a clue about anything!

At the moment I don't feel like I am having a baby soon, it still feels ages away. Maybe I will once all the antenatal classes and more MW appointments kick in.

I think because im having alot of appointments its making it more real. I guess we all have similar insecurities

:hugs:

Good afternoon ladies,

I had a day out of the house yesterday......a rare treat for me! :thumbup:

Collected some money from a couple of places and then proceeded to spend it. I did get a couple of bits of brand new baby clothing from the charity shops for £1 each...was really chuffed and hubby loved them! Also got 10 bibs from Asda for £3! Perfick!!!!

I'm a little bit annoyed about 1 thing....it's a little selfish but I feel like I need a rant.

In January, we went to a friends housewarming on hubby's birthday weekend (just so happened that that was the weekend that LO was conceived so excellend B'day for hubby!). We didn't mind as we hadn't planned anything for his birthday bar a few drinks and a meal so it was nice to be able to let his hair down and really enjoy himself. Now it's time for my birthday and the same people who had the housewarming have moved again and are once again having a housewarming on the same weekend (it's also one of their birthdays). Thing is about 3 days prior to them announcing this, we had already written invites to everyone over facebook inviting everyone to a meal for my birthday and to celebrate in advance the arrival of LO. Now, I don't mind in essence but I'm very tetchy at the moment. Hubby is also a little annoyed as he has invited all his friends too (his celebration too) and now it would appear that they wont be welcome as it's their do....they've said as we suggested this restaurant 'I hope you don't mind us hi-jacking'. I don't, but we would like this celebration to be about us and our little one....not about them moving.....again! Sorry...I'll put the toys back in the pram now but I'm just a little riled about it all. - my last point on this is that there had better not be anything coming between me and the birthday party come naming ceremony I see in January for hubby! Back off people!!!! This one's mine!! :growlmad:

I have loads to do today....already done all my paperwork and just have to pop up to the post box with them. Also, I'm officially on Maternity leave as of tomorrow!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance: Woohoo....been a long time coming but the next 42 weeks (39+3 weeks hols) are going to be lush! I am already looking forward to working again though which is an odd feeling to have lol.

Loving all the hospital bag talk ladies. I'm going to clean the sand out of my bright green suitcase and start packing it today....so excited! (29 weeks tomorrow! woohoo!)

Have a good one ladies! xx

hello everyone hope all is well, Maffie i hope your ok sweety xxxxxxxxxx

afternoon everyone.

got a ante natal class on saturday, 10 - 5!! then sat after its my baby shower!!! getting excited as time is going by. only 5weeks left at work too :)

hope everyone is feeling better this afternoon x

Afternoon ladies. Hope everyone is having a good day. Slept til about 9.30am and then couldnt get back to sleep. Went and had lunch in McDonalds on the way to Mothercare cos didnt have any decent food in the house lol. Got there...had like 2 bites of my chicken thing and got a frickin nose bleed! Lasted 45 minutes so never did finish my lunch. Went to Mothercare and bought 2 more blankets, a rug for the nursery and OH picked out a going home outfit for him which is proper cute.
Trying to get the bloody washing dry which is so not happening today! Been raining on and off aaaaallll day. Wanted to start washing the babys bedding so that once the cot arrives I can make it up....but will have to wait for the rain to stop first.

Hiya girls

Well finally the nursery is taking shape :) all thats left to do is put up the butterfly decals and get some corner shelves.. I have taken some pics but they are a bit crap :lol: Will get my OH to take some better ones soon but these give you an idea.. The nursery is quite a small room but i love it :cloud9:

https://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii149/love2badiva2/011-3.jpg
https://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii149/love2badiva2/012-2.jpg
https://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii149/love2badiva2/013.jpg
https://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii149/love2badiva2/014-2.jpg
https://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii149/love2badiva2/015-1.jpg
https://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii149/love2badiva2/016-2.jpg
https://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii149/love2badiva2/017-2.jpg
https://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii149/love2badiva2/019-1.jpg

Sorry total overload :blush: xx and sorry for the size of the pics xx

Well finally the nursery is taking shape :) all thats left to do is put up the butterfly decals and get some corner shelves.. I have taken some pics but they are a bit crap :lol: Will get my OH to take some better ones soon but these give you an idea.. The nursery is quite a small room but i love it :cloud9:

Aww, it looks lovely. You must be really pleased with what you've done xx

Thanks hun, i will be happy when the decals are up as they will add more colour to the walls, i also have to dress the cot yet but that should be done tomorrow.

I keep going up and standing in there and my god its a weird feeling knowing that its Freya's room xx Cant wait to see her in it.. I will get some pics of all the other bits later too.. Like her moses etc xx

Wow looks lovely baby.love. Will be another 4 weeks before my nursery is anywhere near done. Move in 3 and a half weeks yay. Cot etc is being delivered 1st September so we will then be dressing the nursery. Can't wait. We have all the bits and pieces now...just have to get the curtains after we move in cos I can't remember how big the window is in the boys room. Will be so nice to finally feel like we are getting ready for this little mans arrival!

Baby.love - The room looks great! It looks really cosy... I'm sure Freya will settle fine in there...

It'll be a few weeks before we can sort babes room out... OH still has some more sanding to do on our floor boards & the livingroom walls. OH is hopefully, painting the livingroom this weekend, as uncle is working away now. Needs must... DS goes away with my parents this weekend, so we're planning on moving our furnitureinto his room so the floor can be finished whilst he's away... Then carpets can be ordered!?!?! I'm so looking forward to that...

Still so much to do and yet I'm sure we'll get most of it done before babe's arrival...

BABYLOVE I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fab, looks really nice xxx
Freya will love it xxxxxxxxxx

Morning All...

Doesn't look as though todays weather is gonna be too bad. DS went to my parents again last night, that's it for almost 3 weeks... He was I love you but I'm going to miss you, aw bless; he'll be fine... We won't get a 2nd look in once he's there. He's funny, he was sat yesterday evening, with his hand on my bump feeling baby move and kick about, he kept trying to push back (little sod) as he wanted babe to kick some more, needless to say it worked...

I will miss him, but at least hopefully we will be able to get the house nearly finished, if not finished... High hopes & optimism (sp?) but hey it's a target... Dog has gone back to bed, I could just follow him, OH is still at work; seems a little strange being home alone again... I've had someone here for the past 3 weeks, guess I'll have to get use to it again...

Have a lovely day all, hopefully; it won't be too hot today xxxx

Morning all

Babylove I agree I adore that light shade

Eswift im sure your DS will have a great time. I'd better not tell OH about your DS pushing back on your tummy my OH might start trying it

Well i've had another night of nightmares and tossing and turning. Poor OH had to go sleep in another room as he said my breathing was really bad. As baby gets bigger my wheezy chest gets worse. I have asthma and even with inhalers I sound like a 60 a day smoker :rofl:

Not sure what to do with myself today. Need to pick up my prescription again as doctor can only prescribe 5 days of injections :saywhat: Then I might nip into the local town for a mooch.

Good morning!

I feel awfully chipper today! Don't know why, got a MW appointment at 2pm and she will be draining my blood again! Hope it's her doing it and not the student MW, I just know my MW can find my vein, I have had a bad exerince in the past at A&E! Must remeber HIP form!!

Aw such a lovely nursery baby.love :D - where did you get the changing mat from? We bought one but it is slightly too big for the changing table, that one looks shorter and seems ideal. I'm thinking of getting a shorter one and then we can use the other one when we visit my sister on a weekend. I never thought to measure the things! :rofl:

My OH started jiggiling my bump about the other day trying to play with LO, it just made me giggle as I am very tickalish (sp!) LO usually waits and then gives me a super kick when things have settled down - like they are ganging up on me!!

Hope all have a lovely day too :hugs:

Morning ladies,

baby.love - love the room its very cute and freya will love it. I started my nursery at the the weekend and I keep looking in it aswell thinking oh my god there is gonna be a baby in there soon !! :wacko:

Maffie- Hope your sleep and breathing gets a bit better soon .

I had a fab sleep last night thank god, my mam bought me the dream geni the other day so I was wrapped around that all night ! I have my first ante natal next wed and I am really looking forward to it ! Dont know what to expect though ! Only 7 more weeks and im on maternity ( well il still be doing 2 days per week for my boss) but I cant wait !

LInda xx

Hi sweeties,

Sorry not been able to come online after moving back to UK!

My mom, dad and sis were with me for a month and it was really a lovely time... we had been to Italy, Swiss and France on a long holiday and enjoyed (though I was a bit tired.. here n there! )

Hope everyone's doing good..... sorry will take a while to go through all the prev pages.... loads!!!!!

My parents n sis left back to India on monday.... so am left all alone at home. Feeling sad....... :(

Had been to the mid-wife last week... everything seems great!
given bloods for Hb and anti-bodies.

hmmm...... shopping side ..... bought a few pairs of clothes, pram, bedding, towels for the baby!

Am really feeling low right now... n wish I could chat with someone. Oxford is a new place .... and have no friends atm....... which is making ma life even miserable!!!!!!

Anyways.... u guys have a lovely day.... willc atch ya all a bit later.

Cheers,

Keerthy

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"