Official October Team Bumpkins

Am really feeling low right now... n wish I could chat with someone. Oxford is a new place .... and have no friends atm....... which is making ma life even miserable!

:hugs: You will I am sure make some new friends once you start going to antenatal classes. Maybe join a pregnancy yoga or swimming class as well, as that way you'll meet some other girls who are also preg. Hope you had a lovely holiday with your family in Europe - sounds fab:) xx

Keerthy - I'm sure it won't take you too long to find some friends... I bet it seems quite isolating at the moment with your family only just having gone back... After all that company I'd be lonely too...

Maffie - I hope your breathing improves, my asthma has taken a bit of a back seat this year (which makes a refreshing change, considering all the colds I've had...) Guess the proof will come soon as they start harvesting here soon...

Kte - Funny what men/boys find to do with the bumps... I keep sticking mine in OH's back when in bed, so babe warms up and starts kicking 7 bells out of OH for a change... Most fun when he's still asleep, he takes it for about 15mins before moving away (must admitte I find it so funny, it's hard not to burst out laughing!?!)

Lindak - I too am starting to look forward to my maternity leave... I think I've too have 6/7 weeks... It seems to be flying past at the moment...

I'm struggling with sleep during the night, and tend to have a nap in the afternoon... So can't seem to come fast enough...

I've started to watch bringing baby home/baby tales, beginining to think that it's not really a good idea. I guess as I'm so apprehensive it's just adding to my doubts... Although I guess when push comes to shove, I'll just have to get over myself...

Golly, I'm hungry again... So far I've had cornflakes, egg sannie... Hmmm that's not as bad as I thought, considering I've been up since 4.30, and it's 11.15 now... Wonder what there is to eat??? biscuits, probably better with some proper food...

morning all, hope everyones feeling ok today.

hope you meet some new friends soon keerthy x

Lol eswift! I might try that and see what OH does!

Hope your breathing improves Maffie :hugs:

:hugs: keerthy, hope you find some friends soon. Your holiday destinations sounded fab!

I'm looking forward to my leave but it's not for another 9 weeks! Argh!

For some reason I have become all spotty today :( Typical as meeting OH's cousins for the first time ever and I wanted to look nice! Blemish stick where are you?!?

Morning ladies...hmm wait its afternoon already! Went to my breastfeeding class this morning which was very informative but was a bit of a waste of time for me as I actually teach women how to breastfeed in SCBU! Advantage being that I managed to grab the midwife at the end and ask her advice about losing my plug and she basically said to take it easy, keep an eye on it and if I lose any more then I'm to go to delivery suite as it could be a sign that I'm going to have him sooner rather than later. Hopefully I wont get any more for a few weeks!

Keerthy - sorry to hear you are a bit sad hun. I hated it when I first moved here cos I was completely on my own. Made friends pretty quickly once I started getting out and about. Have PM'd you my number so feel free to give me a call and we could do coffee lol.

Feeling really very uncomfortable today. Only had to walk half a mile to the class but got those stupid period pains again and feel really exhausted. Just chilling out on the sofa waiting for the next lot of people to come view our house who are due any minute.

urgh, I had the crappest night's sleep last night. My sunburn was stinging, despite using a ton of aftersun & aloe vera gel & OH was snoring his heart out, and my sciatica (from pre-pregnancy sports injuries that just wont go away) is getting worse & worse as the days go on. I dont notice it so much during the day, but god, at night, when I try to move or turn over, I feel like someone is ripping my left butt cheek open from the inside with a knife, which sends shooting pains across my hip & down my left leg... Think I might have to go back to the doctor & if they say take painkillers, I will punch them with a fork in their butts & say, you take them & tell me what good they do you!!!
Sorry, rant over for the day!

2 weeks left at work before I take my annual leave, which leads straight into mat leave mid sept. I like my job, but man, I'm finding it really hard cope & people just expect me to do everything I always used to do & be bright & cheerful & busy & they moan when I yawn or if I ask for help lifting anything. I'm trying my best, but still, the younger ones just dont seemt o egt how much being pregnant can take it out of you. (half the people I work with are in their 30's-50's & the rest are all in late teens & very very early twenties. At 27, i feel a bit left out from either age group, lol. I got half of them telling me to sit down & leave the work & have a rest, then the other half saying what's your problem, get on with it like everyone else!)

Random Q- does anyone else here use a laptop? My LO keeps kicking the hell out of my netbook, lol. Not sure if it's the heat or the clicking he likes/dislikes, lol! Makes me smile. :)

Anyways, welcome back Keerthy & I hope you make some new friends soon near you.

Oooh, and there are some more girls due in october in the teen section thread that are having girls. I reckon we'll end up pretty even once all the yellows & missing peeps pop their LOs out. :) Also noticed a few new october due dates in the 3rd tri forum, bvut can't remember what they were having, lol.

Afternoon everyone

Just got back from the hospital for my consultant and scan appointment. They're checking my bile acids again for obstetric choleastatis (or something like that) cos they've gone from 3 on first result to 10 on second result a week later so she wants to check its not going up again.

Baby is now weighing 4lb and has put on 1lb since last scan 2 weeks ago, so they are also checking me for gestational diabetes :(

Morning Ladies...

I had a great sleep last night, but I've woke up with cold and a sore throat... So I just can't win, guess I need the sleep I can't get...

Oh well, no rest for the wicked...

Chaos - How you doing? Any better? I do hope so...

Dawn is starting to break later and later, boy does it make a difference... Suppose it doesn't seem so early when the sun is awake, but when it's still dark, I think I should still be zzzzzing away...

Have a great day all, we're off to solicitors again today; what fun. It'll be interesting today as OH will be shattered so isn't going to be in the mood for going round the houses. He's not due in from work until 10/10.30 and we're at solicitors for 2.30; we need to go as we've put it off for almost a month...

Morning all well I didnt feel tired till about 3am but boy am I feeling it now! Been a little sick this morning but I think thats down to being tired. Will have to retry breakfast later.

I went shopping yesterday afternoon and bout some more bits, got maternity pads, sheet things and breast pads. So I think thats all I needed for my stuff for hospital. I also got a nice pramsuit and some more clothes (didnt need the clothes but couldn't resist)
Also bought a dreamgenii and wow I love it. I slept on the sofa last night and I felt so snug with it wrapped around me. Less bulky than my other support cushion. i can see this is going to get lots of use.

Eswift I hope the solicitors goes ok for you

Flora I sometimes use a netbook and baby kicks it. Ive had a spare pc popped in the lounge for now so im more comfortable.

Jo-79 dont worry about the scans they can only estimate the baby's weight i've read alot of people on here say they were told to expect 10lb babies and they end up with a 7lber..

Chaos hope you are feeling ok hun :hugs:

Keerthy :hugs: hope you settle into your new home soon. I dont know many people in Manchester and t can be quite isolating at times.

Oh also forgot OH's wife started again yesterday, sending him textxs insulting him and myself. Apparently he wouldn't have so many debts if I wasn't so high maintenance and if I hadn't got pregnant.

Hmmm wouldn't have so many debts if she wasn't being such a cow :hissy:

Morning girlies x

God last night was terrible, i was so hot and uncomfy and found it so hard to sleep :( to top it all off my DS asked for medicene at 2am!! not that he needed any the little monkey.

Eswift good luck today hun.

Well ladies i am off for a coffee :blush: gotta do something to try and wake up as i look like an extra from a zombie film. Catch you all later xxx

Morning all :flower:

Maffie - :hugs:

Eswift - hope everything goes well at solictors :)

Midwife appointment went well yesterday, although baby is (or was) in breech position. I say was as I tried to lie on my left side practially all night last night to give LO some space to move. Don't think it's worked though. I ache all over, I hate having to restict my sleeping position, sleep was painful. I thought there would be pleanty of time to get LO to move so it surprised me little when MW was telling me how to get them to move. :wacko:

Have to go to GP's on Friday now as well as she couldn't get any blood - I knew my veins would be awkward!

:happydance: Sent HIP grant in the post today :happydance:

Morning girlies x

God last night was terrible, i was so hot and uncomfy and found it so hard to sleep :( to top it all off my DS asked for medicene at 2am!! not that he needed any the little monkey.

Eswift good luck today hun.

Well ladies i am off for a coffee :blush: gotta do something to try and wake up as i look like an extra from a zombie film. Catch you all later xxx

Ohh Baby.love.. it was the same with me. I couldn't sleep even with ma preg pilow.... ma bump was in inbetween...... loads of kicks n wriggling yday!!!!! hitting hard on my bladder and had to run to the looo 4 times last night....

It was horrible.... :cry:

Ohh just woke up and had some breakfast!!!!! will try to sleep this afternoon atleast!!!!!

Hows everyone else doing?

How many blankets have people bought for pram/moses basket. I got 4 yesterday but unsure how many to get.

How many blankets have people bought for pram/moses basket. I got 4 yesterday but unsure how many to get.

None ;-) I love it that everyone keeps giving us their old baby stuff, but we really, really, really don't need any more blankets! xx

I think we have about 10, we bought a few and the rest were given to us by various people.

I'm thinking about using one of those baby sleeping bags more thought than a blanket in the moses basket /cot.

Morning Ladies again...

Maffie - I've a feeling that OH ex is going to be one big pain in the rear for quite sometime, seems as if she's trying to get some sort of reaction from either of you. I hope you and OH don't let her become a thorn in you side. Try not to react to her, that was one of the fastest ways that OH ex stopped trying to be a pest, he stopped reacting to her, her whims and raising to her remarks (not sure if she was trying to seperate us or what. Since we've been married she stopped with the causing problems) Hehehe talking about marriage, it's about a month till our 3rd anniversary!?!? Wonder if OH will surprise me???

Thanks girls for wishing us luck for today, I guess that I just have to try to keep my cool, and try to understand what on earth the solicitor is talking about lol... I always come out of there feeling so confused...

OH is zzzing away upstairs, don't think I'm going to be too far behind him on the sofa...

As far as blankets, I've a few lol... Mum's knitted 1 or 2, Nanna made one and I've brought sheets... Crocheted 1 and a cot bed blanket too (that took some wool but looks fantastic, really pleased with it. It's massive...) So all in all I probably have a pile of about 10 of them (including the sheets) but I'm planning on using a carrycot on the pram over winter so I'm not too worried if I've too many... I also have brought 1 growbag thing and a moses toes thing that's very similar to one of those sleeping bag things...

Guess that goes with my fettish for nappies too...

Morning Ladies,

Maffie - :hugs:

eswift- good luck tday

Had another ok nights sleep thank god. nothing major to note for me. I dont seem to be waking during the night at the moment to pee which is a little strange because his head is down ! Im not complaining though. Really looking forward to my ante natal class next wed. I have also ordered a book I seen someone recommended on BNB on some thread called chilbirth without fear. I have read some reviews on it also and its highly recommended . I got it on amazon for €9 so maybe some of you ladies may be interested and its quite cheap.

I think the ex is trying to get us to rise to it all. I think so far i've been called fat, high maintenace, that I have an unwanted child. We've been called fing idiots for having a child, she even said oh hoping for a non disabled child are you. I've never risen to her which I think makes her worse. She started sticking her head in the car if I was there, then she walked into our hour last week. I wasn't impressed but I just carried on as if she wasn't there.

On a brigther note I have just got my hospital bag ordered. I bought a cabin suitcase because I fell in love with it :cloud9:

https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g110/maffiebabe/prodzoomimg123375.jpg

Afternoon ladies. Had to get up ridiculously early this morning so that I could come to work with OH as I have pilates this afternoon, which is about 10 mins down the road from his work and I need the car. Got into bed in his little flat at work at 6.45am and slept til 9am when he came up and told me to get up lol. Looking forward to doing some gentle exercise this afternoon. Little bit nervous though cos I've never done pilates before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->