Official October Team Bumpkins

im really finding it hard to sleep all night too for the last few nights :( cant wait til i finish work then i can sleep in later or have a snooze later in the day.

maffie- my chemist never has enough of one type of tablet i take as its too expensive to keep them in, so i usually ring them(if i remember!) and let them know i will be bringing a prescription in in a couple of days if they could order some ready.

the midwife told us at ante natal class last week that you should pack your hospital bag at around 34-36 weeks. i havent even thought about it yet!!!!

My pharmacy have been angels. They are doing a special order of my injections to get them in, its the dragon receptionist at the doctors thats the stumbling block. As even if I get pharmacy to get my meds in she keeps refusing to do the prescription till I run out and then says it taes 2 days to write the prescription.

Mornin' Girls,

Work count down ~ 2 days! :happydance:

The mummy meet went well. There were a few newborns there. One of the birth stories was so crazy. Her last labour was 2.5 hours, so she thought that this labour might be quick, but no quicker than that. Well anywho she started getting some pains (She was having a home birth) .. gave the midwife a call and they were going to come check her. She went to use the bathroom and saw some blood and knew this meant transition .. then she got the urge to push!! She felt the head coming down, shouted for her husband and told him the baby was coming and to catch up! The husband was all "what?!" Well out the baby popped on the toilet caught by Dad!!!! Time between first contraction and birth? 39 minutes!!!! :shock: He's 3 weeks old now and SO adorable. I hope my labour is 39 minutes haha.

Re sleep ~ I've given up being pissed off by not sleeping. I'm up every couple of hours and then get up at 6am. I've come to the conclusion this is just the way its gonna be and its my body getting me ready for no sleep haha. I just nap when my body wants it.

Random question
~ Kinda gross, but has anyone been getting really watery discharge? Like my knickers are constantly wet the last couple days. Its driving me insane. I've been reading on various forums and it seems a pretty universal occurrence after 30 weeks as your body gets ready to prepare for birth.

Helz ~ Re weight, I started at 157 and am now at my last OB app, 192, so have put on 2.5 stone. I'm grateful its all in my bump and boobs though.

TaylorsMummy ~ I had a headache also last night, I ended up taking a painkiller for it. Ah pregnancy joys!

Maffie ~ Re anemia .. here are some of the symptoms (Taken from https://www.healthsystem.virginia.edu/uvahealth/peds_hrpregnant/aip.cfm )

• pale skin, lips, nails, palms of hands, or underside of the eyelids
  • fatigue
  • vertigo or dizziness
  • labored breathing
  • rapid heartbeat (tachycardia)
I enjoy getting up early also, when the house is nice a quiet. A bit of me time!
I've not been getting backache when trying to sleep, but I do get a lot of pressure down there that wakes me up because its painful. I can only assume where I've laid down and am relaxed it lets her drop down more and put pressure down there.

MrsO29 ~ Great pram! Happy 30 weeks!!! :) I love it first thing in the morning cause Autumn is always low and I can breath!

Mer01 ~ Yes, I had those crampy things last week and the OB said its where the baby is getting lower and putting pressure on everything.

CraftyMum ~ Oh my first dinner would be a big ol steak and baked spud. Sorry you're having such a rough time of it. Not long to go now, you're on the home stretch :) :hugs:

Lindak ~ Date changed!

Aimee ~ Jeremy Kyle does my head in. He thinks he's something special. He annoys me as much as Steve Wilkos show over here lol (Jerry Springers old body gaurd)

Snowy ~ Hope you have a better day today.

Ok off to get ready for work. Have a great day girls.

Afternoon ladies,

enjoyed my swim, but i feel like i could sleep all day now :wacko:. I have to take liam this afternoon, swimming is free for under 16s here :happydance:

chaos- yes i have the watery discharge too, kinda like you wet your pants right? :blush:

:hugs:

:shock: That is fast!!

I have not experienced that but I'm not quite 30 weeks yet (soon!) so it's something I will keep an eye out for.

Glad the mummy meet went well :D

Maffie - I had issues with the stroppy receptionist at our surgery too over sick notes... LOL She wouldn't let me pre-book appointment to see Dr, so took the appointment that she would let me have. Which was on the Tuesday, not the Friday; saw Dr, he couldn't do what I wanted as I was there too early, explained that I knew that and told the Dr about the issues with the receptionist. He said please wait here, went out the office; and was heard through the surgery having a go at the receptionist... Not had any problems since... Only reason I did it was it's regularly an issue with the same woman, she once argued with me about when the final date I could have my contraception Jab, I was right, she was wrong... Had to wait another month, have pregnancy test etc before I could have my Jab... Nurse was livid as I had never missed my appointment in over 4 years... Must be a essential must have when applying to be Dr receptionist...

Hope you get it sorted... My MIL has issues with the phamacist in the surgery ordering her meds in, even when she handed the pescription in early; there's always the same one missing which she ends up going backwards and forwards for all week... Last week MIL was so angry, when she'd had to walk back to the surgery as the item was yet again missing. She gave a mouthful to the Gentleman behind the counter at the time, only for it to be a Dr. He assured her that he understood her concerns and would deal with the matter himself, and the item would be in tomorrow for her... LOL She was so happy when she went back and the items were there...

Could be worth a try, Maffie?

Oooh, I just got back from tesco's; got slippers for £3! And 3 x 9oz Back To Nature Bottles for £5.49!?!? What a bargain! Well pleased... Might be worth a look, I know I'm planning on breast feeding, but also will be expressing too.

Chaos - I too have lots of watery discharge, urgh. At least hopefully it'll all be over soon, so will the yucky bits too, and we'll all be showing off our baby pics... Not too much longer now...

Hiya all :kiss:

Hey Linda- QUE JUMPER!! lol xx
Aimee- lovely bump pic! I got my HIP money within a week,like others did. Happy 30 weeks for tommorow incase I don't get chance to pop in then as Im working tommorow.

:hugs: to all the bumpkins having trouble sleeping xxx

Thanks eswift The whole practise is like some back alley service to be honest. We have one doctor who told me to just eat biscuits till my sickness goes. :rofl: 22 weeks of that didnt help!!!

Thats a bargain on the bottles. I got some in with my steriliser and got a pack of 4 bottles from TKMaxx.

Now hunting down a rocker/bouncer etc.

Not looking forward to the discharge that sounds well gross :lol:

Chaos - Thanks for doing that for me your a star .. I also am getting the discharge thing is driving me crazy !

Helz - LOL .... :blush: Im glad I knocked a week off though.

xxx

Hi Ladies,

Wow you do alot of talking here! I've only managed to read back a few pages hehe!

Well bit of an introduction, my name is Megan, i'm 20 years old and live with my parents and my boyfriend Matt in Cheshire... we're expecting our first baby, a little boy on the 23rd October!

I'm excited/nervous, can't wait to meet my little man but i'm scared about how I will cope with a tiny baby, labour etc...joined here so hopefully my mind will be put at rest as everyone else is going through the same thing?

Have been reading around the site and everyone seems lovely!

Can't wait to join in with your little chats :) Hope your all well!

Meg
x

I got my rocker/bouncer from a carboot, it cost me £3. Washed all the covers etc it's fantastic...

I think we've got most things for the babe, waiting for something to raise it head, as I've feeling there's got to be something we've forgotten or missed... I really can't say what it is likely to be...

My 1st labour was 36 mins, I'm still not sure what a contraction feels like. I only went to hospital as everyone was getting on my nerves, no pains and in all honesty all I can remember about the labour itself is a pain in my hip, which I'm sure is what DS used to turn himself around on as he was back to back and then I was ready to push, they broke my waters; and DS was there... No pain killers... No time for a birthing plan...

OH keeps trying to reassure me we'll be fine, he sorted out with the agency that he may need some time off short notice; as he so wants to be there... Then in the same breath keeps saying we'll be turning up at the hospital, as he has babe in his hand, telling him we found this in the footwell on the way through... Can I borrow a shovel to clear the rest of the stuff up? He's horrid... Is there any wonder I have concerns, nerves and doubts??? The other issue I have about the labour is if I go into labour whilst he's at work, he's got very little chance of getting back for the birth as he could be in Scotland/Manchester or even Preston...

Mum explained that she thought labour was like trying to push presents out of toe end of a stocking... I really can't tell you what I think labour is, I still have mixed feelings about being pregnant... lol... But I'm not leaving it another 10 years before having another child though...

Oh to be one of those women that sail through the pregnancy looking so wonderful and glowing, rather than feeling urgh, suffering heartburn, sickness, being shattered etc... But if the next labour is like the last I'll be pleased...

:wave: Hello & Welcome Meg - it's nice to have another member in Team Bumpkin :D

I got a bouncer from ebay, in the end it cost about £16 with P&P which I didn't think was too bad, especially since it has to be neutral being on team yellow! Do see loads at the car boots though. We were given one as well and that is one of those swing chairs that needs batteries.

Labour - don't have a clue what it will be like as everyone keeps saying its different. I don't have a birthing plan except get to the hospital! Im trying to keep an open mind about all the rest! lol So long as OH is with me I will be happy and will be looking forward to meeting the LO!

This afternoon at work is going sooooo slowly :dohh:

:thumbup: Hi maggiemoo88. Im due the same date ! not long left for all us bumpkins !!

great that you have jumped a week linda, brings it that much nearer :) cant believe in 8 weeks our lives will never be the same again!!!!! bring it on!!! x

Thanks H702 I am over the moon that I have moved on a week ! these last weeks feel like they will never come but when I look back I realise my pregnancy actually went quite quickly. I am just so ready to meet him now and so ready to get my body back and have an alcoholic drink !!!

well...

had scan this morning at 8.45, Dexter James weighs 5lb6oz at 32weeks. Went to see consultant after, waited for an hour and first off seen a midwife,then a doctor, then a consultant.
The consultant says dexter is growing too big too quickly. He said the way hes growing he will be nearly 10lb full term .

I need to be monitered majorly now, Have got a scan to cheek placenter and blood flow at 36weeks, As Dr wood said that because he growing quickly the placenter could stop working at any time! so i have to ring asap if his movemnets slow/stop. Then from 36weeks i have to go in 2x a week to be monitered, and at 38-39 weeks i might be gettting induced if im viable [sp].
Thing is DP is applying for a job this week, if he gets it i have no idea how im supposed to get to hospital 2ce a week! and no idea who will have DD! what to do?!

Would prefer to be induced tbh then go over due and risk placenter stop working even more.

But yeah just thought id let you know how it went

OMG Aimee i just saw it ..!

Sorry i have been awol today girls, i am just so flipping tired its stooopid! i am getting really bad restless legs at night and finding it hard to get comfy.. thank god for my fan though as without that i wouldnt sleep at all.. x

I know its crazy. Hopefully her and baby get home soon !

Thanks Chaos....we're officially all starting to become Mummies!! :thumbup::happydance:

Congratulations Hopedance and hope Samuel is home soon xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->