Official October Team Bumpkins

i hope they dont do internals until the end!!! would hate to just have one sprung on me!!

well im off home now to tidy and clean ready for my baby shower tomorrow :) getting bit nervous about it now, i hate being centre of attention. never mind im sure it'll be fun :)

have a nice weekend everyone, and hope everyones ok xx

Hey girls,

How are we all - haven't been on for a while. Been feeling really lethargic, think due to low iron levels. Anyone else had this? Any top tips? Had blood tests today so hopefully see if it is the iron or not.

Can't wait for the 30 wk milestone next week!

H702 - I had a baby shower with my first daughter it was excellent fun, so enjoy!

Why do the older generation have no tact? I saw a neighbour today and she said' When are you due?' I said end of October. She replied 'My God you're not very big are you?' Despite the fact I am measuring big. Then she asked what am I having. I said a girl. She replied 'Oh well, never mind as long as it's healthy!' How rude!!!

Well, hope your'e doing okay ;-)

Why do the older generation have no tact? I saw a neighbour today and she said' When are you due?' I said end of October. She replied 'My God you're not very big are you?' Despite the fact I am measuring big. Then she asked what am I having. I said a girl. She replied 'Oh well, never mind as long as it's healthy!' How rude!!!

Well, hope your'e doing okay ;-)

Grrrghhh!!!! that was RUDE!!!!!! I just can't stand such people :grr: !!!!!

They dont tend to do them now cause of the risk of infection only tend to do if your having contractions etc.
Phew!

I brought some of them new denim legginngs that look like jeans they are so comfy better than wearing maternity jeans :thumbup:
Sounds good - I am beginning to hate my maternity jeans, I was just walking around town and had my hands full and the bloomin' things kept creaping down. The elastic bits are on as tight as they can go. I feel so stupid, I can't fit into noral jeans but I think I will need to get my belt out again for these ones!

I have seen a great pair of joggers in Peacock's for £6, they have loads of sizes and you can tie them at the top so I think I will get some to come out of hospital with.

anyone buyng there lil uns a halloween outfit/sleepsuit? =]
I was undecided on this, I kind of do, but don't think they will do an outfit in the right size, maybe closer to October I will see something. Also, LO is due on 24th and its just my luck they will be supa late so there will be no point!

i agree- I hate it when people feel the need to comment on bump size, sex, choice of names etc. Everyone at my work keeps patting me on my bump, going 'Gosh, you've really gotten big in the last week.' It makes me feel aliike a fat cow, even thogh I am & always have measured spot on for my dates & have a baby inside me that keeps being described as 'on the normal line' for everything too. And I'm so hungry at work, but when they make comments like that, I feel like I can't snack or anything in case they think I'm being over greedy & stuff. Gits!
Still, better thanh my sister's comments- "Is your baby growing in your bump oir in your butt? you look like a big 's' when you stand up!" and my OH who now calls me Porky McFatty.
The joys of pregnancy I guess- makes other people act like idiots.

On a good note, my cotbed just got delievered!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gonna spend sunday & monday dressing the bed, doing the moses basket & might even get round to packing my hospital bag. All I have left to buy is a chest of drawers & then I can put my mountain of boys clothes away, rather than in bags labelled 0-3, 3-6 etc etc. I reckon within the next 10 days I should have the nursery completely done, which I';m so excited about!!!! :happydance: My OH is all excited too coz he can't wait to start fiddling with 'boys toys' like his drill & leave all the girly crap like making up the cot to me, lol.

Anyway, better go to work now or I'll be late! Roll on wednesday, then no more work til April!

Hey girls,

Part of me is glad that I am on team yellow for that very reason as I have heard about so many people having such nasty comments like that - it's horrible :hugs: Its the last thing I would think of saying, why do they think its appropriate?!?

i agree- I hate it when people feel the need to comment on bump size, sex, choice of names etc. Everyone at my work keeps patting me on my bump, going 'Gosh, you've really gotten big in the last week.' It makes me feel aliike a fat cow, even thogh I am & always have measured spot on for my dates & have a baby inside me that keeps being described as 'on the normal line' for everything too. And I'm so hungry at work, but when they make comments like that, I feel like I can't snack or anything in case they think I'm being over greedy & stuff. Gits!
Still, better thanh my sister's comments- "Is your baby growing in your bump oir in your butt? you look like a big 's' when you stand up!" and my OH who now calls me Porky McFatty.
The joys of pregnancy I guess- makes other people act like idiots.

I get this too, people at work say 'evey time I see you your eating' - cheers people, the bump not give it away?!? I don't eat all the time, usually at 10, lunch at 12 and then something again at 3. But I can't help it anyway, I feel like I would pass out if I didn't eat!

My other half also think's its funny to call me fat in jest as well.

Hi folks, I just wondered has anyone else been suffering from diarrhoea? The last few days I have had a couple of bouts but only in the morning so don't think it's a bug. Was on an early shift today and had to run to the loo twice so ended up getting sent home as work on elderly ward. Feel like a fraud as now feel ok.
xx

Grr why do drs feel the need to stress the crap out of you? Phoned for my blood results and was told I needed to make an appointment so went down there at 4pm....to find out that they hadnt taken into account that I was pregnant when reviewing the results and so all the 'abnormal' results are perfectly acceptable for a pregnant woman!! FFS!!! I've now had 5 or 6 braxton hicks in the last hour cos I had to walk down there and back. So much for my taking it easy eh?

Hiya girls

All went ok at the Dr, no chest infection but my asthma is a little worse than normal, so she has given me a new steroid inhaler :(
When i was in the waiting room some old lady said to me " you look ready to pop" so i replied "well i still have 8 weeks till she is born so i hope you are ready to catch" Her face was an absolute picture :lol: The cheeky woman then went on to say how big i am carrying!! Well HELLO i am 31 weeks pregnant lovey! Just because she is elderly doesnt give her a free pass to be bloody rude to me IMO!

Not heard anymore from Mer01 since the last update so hoping all is still ok and that she is home soon.. It certainly seems October babies are impatient.

Right i am off to see if there are any updates on my friend who went into labour this morning.. TTFN xxx

Littlekitten- EXACTLY the same thing happened to me a while ago!! It really pisses u off doesn't it. And the same thing has just happened yet again..Ive had a letter from the doctors asking me to make an appointment to dissuss my recent blood test results. And they wonder why Im not going to bother!!?

Just wondering is anybody taking there mobile in hospital with them? Ive just been reading on hospitals website that cannot take anything electrical so that means no charger :cry: and fob is hopeless so couldnt expect him to charge fone bring it back. Also was planning on taking my own electric breast pump but looks like i cant, im thinking shall i be naughty and use them on the sly???

Just wondering is anybody taking there mobile in hospital with them? Ive just been reading on hospitals website that cannot take anything electrical so that means no charger :cry: and fob is hopeless so couldnt expect him to charge fone bring it back. Also was planning on taking my own electric breast pump but looks like i cant, im thinking shall i be naughty and use them on the sly???

I just took mine and charged it during the night.. no one noticed lol i couldnt be in hospital without my phone! lol

xx

eh, they have free wireless internet in ours, I'll be taking my laptop also haha. Easiest way to update those back home in England :)

Yipee, finally got a silvercross pram liner - ebay special 17.00! :happydance:

I think I will be taking some change and a book of numbers - I don't really want to be there too long but it's just in case so I can contact OH. He just go a new number so it will take me months to remember it lol! Its on the way out my phone at the moment anyway, keypad is all sticky, so I won't really miss it.

Iv been into town today, walking around and getting really sharp pains down one side of bump [bit like a stitch but not iynwim] And they kept coming and going every 7-10mins. Any idea what it could be? was very painful and i had to "sway" with them. Im really worried about what consultant said about placenter stopping working. Also been gettin alot of pressure in me bum/mini moo

Urgh ive had a very uncomfortable afternoon. Had about 3 hours of braxton hicks every 10-20 mins. Led on the sofa for an hour and they seem to have settled down a bit now. Have only had 1 in the last hour. Glad they are settling down. Really didnt want to have to make another trip to the hospital! I'm so getting OH to have words with James when he gets home!

Evenin' Girls,

Well I'm officially done with work! :happydance:oh and 33 WEEKS!! :)

Today I did a bit of food shopping, and then came back and scrubbed the tiles in the kitchen/dining room. It takes a lot longer than it did 8 months ago haha. I think I might have over done it a bit cause I got a back ache now. Ah well.

I went to the Chiropractor today. He adjusted my wrists to help the CTS. It actually has made them feel a bit better. He advised to ice them at night.

Not much planned for this weekend. My boss wants to take me and my hubby out for dinner. He does a lot of IT related stuff for them for free and I think its to say thank you.

Eswift ~ Glad the morning sickness has eased some. Glad you're enjoying the book :)

Babylove ~ Ack I hate being woken up by acid reflux. Thanks for the update on Mer.

Jlo ~ The cord was right in front of Autumns face at the last 4D scan also. You can see it down by her chin in my avatar. The lady had to snap pics when it floated downwards lol.

LK ~ Wow I wish I could sleep till 1030! I'm wide awake at 6am. I'm one of those people who can't just lay there, I get really restless and a headache.

Mer ~ Hope you get to come home soon :hugs:

Mumof4 ~ Sorry to hear about the bed rest, you need to listen to them! Don't want any more preemie bumpkins!

TaylorsMum ~ You aint massive. Looks like a nice neat bump to me.

Amandas ~ Sorry to hear about the GD. Look on the bright side tho .. you only have a couple of months of it ... I know its hard now, but the end result is so going to be with it :) :hugs:

Re stretch marks ~ None yet on my belly! (32 inches to 46!) My boobs are smothered in them tho lol.

Shell/Dom
~ Welcome back to the thread! :)

Okie girls I need to go sit down for a bit. Have a great evening!

Right I'm off to Delivery Suite girlies. Phoned the midwife when OH got home from work cos still having these BH's. They didnt even hesitate in telling me I have to come in and bring a bag. So will update you as soon as I can.

Right I'm off to Delivery Suite girlies. Phoned the midwife when OH got home from work cos still having these BH's. They didnt even hesitate in telling me I have to come in and bring a bag. So will update you as soon as I can.

:hugs::hugs:

Thought I'd pop my 33 week bump on here. Its popped out and down for sure.

33 Weeks
https://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/ChaoticOtter/Forum%20uploads/33Weeks.jpg

https://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/ChaoticOtter/Forum%20uploads/33Weeksside.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->