Official October Team Bumpkins

Afternoon all,

The sun is shining, it's soooo nice outside, shame I am stuck in this office!

The silvercross pram liner arrived today from the postie, it only cost us £16.85 in the end (instead of £40) - you got to love ebay bargains!! :happydance: Just needs a wash now and I can set up the pram :D

Had a health and safety review at work today due to being pregnant, that's it for them now until I retun to work after LO is born. Only have about 9 weeks of work left then that's it - yipee!

Sam - nuresery looks lovely :thumbup:

baby.love - congrat's on 32 weeks :hugs:

Chaos - really like the scrap book! :D
:shock: Pleeeease don't say its true that I will need an even bigger bra?!? I am not looking forward to 'F' sixe that's for sure. I hate looking in my draw and seeing all my nice bra's that are now far to small for me. All my nursing ones just look like dowdy sports bras; :shrug: oh well another excuse to go shop, just wish they weren't so expenisve!

LittleKitten - I was also told that when I laid down or slept to try and keep on my left side too. Having said that I dunno if LO has moved since my last MW appointment so I will know more next week! Hope little James moves positions for you :flower:

Afternoon girls and bumps:hugs:

Seen midwife today and baby has turned, no longer breech:happydance:

So he basically kept me awake all Monday night trying to shift himself into head down, took hours so must have been a tight squeeze!!!!

The weather is really muggy here today, have managed to do 4 loads of washing, dust, hoover and mop kitchen floor am shattered now!!!

Oh and ordered another buggy too:blush: - we have booked a holiday abroad for when lo will be 7 months and didnt want to take my big pram so have bought, after careful consideration, a Petite Star Zia, similar to Quinny Zapp but will recline and has a basket, plus you can take it as hand luggage it folds up that small:happydance: got it online for £99 including footmuff, parasol and free carriage so well happy with that.....mmm just need the baby to go in it now, lol!!!

Have a good rest of day x

jlosomerset - thats fab news.

kte - I always sleep on my left side anyway cos he hates it if I lay on my right and just pokes me til I get fed up and move.

Its so so hot here today! Just don't know what to do with myself. Have done 2 loads of washing, put away the washing from yesterday and sat and written my birth plan.

Afternoon all, well not fancied a nap today as too agitated. So i've cleaned the stair carpets, washed all the skirting boards and bannisters, hoovered and washed woodwork in hall and blitz the lounge. I cant believe the crumbs that had accumulated under the sofa cushions.

I cant pull the sofa back in place now so lounge looks funny :dohh:

I'm trying to decide whether to buy a Fisher-Price Precious Planet Cradle Swing as there is £40 off and I really like it. Bit extravagant at £85 but I reallyu really like it and feel a shopping spree may cheer me up!

I always try to lay on my left side too. Although baby punches lots when I do.

LK - I asked midwife today about birth plan and she said to be honest we are not really doing them anymore:shrug: when I had my other 2 they were really up on doing them and used to check to make sure you had, she said that most of them go out the window anyway - perhaps she just doesnt like them herself I dont know.

Maffie, can you come round and do some of my cleaning please:hugs:

Ooh Maffie:hugs:

Think its a week for oh's been a pain in the backside, we had a huge falling out at car boot on Sunday (we were doing a car boot) I left him there and walked 2.5 miles home in the mid day heat!!!

Got home to a message from my friend that she had kicked out her oh after finding out he was cheating with her mate!!! The wedding had all been booked for next year too!!!

I did tell oh to pack his bags on Sunday but he is still here!!!

We are all here for you if you need to let off steam hun x x

Not sticking up for the male species at all here but I do think they go through weird phases when we are pregnant, my ex was exactly the same when I was pregnant with DS1 and we did seperate for a time.

It almost feels at times that they have to do a bit of reliving their youth and they regress back to when they lived at home, or thats certainly been my experiences anyway.

Really dont think they appreciate how hard it is for us sometimes.

:hugs: x

:hugs:Oh Maffie :hugs: ~ After everything you've been through just recently with babe and OH ex I'm sure you must be feeling the pressure... OH probably just hasn't seen how strained everything has become... Sometimes they need things spelling out rather loud and slowly too... You have done so much cleaning, you really must take some you time. I know nesting is a hard instinct to fight.. In all honesty you probably would rather be doing something other than brewing on what's niggling you... How about taking some you time? instead? :shrug: Just a suggestion...:flower:

I'm beginning to get fed up of my own company, I've been cleaning, pottering zzzing till my hearts content, I've had the company of a friends daughter most of this week, but still fed up of being on my own... But I'm planning to book an appointment to get my hair done next week, I know I was whinging about being skint etc. I need to feel semi-human too... Rather than a fuzzy haired yeti who's as round as she is tall, is getting too much... At least I did colour it two weeks ago so I'm not too grey yet...

Anyway, best go check on tea; chicken casarole, yorkshire puds and mash... Smells lovely... mmmmm

I think i'm fed up of my own company too eswift. Might go see my folks if all goes well with the growth scan and consultant on monday.

I think that sounds like a good idea, it'd give you some company, space and you time... If your parents are like mine at least one if not both of them will want to spoil you, which would give you some pampering too... Plus it'd get you out of the house... I'm sure that everything will be fine on Monday, especially if you don't over do it between now and then... Fingers and toes crossed... I can't do my eyes I get so dizzy...

Tea was nice, apart from the yorkshire puds; my cooking is so out of practice they were flat... They're so disapointing when they're flat...

Good afternoon ladies and bumps, hope you are all well :hugs:

Managed to achieve two things today :thumbup:

After hearing at antenatal classes that everyone was so happy with the care they were receiving from their midwife, I thought it was in mine and my babys interest to change mine. Long story but just found my midwife very rude, unhelpful and dismissive, amongst other things. After quite a few phonecalls today, just had confirmation from another surgery who are willing to take me on, and am going in tomorrow to meet my new doctor and midwife. It is such a great relief! :)

Plus found someone who is willing to be back up and take me to the hospital when the time comes should my OH not be able to get back from work in time!

So all in all a rather productive day. :happydance:

Hope you are all enjoying the sunshine apparently it won't last long!

hello all,

Maffie :hugs:

am @ ma friends place today @ Reading... its been really hott today! errr.... probably will stay here for a few days till weekend.

Didnt sleep well last night...... bump was tight and felt really hott!!!! and it took a while to adjust to the new bed @ their house.
LO - has been really active since yday...... gott real bad headache!!
Low energy levels today..... phewww!!!!

Hows everyone doing today?????

Hi bumpkins, hope everyones good, will get up to speed in a mo but Ive gotta get this off my chest NOW.
Firstly...30 weeks today :happydance::happydance::happydance:
Been out with hubby and ds today, we went to Xscape and they went tobogganing on the snow slope then we went for a sneaky buffet lunch at Pizza hut Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm pizza.
Then came back, did abit of baby blankets/towels washing then out again to my appointment with the nurse to try get the whole blood test problem sorted once and for all! Im fcking fuming!!! Turns out Ive been in need of iron tablets since June!!! This is my story,in short, of being messed around...

1. Came back from Florida in June with badly swollen ankles, saw nurse-she sent me for d-dimer blood test to rule out DVT.
2. 2 days later,recieve letter in post telling me to contact the surgery asap as my blood test showed me as d-dimer positive! Panic panic!!
3. In the end,was sent to hospital to be checked out fully and rule out a DVT, which luckily was ruled out,I was fine. But it emerged that the blood test I had done was totally pointless as pregnant women will always test positive for di-dimer wether they have DVT or not! So all that worry for nothing.
4. 2 weeks later,recieved another letter from doctors saying that on further inspection of my blood test they would like me to make appointment with a GP to disscuss it. Appointment made.
5. I went to appointment and when I walked in and told the doc I'd been asked to make the appointment to discuss my blood test results he said he didn't know why cos my bloods were fine so I'd had a wasted trip!!
6. 28weeks routine blood test by midwife done- got phonecall few days later from docs saying that results showed I need iron tablets so could I collect perscription and also they'd like me to have another blood test to check other iron levels.
7. I go to collect perscription for iron tablets- no perscription exists and no record of them phoning me to say I needed them!! Im really pissed off now. Receptionist makes me appointment with nurse to see whats going on.

So..went to see the nurse today and it turns out the doctor who turned me away telling me my bloods were ok was WRONG,:growlmad: I was low on iron back then and theyve been falling since. All this time Ive been feeling really tired and had no energy and finding breathing hard cos of that doctor!!:growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:
Ive had a shot of B12 to try boost me up quickly and she perscribed me enough iron tablets to see me through the rest of my pregnancy. Feel like making a complaint.

Helz - I would make a complaint. That is negligence from the GP! You poor thing. Hopefully you will start to feel better soon.

Helloooo ladies,

Hope everyone is well.

Had my 32 week app today with (another!) midwife. (Never seen the same one twice).
Anyway, she said the baby is burrowed right into my back and advised me to get a birthing ball in the next couple of weeks and start bouncing or I'm in for a long, hard labour:wacko:

And my OH has broken my laptop:growlmad: Am currently in the library getting my internet fix before it closes, I really don't know how I'll cope without it (sad I know), got so much I want to look for to get organised for hospital, final baby things etc.

Hope everyone is well, and I'm not offline for too long...

Bye

I never normally had a problem lying on the left, OH sleeps on that side of the bed and I usually snuggle into him but since I have been told to do it, it is the hardest thing and now my body just aches!

I am going to start going for a little walk in the park near my house after tea / before bed. It was so warm here I tried to put a skirt on and struggled to get it over the tops of my legs. Dunno if its becase it's so warm today or if the inevitable has happened and I have put on weight but it will not do!! I feel so unfit now so I guess it's better than nothing. OH said I could go joggin with him :shock: yeah right! A walk will do ta! It's more than I usually get at the mo!

Big :hugs: Maffie x :flower:

Congrat's on 30 weeks helz81 :D Think you should make a complaint, all the stress and messing about you have been through, not to mention the fact you have been low iron all this time! Hope the injection and tablets kick in and help you feel better soon :flower:

Kte - I was thinking I might go for a walk as well but theres not really anywhere to walk around here cept to the shop. Could do with going to the cashpoint to save me doing it in the morning so may take a wander down there.

Just ate the biggest bowl of tuna and sweetcorn pasta bake. Was soooo yummy. Couldn't even wait for it to cool down so burnt my tongue lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->