Official October Team Bumpkins

Thankfully looks like I cant have an epidural as they are risky with the meds i'm on. I wouldn;t want one. I remember when I had a lumber puncture done and I said after that no way was I having any needle stuck in my back again unless I was dying.

Just been to the doctors, my threat of reporting them to medical board for withholding prescriptions worked as ive been given lots of meds so thats me sorted for 3 weeks.

It's very hot and muggy here i'm soaked to the skin. Going to have to shower and change again at this rate.

Glad you got your meds sorted !

I think some women may feel like they are dying having a baby lol I just hope im not one of them !

Hi Ladies,

Maffie - :hugs: Sorry to hear you're stressed. I've missed all the details but try to remain calm. I know when I was under stress with work I got so many cramps etc, and that was early on. Please look after yourself and LO first. :hugs: I hope you feel better.

Linda - I am definitely avoiding the epi. I don't know why but I just think it sounds so brutal and I'm sure that with the combination of other things that are available it's perfectly do-able to avoid one. Obv if I really have to have one for a C-sec or such then I'm sure that I will have to grin and bear, but I've heard of so many people having natural births, I'm sure there's every way to avoid one.

I'm back from my MW appointment. Everything is great. BP is 102/64 so I'm still stupidly chilled! :thumbup: Baby is head down and measuring at 32 weeks.

I've also got to call the birth centre as the MW has said that I'm a perfect candidate, especially as I would like a water birth (Linda - with a water birth all you get is gas and air!). I'm going to call this afternoon as I will need a new booking in appointment and another set of bloods taking (yuck) but if it means that we can have the birth we want, I'll do anything! It's also closer to our house than York - everyone's a winner! :happydance: I'm so chuffed. The only thing that she flagged up was my colposcopy that I had in 2005....but I have been told by my GP that I shouldn't have had it in the first place so hopefully it will all be ok! Keep fingers crossed ladies!

I've also done a little bit of shopping seeing as the HIP money has arrived (hubby has just told me he's using it to pay his phone bill! :dohh:)....got this for £5!!!! It's so cute and perfect.....plus hubby likes cows!

Have a good rest of the day ladies...I'm off to make some early lunch! :coffee:

Hi girlies,

Again, sorry it's been so long since I posted. I've been a busy bee (was my final week of Uni last week!) and so I've been skimming through posts and not saying a lot :lol:

We've just finished our hypnobirthing course, and absolutely LOVED it. I am so excited about labour now! Really looking forward to it :) I'd recommend hypnobirthing to anyone, especially if you're feeling anxious about labour. I know the course isn't always an option, but it'd be worth even getting the book, and the CD too if you can (with the Rainbow Relaxation).

I'm off for another midwife appointment today, got a big question for her that I'm nervous about asking, but fingers crossed, eh? Don't want to say too much in case it all falls flat :lol:

*hugs* to everyone who's having a time of things just now.

Forgot to add pic.....:dohh:

Attachments

• !B(ezyGgBmk~$(KGrHgoOKiIEjlLmVkUiBKce3+LSC!~~_35.jpg
    !B(ezyGgBmk~$(KGrHgoOKiIEjlLmVkUiBKce3+LSC!~~_35.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 6
Morning all,

Its 'nice' and muggy here too. Did have the windows open but this Uni is like a building site over the summer and some nice workman has just closed the windows, which I suppose is good as there is this nasty solvent smell creeping into the office. Why can't they do it on a weekend?!?

aimee-lou - my HIP grant went in today too! Although we are in a similar situation money wise but it will still help us get a few last min things we need for the LO

:wave: welcome Stephysbump

lindak - I really really do not want an epidural and thankfully they are not offered at the hospital I am going to! Spines at the best of times make me cringe anyway so them attempting to stick a needle in mine is a huge no no - and the rest you mentioned has helped me feel even happier that I am not having one!

Maffie - :hugs: I missed your posts but kind get the gist :hugs: x Great news about your meds tho :flower:

Ok, best get on with some work, catch you all later x

Morning all, how are we all today? well im off work today, as im off to Babies r us for the last bits, getting exciting now! i finish work too next thurs, so it all seem to be coming around quickly!!!! Soon we will all be Mummys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Forgot to add pic.....:dohh:

Too cute! Where did you find that? OH works for Wiseman Dairies so we have few cow related items for LO!

Naughty hubby, I wanted the money to go on LO and a haircut for me but it some of it will have to go on car tax, needs must I guess, we eneded having two cars needing to be taxed at the same time! :dohh: But we need them to get to work to earn the pennies so it's all good in the end!!

Also, if I do end up having to have c-section then I guess I will have to put on a brave face! :wacko:

Hi Ladies

Maffie- try not to stress and relax today, im glad you got your meds sorted :hugs:
Aimee-lou-Glad you got your hip through what you going to buy with it?
All your pics of your nurserys are lovely im jealous as havent got room for Adi to have a nursery so he is in with me for now im hopeing to move though in dec to a bigger house.
I had a phone call this morning at 8am ive been booked in at new hospital and have 1st appointment there next fri :happydance: im so glad its all over and i know that if anything happens (touch wood it doesnt) i can go there without any problems.
Q's for you ladies if anybody knows whats the difference between spinal and epidual? Which one do you recovery quicker from? xx

Morning all,

lindak - I really really do not want an epidural and thankfully they are not offered at the hospital I am going to! Spines at the best of times make me cringe anyway so them attempting to stick a needle in mine is a huge no no - and the rest you mentioned has helped me feel even happier that I am not having one!

x

It has got me thinking aswell ! And I dont think it is an option for me now. But now my worry is that I cant deal with the pain! I really need to get a handle on my fear at the moment because I really dont want to freak out because I know that is going ot make the whole situation worse. I also think that there are so many women that do it without the epi so I am fit and healthy so I pray I am able to do it without epi and just use gas and air !

I think it's the fear of not knowing how bad the pain is that makes it worse for me. After an accident I had my whole knee reconstructed and I remember the agony I was in, after it happened and after all the surgeries and I think to myself that went on for weeks at intense pain with months at uncomfortable pain. I keep reminding myself that labour may bring intense pain but it wont go on for weeks and weeks. I think once we know what the pains are like we'll deal with them. Its the not knowing.

I think it's the fear of not knowing how bad the pain is that makes it worse for me. After an accident I had my whole knee reconstructed and I remember the agony I was in, after it happened and after all the surgeries and I think to myself that went on for weeks at intense pain with months at uncomfortable pain. I keep reminding myself that labour may bring intense pain but it wont go on for weeks and weeks. I think once we know what the pains are like we'll deal with them. Its the not knowing.

That is it in a nutshell its the not knowing. My friend said that if they could tell you how long it would go on for you could deal with it ... And she reckons the reason people have epi's is because they think ahead and not knowing how long they are gonna feel the pain for ! At the end of the day I just need to get my head around the fact that I have to do this there is no option and that every hour or so it goes on means I am nearer to meeting my little boy !

Ok difference between a spinal and an epidural. Spinal anaesthesia is an injection of local anaesthetic into the spine. Uses the same needle but the needle is then removed and the local works for a certain amount of time (usually 4-6 hours) and then wears off. Quick to recover from as obviously you then regain the feeling below where you were numb from the spinal.

Epidural - started off the same way as a spinal but a small catheter is left in the spinal space and a continuous trickle of local anaesthetic is pushed in by a little pump. This can be topped up if its not working well enough. Lasts as long as the epidural is used for. Usually left in for approx 24 hours after a caesarian and requires a catheter into the bladder to drain urine as you won't be able to pee. Once epidural catheter is removed takes roughly same time as spinal to wear off.

Hope that helps.

I've been told to expect 24 hours, hope for 6 hours and see what you get! :wacko:
Not much help I know but I'm a definite 'expect the worst' kind of girl.

Dont epi's make the labour longer as well? I just want to be as mobile as possible as I find moving helps me take mind off pain. I'd hate to be lying on a bed just willing the hours by.

It depends. Sometimes an epi can make the labour longer but sometimes it actually helps as the woman then relaxes and lets her body do the work. I don't want an epidural cos I reacted really badly to a lumbar puncture and don't want to risk the same reaction to this. Plus I want to be mobile for the labour to try and get him out quicker!

It depends. Sometimes an epi can make the labour longer but sometimes it actually helps as the woman then relaxes and lets her body do the work. I don't want an epidural cos I reacted really badly to a lumbar puncture and don't want to risk the same reaction to this. Plus I want to be mobile for the labour to try and get him out quicker!

It was having a lumber done that put me off. I had weird tingling in my legs and had to stay lying down for a day.

Thanks Littlekitten :hugs:
On my birth plan i put down spinal im unsure what i had last 2 times with dd's (oldest i had general), i have back problems due to an rta when i was younger and they have problems finding the space in my spine for the needle to go. I want to try be up and about as soon as i can as felt this helped me recover quicker last time.

I have scoliosis so they also have problems finding the space with me. When I had my LP they punctured the dura and so I couldnt sit up more than 10degrees for 2 weeks.

Ouch :wacko: & *cringe*!

I'm currently in the mind set of, yes there will be lots of pain but I have just got to get on with it!!

I am hopeing that my breathing and gas and air will surfice! Also I would rather be mobile if I can be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->