Official October Team Bumpkins

I want to be active and spend as much time in the water as possible. I'm also really reactive to painkillers like paracetamol etc (only take one for migraines etc) so I'm hoping that gas and air will be like heaven......my friend gave birth to an 11lb boy last year using only gas and air....granted she went through 3 canisters and her face went numb but she said it was ace!! :thumbup:

OMG I hate my world right now!!! I was just nearly finishing a long catch up post and closed the wrong tab and lost it all GRRRRR!!!

Ok, breath. Annnnnnnnnnd start again!

So my sister has got her A level results today and has got in to Uni! Very proud :)

Also ... 34 Weeks today!!!! It's going by SO fast now, it's scary to think that she could be here anytime in the next 6 weeks :shock:

Today I also have an OB check up at 4. I think it moved to weekly checkups after this.

Kte ~ Yup a whole size bigger! I went to get nursing bras yesterday but they didn't go big enough haha. I decided to wait and get them when my milk comes in and just got a couple of normal 10 dollar bras to last me till then.

Jlo ~ Yay for butt up babies! :)

LK ~ Thats funny cause Autumn LOVES my right side, its very rare she's on the left.

Maffie ~ I take it you've editied the ..... posts. I get the jist that the OH is being a penis face. Sorry :( :hugs: Tell him he needs to NOT be pissing off a message board of pregnant females!
Re no birthing partner, I think so, you'll have the support of the MWs and nurses :)

Snowy ~ Glad you could change Drs/MW's

Helz ~ Congrats on 30 weeks! :happydance: I would totally make a complaint btw, what arses.

Znwinnie ~ Ack, make him buy you a new one!

Stephysbump ~ Welcome to the thread!!

Lindak ~ You need to read the book I posted the other day about birthing and fears and how fears make it more painful and it gives you ways to help that etc, its such an excellent book .. I can't remember who on the thread ordered it now and they really liked it (prengnant brain!!!)

OK I gotta run, busy day! :hugs: to everyone!

Maffie - I have no idea whats causing them. Mentioned them to my GP who checked my clotting but it was fine. They just make me feel so rotten. Have a headache and pressure behind my eyes. Its finally stopped after 30 mins so now I feel a bit sicky from the blood going down my throat.

Sounds horrid LK. I find head and forehead massages good for pressure.

Chaos yeah he has drove me bonkers and beyond but we are trying to work on it. So might be able to sort it :shrug:

i really dont want an epidural, hoping gas and air and the injections will be enough. Saying that the hospital keep worrying me saying there is a higher chance i will need a c-section due to being induced and if that is the case i will have to have either that or more likely a spinal :( think its safe to take those raspberry teal leaf tablets things a day or two before im due to be induced? will be around 38 weeks ish ?

well im off to midwife soon so see you all tomorrow x

Chaos - Congrats on 34 weeks! :D & well done for your sis too, bet she is super happy :)

I think it was this book Hypnobirthing-Natural-Approach-Comfortable-Birthing I saved it in my Amazon wish list as I was thinking about getting it with my HIP money, I totally forgot! It's the one with the evil looking baby on the front right?!?

Coor you've all been really busy...

I've ordered a TENs Machine yesterday from ebay, (my sister is paying for it £35 including postage) I borrowed one off a friend all them years ago, found it a god send... I've no hesitation to use one again this time around. I was able to stay mobile during the entire birth and didn't really need/use any other pain relief.. I was reading that as long as you use it from the start it'll really help ease the contraction pains. I was terrified of having an epidural last time and even being older this time about I still don't want one... After the effect of the gas & air last time (It really dried my mouth out & I ended up drinking a full jug of water to try freshing my mouth up) I've already told OH I really don't want it even offered this time...

I've really found the Hypnobirthing book a really positive read... It's a mind over matter concept, having faith in your body to do what it naturally wants to do, seeing birth as a positive natural process rather than fearing the birth. Allowing you body to do what it should do at it's own pace. Breathing through the whole experience in controlled relaxed manner... I've enjoyed reading it...

I really don't think there is a wrong or right choice where birthing is concerned... It all about having having an open mind and doing what you feel needs to be done at the time... Each and every birth is different, as is each and every pregnancy and person... No one should tell you what to do to suit you... I do feel that having some faith in our own abilities will help...

Maffie ~ I hope you're having a good day...

Chaos ~ Not long now!?! I'm getting so ready to finish work too...

I have a TENS machine too. OH's mum bought one for his sister who had her baby on Thursday so she is buying new pads for it and giving it to me. Hoping to get away with just using this and gas and air. Anxiously waiting for the results of my growth scan on Tuesday to see if he is still transverse and whether he is growing properly cos this is the stage that I started to slow off with my growth. Also get to find out whether there really is a problem with his femur growth or whether it was the idiot sonographer.

iv had my eyebrows done.. ouchiiieeeeeeeeeeeee

just painted my nails bright blue lol looking forward to tomorrow but dreading it too lol

im having an epidural :blush: hopefully.

Had a 5day labour with DD, so glad i had the epi in the end, and things went wrong at pushing stage so im just grateful i couldnt feel anything :haha: lol.

This time i want to stay at home for as long as i can manage and then go hospital for my epi :thumbup: , but im probs going to be induced early :happydance:

I think it was this book Hypnobirthing-Natural-Approach-Comfortable-Birthing I saved it in my Amazon wish list as I was thinking about getting it with my HIP money, I totally forgot! It's the one with the evil looking baby on the front right?!?

Yes that's it! Evil baby hahaha. I swear, that picture just freaks me out, its the eyes!!!

I've really found the Hypnobirthing book a really positive read... It's a mind over matter concept, having faith in your body to do what it naturally wants to do, seeing birth as a positive natural process rather than fearing the birth. Allowing you body to do what it should do at it's own pace. Breathing through the whole experience in controlled relaxed manner... I've enjoyed reading it...

Yep, I love it also. It is really common sense, but until someone spells it out to you, you don't get that "AH HA!" moment. It's making me feel really positive about the birth :)

LK were the femurs measuring long or short? At 20 weeks mine were measuring at 19+5 where as rest of baby was measuring 20+2 they said a few days difference was fine.

Tens machine I NEED one! Was going to hire from the hospital but its the same price as buying one. Will have a look on ebay when i'm looking for a birthing ball.

Having a relax now. Just finished washing all the lounge down, dust everywhere yuk! just cleaned the bathroom and the toilet too. Washing is hung out so now time to chill and have a mars bar.

Just wish upstairs looked as clean as downstairs. :shrug:

Yes that's it! Evil baby hahaha. I swear, that picture just freaks me out, its the eyes!!!

Yep, I love it also. It is really common sense, but until someone spells it out to you, you don't get that "AH HA!" moment. It's making me feel really positive about the birth :)

Just bought it should have it in a couple of day ! Thanks ladies x

His femurs had been measuring at 50th centile and then suddenly were measuring at less than 3rd centile.

Littlekitten - hmm that doesn't sound right, hope the growth scan shows everythings fine... Seems a wierd drop...

Maffie - Thought you were suppose to be taking it easy???? How much have you done? I worked over time today finished after 12ish, went and got my hair chopped... Been told I need to go back and see the hair dresser in 6 weeks ready for babe's arrival and she'll give it another good going through... Grabbed lunch and then came home for a nap... Happy shopping for your Ten's machine, and ball...

I'd be lucky if I caught any zzz's my bump is so solid and huge at the moment... Feel as through babe's kicking me out of my own body?!?! Please help!?!?

Lindak - I hope you too enjoy the book too...

eswift - he rushed through the femur measurements so I'm hoping it was just his cock up. My bump is also rock solid. Feel like I cant possibly stretch any further, cant bend down or do anything. I have been trying Maffie's suggestions to get him to move which gives him a little more room and does make me a tiny bit more comfy for a few mins.

little kitten it sounds like the sonographer did just rush them. my little one's femurs are measuring in the 3rd centile but they have been picked up since the 20 week scan. you would have expected them to refer you to obstetrician to explain it though if it suggested anything?

maffie i missed your posts - i hope things get better at home xx

we went in for a scan today - always seems to be something worrying. anyway have been booked in for TORCH panel, GTT and full blood group tests on monday morning to see if can find out why i have too much amniotic fluid. and got another scan in 2 weeks to check on little kai. he's getting all nutrition he needs though apparently so that's one good thing. i found that i spend hours trying to analyse what they the consultant really means! he mentioned again that i will probably need a caesarian but that they want him to stay in as long as possible to give his lungs time to grow as they seem a little small. do you think that might mean that they could book me in for a caesarian on my due date rather than the usual week before? he also said he has a contour line on his stomach. when i asked what that means he said he didn't know really but it could be cos his ribs are small :S really worried about my little man

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->