Official October Team Bumpkins

Cloud9mummy - a paediatrician will be able to give you a bit more of an idea of what baby might be like when it arrives, and the care it may need. Sounds positive that they've only just picked it up cos babys lungs should have had a fair while to mature.

thanks littlekitten - i hadn't thought of it like that and that's cheered me up abit. feel a lot more positive now :)

I have another growth scan in the mornign then a consultant review so excited and nervous about that.

please text me and let me know how you get on x i hope it goes well x i'm at the hospital in the morning too but just for Glucose Tolerance Test, full blood group and TORCH panel so fear a lot of blood may be taken. The last time I gave a blood sample I fainted so midwife refused to do anaemia test lol :blush:

oooh good luck eith the glucose test hun. I wasnt keen on it but wasn't has bad as I expected. Will text you let you know how I get on. Whats a torch panel?

cloud9mummy - glad I've put your mind at ease.

Goodness knows what James is doing in there this evening but it feels like he's trying to claw his way out of my left hand side. Pretty sure he's dropped right down into my pelvis too cos I feel like he's pressing down on my bits and they ache. And boy do I have to keep peeing.

Had a lovely dinner of roast beef, roast potatoes, courgette, carrots, green beans and yorkies. All brought home from work by OH. Ended up eating it at 5pm cos it smelt so good and I was starving. Now I'm hungry again lol.

Well just had an unexpected visitor, a frog in the bathroom. It just landed on my foot so we had to herd it out the house through the kitchen :rofl:

Evenin' Girls!

Well today I hoovered out the car,(boy did it need it!) did a slow cooker chicken marinara and finished the nursery.

I started a thread with pictures of the nursery .. you can see them here if you're interested :) https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/179067-finally-finished.html#post2888888

I was reading the updates on Mumof4's threads, the latest one looks like she might be having a C-Section :(

LK ~ Oh you made me want ice cream! Autumn is head down with her arms and legs pointing to my right also, she's having a flipping party in there at the moment stretching and kicking those limbs. My bump is all over on the right lol.

Clould9mummy ~ I agree with LK .. googling these things is the worse you can do, cause you tend to just get the 'worse of the worse' stories. I'm sure your consultant will be able to reassure you.:hugs:
Good luck with the glucose test!

Maffie
~ You should do a months worth of home made freezer meals, that way whilst you are getting in a routine all you need to do is pull stuff out and reheat. I've done it a few times, It took me a whole Sunday to get it planned and done but was SO worth it not having to 'cook' for a month.
Good luck for tomorrow :)

Good morning ladies,

You'll be glad to know that my funny mood seems to have been dispersed....must just have been one of those hormonal things.....gosh I hate them! Doesn't help that when hubby got home he was quiet as well but for a totally different reason.....he's quit smoking!!!! :happydance: I've not made a big deal about it but I'm so pleased. He'd been feeling unwell for so long and he's woken up this morning feeling fine.....if not a little craving-y! I will make him a really nice dinner and I've sent him to work with a whole packet of jaffa cakes to keep him occupied lol....every little helps.

I've also just had the worst nights sleep I can remember. I was too hot and my bump was really really achey...still is! finally got to sleep about 3am and then woke up at 5.30 wide awake :growlmad: Ne'r mind...at least I'm feeling more cheerful today.

Hope everyone else is ok. keep smiling and big hugs :hugs:

:thumbup: Morning all, well im so happy today, 4 days left in work, yipeeee
this will be my last monday morning blues in work for 9 months!!!!!
Chaos the Nursery looks fab too xxx i bet your made up xxxxxxxxxx
well im off to work, so i catch you all later , enjoy your day :happydance:

Hiya girls..

Firstly sending lots of love and hugs to Mumof4 - Thinking of you hunni and hoping all goes as well as it can and that your little man is ok.. :hugs:

Chaos: The nursery is gorgeous hun, you must be really chuffed with it :)
Aimee: Mat Leave hey hun! :wohoo:
Sam: Enjoy your last monday hunni :)

Well girls what a weekend, we found the PC i want and thats all sorted through good old Ebay.. also sorted a Wii & Wii Fit so i can shift some LB's once Freya is born :)

I cant believe how fast this pregnancy seems to have gone so far! its proper crazy.. In 6 and a half weeks i will be chatting to you all about sleepless nights and colic etc! I guess we need to sort out an October Mummies & babies group thread soon as i would love somewhere to continue chatting with you all...

I have so much to do today and so little energy :( so i best make a slow start.. Catch you all in a bit.. :hugs: to you all xxx

Morning all,

Feeling a bit more awake after yesterday!

Chaos - your nursery looks so beautiful.

I can't wait for my Sis and BIL to come down and help us de-clutter the house, it means I can get the larger bulkier baby items such as prams etc out of LO's nursery. I know there is no harm in them being in there, it just starting to look cluttered in there also which I don't want, I just want it nice and ready for LO - even though they will be sleeping in the same room as me and OH for a bit!

The things people do can make you chukkle, OH's HGV has broken down today (again!) and it is blocking a road but there is obviously nothing he can do about it, he is just sat there waiting for a recovery wagon. Someone came up and started giving him some abuse asking him to move it - he just turned round to them and said 'well I am certainly not thinking about pushing the damn thing!' :rofl:

Hiya girls..

Well girls what a weekend, we found the PC i want and thats all sorted through good old Ebay.. also sorted a Wii & Wii Fit so i can shift some LB's once Freya is born :)

I cant believe how fast this pregnancy seems to have gone so far! its proper crazy.. In 6 and a half weeks i will be chatting to you all about sleepless nights and colic etc! I guess we need to sort out an October Mummies & babies group thread soon as i would love somewhere to continue chatting with you all...

I am REALLY hoping for a Wii and a Wii Fit but OH doesn't want one as it is white and doesn't match the rest of the TV's etc :wacko: - I keep saying get a skin or something for it but no . . . I think it may be one of those things that appears in the house - but then again it's finding one at the right price! I just don't want to turn into the human blob once LO is born!!

I agree with the Mummies and Babies group, mentioned it a few weeks back too, can't go a day without chatting and seeing how everyone is and it would be really nice to continue this and see how everyone and the LO's are getting on.

Morning ladies ,

Had a nice weekend , went to the flicks last night. Baby was extra active yesterday. Had a good sleep last night but I feel tired this morning and my eyes are stinging me !! I have hosp app 2moro just general check up. Good luck to all that have tests this morning xxx

Chaos - Nursery looks fab, il get some pics up of mine soon

Hello girls, just a very quick wave from me as I'm just back in the office after two weeks away. Was meant to be camping a couple of Fridays ago, but then suddenly started bleeding just as we were about to leave the house. Spent the night in hosp but ultrasound dept don't work weekends, so then had to wait until Monday for a scan. At least they sent me home on the Saturday so I only actually slept there the one night. Anyway, had scan and all was well - couldn't find any reason for the bleeding, just "one of those things". Then headed off on our delayed camping trip ... the sun shone on us all week, and we didn't do anything ... just sat by the campervan reading lots of books and doing suduko!

I don't know what's been going on with the Bumpkins, as can't read back through an entire fortnight's worth of messages, but is there anything important I should know about?

xx

Hiya Colsy welcome back hun..

Well....

Hopedance gave us our 1st October Bumpkin, born at 30 weeks( i think ) and he is so cute..there is a thread in 3rd with some pics of him.
Mumof4 is in hospital and by the looks of it due to have her little boy very soon.

A few bumpkin babies have threatened to come early but thank god most seem to be staying put :) Impatient little babies!

Kte: I cant wait to get on my Wii fit :) We are collecting it Friday.. we got the wii + fit + 10 games for £260 so not a bad price really... I'm sure you will convince your OH some how xx
as for the mummy group, maybe we can think about starting one mid sept? I will sort out a little logo for us, so come up with some group names girls :) then we can vote on a fave x

Morning ladies,

Feels like ages I have slept well!!!!:nope:
I just want to sleep like before.... without waking up for the loo... or getting uncomfy!
My bump is really sore, got some sharp achy/electric shock type pains down ma pelvis.... with some back pain!!! :cry: Felt horrible last night. Got residual headache, ma eyes aching..... Husband just left to work... I didnt want him to go... I just hate being left alone at work. :shrug: He will be back inother 3 hours... to take me to the midwife.

Had a few rice-pancakes for breakfast! Kinda feeling better....

Got ma mid-wife appt at 1 40 today.... so am JUST waiting to meet her and discuss all ma probs!!

Hows everyone doing today????

Hi bumpkins, just going to catch up in a min,not been on for a few days so I'm sure there will be quite abit of chatter to get up to date with!
I've had a rough few days,an awful tradgedy has happened,it's so sad :cry: one of my best friends' husband died really suddenly Saturday afternoon. He was fit and healthy,didn't drink much,never smoked, 40years old, very lovely bloke-worked extremely hard and adored my friend and their 2 girls..there only 4 and 6 and I am absolutley devestated for them at never seing their daddy who they idolised ever again :cry: They go to school with my son Ellis,the oldest is in his class,there really good friends,see eachother out of school ect..it was only on Friday we were joking with them that they make a lovely couple! Worse still..when it happened,my friend was out at a birthday party with the youngest girl..the oldest was at home on her own with her dad when he died :nope::cry: They had been playing on the wii and she was winning him so thought he was joking around,pretending to be asleep cos of that. She sat with him for 45 mins telling him to stop pretending,all the while he was turning purple. By the time the alarm was raised,he couldn't be saved.
I went over yesterday,was awful, it was breaking my heart to see her in so much pain, shattered in pieces, ripping her hair out and scratching herself in desperation :cry: I feel so useless, and I know theres nothing anyone can do to take the pain away,only time will numb it.
Then ontop of that Ive got my dad here and yesterday he was in a foul mood,taking it out on me,hubby and the kids-selfish bast@rd he knows whats happened with my friend. Hubby blew his top and they ended up arguing

I've had a rough few days,an awful tradgedy has happened

This is horrible. I so feel for your friend. A big hug to you too. I hope you can be there for your friend, as of course she will need as much love as anybody has at the moment. But don't forget too that you must also look after yourself and your bump. Hugs again. xx

Helz hunni i am so sorry you have had to go through that :hugs: My thoughts go out to your friend and her kids ... xxx

The things people do can make you chukkle, OH's HGV has broken down today (again!) and it is blocking a road but there is obviously nothing he can do about it, he is just sat there waiting for a recovery wagon. Someone came up and started giving him some abuse asking him to move it - he just turned round to them and said 'well I am certainly not thinking about pushing the damn thing!' :rofl:

I love it :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: My OH is a HGV driver too... So I certainly understand the grief they get when they break down... SOme people think they just do it on purpose don't they???

Colsy ~ Glad you're back and had some nice sun to sit and chill in...

Helz81 ~ What a horrid awful thing to happen to someone... Your friend is certainly going to need some time and support both for herself and the kids... I really do feel for her...

Baby.love ~ It would be lovely for us all to keep in contact after all the babes are here to see how they grow, develope as well as getting some advice when needed... I love to see how everyone is doing too... Guess I would really miss you all if when the babe's arrive it all just stopped...

Keerthy ~ Hope you midwife can come up with some magic cure for the lack of sleep... I'd love to share the secret if she gives you one...

I hope Mumof4 and LO are doing well...

Work was fun today, all change yet again... Doesn't help much I can't bend to the floor at the moment, If I need to pick something up I'm having to get right down on my hands and knees... Talk about feeling a pratt?? The lads are still looking after me though so I shouldn't moan... Just seems a lot of hard work when I drop the mail on the floor... Feel as though I spend a lot of time crawling on the floor under the frame... Can you tell I'm clumsy?? Other than that I'm glad to be home today...

Hope everyone has a good day...

helz81 - It must be so horrible and heartbreaking, the worst kind of loss when it is so unexpected. My thoughts go to your your friend and the 2 girls, as well you as it must have been a great shock to you also xx :hugs:

eswift - yep! :rofl: and it's such a pain for them! He couldn't believe his luck as he only broke down the other day (on his own birthday) nothing for a year and then twice in as many weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->