Official October Team Bumpkins

Lol, I like it Maffie - I will have to remember that one!

:hugs: TaylorsMummy, hope things calm down for you soon and the pain goes.

I have some aches at the bottom of my back today, nothing seems to ease it. I wonder if LO has moved? Only 1hr and 45 mins until I get to leave work to go to MW appointment so we shall see soon!

Morning Bumps,

Hope everyone's doing good today!

LK~ congrats hun! Glad ur mom will be with you! :) My mom will be travelling from India probably on Sept 20th... gottu manage all alone until then!

Taylorsmummy ~ I have that pain sometimes...... I noticed.. a warm glass of water/milk makes the LO change position... dunno how long it will last though!!!!! Propping up with pillows b4 I sleep. I am trying to have small meals ...2 hours b4 I sleep...... otherwise I feel it real uncomfy with LO hitting ma ribs..... and no space for food and baby! Hope it helps! :hugs:

I slept well last night, hadn't slept well for 3 mights in a row!.... slept from 10 to 4.30 which is like a bliss to me..... though fill tired..... ohh Joys!!!!

had an early lunch..... some fried chicken topped with some houmous and lettuce!

have a nice day ladies.... :hugs: :hugs:

Taylorsmummy: go to Argos & get yourself their bog-standard gym ball. It's white & only costs £4.99. If you sit on it & gently bounce while you watch TV or something, it'll encourage Dexter to move down a little bit & get his feet out of your ribs. I've found it's really helped me. Also, you could get your daughter involved by getting her to jump up & down in time with you bouncing- it'll wear her out, LOL! The only other thing you can do is rub your belly lots coz it's soothing, relaxes your own muscles & might make bubs curl up & sleep a bit more instead of nuzzling your ribs? My midwife also said that slouhing makes it worse, so sit up straight & stretch upwards a lot.
Hope it eases soon!

LittleKitten: congrats on getting the house & hope you have a smooth & easy move.

Maffie, Colsy & Eswift: I tried to bicarb this morning, followed by some good old cillet bang & the smell has gone. OH has promised he wont bring seafood home anymore, lol!!! Thanks for the tip- will have to remember that for the future. :)

Sam76: enjoy your last day at work!!!

Everyone else- hope you're all well!

Got some lovely bits in Wilkinson yesterday. Bought placemats, towels, storage jars, glasses, pictures for the walls, fruit bowl and wine glasses. Wandering round and got a rather painful BH....literally made me stop and breathe through it. Poor OH looked absolutely panicked and once it went I carried on shopping lol and he was like 'are you alright'...I was like 'I'm fine now' lol.

Hiya girls

33 weeks today :wohoo: 4 weeks till project evict Freya begins :)

Massive :hugs: to all that need them xx

I am super happy today as a friend of mine had her baby 10 days late.. It proved to me that growth scans are totally unreliable as she was told to expect a 9lb'er atleast.. but her baby girl weighed in at 7lb 10oz! and the fact she was so late shows she wasnt ever going to be massive!

Have a good day girls and i'll catch you later xxx

baby.love - congrats on 33 wks !! I totally agree with growth scans being way off ! Everyone I know has been told to expect such a weight baby and they are nothing near !!

Congrats on 33 weeks Babylove- that is good to hear about growth scans. Think Im being overly paranoid about what weight my little man will be.

31 weeks today :happydance: into single digits..9weeks to go!!!

Totally knackered from work this morning,my feet are throbbing,Im sure I can see them pulsing!! So Im sat with my feet up while my daughter is making a carrot cake :flower: Im just shouting instuctions at her lol. If it turns out nice,were going to make another one for my friend (who has just lost her husband)

My hospital wont give an approximate weight on my growth scans as they say its not accurate enough. So I just get the head and abdomen measurements.

Gosh I never thought about bein in single figures of weeks when I hit 31 weeks. That scared me helz. I was scared enbough the other day when I realised as of the 1st of september i can say the baby is due next month. Must stop scaring myself.

Afternoon All...

LK ~ Great news about the move!?!?! Hope all goes well with consultant and the move... Once in your new house you'll really be able to get things sorted ready for babe's arrival...

xTaylorsMummy ~ You seem to be having a right rough time with your emotions, OH and pains... You poor dear... I'm still having a soak each night in the bath before bed, I've found it unsticks babe from where ever they're hiding, eases my hip/back ache, lets me have time out from DS (boy does he talk! he has so much to say, I''m not sure he even stops for breath!) and seems to help me drift into sleep soon after... Hope you feel better soon...

Maffie ~ Not sure I'd manage pizza for breakie... lol... but egg & mayo sannies at 7am today were loveyl... I'd had cornflakes at 4.45am, egg & mayo sannies at 7am, salt & vinegar crisps at 7.30am, Toast at 10am, Steak Bake and peach melba at 2pm and my tummy's still grumbling!?!? Talk about eating, I've not stopped today...

Baby.love ~ bet you're getting right impatient now, so close yet so far away... My mat leave starts in 3 & 1/2 weeks, can't help wishing it would hurry up... lol ... Maybe that's just so I can sleep past 4.30am...

Colsy ~ I know the feeling about heating situation ready for winter... We still need radiators for the new bedrooms... Think we're going to do a shift about and recycle though. Buy larger ones for the new open plan livingroom & kitchen/dinner, using their old ones (freshly painted) in the new upstairs bed rooms. It'll cost us an extra £60 but in the long term will save us money on the heating and puts the radiators in the upstairs room sooner rather than later... Paranoia starting to set in now... Also mean we only need 2 new radiators rather than 4... Joys of renovating...

Florabean ~ Glad you've managed to get rid of the smells... Wonder what he'll bring home next time lol... My cats have brought home rabbits, mice, birds and toads... OH has a tendency to bring home 'crap' - "but it'll come in useful, they were going to skip it." (As I tend to think, and you wonder why???) DS tends to bring home sticks and his hungry mates... lol...

I'm so glad I'm off work tomorrow! I have eaten so much and feel so drained today... I've still have the entire house to sweep & mop ready for the carpets to be fitted... Yet, I'm excited... But why can't I bring my rather clumsy large body to want to do the cleaning??? Been avoiding it since I've had my nap... I know it's gotta be done... Not as though I've the sofa to lounge on and the tv to flick through... lol... DS has taken my phone and is playing the games on there and I'm hiding in here/facebook...

OK ok I really should show willing... As OH came home and emptied the livingroom before I got home and we all had to move the tv before he went to bed... Bless him... So he's now zzzing away upstairs (I'll see him about 7ish, as I head into the bath...) Great family life at the moment, quality time is when you pass in the hall way... At least I've been collecting DS from Dad after work, he's good company; noisey but who at 10 isn't?

Catch you all soon... Best go do my Super Mum act... Wonder how long it'll take????

Hi girls,

Not stopping long but just wanted to pop on a note to say that Hubby and I are just back from booking in at the birth centre. They're happy to take us, its fabulous, I've got my appointment for my next check and I am now so excited!!!!!!

Hope we're all ok :hugs:

Oh and - 32 weeks today! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

hi ladies,

just a question.... My breasts are leaking a lot these days.... eerrr!!!! well, managing with breast pads..... the real prob is.. I am having sharp pains in ma breast since 2 days.. is anyone suffering with the same?

Well that consultant appointment was a complete and utter waste of time! She got the midwife to take my blood pressure and then decided she didn't need to listen to baby or feel my tummy 'cos you were only scanned yesterday'. Grrr! She has decided I don't need a 36 week growth scan cos he is growing well. I just feel like she didn't give a crap about me and was just trying to get through her patients as quickly as possible. So glad we are moving this weekend cos it means a different consultant and a different midwife. So I left the hospital in a foul mood, feeling utterly rejected and ended up stopping in Co-Op on the way home for magazines and chocolate cakes. Got home, curled up the sofa and just cried. I'm in pain from walking the 2 miles there and back and just wish I hadn't bothered.

Got home, curled up the sofa and just cried. I'm in pain from walking the 2 miles there and back and just wish I hadn't bothered.

Awww, :hugs: Probably not much of a consolation, but the walk will have done you and baby some good. All my yoga and natural birth books say that walking is one of the best things you can do to get baby in a good position and to make your labour as relaxed as possible. Good luck with your house-move this weekend. xx

Evenin' ladies :D

Congrat's to everyone reaching a milestone today :happydance: and lots of lots of :hugs: for those who need them x

Had my 31 week MW appointment today Babybean is measuring spot on (currently 31+4). We got to hear Babybean's heartbeat and at the same time there was another little noise coming through - OH and I were a little worried at first until the MW explained we could hear LO's hiccups - bless!

She felt my bump for LO's position and they are still breech!! The MW said at the moment this is ok, keep staying on the left and not slouching etc to give LO room to move. She did say that if at the next appointment LO was still the same we would have to discuss the options. If they are we will have to go for another scan and see a consultant. She mentioned some kind of chinese method that one of the nurses does that they can turn babies and another option is a medical way of making tummy muscles soft and then by looking at a scan and using hands externally, turning LO. She also said that those methods may not work or LO could just move back! Gulp! Other issues such as a vaginal birth and a C-section would also have to be discussed.

Turn LO!!!!

Does anyone know if your partner can be with you for a c-section? I got the impression they could be but OH is worried he won't be able to be there in the room with us.

Yeah if you are awake during the c-section (only time you wouldnt be would be if you were too poorly or if they needed to get LO out in a hell of a hurry, othewise known as a crash section', then OH can be there with you. Mostly they come in after you have been prepped.

Hello all

Nothing much to report from me, just knackered all the time, it's hard work settling my wee girl into Primary 1.

We have also changed baby name again!
Hubby decided he wasn't happy with Aiden so we have decided on another one we are both happy with. Keeping it a total secret this time though!

Baby has been kind of quiet today, probably just as tired as I am so am away to have an early night, hubby is gonna bath our daughter and put her to bed for me.

Take care Bumpkins!

i got my pram!!! my daze didnt realise how much room it takes up in the boot lol

Ribs are still killing me, have been all day =[

is anyone else on here addicted to Farmville on facebook?! I only started today but now I feel like I'm gonna miss something if i go away, lol. How sad am I?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->