Official October Team Bumpkins

hiya all

i have a very blocked right ear and its driving me insane!!! i put otex ear drops in last night and this morning its even worse, tried cleaning it but its so sore and clogged! any idea how i fix it cause its fully blocked up and cant hear out of it!. Really dont want to get it stringed =[

hiya all

i have a very blocked right ear and its driving me insane!!! i put otex ear drops in last night and this morning its even worse, tried cleaning it but its so sore and clogged! any idea how i fix it cause its fully blocked up and cant hear out of it!. Really dont want to get it stringed =[

Olive oil on some cotton wool. Will draw out the gunge! :thumbup: Whatever you do don't get it wet or put cotton wool buds near it!!

hiya all

I had this the other week for about 5 days. It drive me batty. It felt like swimmers ear almost.

I ended up paying to go to the Dr. It wasn't wax, my ear was clean as a whistle. It was the tiny tube between my ear and throat that was blocked with fluid. He said that's generally caused by sinus' etc. He gave me a little steroid spray to put up my nose once a day to help it.

It was unblocked by the next day.

Gah I slept on the sofa last night because I can't get comfy in bed at the moment and woke up with a cracking headache down the left side of my head/face .. methinks its a migraine trying to make an appearance. BOO!

Well I can't stare at this screen long enough to catch up, its too bright lol, plus I need to get ready to go to a consignment sale at 9am, just wanted to say good morning!! :)

I'll update the front page later when this is gone!

Your best bet is to leave it well alone. I know that's easier said than done, and you're probably desperate to poke things in it in the hope of releasing the pressure, but unfortunately a blocked Eustachian tube (the tube between the ear and the nose/throat) is a very common feature of pregnancy. Otex drops, olive oil, syringing and general poking are unlikely to get rid of it. It will most likely just "pop" of its own accord, although be prepared for it to return. But it will get better once your baby is born. A few weeks ago, I had a blocked ear at exactly the same time every day - I jest not, I could almost set my watch because when my ear felt blocked and I couldn't hear anything, I knew it was 11a.m.! Odd.

Obviously if your ear gets really sore or starts to ooze anything, then do go and get it checked out by your doctor or nurse.

In the meantime, I hope you feel better soon. xx

Hiya girls

Just a quickie! we have decided to change our babies name!!! She is no longer a Freya.. we have both heard a name this morning and fallen totally in love with it.. I will reveal all later xx

Bye for now xxx

Just a quickie! we have decided to change our babies name!!! She is no longer a Freya.. we have both heard a name this morning and fallen totally in love with it.. I will reveal all later xx

Ooh, you're teasing us! Look forward to hearing the new name soon.

We haven't decided completely. We have what we *think* are our first choices for a boy and a girl, but we're not revealing to anybody - literally nobody at all. Our local pub is running a sweepstake on what we will name the baby ;-) The baby has caused a bit of interested locally as we're quite a small village so there aren't that many littl'ns born each year.

Morning all! well, today is officially my first day off work! Whoo-hoooo!

Unfortunately I have some work to do from home and some bits and bobs I still have to pop into the office to finish off, but I am hoping to have that all sorted by the end of the week.

Going to pack my hospital bag today I reckon... 36 weeks today, better get on with it!

Hope everyone is well... Taylor's Mummy, hope your ear clears soon, that's so annoying for you!

Babylove, can't wait to hear what name you have chosen!

thanks ladies! its drivin me insane lol. But full of a cold so i think that may have something to do with it?

Oh my god,docs are on about giving me a sweep at 38weeks and if it doesnt work inducing me at 39... its 12days till im 39weeks!!!! and dexter james will DEFFENTLY be here before 19days!! [due date] how scarey!

Hiya girls

Bye for now xxx

Changing name again LOL .......
Dying to hear the new name ............ you teasing us now so come on tell us pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

thanks ladies! its drivin me insane lol. But full of a cold so i think that may have something to do with it?

Oh my god,docs are on about giving me a sweep at 38weeks and if it doesnt work inducing me at 39... its 12days till im 39weeks!!!! and dexter james will DEFFENTLY be here before 19days!! [due date] how scarey!

yours & kate's baby may arrive same day.

Lol girls i am a nightmare aint i!

I can reveal that it begins with an S!

Good Afternoon Ladies...:winkwink:

I did go back to bed this morning and slept, woke up about 10.30 ish, so not been up too long... :thumbup:

Went and ran some errands, I came back had lunch and bloody morning sickness strikes again... I not sure what's worse, having lunch and loosing it or throwing up and needing to pee all at the same time?!?! :shrug: I know far TMI ~ I give up!:nope: I'm back in my dressing gown... Feeling urgh... If this is what the next 5 weeks have in store, I'm really not looking forward to them...

Oh well... Such is life...

XTaylorsMummy ~ Hope you ear ache eases soon..:hugs:

Keerthy ~ I'm sure your Mum will not mind looking after you...:kiss:

Baby.love ~ I'm sure when you see your little girl you'll know for sure what her name should be... :thumbup:

Chaos ~ Hope your achey head doesn't turn out to be a migrane... :hugs:

Kte ~ Don't work too hard! I'm sure the next 4 weeks will pass fast enough (at least I hope so!) :hugs:

Guess I'm chilling for the rest of the day... Take care all xxxx

Hiya girls

Bye for now xxx

:rofl: Good job you heard it now, you've only got a few weeks left!

'S' names.....come on! You've got to give us more than that!! lol :shrug:

Hope we're all ok today ladies. We went to 'birth prep' yesterday at the birth centre. Met some ladies due the same time as me......so may see them again in a few weeks. I love that birth centre....keeping everything crossed that everything a A-OK on thursday next week!! Hubby was very chuffed as well....we're both really looking forward to it now....strange as that may seem lol.

Must be something in the water.....I was doubting our name choices last night and have spent the past couple of hours researching new names just to come back to the ones we had originally!! :dohh: I must be over-thinking this whole thing.....and we're still not telling! lol

Anyhoo....Hope we're all ok....and my gosh it's getting close now! Hubby's only got 3 more full weeks until his leave :happydance: So excited!! :thumbup:

yours & kate's baby may arrive same day.

yup :thumbup:

Girls our baby is being called

Sienna :)

Aint it just amazing?! xxxx

thanks for the guesses xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members