Official October Team Bumpkins

Anybody else's legs really aching lately? They're still normal shape and size (i.e. not swollen) but they don't half feel really achy, a bit like the sort of feeling you get when you've done a good long hike or a big session at the gym. Prob doesn't help that we live at the top of A Big Hill (no, seriously, I do mean big - and we live in the hills anyway, so this one's extra big!) and the shops, post office and pub (!) are at the bottom of the hill.

Actually, I feel generally knackered today. Lots of BH and some back ache as well. Blimey, quit whinging, lass!

Bump has dropped - which means lots more peeing each day, BUT the great thing is I am starting to breathe properly again. Before pg, I could breathe in for a sl-o-o-o-w count of seven or eight. A couple of weeks ago, I could barely manage a count of four. Now I'm suddenly up to seven again. Wahey!

Consultant appt tomorrow to confirm that I'm still OK to be booked for the birth centre. They're panicky because of the bleed I had a few weeks ago, but that all came back as 'no abnormalities detected' so my fingers are x-d that the consultant's having a good day and can see that it makes sense for us to go to the birth centre instead of the hospital.

Hey girls - I'm hearing your frustration on not being able to do so much as normal..I'm feeling very frustrated and I don't know how I'm going to last another 6 weeks! Had MW appointment today, bubs is head down and I'm measuring 34 weeks which is a bit ahead.

Not too long for us all now!

Laura xx

Anyone else got nearly constant movements.....I swear that LO is making an escape bid! lol

I've just been doing some filing/sorting out and every time I lean forward I get a boot!

Time for lunch now....mmmmm corned beef!! :)

Anyone else got nearly constant movements.....I swear that LO is making an escape bid! lol

I've just been doing some filing/sorting out and every time I lean forward I get a boot!

Time for lunch now....mmmmm corned beef!! :)

Yes, yes, yes! The little man has been so active lately to the point where i had a really graphic and horrible dream where he actually burst out through my tummy! Ridiculous i know but it scared the life out of me lol!

My whole urine saga continues. Basically, my result came back from the lab last friday and it was negative. No white blood cells, no protein this time so i thought great! I went to the midwife yesterday, did the routine sample and low and behold there's protein there again! She checked my blood pressure and it was sky high so she was thinking i could be developing pre-eclampsia. She then decided that she would leave it fifteen minutes ad check it again. This time my blood pressure was within the normal range so it's off to the lab with the sample again. This is the third sample to be sent off in two weeks and i've had antibiotics inbetween too. I am so confused and terrified that i have some kind of infection somewhere that is re-curring. I know that if UTI's go undetected they can cause uterine contractions and throw me into labour early, that's not what i want. I just don't know what to think. Oh and on top of all of this my other half comes home to tell me that his boss is having to get his pet snake put to sleep because it has TB in its advanced stages! The idiot had no clue how to look after the animal and didn't know it was ill until it was too late! He isn't bothering to get tested even though the disease can easily be passed to humans and my other half is going crazy about this (understandably). I don't know if i should contact my gp and ask about testing or not because i haven't been in contact with him but my other half has. It's such a nightmare.

Well girls i took a trip to Asda, and guess what, nothing much left, Nappys nappys and more nappys!!! Rather disappointed!!! Got some lunch whilst i was there, now time for a feet up time i think xxxxxx Catch you later xxx

Panda, measuring 34cm right now is just right,not abit ahead, you will be 34 weeks in 2 days don't forget! :thumbup: You are exactly same as me..I had my midwife appointment Monday at 33+5 and measured 34cm and my midwife said spot on.

34 weeks today!! :happydance: Last day at work tommorow :happydance:

wow time is really flying by now, sooooooo can't wait to have my baby here, hope I go early, but gotta feeling I'll end up going over. My midwife said I will be offered a sweep at 40 weeks but do you think I would be able to have one a few days before? I know its no guarantee of starting things off but at least I will have tried?....y'see,my due date is the date my mum died last year :cry: and I'd rather my baby was here with me before that date as I think I will be able to deal with it abit better as I will be busy caring for baby rather than just dwelling on things. Do you think if I explained this to midwife it would make a difference?

Just come back from the MW appointment. Everthing is fine and measurements were spot on. LO has moved :happydance: but OH and I are in a bit of shock. THe MW wrote that they are 5/5 :shock: It's one extreme to the other!! We got back home and I was making us a cuppa and OH said 'hang on ~ that means they are all the way down and ready!' His face was so funny! :haha:

Kte - My m/w works the other way.

1/5 means fully engaged, 5/5 means starting to engage.

I am still 'free' apparently, although she said for the second timers the baby probably won't engage until I go into labour!

Just come back from the MW appointment. Everthing is fine and measurements were spot on. LO has moved :happydance: but OH and I are in a bit of shock. THe MW wrote that they are 5/5 :shock: It's one extreme to the other!! We got back home and I was making us a cuppa and OH said 'hang on ~ that means they are all the way down and ready!' His face was so funny! :haha:

Even if it does mean you're fully engaged, it doesn't mean that you're about to have the baby. I asked this of my MW last week, and she said that sometimes babies engage quite early - and this is good ... because it means your pelvic bones get lots of practice at opening nice and wide, and also baby's head is right there ready when you go into labour, thus in theory reducing both the length and the painfulness of your labour.

Kte ~ Great news... My mw works that 5/5 is fully engaged... I guess that each mw does things slightly different...

harmonybunny ~ Hope the results come back clear... Fingers crossed xxxx

Colsy ~ I have the legs thing too... I've put it down too the lack of exercise (compared to normal) and the extra weight being carried around. I'm hoping that this passes once babe's here... I can't wait to get out and about in the open air... LOL we too also live by and near lots and lots of hills... It buggers me out when I try to wonder about town etc... Glad I've got the car and can still drive...

I'm glad, I'm not the only one dealing with the fustration... I know the time left is best for babe, but I am wishing that time will pass fast...

Ouch!?!? That hurt, just sneezed and ow, pain all over LOL not going to miss that bit either...

Ouch!?!? That hurt, just sneezed and ow, pain all over LOL not going to miss that bit either...

Ah, it's not just me then!

I feel really odd today. Can't get rid of my thirst, regardless of what I drink. But also getting loads and loads and loads of BH, which although I can't describe as "painful" are definitely making me uncomfortable and quite nauseous too.

Kte - My m/w works the other way.

1/5 means fully engaged, 5/5 means starting to engage.

I am still 'free' apparently, although she said for the second timers the baby probably won't engage until I go into labour!

:dohh: Now I AM confused! I have been told the other way but then again it wasn't my regualr MW today - typical! Oh well, guess I have to wait 2 weeks to find out when I see my regular MW again!

I just had my 36 week MW appointment and my notes say 4/5 engaged. I didn't ask what it means but just looked on the internet and it apparently means that 4/5 of the head is still not engaged so only 1/5 engaged if that makes sense!

LOL nothing is easy...

Colsy ~ I've had a unquenchable thirst for over a week... LOL Water, water and more water... I'm just glad I'm not on a meter...

Bingers ~ I'm just glad babe is making their way to the exit! Feel as though there should be an airhostess showing the way, flashing lights included... "The exit is this way, please make your way in a calm controlled fashion..." LOL

My bump has dropped some more whoo hoo!?!?! Went into work today and my bosses were "Look at the size of you! Where the hell has that come from, it's only been just under 2 weeks! It's huge... You had now't like that before... How long you got left? Do they think you'll make it to then?" LOL not sure it was what I expected... Then they started with when my wife stories... Men are so funny...

I had a look on the Asda Website, they still have some bits and pieces, but I think I was rather disappointed in their selection... Not that I need anything... Still pleased that I got my Leap frog learn and groove toy it advertised at £84... I got batteries over the weekend and had a play... It all works?!?! Bargain...

im soo hungry lol really looking forward to tea lol got enchiladas and homemade cheesecake for pudding lol. i sent OH down morrisons with a shopping list lol he just got back and said he forgot shopping list lool

True. So long are LO are the right way and on the way down! I will just have to wait, I looked on the web too Bingers but there are mixed opinions on it, it seems it all depends on the Midwife! Ah well! *sigh*

I have an unquenchable thirst too :S

Forgot to add, the weirdest thing, my usual MW does the urine test and then disposes of the bottle and gives me a new one for the next appointment. This time the replacement MW just handed me my sample back!

Forgot to add, the weirdest thing, my usual MW does the urine test and then disposes of the bottle and gives me a new one for the next appointment. This time the replacement MW just handed me my sample back!

My MW disposes of the urine, washes out the bottle and then gives me the bottle back. Hope it was your OWN pee she gave you back ;-)

kte mine does that!! and uv just reminded me i have a bottle of wee in my bag from yesterday.. erghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lol

Gosh this is all very confusing lol...

My MW hands me my entire sample back which really annoys hubby.....every time I go I get a rant from him about how 'smack-heads get all the help in the world yet my pregnant wife has to re-use a sample pot!'....i keep telling him it's for the planet but he wont hear of it lol.

Right, so, I'm really confused about this whole engaged, fifths thing. I was 3/5 engaged so I suppose whichever way you look at it, i'm halfway lol. I will ask when I go for my assessment next week to see if I can get some clarification lol.

My birthing (gym) ball is brilliant!! You can just sit there bobbing away and before you know it all back-ache has disappeared and my ribs are not longer under attack. lol

Just finished sorting out the junk room! I've not quite managed to get round to the filing, but that's for tomorrow I suppose. I am so chuffed too as I managed to free up 2 yellow storage boxes which will match the yellow colour scheme in the nursery...perfect toy boxes/blanket boxes! Woohoo!!!! LO is not happy with my level of activity today...I keep getting kicked literally if I stop for 1 minute....they lay into me! Ive sat down now and they seem a lot happier. May have to have a few Jaffa cakes! :)

Have a good evening girls.

kte ~ LOL my MW empty the bottle, rinses it through and gives me a new one... After visiting dr last week who kept the bottle I asked reception for a new one, they wouldn't give me one... We no longer issue them... LOL saw MW following day, can I have your sample? No they no longer issue bottles, dr kept mine and reception wouldn't give me one. Oh, ok; Here's a new one. Can you go do a sample please... LOL (I had the smallest pee possible...) Not sure it's the planet they're thinking of, probably more their pockets... We've started with the new fancy electronic booking in system...

Aimee-Lou ~ You're definately putting me to shame... LOL Just had to get OH to take the cooking food out the oven just so I can turn it over... LOL can't even bend down to do that at the moment... How feeble is that???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->