Official October Team Bumpkins

OH said that too eswift ~ 'NHS cut backs then!'

I don't mind re-using it but getting all my urine back in it was weird. Plus, erm . . . I don't have the best aim and so I wrap the sample up but I got rid of the tissue when I handed it to her, meaning now I just feel like I have pee in/on my bag! (sorry TMI :blush:) lol

Lol Colsy ~ yes thankfully it was my own pee!

Taylors Mummy~ at least you remembered now, imagine accidentally pulling it out in a shop or something! lol

aimee-lou ~ your putting me to shame too. I helped hold open a bin liner whilst OH cleaned out the cupboards in the front room!

just had really really spicy dinner lol my mouth is on bloody fire! dont normally like spicy things but hoping this will start something lol very unlikey lol

Well just had a good cry, cooked dinner and it had melted into a mess of smelly mank, looks like the meat was off. Phoned OH at work and cried down the phone :cry: Going to order a take away soon. Having to wash everything in the kitchen now as it smells off, I didnt think the meat smelt bad when I opened it.

Evening everyone, well ive been in a right strop all afternoon cos of bloody hospitals. So today was my last consultant appointment @ 36 weeks got my growth scan and he's still about 2.5 weeks ahead and is weighing 6lb 11oz - my nephew weighed that at 41 weeks! Anyway i went in all hyped up ready to get my points over to my consultant about induction - found out i was down to see the stupid registrar who couldnt answer anything i wanted to know like last time so that wound me up and i complained so they put me with the locum consultant as mine was busy in L&D.

Seen this guy who gave baby a good going over etc then said before we talk induction i'll check your bp - bp is usually really good or slightly lower than normal and always has been. So he did it and it was raised up a bit so he sent me off for half hour to calm down - personally i think this made it worse cos i was outside worrying about it more then. Went back in and it was still up so he admitted me to assesment unit for full bloods, bp checks and ctg monitoring. So after 3 hours im finally let out all is ok im fine baby is fine, which of course is good and im glad. im just pissed off that i didnt get to discuss my induction with the consultant - i now have an appointment next wednesday with her, yet another week of me practically having a nervous breakdown through worrying that i'll get my baby safe and sound this time :cry:

Sorry for the essay.

jo, in exacly the same boat!!

I went to hospital last friday for wellbeing and growth scan and to see consultant. Ended up seeing the doctor who was like "you can wait to see consultant but hes busy" so i siad i would wait and she made it pretty clear she didnt want me to see him! so she made an appointment for me to see him yesterday. Went in, didnt see consultant, the same doctor just anougher doctor and a midwife who didnt know what was happening! I had a convo through the doctor with the consultant! everytime i asked something she went out the room and asked him rather then me seeing him! i was fuming!

i dont see the point in them making me a consultant appointment then me not seeing her! My mw is 100% behind me being induced at 38 weeks but she cant override the consultant and she has to agree and she cant do that unless she sees me herself.

Girls, sorry for putting you to shame but I'm suffering for it now! lol

Just sat myself down to watch the stuff I missed on the iplayer....underage and pregnant and Don't tell the bride (I'm classy me! lol) and I have now well and truly seized! lol. I still have to sort the clean washing out, do a little bit of ironing and do the washing up. I shouldn't have stopped lol! Maybe if I bounce on my ball for a bit.....It's official I'm a gym-ball-aholic! lol

Ok I need to shout it out before I burst!!!

I just got back from the OB and I'm 1cm dilated and the cervix is 60% thinned out!!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

I know I still have 9 to go, but this is a fan freaking tastic light at the end of the tunnel lol. Brightened my day NO end.

OMG I'm gonna burst haha.

Ok off to have a catch up :)

I just got back from the OB and I'm 1cm dilated and the cervix is 60% thinned out!!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

I know I still have 9 to go, but this is a fan freaking tastic light at the end of the tunnel lol. Brightened my day NO end.

Hey, well done, fingers x for a speedy 9cms:hugs:

Woohoo!!! 9 more to go and then you get to push:winkwink:

Nice job, cervix! I go Friday to get checked...I am hoping he will hold out 2 more weeks, but at the same time, I am done whenever he is:haha:

i find out on tuesday! soo excited but soo scared lol =[ really cant afford parking and hospital till 25th lol

Wow, I've really not been on here in ages :O

I think its more in fear of something going wrong -- sounds silly but now I know im safe I don't mind chatting to you all again!

Well not long left now... got told at my last scan that baby has straight hair on the back of her head and hes weighing 5lb which means she should be a nice ikkle 6lb baby (I can only hope) Meeting the midwife at my mums house on Monday to book my home birth... My mum lives walking distance from the hospital so I thought her house would be perfect :)

Hoping this baby will decide to come soon thought as I have the worst rib pain in the world.. been having it since about 20weeks and there is only so much more I can take!!

xx

Wow I can't believe mumof42009 is going to have her baby today!!
She was originally due just a day before me.

I am getting a bit impatient now.
My SPD is giving my hips hell and because my stomach muscles have seperated, my back is constantly sore too.
Roll on 1st October, at least then it will feel like the end is nearer.

My m/w used to give me a rinsed bottle back, but now always seems to give me a new one after I went 'eeuurrgghh' a while ago!

Also (apparently) if they write 5/5 it means she can feel all 5 5ths of the babys head.
If she wrote 2/5, it means she can only feel 2 5ths, if that makes sense!

Have a nice day everyone.
I will be doing my best to not move/walk/bend or anything else that involves my hips and back :)

Morning all, well I dont know why I go to bed its not like I can sleep :rofl:

dont know which way my midwife will right the engaged stuff at last appointment she wrote free, I cant understand what the doc wrote but he was talking about engaged :shrug: His handwriting is terrible.

Treated myself to boiled eggs and soldiers last night after the meat was off. Was going to order Chinese but I begrudge paying a charge for deliver and a charge to use a card (even a debit card)

Need to tidy a bit today as felt too achey and sore yesterday. My right hip has been hurting really bad. Not had that before but feels a bit better today.

Hope all ghoes well for mumof4 today, Chaos hope you have a speedy 9cms.

:hugs: to all, right time for some trashy TV :haha: while I potter about online.

Chaos ~ Great news!?!? Hopefully, not long now... OOoo I'm so excited...

JLo ~ What a carry on... I had the same conversation when I was at the eye consultant last, I did get to see the consultant in the end too.. OH said I was rather sharp and stern with the nurse... I thought I just stated the obvious... LOL... What's the point of being told last appointment I needed to see the consultant to come see someone else, to only have to come back to see the consultant I should have seen in the 1st place... Hope you don't get messed about next week... I'd be livid too...

Maffie ~ You sound like I feel, hormones all over the place, tears just ready to roll and wishing time away... Big Hugs... I'm sure we'll start feeling better soon...

XTaylorsMummy ~ I hope you enjoyed your tea, not sure I could cope with the heartburn after the thoughts of a hot spicey meal... Been awful this week...

I had no nap yesterday, I was so tired when I went to bed expected to sleep... Yeh right... Had a chat with OH before bed and started with pains and just being bloody uncomfy... Tossed and turned all night, up at 2am to pee, got back into and was in pain until I got up at 3am and had to have breakfast... I was so hungry even had the tummy growls... Went back to bed about 4ish and then the alarm went off at 7am... Needless to say I feel so groggy and have a headache from hell... Planning on making my way back to bed sooner rather than later...

Hoping to feel tons better for this evening... We're suppose to be going for a meal tonight...

Oh Wow!?!? I'm in the last flower on my ticker... Cool not too long now... LOL I'll be so glad when I've babe in arms at the moment... LOL ok I'm know I'm impatient... I'm sure it's an age thing, along with not being able to deal with incompetent people... LOL

Wow Chaos!

I REALLY want one of those gym balls now!

I think 5/5 must mean there is still time for LO to move further down, I know the turn was quick, I must have been asleep or something, so LO being all the way down as well would be speedy gonzalez! Yes I have wide hips but lol not that roomy! OH is so dissapointed though bless him, he is so excited about becoming a daddy, it felt nearer for him, now he feels like 2 steps forward and 3 steps back. I told him its ok! Bless.

:hugs: for all. I am half asleep today. I will be back when I have woken up a bit!!!

Oh my goodness......Good Luck to Mumof42009 and Chaos, I hope you're ok too :hugs:

I suppose us girls who are having late October babies it all seems a bit soon but it's only 13 days until October! :shock: eeek! Mine is officially NOT allowed to come until the 11th at the earliest! Daddy will be at work otherwise (*scowls at bump* - Are you listening in there?!) lol

I slept like a baby last night. Woke up at 5am with a terrible tummy ache...once again I'd slept through my need to wee and was in pain as a result....could have been worse. At least I'm not wetting the bed yet! lol :dohh: I think it was all that work that I did yesterday.

Hubby came home yesterday with a bag full of baby-gros that a girls at work had given him. They are mainly 'boy' designs (dinosaurs, monsters, monkeys etc etc) but they will make great 'scruffs' as hubby calls them. There's abot 8 baby-gros and a cardigan/jacket too, all 3-6 months size! Saved us about £50 at mothercare! lol Only problem was that the woman who donated them has a cat and immediately after handling them, hubby had a really bad reaction, his throat started to close up and everything. I put a piriton down him along with a large glass of water and put them in the washing machine, but it was really scary! He was in a right mood after that as you can appreciate! lol....poor thing.

Todays job......not a lot! :thumbup: Ironing needs finishing, washing up as normal. Need to mop the kitchen floor as I managed to get pasta sauce EVERYWHERE last night lol.

Have a good day girls......and good luck everyone!! :happydance::hugs:

Morning girls

Well I had midwife appointment from hell yesterday, Ive never really got on with her but yesterday was a nightmare.
I was told as hosp last week that baby is engaged 4/5, well yesterday she said he is not cephalic but not transverse, somewhere inbetween!!!
I questioned what would happen about this as I am not classed as term and she said 'nothing hopefully he will just make his way in the right direction, come and see me in 2 weeks'.
There were other things she said that fit very well with me and I left feeling very confused and not at all happy.
So, anyway, this morning I decided to phone the hospital to get a 2nd opinion, well am I glad I did, spoke to a lovely midwife who told me that by everything I have told her I should be having another scan sooner rather than later to establish exactly what is going on and where he is lying and if he is in the wrong place then a plan for what is going to happen next.

Phw, so just waiting for midwife to phone me back now with an appointment for a scan, I feel so much better now that I went with my instincts and am getting a 2nd opinion.

Ok, sorry rant over, will update you all with what happens.

:hugs: to all x

Chaos - thats great news ! I dont think the put that on your chart here in Ireland. I asked was baby head engaged and he said no there is still room for him , so whether that means that he is partly engaged or not at all im not sure !

Had another good sleep last night fingers crossed it stays like that. I have a night out on sat for my bf bday and I have nothing to wear I said that I wasnt going to buy any more clothes till i get rid of this belly but I have no choice , the thoughts of shopping for something now is killing me !

Hugs to all :hugs: have a nice day x

Eswift sounds liek you need a good nap, you are right about hormones I kept bursting into tears last night and the worst thing is I never normally show emotions. I'm not an excitable shouty/screamy/show all those emotions type of girl.

Well got a text off DHL the changing unit will be delivered today :happydance: I cant wait.

Jlo your midwife does sound a bit rubbish! Glad you are getting another scan sorted. I know when I saw consultant this week he said at my next appointment if a registrar comes in to see me make sure I say the consultant said I had to see him. We are doing my birth plan and discussing induction so he said it was him I had to see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->