Official October Team Bumpkins

Aimee-Lou ~ you're so good doing all the chores:thumbup:... LOL My DS puts the washing machine on in a morning for me before school. I potter and hoover if it needs doing and seem to zzzz the afternoons away... :blush: Then it's tea time and OH rises from his pit...

Baby.love ~ Love the avatar, guess we'll soon all know who Rory and the gang are; at the moment I've no idea of the different kiddie programs:shrug:... DS is more into Dennis the menace etc...

Kte ~ I'm sure the time will fly... Won't be too long before LO is here... I'm glad I'm not at work at the moment... I did call working tax today about my mat pay, I do offically start that until week before babe's due. But they were quite happy to work it all out prior to then... They deduct £100 a week of you wages from when Maternity starts until the end of this years tax year. As we'll still be on mat leave then, they didn't want to do that until after April... Hope that helps, as I remember you were on about sorting yours out once you too start your leave...:thumbup:

Maffie ~ I hope all goes well with your Landlord:hugs:... Fingers crossed that it 's not what you're thinking... I hope you and OH make up:hugs:... Must be the moon or something in the water... OH and I have had cross words recently too...:nope: Think it's all starting to get to us all, the anticipation, the unexpected, the waiting, the not being at work, money concerns and trying to prepare for the totally unpredictable...:hugs:

JLO ~ Sorry to hear about your Uncle xxxx

Anyway, I'm gonna see about having a bath... Hope you all have a lovely evening... Hugs to al that need them...:hugs:

Jlo; I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. :flower: My thoughts go out to all of your family also... :hugs:

:thumbup: Hello girls, well all was well at the midwife today!!! really pleased, also George is now engaged too!!!!!!! YUipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :haha:
Over the moon, so he could come anytime now, got a appointment in 2 weeks, and then they will do a sweep if i havent gone by then, im so excited, nervous, and i just cant wait!!!!! :happydance: :happydance:

The plumber just left mine with some not so great news.

I reported some kinda of water leak, with black mould on the wall at the back of my under sink cupboard in my kitchen on the 15th aug. They (my landlord agency) sent a guy out on 20th aug, who had a quick look (like 5 mins) & announced we had a leaking pipe & that he would get a plumber out to us asap.
We heard nothing....
On 2nd sept, we got a letter saying someone would be round either on or before 7th sept to sort it.
Nothing happened.
My OH called them & gave them a right earful & used my pregnancy & asthma as a reason for them to get their butts out here & sort it or we will sto paying our rent.
Nothing happened!!!
They then called on 10th sept saying a plumber would be round today at 12.
They sent a CARPENTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The poor guy was so embarrassed as he'd driven 80 miles to see us for no reason and was so appologetic to me for wasting my time etc. He called his office who said the plumber guy was still an hour away.
The plumber eventually got to ours at 3pm & left at 4:15pm. The guy checked every pipe, emptied all my cupboards (and wiped them over, which was quite nice I thought), but couldn't find any leaks. He said the pipes are all fine. He then literally took the washing machine to bits & found loads of water under it, but that it doesn't appear to be actually coming from the machine as again, all the pipes, seals etc were fine & the filter is empty, blah blah blah.
I asked him what he thought was happening then????
Hw said he think water is coming in from the outside somewhere or maybe under the floor which would explain why when I stuck a knife in the lino, water came up through it!!!! He said there was nhothing he could do today, but he will be sending out an investigation team to check evetything inside & out, but did warn me it probably means they will have to remove all the kitchen cupboards & fittings (it's an entirely fitted kitchen suite, dammit!) and rip the lino flooring up to get to the bottom of it!!!
All this and only 24 days till my EDD. I could scream.
The only saving grace is that at least my landlord has to pay for all this & not me or my OH. And thankgod I remembered to get contents insurance on all our belonging in case any of our stuff gets ruined.
Why couldn't this have happened months ago rather than 3 weeks away from metting my LO?????
*grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

Sorry, end of rant!

Jlo sorry for your loss hun :hugs:

Flora, if its a buildings problem wouldnt the landlords buildings insurance have to pay for any damage to your items? We have constant problems with our house the landlord isn't keen on fixing anything (I'd condemn the kitchen!)

Thanks eswift I know its all the extra stress of work and divorce which makes h tired and cranky. I used to be so good at letting it roll off my back but these days I cant I think it's because im so uncomfortable and ready for baby to be here.

Spent the afternoon in bed listening to my ipod and kept snoozing. I needed a little :sleep: Just had a nice advocaat ice cream and about to make a :coffee:

Really down and teary today. 3 people have felt the need to make comments to me about how big I am today. 1st one was at work, she looked at me and said Hi Fatty! My friend was with me and she laughed and said Oh I thought u was talking to me!! Then other girl said to her God she's massive..like I wasn't in the room anymore or something!! :growlmad: Then waiting in school playground to collect the kids one of my pregnant friends eyeballed my stomach,patted it and said oh your big now arnt you! WELL HELLLLLLLO yes, Im due in 6 weeks,Im not gonna be tiny now am I???! She can bloody talk..she's same size as me already but not due till 8 weeks after me :growlmad: THEN another friend walked past me,didn't say anything to me,instead,to the other friends I was stood with she said God she looks like she's gonna pop!!! Well by then I'd had enough and said THANKS!!! She said oh you heard me then!? I said 'yeah, I did' she just laughed and walked away!!
Maybe I am taking it too much to heart but Ive had a crap day anyway, found work this morning really difficult with spd playing up and just felt really fat and uncomfortable. Also I'm abit stressed and run down at the mo as I don't seem to be having much time to myself..I finish work,get home and get changed,get a quick sarnie then out to my friends house to support her. I'm not moaning about that-she needs me,,,I couldn't not be there for her, just getting me down I guess.:cry: Keep having a cry. I'm going to have a nice comfort tea of a huge jacket potatoe with loads of cheese n beans then relax in a nice hot bath.

There isn't no need for it is there, I mean, I wouldn't dream of telling them how ugly/fat they are!! So why do they seem to think its ok to say how massive I am?!

Evening all,

JLo ~ Sorry to hear about the loss of your Uncle x :hugs:

Gosh Florabean ~ that must be so annoying to find that out, lets just hope they are more efficient at sorting that for you. Can you deal with an agency as well as your landlord? Just wondering if there is anyone else you can speak too to give the landlord a huge boot up the backside so things get done quicker than the plummer fiasco? :hugs:

Helz ~ Some people, their brains just don't seem to register, they just don't realsise they have no room to comment, especilly right in front of you thinking you won't hear :hugs: Hope you enjoy your jacket spud, I am drooling thinking about it :flower: x

LO is really in an uncomfy position right now, so high up and both my left and right side feel so stretched ~ what are they doing?!!!!! They seem to be having fun wiggiling about anyway :D OH is super giddy tonight too lol bless!

EDIT: Has anyone heard any news on LittleKitten?

Is your daughter excited, or is she too young to really understand?

i think she is abit lol. She goes into his room every morning and looks in the moses basket and shouts baby baby baby for about 10mins lol:haha: so we have put my labour bag in front on door so she cant get in when im on the loo cause she pulls everything out lol.

Just a quick question:

Midwife wasnt very nice at hospital today tbh :cry:, obv they have to say the risks of induction ect but she went ON AND ON AND ON AND ON. You could just tell she really didnt want me to have it but consultant did so booked me in :happydance: the doctor was lovely though :flower:

Anyway questiong...

Midwife said it could take 3-4days for induction to work [?] And if it doesnt it will be a c-section :cry: soo im going to have to pack more pjs and nighties [?] my suitcase is fully packed already. no idea what to do?! dont want to turn up with loads of bags lol.. I also really really dont want to be stuck in hospital for days on my own in slow painful labour :cry: really hope i dont get that snotty midwife when i go into labour!:cry:

Jlo so sorry for your loss :hugs:

Well ladies today had my pre-op everythings now sorted for thurs, im completely pooing myself now and really nervous about how things are going to turn out. I signed my consent form and got to be in hospital 7.30 on thurs, they have picked up the echogenic bowel again so that will need to be checked after the birth but they are saying its because ive been bleeding on and off n my little mans swallowing it they think his lungs should be ok the main prob is going to be his feeding. Theyve said all being well i should be home by tues hopefully with my little boy.
Congrats to everyone meeting new milestones i will try and get on before i go into hospital xx

Midwife said it could take 3-4days for induction to work [?]

TaylorsMummy ~ a friend at work just had a little girl, well his wife did, and it took her a few days. The first time they induced her it didn't work then they decided it was too late on in the day to give her a 2nd lot of the hormone they give. (Can't remember the name sorry). I think all in all it took 3 days . . . even with the first delay, hope that helps x

Jlo so sorry for your loss :hugs:

Well ladies today had my pre-op everythings now sorted for thurs, im completely pooing myself now and really nervous about how things are going to turn out. I signed my consent form and got to be in hospital 7.30 on thurs, they have picked up the echogenic bowel again so that will need to be checked after the birth but they are saying its because ive been bleeding on and off n my little mans swallowing it they think his lungs should be ok the main prob is going to be his feeding. Theyve said all being well i should be home by tues hopefully with my little boy.
Congrats to everyone meeting new milestones i will try and get on before i go into hospital xx

Good luck Mumof4 :flower: Not long now at all!! :hugs:

Midwife said it could take 3-4days for induction to work [?]

TaylorsMummy ~ a friend at work just had a little girl, well his wife did, and it took her a few days. The first time they induced her it didn't work then they decided it was too late on in the day to give her a 2nd lot of the hormone they give. (Can't remember the name sorry). I think all in all it took 3 days . . . even with the first delay, hope that helps x

i dont mind a few days, just scared of being full labour that long lol.

Midwife was so snobby she goes " dont understand how u can be needle phobic [TO THE POINT I NEED NUMBING CREAM!] and manage to have an epidural :dohh: i had to point out i was in middle of labour and in AGORNY so i needed it lol:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->