Official October Team Bumpkins

Sounds as though most of us are starting to hit the rough times in one way or another...
Hope for most of us it's just a sign of the end drawing near...

Maffie ~ I had a incident like your TMI that over the weekend(on the way home from KFC), but seem to have just had discharge stuff since; until last night where there was a little blood in it too... I'm hoping that it's a possitive sign... OH just keeps looking at me funny when I tell him... Think it really grosses him out LMAO... One of my boobs too has really started pouring with milk... Typical!?!

Kte ~ I get more movement too when my bump gets nippy... I have found that it's got really cold here the last couple of days, had the heating on yesterday morning, trying not to put it on today, until after we've been shopping... LOL

Oh that sounded good, OH home; time to go out for a while! Catch you later :-D

Huge Congrats LindaK, is such a fab feeling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saw consultant yesterday - and he's given us the all-clear to deliver at the birth centre. Soooo relieved, as I so do NOT want a hospital birth. Not that there's anything wrong at all with our hospital, but hospital birthing doesn't really fit in with my outlook on life and the way I do other things. Anyway, all I need to do now is make it to next Saturday, when I will be 37 weeks, and at that point, assuming no further probs, the birth centre has to accept us :happydance:

:happydance::thumbup::happydance:

Well done you!!

So pleased you got the go-ahead! I have to go for my pre-birth check at the birth centre next week and provided my bloods come back OK there shouldn't be any problems for me either!! Just keep your legs crossed for the next week or so!! lol :thumbup:

So pleased for you xx

So exciting, more October babies!

This is my fourth week off work and boredom has well and truly set in, I've lost that rush I had before to get everything done. There are still a few things I could do, but just never get to doing them.

Oh, and I'm on the last box!!!!!

Bumped into a friend whilst out shopping... She shouted right across the carpark... Look at the size of you! You've increased in 2 days I can't believe how big it's got... It ain't half dropped though... LOL gave as good back...

Managed to get a new hoover too, £36 for a bagless upright (wheels have fallen off the other one...) Rather pleased, may even use it after me nap... Which I'm about ready to take very soon... yawn, doesn't take much to tire me out lol and a walk around tescos works every time...

OH has only just managed to realise I'm meeting him in town to take him to a toy shop just after pay day... He's not the brightest button in the box... DS is staying at my Mum & Dad's this weekend, think he's missed them since being back here the last few weeks... So this weekend would be a good time for babe to show it's head... Wishful thinking LMAO.. Nothing will ever be that easy...

Anybody else got this? I went from not knowing the concept of swollen ankles to having huge nasty blobs on the end of my legs literally within about 24 hours. I checked it with the hospital MW yesterday when I had my consultant's appointment, and she didn't think there was a prob as BP was OK and no headache or protein in my urine. Even so, I'm still just slightly concerned ... but more from a cosmetic point of view. My own MW is on hols at the moment, but I'm seeing her again on Tuesday. If I phone the birth centre or hospital, they'll just want me to come in and then, because it's Friday, I'll end up being admitted for an entire weekend, and I ain't doing it :nope:

So, if any of you know any great remedies for making my ankles nice and thin again, please do pass them on.

Colsy ~ Try raising your feet up and staying off your pretty ankles for a while. Could even try soaking your little tootsies too. I suffered from swollen feet and ankles when expecting DS, I found taking some me time and doing nothing but putting my feet up for a while along with a bit of pamering worked wonders. Even had my ex massaging my achy back too... OH now does it anyway at the moment, god love him xxxx Hope you get back to normal soon...

I'd have apprehensions about seeing mw or calingl midwives too, after my last experience... LOL still not heard from my mw this week, she's suppose to be calling me to arrange coming to the house next week, as of yet no call and I don't want to chase her either... Rather just not see her LOL

Afternoon everyone

Sorry not posted much at all here recently but always reading your posts!!

It sounds like quite a few of us are now experiencing the same things!

My LO was 2/5ths palp at and 34 and 36 week check so will be interesting to hear what he is on Tuesday. Finding it very difficult and tiring to walk now and definitely a feeling of pressure down there!!! Was only in Tesco to buy 2 things and felt like I was having a hot flush!!! Had period type pains in stomach and back for about 4/5 weeks on and off so will probably ignore the real pains when they come !!!! Also noticing an increase in discharge over the last few days (sorry if TMI) and having been feeling quite sick. I hope he is early or on time but I know its not so likely with first babies!! Sometimes it feels unreal that he could come at any time?!!?! And as for the hip cramps at night......I wont miss those.

Hi ladies....

Well I've just spent the best part of an hour on the phone to solicitors etc. I still don't really know what to do. I have to call them back this afternoon to make an appointment to see them in person with all my paperwork....hopefully I can get a freebie as we have literally no money at the moment to spare!

Hubby is off to mothercare to re-arrange the delivery of the pram......I'm really worried it wont fit in the back of the car (my Dad bought it for us) so we may have to shell out for a second pram straight off that WILL fit for short trips etc. (Long haul we will find a way to make it fit as I love it too much - Silver Cross 3D!)

Hubby is also going to burger king to get me a rodeo burger....they're my absolute favourite and so far I have resisted, until NOW!! :thumbup: I feel I need to the comfort food! :flower:

hello everyone!

thought i'd make an appearance in this thread, im constantly being nosey and reading up about everyone and there october bumps! so many babys engaging and getting ready, im jealous!

im due on the 21st, with a little girl, she really doesnt want to get ready, been breech pretty much all the way through, starting to get a little worrying now, i dont like the sound of an ECV and i dont want a c-section, so hopefully she'll change direction soon :dohh:

Hi girls n bumps:flower:

Went for my presentation scan this morning and low and behold the little horror had totally changed position and is where he should be now......typical male already!!!!
He is head down although not engaged, sonographer explained that 3rd babies are usually the problem ones and as my muscles have already had to stretch twice before this time they are very relaxed and used to all the stretching so baby has lots of room to still move around, she did say that if I experience any big movements to phone in and request another scan as he could still turn breech again:dohh:

She also did measurements and he is weighing 6lb4oz, so on target for a nice size baby, not too big and not too small:happydance:

Majorly tired as didnt sleep last nite, was so uncomfortable but DS2 doesnt have playschool today so no rest for the wicked:winkwink: and my house looks like a bomb has hit it and need it tidy before the weekend, so a busy afternoon for us......after Loose Women anyway, lol!!!!

Have a good day girls x

Afternoon all :flower:

aimee-lou ~ I have the silver cross 3d - what car do you have? We checked it in our C4 boot at the time when we got it as the boot space for them is not the best even tho they are quite a large car (my smaller car has better boot space!!) and the space is a little awkward and the pram fits in it no problems. Hope yours fits :thumbup:

:wave: Hello expecting09

Waiting for MW to call me back today, she is trying to get hold of me to book in a session on Tuesday to discuss my birthing plan. I have left her a message as she missed me ealier. Best get thinking about my birth plan a bit more then!!

aimee-lou ~ I have the silver cross 3d - what car do you have? We checked it in our C4 boot at the time when we got it as the boot space for them is not the best even tho they are quite a large car (my smaller car has better boot space!!) and the space is a little awkward and the pram fits in it no problems. Hope yours fits :thumbup:

We have a Renault Megane Coupe......it's about as much use as a chocolate fireguard most of the time. It does have a large boot but the opening is awkward. The back seats are fine though (As long as you have no legs!) so hopefully we will be ok lol. Thanks for that....I love my silver cross and I can't wait to get my own one home. Every time I'm in mothercare hubby has to drag me away. Do you find the ventura infant seat a little heavy though (that's if you have it?)? xx

We have a Renault Megane Coupe......it's about as much use as a chocolate fireguard most of the time. It does have a large boot but the opening is awkward. The back seats are fine though (As long as you have no legs!) so hopefully we will be ok lol. Thanks for that....I love my silver cross and I can't wait to get my own one home. Every time I'm in mothercare hubby has to drag me away. Do you find the ventura infant seat a little heavy though (that's if you have it?)? xx

French cars!!
Ours model is one of these with a funny boot / back end

https://www.channel4.com/4car/media/C/citroen/c4/03-large/04-uk-3dr-black-r3q-s.jpg

We didn't get the car seat as it was 2nd hand off one of OH's friends and they no longer had it. They had barely used it (the pram). We got everything else with it tho (exept the pram liner I had to re-source that too!)

French cars indeed! Ours has had so much attention this last year because it's getting to 'that age' but it's hubbys baby so we wont get rid. I think we're off to the auction in a few months to get a new car for me.....my last car was a fiesta from the auction and it lasted 2 years just fine and only died becuase hubby killed it by fitting the battery the wrong way! lol :dohh: (I also know that the pram would fit NO PROBLEM in the back of fanny (the fiesta!) lol.

Anyhoo - got an appointment with the solicitor on Wednesday. It's a half hour freebie (bless him, they don't normally do that for employment cases!) so I'm so grateful to him. I just want him to look over the paperwork and tell me yes or no.....should be ok. Only downside I have to go on my own, I have no smart clothes that fit (not been at work since May so never bought any!) and I will have to drop hubby off at work at 6am as I will need the car. :dohh: But....at least it's getting sorted. I have given myself a deadline of the 30th September (I'm 37 weeks on that day).......got to be sorted by then!!!!!! :growlmad:

is anyone else always hungry lol... i have no idea why but im so hungry and never full!

Today iv had a bowl of rice krispies, bisquits, and two tuna and mayo and cheese sarnies lol yummm... still hungry!

Never feel full at the min lol =[

is anyone else always hungry lol... i have no idea why but im so hungry and never full!

Today iv had a bowl of rice krispies, bisquits, and two tuna and mayo and cheese sarnies lol yummm... still hungry!

Never feel full at the min lol =[

I am but food tastes rubbish when I eat it :dohh:

Oh my due date is 24th of october :D they think its a girl but legs have been closed everytime

JLo ~ Sounds like your scan went well... At least you've been able to have another peek at LO...

Bootle ~ You're not alone on the discharge front and Braxon Hicks... I'm classing them all as a positive sign that my body's getting ready to get LO out soon(er rather then later hopefully)... Wonder if I shine a torch up there if I could get OH to do for the exit head towards the bright light... LOL

Aimee-Lou ~ We too are at the solicitors on Wednesday... I'd love our case sorted before LO arrives but I've a feeling we'll be lucky if it's sorted this side of Christmas. And possibly a trip to court... Bummer...

OH has been paying emergency tax since working for the agency, he only recieved his P45 from the job centre this week, so hopefully... We'll have some money before christmas from that... Always hopeful...

My new hoover works well, sucked the laptop lead up, ooops... Had to cover the lead in electric tape! Guess I'm in for a telling off once OH gets up...

We've brought a 3 wheeler pram & carrycot for LO I've concerns about my boot space too... My baby is a Mitsubishi Colt Attivo... I love my car!!! But I've not tired the pram in the boot yet... The boot space is small but can be practical, as all the chairs move forward and backwards... I've a feeling that the double seat will be spending most of the time pushed as far forward as it will go, just so the pram will fit in... We keep talking about swapping cars if need be...

OH has a Range Rover, but in need of TLC "head gasket" blew whilst build was being done, so it's sat on the drive until OH gets to it, the house has taken priority since LO is soon to appear... So wouldn't be an issue with pram & boot space if I was to swap... We've brought all the bits for the car to be fixed, so it's just up to OH getting to it... He trained on Range Rovers years ago when he was a mechanic... At least he can work on it otherwise it'd have to go... Money, Money, Money... Dictates an awful lot of things...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->