Official October Team Bumpkins

I've got mine in my house. I only unpacked it though about 10 days ago, because I felt a bit paranoid, but I figured I needed to see if all the bits were there & whether I can actually work it all & stuff, plus OH wanted to practice putting the carseat in & out of the car. I've made the moses basket & cot bed now too & all the clothes are washed, ironed & put in size order in the chest of drawers. I haven't opened anything else though, it's all still in boxes & in the underbed drawer. Dont wanna tempt fate too much!!! Have packed mine & baby's hospital bags now & have almost finished writing my birth plan, so I'm feeling pretty prepared now at least, so if LO does decide to come early, i know what I'm doing.... That being said, I am 99% sure he's gonna be late.

iv had pram here for about 6weeks, in nursery. Used it twice lol couldnt help it then begged OH to put it upstairs because was using it too much =[

Me and OH just been messing about, and he said my boobs smell werid?! i had a shower this afternoon lol. could this be milk? im not leaking or owt lol

I've got mine in my house. I only unpacked it though about 10 days ago, because I felt a bit paranoid, but I figured I needed to see if all the bits were there & whether I can actually work it all & stuff, plus OH wanted to practice putting the carseat in & out of the car. I've made the moses basket & cot bed now too & all the clothes are washed, ironed & put in size order in the chest of drawers. I haven't opened anything else though, it's all still in boxes & in the underbed drawer. Dont wanna tempt fate too much!!! Have packed mine & baby's hospital bags now & have almost finished writing my birth plan, so I'm feeling pretty prepared now at least, so if LO does decide to come early, i know what I'm doing.... That being said, I am 99% sure he's gonna be late.

Haha, since I posted I unpacked it :blush: like you said, need to make sure it's got all the bits. I couldn't get it back in the box though with all the packing so Mum's going to know I opened it :dohh:

Why is it just the pram thing that makes me paranoid? I've washed all the clothes and made the Moses basket and cot as well and that doesn't bother me, I wanted to make sure it was all prepared.

Better go and dispose of the evidence, and see if I can find something to eat that wont put my sugar level over the edge, I just want to eat everything at the moment!

Ok, so it's now midnight, which means it's now 23rd sept officially. So.... I am now 28 years old today! :)
This time back in 1981, my mum was starting to go into labour with me & 3 1/2 hrs late, out I popped. Whilst I hope for a super speedy labour like that too, if my LO dares to make an appearance over the next 24 hrs, I will not be impressed :rofl: 16 days to go till EDD. :)

Happy birthday florabean!

I think we should do what Jamie-Lee Curtis does to her Mum when it's her birthday...she calls her up at the time she was born shouting 'Push Janet' down the phone! If it wasn't such an unearthly hour, I'm sure they'd find it funny (I was born at 11.58pm!! lol)

Well after much swearing, wailing and gnashing of teeth by hubby we have established that the pram is brilliant, fits in the car....just! :blush:.....and is the most annoying piece of equipment ever to enter the house! lol. Hubby took to it straght after coming home at 9 and we sat down to tea after he gave up trying to assemble the pram section at 9.50 lol. It's rather large but came with a load of bits I wasn't expecting, like cosy toes and a rain cover! :happydance: Hadn't noticed these on the spec and had fully expected to have to go and buy them at some point! The whole downstairs now has that smell of 'new' though lol.

I'm still up at 2am...not been sleeping well this last couple of nights - and I have the solicitors tomorrow! :dohh: - so I decided to come downstairs and have a play about on the internet. I've been writing a 'wish list' of everything we need - you know how when youre going from one paycheck to the next you forget things like, yes you do need new towels every now and again! lol. I've sat and priced it all up on Argos (I'm not greedy, unlike hubby who I'm sure would like Viners Cutlery and Christy towels lol) - still comes to something extortionate but at least it's all written down and I can start to save once LO is all taken care of.

I've also started my Christmas shopping list - will be going to the shops tomorrow to pick up some foody stuff so will aim to start the shopping tomorrow too as some of the shops in town have some lovely infant toys like stacking cups and stuff. Not going to go overboard as they wont remember this christmas, and main pressie is going to be a jumperoo, but santa has to bring something! lol :thumbup:

Anyway girls, I really had ought to try to get some shut eye as I'm supposed to be getting up with hubby in the morning so that I can have the car....means a 5.30 am start....hardly worth going to bed. May just curl up on the sofa instead. :dohh:

Will be back on tomorrow afternoon.....going to put new tyres on the car tomorrow - going to be an expensive couple of days as it's going into the bodyshop to have the bumper repaired from the shunt too on Thursday!

Still........as it's past midnight I'm going to shout.....

:happydance::happydance:36 weeks today! :happydance::happydance:

Only one more week to get all this stuff done and dusted.....I'm off to go and sort out baby's bag! I know it's 2am but it makes me feel better lol.

Night night girls xx

Just a quick note to say.....the Travel System has arrived!! It's in the biggest box I have ever seen! lol and I can't lift it - it's 18kg!!!

:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Just the cot to arrive later this week/early next week (MIL is ordering it so not sure when to expect it!) and then we can get everything all sorted out! I'm so pleased......if I go into labour now, we can get baby home!!!! :happydance:

Cool! Mine arrived today as well, hope it's not as heavy to push as the box is!

Have most people got theirs at home now? My Mum is superstitious and doesn't want me to have it in the house, which is why I didn't get t delivered until now but I'm being induced within the next two weeks so didn't want to wait too long. Now I'm worried about this superstitious thing, even though I'm not superstitious!

The box itself was really heavy, then there was hoods and cosy toes and changing bags and packaging all over. It's still heavy but I can lit it no worries.

I'm not superstitious as a rule but I'm at a point now where I just keep thinking that I NEED to get everything sorted out, so I'm not too bothered.

Also, forgot to add....our cot may arrive tomorrow. MIL ordered it on Sunday online so it could arrive tomorrow or Thursday and we're out all day both days. :dohh: Looks like the neighbour will have to hang on to that for me lol...bless her she's already offered to check on the dog and fish and we're to pop a note through the door if we leave in the middle of the night! lol:thumbup:

Right, it's half past 3, I've to be up in 2 hours. Should I go back to bed, or just put my head down on the sofa? Hmmmm...thinking bed purely becuase I've seen 3 of the biggest hairiest spiders in the living room tonight and they might come and get me!! Good news is I think I am over my whole paralysing phobia of daddy-long-legs. They used to really freak me out, shakes, cold sweats etc, but I was just sorting out the washing and one landed right by my hand and I just swatted it away! Go me!! :happydance:

Night ladies xx

Morning all

Happy Birthday Flora :cake:

Well I managed to clean the living room, hoover and got on my hands and knees to scrub the floor. I will convince this baby to come! OH looked shocked when he saw the lounge and promptly told me off.

I treated us to Dominos pizza last night as we were both tired. I seem to be getting up earlier everyday, this baby does like to squirm about in the early hours. :dohh:

Morning All...

Maffie ~ I hear you loud and clear on the early morning front... Had breakie already, not even worth going back to bed yet as DS will be up in half an hour to get himself ready for school... I may just veg on the sofa until then...

Aimee-Lou & Dom85 ~ Sounds like christmas is coming early for both of you... LOL All the boxes, and parcels arriving... So exciting now isn't it? I made up the swinging moses basket yesterday morning, sorted the livingroom so there's enough space for it without having to move too much about... Midwife loved it, DS has even put on it a heart decoration I brought for LO's room... (It says love in the middle, he decided that's where it should stay as then Babe will know it's loved) Aww bless him...

Florabean ~ Happy Birthday Love!!! Hope you have a lovely day, enjoy being spoilt... Well, ok try to rest a little...

Right I'm gonna veg for a while... catch you all later xxxx

Yes it is a bit like christmas at the moment! (Yes I'm up! I went to bed at 4, alarm went off at 5.20, I hadn't slept! I tried to sleep a little more but it didn't happen. Then said to hubby that I really don't feel up to going to the solicitors today so I've been told to cancel the appointment, accept the offer (FX it's still standing! :shrug:) and then plan the shopping spree! lol)

I also planned the ways in which the furniture will be arranged in the nursery and in the front room (having a move around in order to fit in cots, moses baskets, toy boxes, christmas trees! lol)

I've packed baby's hospital bag...only thing that's missing is a couple of cartons of SMA but everything else is in the bag. It all needs tipping out and washing :)dohh:) but I feel better that it's literally that....tip it out, wash, dry, re-pack lol.

eswift - it sounds like you're trying some high pressure tactics to get bubs to make an appearance. Careful you don't over-do it! I've got my checkup tomorrow and 1 week today, bubs can come anytime they want as far as I'm concerned. 17 days until Operation Evacuation starts....wow that's close! lol

G'morning everyone! :hugs:

Morning all

Mumof4: WOW what a stunner he is.. congrats xx I hope he is home with you soon xx

Well girls Sienna and i have done it....

37 weeks today.. We are full term

I cant believe in 16 days she will be here :cloud9: I actually finished my hospital bag yesterday so we are ready to rock & roll now...

I hope everyone is ok.. have a good preggo wednesday girls :hugs:

Congratulations to both of you baby.love!!! Can't wait to reach that stage next week! And on packing the hospital bag......you must be over the moon! :thumbup:

Thanks Aimee & congrats to you on 36 weeks :hugs:

I am relieved about my bag as i have had pains on and off for a few days! all have eased off now but its good to know if anything starts we are ready x

Congrats baby.love. It's strange I feel like birth is so far away but not IYKWIM. It's very strange.

I've not got my pram it's due in the first week of October. I cant wait to test drive it as I didnt get to try the particular model we purchased. I hope I like it.

I seem to have lots of pressure towards my bum today and dont need the loo.... I want all these little signs to just turn into labour!

Morning all

Mumof4: WOW what a stunner he is.. congrats xx I hope he is home with you soon xx

Well girls Sienna and i have done it....

37 weeks today.. We are full term

I cant believe in 16 days she will be here :cloud9: I actually finished my hospital bag yesterday so we are ready to rock & roll now...

I hope everyone is ok.. have a good preggo wednesday girls :hugs:

:happydance::happydance::happydance: congrats it must feel great knowing you are meeting your lo soon, I'm 37 weeks tomorrow!!

I have to call Docs this afternoon for liver function test results - the itch has been driving me nuts, my feet are now white and chalky as I think I must've poured half a bottle of calamine lotion over them last night!

I think bubs has engaged a wee bit further as I could hardly get out of bed at all, I have been having pelvic pain but this was something else, really made me yell out so had to do the rolling over with legs together trick to get up - not as easy as it sounds! Just worried how I'm going to labour if I can't open my legs :wacko:

Happy Birthday Flora :cake:

Hope everyone else has a great day, not much on the agenda for me, just another lazy day :hugs:

Morning everyone!

Well this morning I was wide awake at 4am and had to get up and have some weetabix!! Normally dont have a problem with sleeping - except for cramp and heartburn. Of course, I imagined it was a..............SIGN (ie spurt of energy). :haha:

Nothing happening though......:wacko:

This sign spotting is just like being back at the beginning again!!!

WOOO 36 weeks today! The end is getting closer, suppose I better do my hospital bag today, everyone keeps on at me :blush:

I think Kacie is finally making her way head down, I'm pretty sure I felt her kicking up in my ribs this morning :shrug: Fingers crossed!!

Flora

https://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii149/love2badiva2/hb_bb.jpg

Enjoy your day hunni xxxx

Flora _ Happy bday xxx

Congrats to all celebrating milestones today.

Yes the symptom spotting has officially took over ! I am obsessed with gettint baby out or even engaged.

Hope you all have a nice day xxxxxxxxx

Grrr just wrote a long post and then copied and pasted some work stuff and lost it all!

:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->