Official October Team Bumpkins

I'm back!!
I went with the milky way, very restrained of me!!!
Seeing my reflection as I walked past a car is probably what stopped me buying anything else:haha:
Just having crackers and cheese then will have my milky way with raspberry leaf tea.
I'm with you on the chip front, could happily eat them everyday, curry for tea tonight:happydance:

You girls made me need chocolate, so just bought a big bar of Cadburys caramel..... I think i'll eat it all :rofl: Got a can of coke in the fridge and will have a cup of RLT in a bit.

Pasta and garlic bread for dinner tonight.

I don't know what's for tea tonight tbh....hubby wont be home until 9pm and he's never very hungry at that time. May make sausages and mash with red-wine gravy. sounds good to me!! lol :dohh: I've got a large batch of leek and potato soup in the slo-cooker so if all else fails I'll whip up a batch of bread rolls and hey presto....dinner! lol

decided that I'm going to make a 'cornish pie' this afternoon too.....I just need pastry so if I make that for the freezer then if a smaller version should 'fall' onto a plate for my lunch/tea type meal, then what a shame! lol :happydance:

Mmmmmm food! Really should be doing this sodding paperwork!! :dohh:

hey girlies

Just to let you all know that Mer01's princess has arrived safely into the world :) she is in special care at the mo as she is early and Mer01 is just waiting to go down and see her..,. i will leave all the precious details for Mer01 herself to tell you xx

Just to let you all know that Mer01's princess has arrived safely into the world :) she is in special care at the mo as she is early and Mer01 is just waiting to go down and see her..,. i will leave all the precious details for Mer01 herself to tell you xx

Awww, lovely. So pleased to hear this. Mer has been through a lot and I'm really glad to hear some good news from her. xx

I know bless her she really hasnt had it easy.. but now hopefully she will have a nice speedy recovery from her c-section and be home with her princess soon xx

hey girlies

Glad everythign went well!!! :)

Thanks for the updates babylove.

Thanks for letting us know baby.love! And congratulations to the whole of the Mer01 family! :flower:

Hmmmm- all this food talk is making me hungry! My mum emailed me my grandmother's recipe for chicken corn chowder, so I think I'll be tackling that this afternoon. Freezer is filling up nicely. I've been indulging in junk lately too- ice cream has become my guilty pleasure :) I've ben dragging my hubby out on nightly walks and I think he's starting to realize they usually involve a trip to the gelato store in our neighbourhood or the grocery store to buy a carton of ice cream!

It's exciting hearing about all these October babies coming early! All the best to Taylorsmummy and Mer01. I hope they get things ready for you soon Taylorsmummy.

I'm counting down the 6 days til our due date, but pretty sure she'll be late. Anyone else getting impatient? Had lots of BHs yesterday and stabbing twinges in the cervix, but I'm still waiting for some "real" action.

:hugs: to all those who need them!

Morning all. I've noticed that quite a few girls know ages in advance that they're going to be induced on a certain day, and I was just wondering why this is. I can understand an elective caesarean being planned in advance, say if the baby's breeched, but why do some girls have to have an induction planned in advance, often before their due date?

im getting induced because i have had a kidney transplant and they dont want anymore stress on the transplant than is needed.

well, im a bit pee'd off with my midwife. i havent seen her or spoke to her in 8 weeks and im getting induced next monday. So i have no birth plan, and no idea wether baby is engaged or not. Is it unreasonable to expect her to try and contact me about this stuff?? she is supposed to come out when you get home and see your doing ok with baby but somehow i cant see this happening! :shrug::shrug:

hope taylorsmummy gets started soon :)

HELLLLLOOOOO ladies! Just wanted to jump on here and give you a quick update on our dear Chaos:)
She is at the hospital being checked right now. She is having contractions, but says they are not "regular". She is waiting to get checked by the Dr. but is thinking maybe it is early labor.
I am going to hang tight for an update from her before posting anywhere else, but wanted all you Bumpkinsl to know what is going on!
Let's keep our fingers crossed for her, girls! She's right here at the end and a nice progression into labor and then little Autumn would be fabulous!
Good luck, girl!:hugs:

HELLLLLOOOOO ladies! Just wanted to jump on here and give you a quick update on our dear Chaos:)
She is at the hospital being checked right now. She is having contractions, but says they are not "regular". She is waiting to get checked by the Dr. but is thinking maybe it is early labor.
I am going to hang tight for an update from her before posting anywhere else, but wanted all you Bumpkinsl to know what is going on!
Let's keep our fingers crossed for her, girls! She's right here at the end and a nice progression into labor and then little Autumn would be fabulous!
Good luck, girl!:hugs:

Wow great news ! I really hope this is it for her ! xx

Oooo Fingers crossed for chaos... Hope everything goes well...

It's quite exciting hearing about these's possible and actual arrivals... Bring home how soon it could be for anyone of us...

congrats to mer and her safe arrival xxx and goodluck to Chaos too xx fingers crossed
Im having a sweep done in the Morning to see if it will move me on, very uncomfy now at all times and i really cant wait any longer to meet my son xx Very nervous about the sweep though

Hi girls hope everyone is ok.

If anyone is interested i have a breast pump thats not been used that im not gonna bother with. Free to first person who pm's me and i will put it in the post tomorrow.

I got it from someone i bought my doppler from and she never used it but it hasnt got the original box.

Also got a box of unopened raspberry leaf tea going, i still have a box im using but being induced on friday so i wont use the 2nd box.

Congrats to Mer01 :)

Congrats to Mer01, looking forward to any updates :hugs:

Fingers crossed that this is it for Chaos!! Oooh, so exciting! :D

Also got a box of unopened raspberry leaf tea going, i still have a box im using but being induced on friday so i wont use the 2nd box.

Just in case you decide not to give your raspberry tea away, it is also really good to drink after you've given birth for a couple of months as it helps to get your uterus back into its pre-pregnancy shape and keep it nicely toned.

xx

Just in case you decide not to give your raspberry tea away, it is also really good to drink after you've given birth for a couple of months as it helps to get your uterus back into its pre-pregnancy shape and keep it nicely toned.

xx

Makes mental note...must get RLT!! (Still haven't and I've been meaning to for 2 weeks!!)

xx

that sounds good but i really cant stand the taste of it - ive drunk so much of it lately it just makes me gag now lol

Evening all,

Well it has been a long long day. OH is a star doing all that driving. I took my hospital bag and LO's too just in case and . . . nothing happened! Better to be prepared. It was obviously quite a sombre and delicate day but LO was such a wriggler all day, I have never known them be so active all day. I kept on getting what I think is a bum stuck under my ribs! Cheeky!

Taylorsmummy ~ hope they have seen you now and good luck!

Mer01 ~ congrat's on your little girl :flower:

Chaos ~ fingers and toes crossed for you!! (will get LO to do it too!)

sam76 - Good luck with your sweep tomorrow :hugs:

aimee-lou - nice idea about the sewing machine. I bought one a few years back with the best intentions but it was re-claimed and it got stuck in reverse and I haven't used it since! lol. Then again, I did design tech at school, i'm not the best at sewing. A button has come off my maternity pants and I have yet to sew it back on lol :dohh:

Florabean ~ Hope you start to feel better soon. :hugs: Glad your MW answerd a lot of your questions.

I haven't started to massage. I am not sure if I will. It's not exactly easy to do and OH would certainly not help with that one!!

I agree, I really really need to remember to get some of RLT too, I will make it my Thursday mission (pay day lol)!

Re: Junk food ~ oh yes, although I have a hankering for a fruit salad right now . . . but usually I am after something nice and sweet. Here is a pic of OH's yummy cheesecakes he made yesterday!
105_2045.jpg

Well, it's soon :sleep: time. Can't wait. Work tomorrow and then 36 week MW appointment in the afternoon.

:hug: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->