Official October Team Bumpkins

Awwww your nephew sounds soo cute Flora! Sounds like you have a busy but fun day tomorrow, hope you have fun!!

Colsy, yep I have tried everything under the sun, on all fours cleaning the skirting boards (LOL, my mum liked this one ;) ), swimming, shining a torch at the bottom of my bump to get him to go in that direction...Think he has attempted to turn a few times as my bump has gone some lovely weird and wonderful shapes but still feels like his head is at the top, could be pleasantly surprised though at MW appt...we will see.

I will keep you all updated :)
x

Daunta just had her baby girl today- her hubby added a post on p4, I think of this thread: https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-third-trimester/198258-oh-my-4.html

Good morning (well, it's still morning here- good afternoon to most of you!)

Eala- good luck with labour- I hope it's quick for you! This forum is getting exciting :)

MeggieMoo88- :hugs: sounds like a rough couple weeks. I totally sympathize with the feeling of being robbed of that happy birth experience if you can't have the skin to skin contact since the docs have warned me that they want to take Emma straight to the NICU after her birth (although things are looking up in that regard now and I might get a brief cuddle). I cried for like a week when we had our neonatology consult back in August. Is there any way that they might be able to allow you some skin to skin time (maybe with some help from your OH holding him to you) while they sew you back up? If it's not an emergency c-section, maybe there is a compromise that can be made with the doctors? :shrug:

Taylorsmummy- hope the pain subsides for you soon! Enjoying spending time with your little man? :)

JLosomerset- I'm convinced my sweep isn't gonna work either- I have another appt booked for the 8th too and they said they could try again at that point too.

Eswift- I love your prebooking a time for "natural labour" to occur :) Sunday would be perfect- OH won't be at work, nothing planned for Sunday so it would be a good way to pass the time :)

Well, it's freezing here so I'm rethinking what the baby will be coming home in (aka, good excuse to go shopping for more baby clothes). Think it's time to tear myself away from the computer and get out the door! Maybe some walking around will induce some baby action too :)

Hope everyone is having a good day :hugs:

Congrats to Danuta! And good luck Jo and Eala!
Looking forward to all the updates!
It's getting sooooo exciting around here! Finally, the Bumpkin Patch is the place to be:rofl:
We went for a hospital tour last night and were shown all the facilities they have. It only lasted 45 minutes or so, and there were 3 other couples. One woman is due on Monday and looked like she might just fall over in the hallway. This poor woman's ankles were as big as my thighs, and I ain't skinny!
YIKES!
They basically gave us the rules and rundown on what we can/can't do, who can be where and when, and all that good stuff. There was a girl who was 3cm already with her twins who are due in November. I think the three of us were all hoping we would just start labor and not have to come back later:rofl:
Starting to get nervous from all the posts I keep seeing about being in labor pain. Everytime a new odd sharp pain hits I get fearful that the big pain will start soon!
Either way, it is hard to keep up with this thread now. It's not about buying "stuff" for the LOs anymore, and really not about how miserable we are(ok, it is in some cases, still) but it's starting to get pretty action packed. I love it. Logging in everytime I can to see who is next!!!

jo just a quick update, jo is waiting for a bed on labour ward which should be at 4.30, hopefully once there they will be able to break her waters. As its not her first baby she can only have 1 pessary so fingers x its worked for her. Updating from my phone so hope it comes out ok. Will keep u all posted on her progress x

Wow - i haven't had a chance to look on here in ages. I just popped on and can't believe it!!! I s'pose it's no surprise that the Oct bumpkins have started to arrive but it's still shocked me!!! I'll try to have a read back through to catch up!!

Congrats to Chaos!!! And anyone else who's had their LO!

I'm 37 weeks today! Full term - woohoo!!! So hopefully we'll get the home birth that we want!

Good luck to everyone else too! xx

Hello all!
Congrats to Danuta:happydance:
Good luck to Jo79 and Eala:hugs:
The October babies are coming thick and fast! I'm celebrating 37 weeks today!!!!!! I can't believe how quickly this has come around. The OH is on tenterhooks, calling from work all the time to make sure i'm okay, bless him. I keep telling him that he'll be the first to know if something happens and that i'm hoping the little one has a few more weeks of blissful cooking before arriving! I thinks i have an excited daddy on my hands:cloud9:

Congrat's amandas and harmonybunny on 37 weeks :happydance:

The October babies are coming thick and fast! I'm celebrating 37 weeks today!!!!!! I can't believe how quickly this has come around. The OH is on tenterhooks, calling from work all the time to make sure i'm okay, bless him. I keep telling him that he'll be the first to know if something happens and that i'm hoping the little one has a few more weeks of blissful cooking before arriving! I thinks i have an excited daddy on my hands:cloud9:

My OH is freakishly excited too. He bought his own hospital bag, wrote a big list, packed, it... repacked it... added lucozade & mini chedders, lol. He filled his petrol tank up, epmtied the car of rubbish (he's such a McD's junkie), keeps his shoes by the side of the bed now, and has permission from his boss to have his phone on him all the time, just in case. When I came in from my sister's the other day, I found him pushing the blinking pram around the living room!!!!!!!! Literally peed myself laughing at him & he went all red, bless him. Can't complain, at least he's interested & excited; I'd be totally gutted if he didn't care, or shrugged everything off all the time like my nephew's dad did.

My OH is freakishly excited too. He bought his own hospital bag, wrote a big list, packed, it... repacked it... added lucozade & mini chedders, lol. He filled his petrol tank up, epmtied the car of rubbish (he's such a McD's junkie), keeps his shoes by the side of the bed now, and has permission from his boss to have his phone on him all the time, just in case. When I came in from my sister's the other day, I found him pushing the blinking pram around the living room!!!!!!!! Literally peed myself laughing at him & he went all red, bless him. Can't complain, at least he's interested & excited; I'd be totally gutted if he didn't care, or shrugged everything off all the time like my nephew's dad did.

My Oh is super excited too, he can't wait to become a Daddy :cloud9: He has his hospital bag packed too and is always calling to make sure me and LO are okay. He said for the two weeks he is off work he will have LO as I have hogged them for 9 months!! He tried to speed things up the other day by putting chilli powder on my scrambled eggs!

:rofl: @ the chilli powder Kte!!!!!!

The way my OH talks & acts, it's like I am gonna drop any second & that it's gonna be this really quick, sudden thing where he's gonna have to literally put his shoes on, throw the bags in the car, throw me in the car & break every speed limit on the planet to get my to the L/D ward, pmsl!
I did try to explain to him, that it doesn;t work like that, and that I could be in labour for days, or have to go in for a planned induction or whatever, but I dont think he really understands- to him it's all dramatic & pain & urgency... In a strange kinda way, I hope he's right & that it is all quick n stuff, but that would just be far too convenient & my luck is not like that, haha!

The way my OH talks & acts, it's like I am gonna drop any second & that it's gonna be this really quick, sudden thing where he's gonna have to literally put his shoes on, throw the bags in the car, throw me in the car & break every speed limit on the planet to get my to the L/D ward, pmsl!
I did try to explain to him, that it doesn;t work like that, and that I could be in labour for days, or have to go in for a planned induction or whatever, but I dont think he really understands- to him it's all dramatic & pain & urgency... In a strange kinda way, I hope he's right & that it is all quick n stuff, but that would just be far too convenient & my luck is not like that, haha!

I know! He snuck it in the cheeky git . . . weirdly though, it actually tasted quite nice! :haha:

It would be nice if it was over that quickly! x

An update on Eala, her waters have gone and shes on her way into hosp now :D

My Oh is super excited too, he can't wait to become a Daddy :cloud9: He has his hospital bag packed too and is always calling to make sure me and LO are okay. He said for the two weeks he is off work he will have LO as I have hogged them for 9 months!! He tried to speed things up the other day by putting chilli powder on my scrambled eggs!

We should be glad that they're so interested lol! It really is adorable. The other morning he says to me, " no wonder you can't sleep, i had my arm on your tummy last night and i could feel him shoving at it! It woke me up. He is sooooo strong (insert look of utter wonder and disbelief here lol). So cute. He's such the strong silent type so it just makes me die of cuteness when he comes across all vulnerable and excited like this:cloud9:

Yup, mine is the same! He is panicking so much that he'll be at work when i go into labour and he wont make it to the hospital on time. He has even arranged to go from work the minute labour starts. I keep reassuring him that there's no rush, we're gonna be in it for the long haul but he just can't help himself, bless.

Hey guys ive gone overdue :devil: got a sweep booked for tue, but im praying for something to happen before then! can i have some labour dust and some fingers crossed please! xx:cry:

Bana, dust, good vibes etc are being sent your way. You trying all the usual stuff like walking, bouncing, bumpy car, sex, spicy food etc etc etc? Or you just gonna wait for the sweep?

:wave:what do you get if you overcook a septembryo?...a bumpkin!...hi gals hope your all doing well i just thought i'd come say hello as i am now officially gunna have a bumpkin of my very own...i was due 24th sept and am now obviously overcooking this baba....

i had a sweep donr this morning and have been booked in for induction on tue the 6th oct...so this time next week i'll have my baby boy with me :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->