Official October Team Bumpkins

Heyas all, can I join Team Bumpkin's? ;) I'm due October 4th :)

I can sympathise with those of you who have annoying midwives - I'm actually transferring my care from my community midwife to the clinic at the maternity hospital, as I'm just fed up with the one I have just now. She's unsympathetic, judgemental, and a right moany moo!

/hugs to everyone who's feeling meh, here's hoping it gets better :)

Welcome Eala...and I don't have an annoying MW, just an annoying MIL! I love my Dr, and after hearing some of the stories on here, I am very thankful for that!

Hi ladies, not been on since yesterday morning and loads to catch up on!!!
Had midwife yesterday, she is so miserable, no personality at all, dont see her till 28 weeks now, seems ages away!!

That's outrageous, are they not suposed to see you every four weeks?

Hi Girls and Bumps,

I've read everything but am too exhausted to give everyone personal replies tonight, am falling asleep on the sofa lol, but I just wanted to let bubbness, lepaskilf, Laraa, katet26 and Eala that your due dates have been added to the front page :)

Ok I'm off to :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep:

Have a great night lovelies :)

:rofl:Good Morning Ladies!

I've been awake since 4am today; woke up so thristy. Had a drink tried to go back to sleep, cough splutter cough sneeze, then needed a wee; then at 5am my stomach then started grumbling! So I've had sugar puffs at some ungodly hour, guess breakie 2 will be earlier too:rofl:

It's gonna be one long day, I'm open to offers on a nap later...

Mum and sister are off shopping today, OH is going for an interview today. I'm gonna take DS to school, then come home and see about tackling the ironing. It's now starting to bug me :hissy: but building up to do it has been a task and a half... Why do some jobs just not want to be done???

I might pop into work to take my sick note in and might approach the issue about what I'm going to be doing when I get back, still not sure if I'm up to all the walking, might be lucky and they think I'll be a health and safety risk. Always hopeful :blush:

Hehehe just realised I must be feeling tons better as that's the 1st time in weeks that the thought of going back to work hasn't repusled me!!:happydance::happydance:

I'm gaining energy!!!:wohoo: Anyway if I'm gonna be of any use today, bet try for another half hour before it's time to get DS up...:rofl: Otherwise I might not manage my domestic goddess ideas into practise:rofl:

Have a lovely day Ladies, hope you all have a wonderful day!!!

Morning all :wave:

I am rather excitable today as tomorrow we find out if we are team pink or blue :yipee: The weather is lush and the weekend outlook is great, so after the scan we are going shopping

Hope everyone is ok xx

Good morning ladies!

How are we all this morning?

Eswift - it sounds like you're feeling much better. Good luck to hubby at his interview!

Well it's friday and normally I would be overjoyed but I have to work (granted only the mornings!) both days this weekend. I then have the BH off then start an 11 day stretch! At least I'll get 2.5 days TIL to take later in the month! 1 of which I will have to use for my scan but still! It makes it a lot more bearable.

Other than that all is ok. Spoke to my Dad and I should be taking delivery of a brand new silver cross pram next week.....(he wants to make sure we have it in time!:rofl:) and I'm so excited!

Have a good day girls. I have what promises to be a busy day in front of me!

Hi ladies, not been on since yesterday morning and loads to catch up on!!!
Had midwife yesterday, she is so miserable, no personality at all, dont see her till 28 weeks now, seems ages away!!

hiya mate, my mw was the same when i was pg with hollie seen her at 16wks then was supposed to see her at 28wks but couldnt fit me in and well you know the rest. Kick up about it or just make an appointment to go earlier she cant refuse to see you :hug:

Morning all :wave:

I am rather excitable today as tomorrow we find out if we are team pink or blue :yipee: The weather is lush and the weekend outlook is great, so after the scan we are going shopping

Hope everyone is ok xx

Im excited for you for tomorrow!!

Djgirl1976-Thanks! No not really loving being pregnant myself .. i hate even saying that to be honest I feel so guilty, I am soo happy we are having a baby and cant wait to meet the baby but the restrictions are a killer and im only 14wks god knows what i will be like in a couple of wks/months .... I wasnt a party animal but I loved my girls nights out , getting new dress, hair done etc and heading out now that seems like miles away before I am going to be able to do that again and it is sorta getting me down (how silly there is worse things in the world) but thats how im feeling.... Only thing is my best friend has announced she is 8 wks pregnant so that has made things a little better that I dont feel all alone.

I think I really need this weekend away and maybe next week I will feel much better.

Ive had days that Ive felt this way too. Not so much the nights out but more the amount of fat Im piling on!! I worked sooo hard to get it off not so long ago! I know that sounds very selfish but I can't help it,hate the days when I feel like this. Luckily,today is a good day for me..had a chinwag this morning after school run with a friend,who is 5months pregnant,she cheered me right up.

Baby.love - Hope you have a fantastic day! Enjoy your shopping too..:cloud9:

Aimee-lou - Just think after today you've got a long weekend to relax... Thank goodness... It's gonna be like Christmas when your pram arrives how exciting... We have unpacked and repacked ours and everything else we brought.. Just have to have a look...:happydance:

Sounds like a few of us are having the same sort of issues with the mw's I guess it either their case loads are heavy or it's one of the requirements for the job. Or am I just being too judgemental??? Maybe...:blush:

Been and seen the house today, as we were passing... So exciting, weve almost got a roof!:happydance: Hehehe and due to the bank holiday the inspector won't be there until Tuesday:dohh:, to pass that bit, then the ply, felt and tiles can go on!!:wohoo: The builders had even started to put the studs up for the walls too, We can nearly see how big the rooms are going to be...:happydance:

Saw some material in Boyes yesterday, seriously thinking about making curtains and bedding for the cotbed myself; It was proper winnie the pooh and friends, for £3.50 a metre. I brought some Curious George Fleece to make a blanket for pram or moses basket; it just cried out to be brought.:blush: It's so bright and funny it's just so DS, showed him it, he thught it was wonderful for babe.:rofl:

I came to the conclusion that I'm carrying a piglet, I had breakie at 5.30 and had to have another by 9am. DS nearly wet himself when I told him this morning, OH just looked on with his mouth open at DS's reaction. It was a proper belly laugh...:rofl: Bless...

Morning pretty ladies~
I am of for a long day today.
Just thought I would collaborate with anyone else who is starting to feel like a little old woman! LOL
Last few days, geting up off the sofa or anything comfy(like the bed) has been a chore and then I seem to hobble around for a minute before standing straight!
I could be in for it here in the next few months-I am not even that big yet.
Think it might be related to the old sciatic nerve...it has given me some issues pre-preg, so this should be fun...LOL
At least I can laugh about it:)(probably becuase I see the end in sight-namely October...LOL)
Hope you are all doing well!

Morning pretty ladies~
I am of for a long day today.
Just thought I would collaborate with anyone else who is starting to feel like a little old woman! LOL
Last few days, geting up off the sofa or anything comfy(like the bed) has been a chore and then I seem to hobble around for a minute before standing straight!
I could be in for it here in the next few months-I am not even that big yet.
Think it might be related to the old sciatic nerve...it has given me some issues pre-preg, so this should be fun...LOL
At least I can laugh about it:)(probably becuase I see the end in sight-namely October...LOL)
Hope you are all doing well!

Aww im hobbling around like an old woman too lol Mine is sometimes sciatica which i suffer from when im not pg but my mw also thinks i have SPD so has referred me to the hospital for it. OH has had to lift me up off the sofa or the bed sometimes when it gets really bad

I'm hobbling about as well - and it's a sciatica-like pain that's causing it! Been getting clicking pelvis too, but my mw just told me it was nothing and to go to aquanatal. Down to my "extra padding" again! Thank goodness I'm getting rid of her!

Eswift, that's so exciting about your house!! When is it going to be finished?

Morrrrrrning Girls n Bumps,

Ah its amazing what 10 hours :sleep: :sleep: does for a girl haha. I don't know how I even made it to bed! I feel quite refreshed today, I even feel like going to work doesn't even bother me, although I suspect that has something to do with the fact it's a half day today lol.

Eswift ~ I always wake up really thirsty in the night, then I wake up needing a wee lol. Its an evil circle. I used to try and ignore it and go back to sleep but it don't work no more so I begrudgingly get up and do something about it. Practice for when the lil one is born! :)
Good luck for your OH's interview today. Shall keep my fingers crossed for him.
I think we're gonna do Whinnie the Pooh for our lil one too. I love Pooh bear haha. I saw this article the other day on making really easy changeable curtains for the baby. So at the top of the window stick a valance (I think that's what they are called) and then you make your own curtains, and put Velcro on the back side and then they just pull off easy to wash.
Eswift ~ We built our house last year, It was awesome to see the progress of it and how quick it when up. I took pictures and blogged it for my family if you're interested in looking. At some points it felt like we'd never get in here.

Babylove ~ You'll not be able to sleep tonight with excitement. I didn't last weekend lol.

Re the not enjoying being pregnant ~ I'm LOVING being pregnant. I'm really proud of my bump (and the boobs that go with it!!). I mean sure it's not easy, I'm exhausted, I've put on weight, I had horrid nausea, I've had sciatica most days to the point I can't move and skin a 14 year old would be proud of, But really? I don't mind it because I know all the spots, the stretch marks is my body being amazing and at the end of it is going to be a beautiful baby.
I had a MC in 2003 and .. you can't even explain what you feel when you have one, its devastating, it feels like you've lost your heart and honestly I don't think you ever get over it, so this makes it even more special. I know its gonna be a big change of life and stuff like Friday night movie date with the OH etc are going to be on hold for a while, but I really don't care, and I know I'm going to get stretch marks, and my social life is going to go to pot, But I don't care because I've been waiting 6 years for this and all this hardship now is going to be for my beautiful daughter.
But HEY, at the moment? While my body is the baby sitter? I still go out, (Obviously not all the time, I'd be asleep by 9am at the bar haha) but make sure its a non smoking pub. I even went out to my sisters 18th lol. I only made it till 11pm, but I went out!! ;) Man I felt old amongst all those 18 year olds lol.
The only real thing that kinda gets me down about being pregnant sometimes is being so far from friends and family and missing the excitement they are feeling. But eh, its a choice I made in moving and they've already booked their tickets for October lol.

Djgirl ~ Hey, lets hobble like lil old wimmin with out sciatica together :rofl::rofl: Gawd, what a pair :)

Ok the lil girl is telling me to go eat a loaf of bread and get ready for work.

Have a fabulous day lovelies :)

Djgirl ~ Hey, lets hobble like lil old wimmin with out sciatica together :rofl::rofl: Gawd, what a pair :)

Ok the lil girl is telling me to go eat a loaf of bread and get ready for work.

Have a fabulous day lovelies :)

:rofl:I will gladly hobble around with you anytime you need the company, "Little Miss Thing"....(at least then we will both look silly..:rofl:)
Go feed your "passenger" and get to work!

Hi Girls how we all feeling xxx babylove goodluck for tommorow, i cant wait to hear!!! wish u all the best, we hopefully find out on Thurs!!!

I suppose I get the afternoons off and hubby is off so plenty of relaxing in the garden (if the weather holds!) - off to check BBC weather!! :happydance:

Hello all, well we all sound much more positive today even those with sciatica issues. Maybe this feeling better in second tri is actually true and not just a myth lol!!!

I just saw the Johnson's bedtime routine advert on tv - OMG I can't wait to get to that stage!!

Anyways, I digress, I thought it was 20 weeks before you can tell the sex but as some of you like baby.love seem to finding out about the 16 week mark I take it I am being dumb?!

Oh to find out or not to find out. I just want another scan lol, whether I find out or not!!! Is it good use of the health in pregnancy grant to buy two private scans lol?!!!

Leo - Our HIP grant is earmarked to buy 500 litres of oil......I'm sure the government didn't envisage that use for it!! :rofl: You spend it on whatever you want to make your pregnancy better for you....I don't know about you but by 25 weeks I'll have gotten used to the £15 a week extra of fruit, veggies and other random shopping items....I think we deserve a treat or to spend it on something that will help us!!!!

That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it!! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->