Official October Team Bumpkins

Heya Sam, yeah it seems so natural calling my bump Toby :cloud9: I cant wait to have him tearing around with his big brother... Good luck tomorrow hun xxx I know how it feels its so blooming exciting isnt it, but nerve wracking to incase baby is laying wrong, just down some fizzy or redbull that should sort that out :)

It seems like they always want blood for something! In the letter for my 16 week appt they told me to bring a urine sample as well.

Most girls are asked to take a urine sample to every midwife visit, every scan and every other pg-related visit. It's generally to check for protein, ketones and glucose to see whether maternal diabetes or a urinary infection is developing.

I think 16-week bloods are generally for the Down's testing, so if you don't want to know re the Down's risk you may not need that particular blood test. They will likely want blood again between 24 and 28 weeks - this is to test maternal antibodies (rhesus factor) I think.

Morning ladies, hope everyone is feeling good today :)

I'm still in shock at being up this early (I'm very much NOT a morning person), but there was a bumblebee in the bedroom this morning, so I was out the door in 5 seconds flat :lol:. Didn't know I could still move that fast!

I went for a long dog walk yesterday today with a very good friend, and it seems on the one hand to have helped the left hand side of my back, but on the other hand, I now have pain/clicking in my right hip joint at the front :lol:. Ever feel like it's swings and roundabouts?

Am meeting my Mum for lunch today (and possibly some shopping /guilty!). Hope everyone has a good day, and that you're getting the same lovely sunshine as we are!

boots have some really cute cream outfits, ive seen one im tempted to get but its short sleeves and no legs. there is a cute little cardy to go with it but that still leaves the legs bare. what do you think? its going to be cold in october i reckon.

when is anyone starting on their nursery and getting cots etc set up? i cant wait but am thinking after the 20 week scan it should be safe??
x

Hi girls!

I need a shoulder to cry on!

My work situation just got 10x worse! I suppose blessing is I'm still in a job which is one thing. Hubby got involved becuase work had shown no sign or inclination to got my risk assessments, maternity rights or anything done. I was and still am under tremendous pressure to go into work - even though I am so stressed I am permanently shaking and can hardly sleep at night! I have made myself an appointment at the Dr's for first thing monday morning to hopefully get something done about it but I don't know what they will do. I just spent 20 minutes in the loo's crying after my 'interview' turned into a farce completely and I feel totally humiliated!!

Do you think the midwife will be able to do anything tomorrow? I feel like when I was at school, scared to go in the morning becuase of the bullies! It's that feeling of dread mixed with total anger at yourself for being so small and weak! Feel like asking Mum if she will call in for me!! :rofl:

Other than that I had a good haul on ebay last night - £29 including postage for 1 x Jeans, 1 x cropped jeans, 3 x blouses, 3 x vest tops and 2 x BNWT nighties! Woohoo! At least a little retail therapy will always get me through! :happydance:

Hope we're all having a good day ladies xx

Hi all, my god am i in pain today :cry: OH even had to take my jeans and socks off last night feel so helpless sometimes.

On a good point though 17 weeks today :happydance:

aimee-lou thats awful, noone should be able to get away with making you feel like that. hopefully your midwife will get you a sicknote or something? x

Aimee- Lou I am so sorry you are being treated so badly !! Hope its gets sorted for you soon xxx :hug:

Thanks girls. I think I just needed a good moan. I've stopped crying but the stress is not helping and I feel so ill. Going to take myself off to the canteen at 12 and have a decent lunch as I reckon that food may bolster the old spirits.

Thanks girls.....and hopefully the midwife will help tomorrow! :hugs:

Hi All,

Can I be added to the list too, I'm due the 30th October. The morning sickness seems to have passed now thankfully, but I am now developing a bit of a bump and on the hunt for some nice maternity wear.

Sorry to hear about your work situation Aimee-lou, hope you are feeling better today :hugs:

I'm new here & straight away found this thread so I'm really pleased! I too am due in October (the 9th, according to my 12 week scan).

How is everyone doing? Anyone got any names picked out yet?

So far, my pregnancy (this is my first) is going really well. I've had no problems, other than slight aneamia which I've got iron tablets for now, so I'm really thankful.

Just one quick Q tho: Has anyone else lost all interest in sex & anything to do with sex what-so-ever??? It's like I've died inside, lol & I feel really bad for my other half. He's been sex starved now for 3 months, despite trying everything to get me going, so to speak. He's got to the point where even he's starting to give up now too. Will my libido kick in again soon???

Anyways, I look forward to reading through everyone's posts & hope you're all having happy, stress free pregnancies, if there is such a thing!?!

Hey Florabean congrats & welcome to BnB and to our bumpkins thread,

Now to answer your question SEX! someone needs to remind me what it is as i seem to have forgotten, the thought of sex is a NO NO at the moment, my mojo has gone along with my waistline :rofl: Its normal to not want sex hun.

Flora welcome! I know exactly what you mean about sex. My drive is slowly starting to come back but poor OH was sex starved for 2 months!! Got very frustrated bless him.

Chaos - yes I am feeling a little better today. Going to speak to the midwife today about getting signed off for a week or so cos I'm just exhausted and my job is not one where you can really take regular breaks or take things easy. Especially as we are currently 7 babies over our supposed limit and usually at least 1 staff member down per shift!!

Taking my housemate with me to the appointment today cos I'm too scared to go by myself. Hate blood tests and have gotten myself totally paranoid that she isnt going to be able to find the heartbeat with the doppler today lol.

well ladies time for some lunch, chicken noodle soup for us today :D

What is everyone else having?

Littlekitten good luck with the MW hun, :)

I'm having a jacket potato with cheese. Followed by a scone with clotted cream and strawberry jam mmmmmm. Does anyone know what will happen if she cant hear the heartbeat?

I'm having home made vege soup, coz I have random pieces of vege left in the fridge that needs using up, lol. (1 carrot, 1 potato, 1/2 an onion, 3 tomatoes, and a radom bit of brocoli... I'm unimaginative when it comes to cooking, so a soup was all I could think of to make today, hehe.)

Ooo flora you could do a stirfry with that. Add a bit of veg stock and will be yummy.

I'm having a jacket potato with cheese. Followed by a scone with clotted cream and strawberry jam mmmmmm. Does anyone know what will happen if she cant hear the heartbeat?

Hun dont panic, i am 17 weeks and Toby's still right down in the pelvis so his HB is sometimes still hard to find... :hugs:

Little Kitten: last week it took the midwife quite a while to find my baby's heartbeat, & I was really starting to panic, but suddenly she found it and it was the biggest relief. She said the baby was still quite low & nestled in my pelvis 'like a little hammock,' so that put my mind at ease. I hope your appointment goes well.

A stir fry? See I would never have even remotely thought of that!!! Got my tesco shop being delieverd later so I can totally pig out with my OH tonight when he finally gets his butt home from work. hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->