Official October Team Bumpkins

Hi girls!

The letter was my triple test results!!

We are catergorised at low risk - 1:100,000!!!!!!!!! I've never seen one that low! :happydance::happydance:

Some good news to end a crappy day...and tomorrow is my MW appointment. Hubby can't make it but I'm hoping to get signed off and that baby is willing to share the heartbeat! Can't wait to hear it!! :happydance:

Thanks for the support girls. If you get signed off (never had a sick note before) does it start immediately?

That's such fantastic news about your test results! really nothing to worry about there then! I am still waiting for my results but my MW did say I would only get an actual number if I turn out to be high risk, if I am low they won't give me a number. I hope it is low, of course, but it will be infuriating not to know if I am 1:251 or 1:251,000!!! Wish I had gone for a private NT test now... I am 34 so borderline OLD!

Good luck with the mw tomorrow - I'm pretty sure sick lines start straight away. You'll probably need to take or send it in though, don't just wait until you go back to give it to HR or whatever. They might be funny about paying you then. You won't have to take it in person though - send hubby! Your work situation sounds dreadful - have you thought about contacting citizens advice? Just hang in there if you can - only a few months to go then you get to spend lots of lovely time with your baby while them b*stards have to pay you for it! You might not even have to go back!

Just going back to the neutral clothes chat (sorry - I was away all weekend so still catching up!) I saw cute babygro's in Next - one says 'I Love Mummy' and one says 'I Love Daddy' but they are white with brighter colours, not pastels. Nice for a change!

Whew! I had to catch up on a couple pages...welcome to the new gals!

I am feeling much better, just a bit of congestion to get rid of, but that's not bad!
I met my mw on Monday, and she's so great! We listened to the hb and heard it this time! Last time I was at dr's we tried, and couldn't, so that was exciting! It was at 145...sounded like a train at first and then a horse!
I've tried a few gender predictors and one says girl, one says boy! lol! Guess we'll see which one was right!

:happydance:Glada you're feeling better, hun!
Congrats on the HB, too:)
Yea, I think those gender predicitons are a joke, but, of course, the best way to know for sure is when LO is here!:rofl:

Thanks Lorrilou! Shame you don't get the number but to be honest, hubby worked out that even if you are high risk it's still only a small chance. Hope you don't get your number!! (now that's an odd wish! lol)

Yeah I'm hoping that I will be able to start tomorrow. I have a Dr's appointment for Monday just in case I have to be referred......I'm still not sure as it's not in my nature to say I NEED time off, but right now I'm so stressed...spent about 30 more minutes crying when I got home. Calmed down a lot now....I think the roast chicken crisps helped!

Love the sound of those baby gro's - I love brighter colours and I think (like you) they're a nice change from pastels.

I'm still trying to resist buying anything but maternity clothes, but it is getting more difficult as the weeks go buy! Since we are staying firmly on team yellow, I think we'll just get some basics in advance and then go mad once we know what colour to get. Don't want our wee one's first days with us to be a complete cloud of beige!!!

mmmm... roast chicken crisps.... in a sandwich with salad cream... oh my god my mouth is watering just thinking about it!!!! My latest craving is mini babybels. Sadly my healthy craving for crunchy apples seems to have worn off!

oh yeah!!!!!! .... hubby just phoned to say he's on his way home and agreed to pass by a shop to get fresh bread and chicken crisps... I am the luckiest girl alive!

Aimee-Lou see what you have started...

Same here lorrilou! I've bought nothing but maternity clothes so far and intend to keep it that way until after the 20 week scan...then shopping galore. I'm hoping to find some nice green clothes but i'm not having much luck!

oh yeah!!!!!! .... hubby just phoned to say he's on his way home and agreed to pass by a shop to get fresh bread and chicken crisps... I am the luckiest girl alive!

I'm sorry :blush: I don't mean to be a trouble maker! :rofl:

thankfully I have a very understanding husband. He does think I am a bit mental though.

:loopy::loopy::loopy:

thankfully I have a very understanding husband. He does think I am a bit mental though.

:loopy::loopy::loopy:

Always handy to have an understanding husband...you never know when they will come in handy! :)

Hi ladies, glad were all doing well :happydance:
On the neutral baby clothes front, bhs had some lovely stuff in there last week, really reasonable prices to, it's one of those places you forget to look in!!
3 weeks today I (hopefully) find out my team :happydance::happydance:

We looked in BHS the other day and it had like 2 racks of baby clothes lol. Think I need to find some bigger shops lol.

Evening Ladies!

Boy have you all been busy on here today..

Aimee-Lou;:hug: Good Luck tomorrow. Your sick note if you get one starts straight away normally. Hope you mw is nice, as I know I've had a day when all I could do was cry too. OH was so understanding about it, I still couldn't tell you what it was all over. Have a feeling it was my sister issue playing on my mind when I woke. But still not really sure..:hugs:

As far as neutral clothes go, that's all we've brought clothes wise; rather than plain white, yellow or green. We managed to get some really sweet cream/beige ones with teddies and animals on. Rather reasonably priced too, babygro's, grow bag and wraps; all tasteful - well I think so anyway:rofl:.. We been all over the place as I didn't really want yellow or green..

We ended up in 'Boyes' I'm not sure if they have them all over the place, I know we have them up north. I really don't tend to shop there but I've been really pleased with my buys. :happydance: And I got my cosies toes from Mama & Papa too... - I'd been into shop 4 times to see that they still had one and with 30% off had to be got...:rofl:

Anyway, best get my little self to sleep soon, up at 5am; It's really not going to be good...:sleep:

Good evening gorgeous girls,

Would have popped by sooner but got in after a knackering day and :sleep: on the couch until now :dohh: HATE doing that!

Bubs is trapping a nerve in my hip so badly I'm having to have an injection in it tomorrow - yikes, am terrified.

Glad everyone ok- Aimee Lou YAAAY on your results and WTF for your horrible horrible bully of a work - put the address on and us bumpkins will go and sort it :grr: !
Sicknote would be effective immediately, you've got to put yourself first over this and hopefully your midwife will be lovely and agree. xx

Wow.. took me ages to catch up!! :rofl:

Thanks for all your well wishes girls :hugs: and thanks again to Honey for updating eveyone :friends:

Ok yeah im out now, i came out about 4 ish, i updated my journal and forgot to come here :blush: sorry :blush: heheh

Im so glad to be home! I hate hospitals. All they want to do is stab me, steal my blood and constantly dip things in my wee :rofl::rofl:

I was supposed to have an early night tonight but ive had a lot of BnB catching up to do :lol:

Hope your all ok! :hug:

xxxx

I'm so bummed. I have read about all of you finding out the sex of the baby and I STILL haven't!

The hospital policy here is so lame. I am stationed with the hubby in Japan and they won't tell anyone the sex of the baby anymore. I don't know why!

Some friends of ours who are also expecting said that when they went for their 20wk, the radiologist hinted, but wasn't allowed to say it aloud. "Here is his foot. Here is HIS heart..."

I'm just so jealous that most of you are only 16 weeks along and already know. The hubby and I are so anxious!

On the positive side... LO is kicking like crazy. Hubby hasn't been able to feel it yet, b/c it seems to only happen while he is at work or sleeping. haha
Has your daddy's been able to feel the little one move?

Evenin' Girls n Bumps!

Woah you chatty lil Bumpkins!

We have tornado warnings here at the moment! Prolly will just be a bad storm though.

So I'm 19 weeks tomorrow, 1 week to go and I'll be half way there! :happydance:

I made this little collage (sp?) to show my ever growing belly from 4 to 19 weeks. I'm in such shock that I'm 43 inches around! lol. I was 41 inches around 3 weeks ago and 19 weeks ago I was only 32 ;)

So here it is:

https://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/ChaoticOtter/Forum%20uploads/BnB.jpg

Anababe ~ It's great to see you back :) :hugs: Glad you're feeling better.

keerthy ~ I'm glad you had a good OB visit :)

Eswift ~ I'm totally nesting at the moment, I even have the want to scrapbook for the first time in 5 months lol.

h702 ~ I'm thinking of starting on the babies room. The thought of painting it tho after just painting 3 rooms and a garage in our house really makes me cringe. I came across something called "Decals" today tho, they are stickers you can put on the wall, in basically anything you want. Sayings, cartoons etc .. and if you get bored you can just peel them off and change them with no damage to the wall. I think its a great idea .. more so as the kid grows and tastes change. I'm also going to be making my own wooden letters in her name. I refuse to pay 5 bucks a letter off these sites when I can get them for a buck a piece and make a better design my self ;)
I think when we all decorate our nursery's we should put pictures up on our FB group of it!

aimee-lou ~ I'm sorry you're having a rough time at work, I'm glad you MW signed you off for a bit. Stress isn't any good to anyone!

Jo ~ Aww I hope you feel better soon. Have a nice warm bubble bath. :hugs:

Snowy, florabean1981, daphy ~ Due dates added. Welcome to the group! :)

florabean1981 ~ I'm glad you're having a good pregnancy. Re sex, yes, I in no way, shape or form want it. *Totally* off it lol, much to the husbands horror!

littlekitten8 ~ Glad you're feeling better :)

baby.love ~ Hubby took me out for lunch today, I had rainbow trout as a treat. I LOVE fish so much, all this restriction on it is horrid! lol.

lucilou ~ OMG you made me want chicken crisps!! They don't do flavours like that over here :cry: I think everyone should make me some over along with 43 boxes of chomp bars! Ktnx :)

Mommyw/Baby2 ~ Can you not go for a private gender scan? It's what we did or we'd have to wait till week 28. Me? Wait that long? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ok I better feed this husband before he tries to cook for him self :shock:

I'm so bummed. I have read about all of you finding out the sex of the baby and I STILL haven't!

The hospital policy here is so lame. I am stationed with the hubby in Japan and they won't tell anyone the sex of the baby anymore. I don't know why!

Some friends of ours who are also expecting said that when they went for their 20wk, the radiologist hinted, but wasn't allowed to say it aloud. "Here is his foot. Here is HIS heart..."

I'm just so jealous that most of you are only 16 weeks along and already know. The hubby and I are so anxious!

On the positive side... LO is kicking like crazy. Hubby hasn't been able to feel it yet, b/c it seems to only happen while he is at work or sleeping. haha
Has your daddy's been able to feel the little one move?

Hi hon,

I am in a similar situation. I am in India right now and will be here till the 7th month and I wont be able to know the sex of the baby.

It is illegal to find the sex of the baby before birth! :( Such a Shame :dohh: ......
But I have no option but wait!

Guess everyone is enjoying shopping for their little boys n girls!

Anababe - Glad ur back! :hugs:

Chaos - Lovely bump pictures! Mine is also growing @ a similar rate!

I have been really tired since yesterday! Having severe leg pains ...... and severe headache.... Had been out in the sun yday 36 C. I was crying last night 'coz I couldnt bear the pain. Had a nice oil head massage from my husband and a balm which helped me to get back to my sleep!

I am just waiting to back to UK asap! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->