Official October Team Bumpkins

Good luck with the scan baby.love

Mornign all had a bad day of sickness yesterday at work and they kept asking why aren't you working where were you so one girl when I left the room said she's in work and throwing up constantly and you do know she has high BP. She really stuck up for me.

Need to sort loads of stuff for ebay this weekend I have loads of clothes im never going to wear and most is new :dohh: hoping to go see the pram I think I want too. Just hope the rain stays off as sick of getting wet on the bike.

Good luck with the scan baby.love

Mornign all had a bad day of sickness yesterday at work and they kept asking why aren't you working where were you so one girl when I left the room said she's in work and throwing up constantly and you do know she has high BP. She really stuck up for me.

Need to sort loads of stuff for ebay this weekend I have loads of clothes im never going to wear and most is new :dohh: hoping to go see the pram I think I want too. Just hope the rain stays off as sick of getting wet on the bike.

Work can be such a ball ache some times!!!!!! Its good that some one stuck up for you!

Which pram are you thiniking of getting.... I have not got a clue! I need to start reading some reviews. All i know is its got to be good 'off road' living in rural wales demands that at least!!!!

sorry - did not realise i was posting in the october girlies threed..... hope no one minds !!!

Morning ladies... "Mr Aimee-Lou" here, AKA Drew. Lazy Leo I'm a bus inspector so I am by no means more clued up than the next person when it comes to these things, although I flew through a biology A-Level and fully expect to be doing a biology degree soon (I was looking at going into medicine, but now I would rather go into teaching). Baby Love, I used the "boy bits" as an orientation... If they are saying the bits are down there, it would make sense that everything else would be, but as you were there, you'd obviously have a better idea! Hope your scan this aft goes okay! and for the record, I've got a tenner on a boy for you... Anyone else wanna take the bet? (also for the record I have 10quid on us having a boy... I had a really vivid dream in the delivery room meeting him for the first time!)

Afternoon girls hope you are all feeling well and beginning to bloom?
Got me triple test results back this morning and they have come back as 1 in 290 which is a negative but I cant help thinking its very close to the cut off point. I'm 30 and average is 1 in 900 for my age group. At that level they do not advise amniocentesis and to be honest I want to stay well clear of that. Has anyone had similar results, am I just panicking myself unecessarily?

Morning Drew! I am betting boy for Leah too hehe.

Good luck with your scan this afternoon Leah hunni. Hope you get a definite result this time. Will be thinking of you.

I am having to stay on Team Yellow cos OH has put his foot down and said there is no way he wants to find out. And I'm fed up of the arguments so I am giving up lol.

Spent all this morning panicking cos I hadnt felt Titch move since the day before yesterday and its a pretty active baby. Then as I was laying there thinking....hmm I think I will phone the midwife in a bit...2 little kicks hehe. As if Titch was saying 'It's ok mummy I was just having a lazy day....I'm fine really!' Hehehe.

I dont think im feeling kicks yet. I sometimes feel a bit weird in my stomach but dont know what that is

Hi, hope everyone is well. Just back yesterday from 1 week in Menorca - was very relaxing and good weather but for all those going to Spain - get saving!! Prices have definitely rocketed since our last trip.

On a good note, 20 week scan is 1st June so not long to wait :)

xx

I know what you are saying hun and thats what i thought, but the company who scanned me are paying for me to have another scan as they agree the last one was inconclusive, i have also been told that the pic pointing out "boy" bits isnt correct as the part they are pointing to is far to high up to be genitals, I obviously trusted him at 1st as i have over 150 items of boys clothes which i have brought within 2 weeks :dohh:

https://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/ChaoticOtter/Smileys/thud.gifhttps://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/ChaoticOtter/Smileys/thud.gifI thought I had a lot of outfits with TEN haha

Morning ladies... "Mr Aimee-Lou" here, AKA Drew. Lazy Leo I'm a bus inspector so I am by no means more clued up than the next person when it comes to these things, although I flew through a biology A-Level and fully expect to be doing a biology degree soon (I was looking at going into medicine, but now I would rather go into teaching). Baby Love, I used the "boy bits" as an orientation... If they are saying the bits are down there, it would make sense that everything else would be, but as you were there, you'd obviously have a better idea! Hope your scan this aft goes okay! and for the record, I've got a tenner on a boy for you... Anyone else wanna take the bet? (also for the record I have 10quid on us having a boy... I had a really vivid dream in the delivery room meeting him for the first time!)

Hey Drew!! :)

Biology degree .. pffft, I aint being funny but most men can't find their willy to hit that big empty circle in the middle of the loo, never mind locate it on a scan ;) :rofl:

I reckon BL is having a boy also :)

Good Afternoon Ladies!!

I sure that baby.love is having a boy too...

Mr Aimee-lou; you did really well to make anything out of the picture as to me it just looked a blurr...

I'm hoping to find out what we're having when we go for our scan. DS is so excited about it too, he's hoping for a boy, so he can teach it to be a menace. OH is hoping for a girl so he can be twisted around her little finger and I'm convinced it's a girl. Either way we could be totally wrong and end up with another terror and along as we get through this wee'll be fine, can't change it anyway... It'd be nice to know as they couldn't tell with DS as he kept his bit well hidden... Not that he hides his body away now; and always shakes his backside at us when he gets out of the bath, at the top of the stairs on the way to his bedroom to get dressed... Little sod! But he's so funny...

Today has been another long day, was in work for 5.30 and on my way home at 9.30! Had breakie 2 and lunch; quick snooze on the sofa and when I woke. Mam and Dad were ready to go away in their caravan for a week... Bliss... Feel as though I can let out a big sigh...

Going to try to do a small scrap book with DS this week and try to keep him away from the pc for a while as since we've been here he has spent far too much time on it and had far too many late nights. He's arguing a lot with us and crying at some of the daftest things. He's shattered, but my Mum keeps over ruling us for bedtimes, sweets and I'm sure you get the rest..

Have a lovely weekend!! Hope the weather improves very soon - fingers crossed!!!

Just felt the need to post this, as other girls out there who feel like me might be reassured that they're not "abnormal"! We were in Sheffield yesterday and, because we were passing, we went into Mothercare World. It was horrible! I haven't been into a Mothercare shop since I was a very young child, and now I know why. Blimey, there is so much more we can do for our children than simply spend, spend, spend -- and yet, if you have so much as five minutes in Mothercare, you'd think that spending money is the only thing you can possibly do to make your new baby a happy baby. We looked at some prams and felt completely uninterested -- eBay, here we come instead.

If you feel the need to go out and buy lots of things for your baby, I defo suggest a trip to John Lewis instead. The staff are helpful, are generally over the age of 14 (MC, take note!), and know what they're talking about. Plus, they actively encouraged us to not buy certain things because people only use them for a short time and so they're a waste of money. Good on you, JL.

Rant over. Bump growing. And wishing I was going on holiday. xx

Doesn't sound like a good mothercare experience Colsy. Glad that JL was better for you. Mr Drew Aimee-Lou I think you did a great job on the scan but I am not taking you up on your bet as I do believe you are right!

Eswift that's tough with the parents. I hope you manage to put your foot down soon.

Glad titch moved for you littlekitten. My wee one moved las weekend for the first time (i thought) but I've had nothing since :(

And for your viewing pleasure .. 20 weeks pic. Half way there :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

https://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i260/ChaoticOtter/Forum%20uploads/20weeks.jpg

Just felt the need to post this, as other girls out there who feel like me might be reassured that they're not "abnormal"! We were in Sheffield yesterday and, because we were passing, we went into Mothercare World. It was horrible! I haven't been into a Mothercare shop since I was a very young child, and now I know why. Blimey, there is so much more we can do for our children than simply spend, spend, spend -- and yet, if you have so much as five minutes in Mothercare, you'd think that spending money is the only thing you can possibly do to make your new baby a happy baby. We looked at some prams and felt completely uninterested -- eBay, here we come instead.

If you feel the need to go out and buy lots of things for your baby, I defo suggest a trip to John Lewis instead. The staff are helpful, are generally over the age of 14 (MC, take note!), and know what they're talking about. Plus, they actively encouraged us to not buy certain things because people only use them for a short time and so they're a waste of money. Good on you, JL.

Rant over. Bump growing. And wishing I was going on holiday. xx

We don't have a mothercare over here, but we do have babys r us. I was very over whelmed when we went in. There are so many versions of one product. Craziness.

They do have some nice stuff in there tho. And not outrageously expensive either. We put a pram on our registry that also is a car seat and a toddlers pram. Is like 160 bucks .. around 100 quid. I thought it was a really good deal seeing as it would last a few years. Then we just put essential stuff on like bottles, sterilizer, a bouncer, a bath, a sling and that's it. All that crap in there, I never remember having all that stuff when my brothers and sisters were born. It was a buggy, a changing mat, a nappy bag, a bouncer and a crib and that was about it lol.

Hi girls! I too think it's a boy for baby.love - and Drew did a great job of interpreting the scan....took him ages! :rofl: He'll be really chuffed to see how many responses he got. I'll ring him and let him know as he was nervous about writing on a 'girls' forum! :rofl:

Good day today, had a healthy breakfast then to ASDA - spent far too much money but it's 2 weeks shopping so don't suppose it's too bad.

Hope we're all having a good day....I'm off for a nap now as the shopping really took it out of me....as did the amount of parents dragging their children around the shop on a saturday afternoon (I don't normally shop at that time and now I remember why!!) I have even had to take a paracetamol as it gave me such a headache!

Sorry to hear about your Mothercare experience colsy....if you think that's bad try Mama's and Papa's!! It's about 25% more on top of mothercare for basic stuff....and if you want to dress your child to match the decoration then yay, you're in the right place! (no offence to anyone shopping there - I will probably get a couple of bits from there but it's all so expensive!). I know what you're saying about the 'spend and you'll have a happy baby' mentality....I think it's a sign of the times tbh as it never used to be like that. We tend to go into places like that witha very definite list otherwise it's going to be a very expensive venture!!!

We have a list of what we are getting and we arent buying anything else cos otherwise we would need to take out another loan just to have the baby! Luckily for us alot of stuff is getting bought or donated to us. Our list so far....

Cot - nan
Pram - mum and OHs grandparents
Moses basket and curtains - OHs cousin
Baby bath, steriliser, bouncer, clothes - baby sister
Blankets, nappies, toilettries, clothes, baby monitors - my parents
Car seat, clothes, towels - OHs parents.

Woah baby brain just struck. I just sat down with eggs and toast for breakfast and went to cut it and discovered I had 2 knifes :blush:

Hurry up back Babylove,you have us all in suspenders again :rofl:

OMG OMG OMG it's my gender scan tommorow!! Im so excited but nervous too! Will be here tommorow night with the results as when weve had the scan we are planning on going into Leeds for a look around the shops.
Anyone want to have a guess on the sex for fun?

No sickness,just mild nausea untill around 10weeks
Not much of a bump but weight piled on hips and stomach
spotty
HUGE boobs
hairy :rofl:
addicted to salt n vinegar crisps

None of those things are probably relevant to the sex but hey it's just abit of fun. For the record, I am thinking boy. Not sure why,just a gut feeling. Also if you look at the pic of my 12week scan (my avvie) it looks like a boy cos of the big belly lol

Hurry up back Babylove,you have us all in suspenders again :rofl:

OMG OMG OMG it's my gender scan tommorow!! Im so excited but nervous too! Will be here tommorow night with the results as when weve had the scan we are planning on going into Leeds for a look around the shops.
Anyone want to have a guess on the sex for fun?

No sickness,just mild nausea untill around 10weeks
Not much of a bump but weight piled on hips and stomach
spotty
HUGE boobs
hairy :rofl:
addicted to salt n vinegar crisps

None of those things are probably relevant to the sex but hey it's just abit of fun. For the record, I am thinking boy. Not sure why,just a gut feeling.

Its a Boy! I bet you lol
I was same as you and found out was having a boy monday xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"