Official October Team Bumpkins

Morning all, babylove, hope you your resting!!! feel really tired too today, hope all is well, off to work now till 5pm, Roll on Maternity leave. ha ha

Good Morning all!

After having a lovely day yesterday I am so tired today! Guess I overdid it!:rofl: We're posting the letter of complaint to work today as it took me almost all of monday to put together so I hope it makes some difference.

Going to spend today clearing out the study...it's going to take a lot as the rubbish is at eye level.....whoops! :rofl:

Have a good day ladies....just had crumpets and I'm now contemplating having some more....I'm starving!! :rofl:

Morning ladies, hope people have a good day today!

On the "yay" side of things, our anomaly scan was fine on Monday, which was wonderful and a huge relief (just realised I've not posted about it yet, doh!). Didn't find out baby's sex as s/he had their legs together with the cord between them, and wasn't for budging :dohh:. But everything measured fine, all healthy, and babs was very active, so yay.

On the "not-so-yay" side of things I feel crap. I've just started a new clinical placement, and I'm in an elderly orthopaedic trauma/rehabilitation unit. This ordinarily wouldn't be a problem but it's a heavy ward, it's a short-staffed ward, and I'm concerned about what i should / shouldn't be doing. Didn't get my risk assessment yesterday as the ward manager disappeared in the afternoon. My SPD/PGP has flared up badly lately. Luckily I have a physio appointment this afternoon, but I am in so much pain and I'm really worried about not being able to complete this placement. It'd cause all sorts of problems in terms of cutting short / taking time out of my mat leave etc etc.

I'm trying to be positive, and hopefully the physios this afternoon will be able to give me an idea of what I should/shouldn't do so I can take that info to my risk assessment tomorrow. Just feeling really crap and down about it today :cry:

Sorry for the moan :(

hey eswift, hope you hear some news about your dad soon x

im feeling pretty crap today, full of cold and not sleeping much :( still at least its a long weekend coming up x

Keerthy - there is loads of places to rent here in Headington (which is where the JR is) and its where I live. You will love it here honestly.

Mornin' Girls.

I got the house to my self for a few days .. hubby is off to Hollywood in FL for some kinda geeky tech thing. I also have my 5 month check at the OB and then I'm going to a "Mum" meet tonight in the local area. First time I'll be meeting any of these ladies. Lets hope they don't eat me! haha

Ok I gotta scoot, am running late. Have a great day :)

Hey Chaos! Have fun at the 'Mum's' meet thing, sounds like a great idea...

eala...:hugs: hope you get some rest and can feel a little better...
and to all of you with colds...well, you gave me one!
Had no idea you could pass one by the computer, but turns out, I am blaming each and every one of you sickies!
One week till my 20 week scan! Yay! I am going to have to start taking a vote on what people think I am having. Seems to be a trend here.
And today, I finally get my shag busted. It is about time. That is all I can say. My hair looks like crap!

Hi Bumpkins!!!

eswift: I hope ur dad gets better soon! :hug:

I just wanted to stop by and say I have a job interview tomorrow! :happydance: It's just a telemarketer position, but right now, I will take anything to qualify for maternity leave...I'm keeping my fingers crossed. They have full-time and summer positions available, and the summer pos. will take me to my 600 hours to qualify for mat. leave! I figure I have a better shot at the summer job than the regular full-time...wish me luck!

Good luck Cinnamongirl!!!

Chaos, hope you enjoy the "Mum" meet :)

Thanks djgirl, the physio was really helpful today, and the upshot is that there's no way I can complete this placement, it's ridiculous. Tried to contact the Uni, but no-one there (typical) so will hopefully get hold of them tomorrow and have a rant :lol:

Back from doctors and blood pressure has shot up again, been signed off for 2 weeks and she thinks I may end up on long term sick to protect health of baby and myself. Hopefully will try to relax but I have doubts that will happen with the shite life I seem to have.

Afternoon ladies

Good news my 20 week scan has been moved forward... It was meant to be 2 weeks today, but now it is next friday :happydance: I cant wait to see my princess again.

:hug: to all that need them xx

Maffie: do try to take care of urself!!!
baby.love: great news! I'm pretty excited for my scan next wednesday also!!! Hopefully I will find out what team we're on.

ah maffie, sure your lucks going to change soon xx just try and rest and make the most of a couple weeks off. take care xxx

I just wanted to stop by and say I have a job interview tomorrow! :happydance: It's just a telemarketer position, but right now, I will take anything to qualify for maternity leave...I'm keeping my fingers crossed. They have full-time and summer positions available, and the summer pos. will take me to my 600 hours to qualify for mat. leave! I figure I have a better shot at the summer job than the regular full-time...wish me luck!

Good Luck!! I hope everything goes well, go sell yourself!!

News on my Dad, I feel so relieved I managed to speak to him today. I had an odd feeling to call my Mum about 4 ish, phone rang but no answer. Not to worry... Went into tesco's and my phone rang, it was my Dad!!:happydance::happydance:

I was so shocked as I hadn't expected to talk to him, they'd gone for coffee in the little cafe at the hospital. So, he called me back. I was so stund all I could say was, 'oh, hello it's you? What are you doing calling me? Are you ok? I mean really ok! It's so nice to hear you.' that was all in one breath before I'd calmed down enough to talk to him properly. I was so glad I was somewhere so public as it ment I couldn't break down and cry... Which is what I wanted to do - I was talking to my Daddy...:blush:

Anyway, the up date was he might be coming out today or tomorrow; didn't know which. As they're a long way from home, one Dr was going to send them all the way home if he came out and the other DR is saying if he stays in another 24 hrs he can go back to the caravan, and come home for next week. I think Dad's quite happy for either option, to me the caravan option sounds good as it gives him time to wind down before coming home. Plus he can't drive now for at least 3 months so we've to go down at the weekend anyway, which means we can take the awning and everything down as he's not able to do that or much at all.

I feel so much better for having had the chat to him, it really has eased my worry. He's going to be off work for a long time too, right up until after babe is here. I hope that we can spend lots of time together as he's going to need an awful lot of looking after for quite some time, if work keep me on early starts and light duties I can go help my Dad after work, so Mum can still go to work and nobody looses money. OH has also offered to help where he can too.

Guess this is going to be one of thoses time when the family is really going to have to pull together. I am so glad he's better than he was, he's in no pain and feeling an awful lot better than he did. He did mention that there has been some damage, but not too much.

Dad said Dr's were trying to argue as to when the heart attack has actually happened, they think either Thurs or Fri; Dad thinks it was Friday. Which is when he came home for the Gaviscon liquid I have, as he felt awful. Then went back to work, Dr's were trying to say that because he went to work Saturday it's unlikely, but Dad went to work Thur, Fri & Sat and they've walk since being down there even the day he went to hospital they'd had the dog around the lake 1st thing that morning. He still thinks it was Friday. I think he should know which day was the worst to him.

Sorry it's so long but I'm so happy and thanks girls for you ind thoughts and wishes xxxx:hugs:

Glad to hear you spoke to your dad Eswift and he is doing ok.

I have a feeling i'll be on BandB more while im off sick. Hope I can stave the boredom away.

Aww Maffie :hugs:- I just read your post, I hope you start to relax soon. You have been through an awful lot just recently with OH Dad etc.:hugs: I've found as long as I keep thinking things have really got to start looking up and keep thinks in a vague perspective I can cope. I've been trying to keep smiling, some days it's hard; I keep setting myself small goals and having little treats...

If I start with the feeling sorry for myself, I'd end up in tears about everything and if I was to start the tears flowing I'm not sure when I'd stop. We've had a year from hell, not that I'm trying to play down the time you've had - please don't take it that way... At the moment there doesn't seem to be any solutions to any of the problems. I keep thinking there's always somebody worse off.. The house is bricks and morter. OH has got agency work, which is better than no job at all. Dad is alive, just gotta take time out for a while. I've got OH and he's got me, we'll get through all this together...:hugs::hug:

:happydance::cloud9:We've got a babe on the way!!!:cloud9::happydance:

Maffie, Please just try to relax - I have found that it took me about a week to properly relax into my time off. Now I know I'm back at work next Tuesday but I'm not dreading it. Hope you feel better.

eswift, glad to hear your Dad is feeling better....you're right. You have to keep positive. There are more blessings than curses in this world, it just depends on your perspective!

Well I'm hoping to have a productive day today. I've already bathed the dog and changed the bedding as he completely stunk it up this morning...I think he must have rolled in something. I'm just waiting for the water to heat back up before I can clean the bathroom and do the little bit of washing up and then I'm put a film on and do the ironing before trying to start the filing. Ooooh sounds like I may actually acheive something!

Oh and.....we won the lottery!!:happydance::cloud9::happydance: Only a tenner but I've never won anything on it before....it's got to be a sign!!

Right, I'm off to go and check the progress of the emersion heater!! :rofl:
Have a good day girls and I hope the weather there is better than here!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->