Official October Team Bumpkins

Hi gals...well, I'm back from my stupid job interview. As u can tell, it didn't go well. I did get offered the job, but...it's 100% commission (which means I won't get a mat leave cuz it's considered 'self employed'), and it's door to door sales!!! I tried that years ago, and quit after only 2 weeks, as it was really hard...it's totally not what I am looking for, but they were sympathetic to me and told me I could have it if I want...but, on the brighter side, I just got off the phone with someone who is interviewing me for a work from home position, and I have a second interview tomorrow evening! I was praying for a miracle, and I might get it yet!

Now, the only thing I have to complain about is the 2 HUGE blisters I got from my shoes today!!! I'm really hoping something comes thru 4 me!

Hope everyone has a lovely evening...mine just got a bit brighter! :flower:

Ooh, keeping my fingers well and truly crossed for this second interview tomorrow!! Best of luck with that, hope it goes really well :hugs:

Yes, good luck with your 2nd interview. There is no way I would do door to door sales, either. I know how annoyed I get with people coming to my door all the time, assuming I am not working because I am home. Drives me nuts. I try to be nice, but somedays I know I am not that nice, and they are out walking around exhausting themselves to make a dollar.
Hope the other job works out, hun!

Good Luck with the interview....things come up when you need them so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Today is my day in the study. I didn't manage to get in there yesterday so I'm spending the entire day in there today as I have a few things to get sorted out and I need the paperwork.....which is in there!! :rofl:

I sent my letter of complaint to work on Wednesday, send it Special Delivery and the proof of delivery showed it arrived and was signed for. God I wish I was a fly on the wall for that one. We will have to see what happens when I go back on Tuesday.....eeek I'm not looking forward to that! :hissy:

Have a good day girls....btw has anyone else seen the predictions for the weather next week.....going to be a scorcher....bloody typical. I'm back to work in a tin office which goes to about 40 degrees in the sun, and we've got this type of weather....best get a big bottle of water to see me through! :rofl:

Off for my scan now... Have a good day girls :)

Hope your scan goes well Neon. Im stuck at work today but about to have a nice bacon toastie so am happy lol! Hope everyone's having a good day! xx

Hope you have a good scan Neon, didnt get chance to ask if you are finding out the sex.

Look forward to seeing the pics x

thought i'd join you ladies :D

im due october 21st with my first, i dont think ive been so excited in all my life!

Hi girls,

Well I'm officially scared out of my wits now!

I got a letter today from work in response to my formal complaint. We're to have a greivance hearing about it on Tuesday afternoon. Oh my god! Well good news is my boss is not allowed to do it because it's him I'm complaining about, bad news is I have to be in from 9am so will have to try to keep calm for the entire morning....I don't know how I'm going to cope with that. I know they cannot sack me but they can discipline me if I'm found to be in the wrong. Hubby is pleased as it means they are taking me seriously but I'm seriously not good at stuff like this! I know I'm going to end up a wreck! Going to call the union and get some advice later on about how to handle it. Huby is going to ask at work if anyone can come nad sit in with me as I need someone with me and hubby is technically banned from site....(long story!). As you can see this has gotten messy......I'm so scared now! :cry:

Hi girls,

Well I'm officially scared out of my wits now!

I got a letter today from work in response to my formal complaint. We're to have a greivance hearing about it on Tuesday afternoon. Oh my god! Well good news is my boss is not allowed to do it because it's him I'm complaining about, bad news is I have to be in from 9am so will have to try to keep calm for the entire morning....I don't know how I'm going to cope with that. I know they cannot sack me but they can discipline me if I'm found to be in the wrong. Hubby is pleased as it means they are taking me seriously but I'm seriously not good at stuff like this! I know I'm going to end up a wreck! Going to call the union and get some advice later on about how to handle it. Huby is going to ask at work if anyone can come nad sit in with me as I need someone with me and hubby is technically banned from site....(long story!). As you can see this has gotten messy......I'm so scared now! :cry:

|Are you in the union? If so you can have a representative in with you, you van also have a colleague you feel comfortable with. I've been through a couple of grievance procedures, one i asked for and one against me and both went in my favour but its still nerve racking. I was bullied for months and was hard to stand up for myself so I can understand how you are feeling.

|It might help to write down a list of things you want to say as they give you oppertunity to say what you want and they ask questions and you can ask questions. Also if you need a break at any tyime you can have one, also if they want to hold it somewhere you aren't comfortable doing so, ie where your boss can walk by they have to respo9nd to your requests.

Thanks Maffie...I am a member of a Union but i'm an individual member. It's highly unlikely that I would be able to get a Union rep to come on Tuesday afternoon. I'm going to call them in a bit once I've calmed down a little....this has undone my 2 weeks stree-free in 1 morning!!!

I think I have a good case really as I have laid it all out in letter form and shown the problems I have. I just know I'm not good in these situations, particularly at the moment. I hope that they will allow hubby to come in but again that's highly unlikely.

Hi Aimee,

I imagine you may very well have seen this is you are like web surfing.....but it is quite useful........hope all this doesnt ruin your relaxing time off, when i have something on my mind I try and say to myself that I am allowed to worry about it for a certain amount of time each day, then have to try and put it to one side and enjoy the day......easier said than done.:blush:

https://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/ResolvingWorkplaceDisputes/Grievanceprocedures/DG_10037797

:hugs:

Yes, good luck with your 2nd interview. There is no way I would do door to door sales, either. I know how annoyed I get with people coming to my door all the time, assuming I am not working because I am home. Drives me nuts. I try to be nice, but somedays I know I am not that nice, and they are out walking around exhausting themselves to make a dollar.
Hope the other job works out, hun!

:rofl: I know what u mean! Last time I did it, I was selling door to door oil changes!!! I felt so ridiculous, and most people just looked at me funny! I would've too though! And thanks!

Aimee, I really hope they let u bring someone in with u, as this is a stressful situation, and u don't need more stress! I hope u can still relax a bit. U'll get thru, just remember to breathe slowly and stand ur ground!

I am pretty confident that I will get offered the job today, as the interviewer and I had a great rapport etc, and we experienced a bit of the 'small world' type of thing...his parents actually owned an ice cream shop in my hometown that I used to go to when I was a kid! It will be telemarketing from home, but I can work as much or as little as I'd like, and I can even do it once Peanut is here, so that will be good. I'm not too keen on the cold-calling part of it, but u gotta do what u gotta do!

Thanks ladies for all ur encouragement! I truly feel like ur positive vibes are working! Hope everyone has a fantastic day!!

Hey everyone...

Having resigned myself to being on team Yellow after hearing rumours that the hospital I had my scan at don't tell you the sex, I am pleased to announce we're having a little BOY! :blue: So I am officially on team BLUE!!!! :) Am very excited. Went straight to Babies R Us & my OH bought all the blue bedding & bath set things they sold, LOL! :crib:

My boy was upside down, with it's head down in my bits, hands stroking its cheeks & then decided to do the splits for the rest of the scan, laying bare for all to see his tackle, so even if I didn't want to know, it was obvious, hehe. Guess he's gonna take after his mummy & daddy & be another gymnast?! :headspin:

Anyway, was just excited & wanted to share the news :wohoo:

Congrats flora. Glad your excited about your little boy. We have to wait another 21 weeks to find out hehe.

aww flora, congrats on finding out its a boy, OH seems excited!! any names popped up yet or no?

well, we've def decided on a middle name: George, after my OH's grandad who pretty much bought him up. They were really close & it tore my OH apart when he passed away in 2003, so it seems fitting that his memory be honoured through our baby having his name as his middle name.
As for first names, we have a whole great big list. Guess we're gonna fight it out until the day he's born, but for now, it seems right to be calling him Archie. Will probably change our minds a million times between now & october, but oh well!!!

Arw bless, congrats on your little boy, were having a boy, and were calling him George xxx take care

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->