Official October Team Bumpkins

Seem to of been at hospital ages this morning. The registrar was lovely, heard heartbeat again. I was shocked how much baby has moved up in the last week. Also got my downs test results back at 1:33000 so that's good news, but I am a carry of GBS (which I thought I was) so have to go on antibiotics in labour.
Had blood in urine so that's been sent off to check for infections and i'm now on weekly BP and urine tests, I'm feeling well though and i'm just glad how much care they seem to be taking.

Well my oven is clean, the bed is changed, and the moses basket has arrived.......I promised hubby I wouldn't open it until he got home (2pm) so it's staring at me from accross the room! :rofl: I think I need to get the ironing board out to distract me! :rofl:

Glad everything was ok at the hospital Maffie! :hugs:

Could you put a :blue: next to my name on 20th October thanks!!!

Hi everyone!

I am a total stranger on here now-a-days, been super busy, miss you girlies!!!

I hope you are all doing well, and bumps are too!

I had my 20week scan a few weeks ago, and everything seems good, still on team yellow, and are staying that way now as me and hubby decided not to go and get private sexing scan, so looking forward to the surprise, but am very jealous of all you lovely ladies that know what you are having!!!!

My little boy has chickenpox at the moment, and has been so so ill with them, poor thing, there seems to be a huge outburst of them in our area!

I cant believe we are half way there already :happydance:

Chaos, can you please put me as having a yellow bump, thank you!

Take care everyone! x x

Hello Away again, hope your little one gets better soon xxxx nice to see you back

Thanks sam76! Feels good to be back! Hope you are well, congrats on your blue bump! I secretly think I am having a blue bump too :D x

Morning Ladies, Well I am having a day from hell, Woke up really tired even though I had a good sleep, work is driving me around the bend and just in bad form generally....

We bought a doppler yesterday and dont know if we could hear the heart beat there was something in the distant background .. Do any of you ladies know if I should hear something really strong which mean we are doing something wrong or is this correct ???

Its my bday on thur and also I will be 20wks so half way there .... Roll on the next 20.

Hope you all had a lovely weekend and are keeping well xxx

Hey girls!
Congrats on the blue bump, MrsO!
Maffie, congrats on the great results and a fairly calm trip to the hospital:)
Aimee, hopefully the ironing board will keep you busy!(don't cave)
awayagain, I hope your little boy starts feeling better soon:( Poor kid!
Hope all you ladies are having a great start to your week. I was up really early today and am trying to get a few things done before work, which makes me feel very productive.
Other than that, my girlfriends have started planning a shower for me, so that is pretty cool! I feel so loved:cloud9:
It will be in September and they have demanded that I stop buying things on ebay.:rofl:
I informed them that there are still plenty of things that I need.
I am so lucky to have such great friends.
They also wanted to know what type of cake I wanted and I laughed and said, "any kind of cake is my kind of cake-the baby likes every flavor!" So funny, but I hate people fussing over me, so I really want them to do whatever is easiest for them.
Oh, and they instructed me to register. I have no idea where I am going to do that, so I guess I better figure it out.
I really think Babies R Us is sort of over-rated.
Hey lindak...you should be able to hear the hb fairly well by now, but maybe not all the time as LO usually likes to excercise their right to move around.
Where are you checking for it?
Mine is only an inch or so below my belly button and has been pretty easy to find there from the first attempts several weeks back.
Also, make sure you go pretty slow with it, as it sometimes takes a minute to settle in on the hb.

Linda when i've had mine checked my the mw, you can hear swishy noises in the background but when they catch the HB there is a definite kind of horse galloping noise as well as the background swishing noise, lol does that even make sense.

Yea, it is pretty hard to miss, but it can be easier to mistake for your own HB, if you don't keep track of how fast it is.
Also, if you have one with a probe, make sure to try angling the tip of the probe a little in each direction before moving it. Sometimes I find that mine takes just a sec to find what it is looking for.

Thanks djgirl , Well Il keep doing it every night and maybe it will get stronger !!!

You're welcome, hun, and here is a link to the thread I put up when I got mine. Chaos's little tutorial helped quite a bit for me and I found it right away!
Good luck-let us know what you hear!

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnan...23788-got-doppler-today-need-help-please.html

Afternoon girls. Congrats on all the new blue and pink bumps. We had a lovely day yesterday and went to Scone Palace and then to Doune Castle (where Monty Python Quest for the Holy Grail was filmed). Did quite alot of walking so slept like a log last night. A whole 6 hours straight without getting up to pee and then another 4 hours lol. Going into town now to pick up some last few bits to take home with us as we are heading back tomorrow :(

Aww Littlekitten....I used to live in that part of the world and Doune is fabulous!

Sounds like you have had a fab time....btw I would kill for some tablet right now! :rofl: Enjoy the rest of the hols and safe journey home!

Ladies. I think I have a problem.
I cannot stop buying cute little outfits and stuff.
I know I need to have some restraint as the baby will need clothes when he is 1 and 2 years old, as well, and Mommy needs to not be in the poor house by then.
I just can't resist it. When I see a deal, I snap it up. When I see something cute to put my little boy in, I have to buy it.
The sad thing is, the poor little guy has no bottles, or diapers or formula or anything else. Mommy just keeps buying clothes.
I am out of control.:shock:

:rofl: :rofl: ah djgirl, I do sympathise! This is why I didnt find out the sex :) I was saving me from myself!

Glad Im not the only one

:rofl: :rofl: ah djgirl, I do sympathise! This is why I didnt find out the sex :) I was saving me from myself!

Glad Im not the only one

Ohhh, I am glad I am not the only one. I was starting to feel really horrible. My friends have told me to stop buying so they can buy stuff for the baby, too...:rofl::rofl:
They said that yesterday, and today, I just bought another 2 rompers, a sweater, a fleece romper, a hat and a little stuffed electric guitar:rofl::rofl:
Only took me 10 minutes online to have my cart filled up!

I know I need to have some restraint as the baby will need clothes when he is 1 and 2 years old, as well, and Mommy needs to not be in the poor house by then.
I just can't resist it. When I see a deal, I snap it up. When I see something cute to put my little boy in, I have to buy it.
The sad thing is, the poor little guy has no bottles, or diapers or formula or anything else. Mommy just keeps buying clothes.

You could do like me and branch out and buy stuff for when the baby is 12-18mths :) Maybe that isn't the best advice- but it does allow you to keep clothes shopping, guilt-free :)

You could do like me and branch out and buy stuff for when the baby is 12-18mths :) Maybe that isn't the best advice- but it does allow you to keep clothes shopping, guilt-free :)
:rofl::rofl::rofl:Ah yes, I have already thought of this. I have not graduated to 1 year yet, because I am a bit concerned with his size vs. the season it will be. Would hate to get him winter clothes for 1 year if he is wearing them at 9 months:blush:
But I feel much better knowing I am not the only one going nuts with the buying! I waited so long to buy anything that I am now acting like an uncaged wild animal!:rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->