Official October Team Bumpkins

Colsy, I have the same list! Although I'm getting rather bored of doing chores now and I'm even looking at OU courses to keep me occupied :rofl:

The pram sounds like a real bargain!!

Can someone tell me why it's bad luck to have baby things, specifically the pram/pushchair, in the hosue prior to baby coming? I'm not normally superstitious but I don't want to do anything wrong (silly i know). We already have a good few clothes and blankets, story books, toys and a moses basket so is this going to jinx something or is it just the pram......? Im worried enough that I've bought these few things prior to my scan today, although the 2 kicks I just got in the who-ha I think we're pretty safe!! :rofl:

Can someone tell me why it's bad luck to have baby things, specifically the pram/pushchair, in the hosue prior to baby coming?

It really is just a superstition. There's nothing scientific to it at all. I feel that if something bad happened, then seeing a few nappies or clothes in the baby's room wouldn't make me feel so awful as if I went there and saw the pram or cot. I don't know why, but there's something about the place where the baby will sleep. So, if you want to be rational, there's absolutely nothing wrong at all with getting all your bits together and keeping them at home - certainly makes life easier than thinking all the time 'Now where I can put that item?' (Stupidly, I AM a scientist, so I really should know better!)

Thanks...I think it's just with the scan I'm alittle worried. I'll be fine once today and back on ebay within the day! :rofl: Personally we have a large house and we're keeping the baby stuff in the storage room rather than in the nursery for now (I can understand the whole seeing the things if there was a problem). The nursery wont be done until the labour starts....my MIL suggested this as a way of keeping hubby calm during my labour as they can be long. I thought it was a nice idea and as we are having the Moses basket in the bedroom with us so we'll have some time.
Thanks for the explanation. Good Luck with the list.

I've ordered my pram Aimee although not being delivered until first week in October, lets hope bubs doesn't make an appearance before then. I think once i've had today's scan i'll be buying more. Im resisting buying as mum said she's going to buy something every month and I said like what she went oh you know luxuries. She's busting to know the sex, i want to know for different reasons.

I'm not trying to pick a moses basket for downstairs and a crib for the bedroom. We are reusing OH's cot as he only use dit a couple of times here so just need a mattress for that once baby is ready to go in the nursery (aka craft room)

wooohooo 5 hours to go :dance: :happydance:

note to self control excitement!

He he Me too!

I have to leave at 12noon to go and pick hubby's bags up and then catch the bus to the hospital which takes about an hour! :dohh: but no parking charges which is good!

I'm looking forward to being out of the house...the only place I've been in the last month is the Dr's and ASDA!! :rofl:

Aimee im the same I seem to be either at DRs in the (hire) car to do a little shopping or at the hospital. Im getting the bus too (I would normally cycle but not up to it) I have to leave at about 2 as buses are rubbish here lol.

Hey girlies. Good luck Aimee and Maffie. We got our consultant appointment in an hour so really nervous. Going to Mothercare first to have a wander round and take my mind off it. Chat to you all laters x

Good luck with the scans ladies, and your appointment littlekitten!
Can't wait to hear how everything goes:D

Good luck with scans today :)

I'll sort storks out when I get home from work tonight!

Have a great day girls.

Scan pics are on girls!

All good news!! :happydance::happydance:

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-second-trimester/144865-back-scan.html

Hi everyone

Thanks for support yesterday im feeling alot better today, whatever happens he is still my little man and be loved unconditionally.
Hope everyones scans went ok
Baby.love see you have date for your csection all seems real now doesnt it, what did they say about being sterlised? I am straight after my c-section xx

Hey Bumpn3, i am seeing the consultant monday about being sterilised! I think my age will go against me though, but i want it 100%! And yes it seems VERY real now i know what date she is coming.

And babes your attitude is amazing and i would feel the same.. You are a brave and wonderful woman who's kids are very lucky to have you as a role model :hugs:

Thanks hun, Im nearly 30 and doctor was saying no to me at 1st but said cant keep going through this its not good for me or the babies so they agreed. I would push them if its 100% what you want, its easier for them to do while your having your c-section. :hugs:

Hi babylove, not been on for 1 day, so i have missed a few things!!! have u got your date for your Section then?? When is it, hope all is well with everyone else too

Evening all im all scanned, get another scan in 3 weeks as couldn't get all the images they needed.

Im a blue bump !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->