Official October Team Bumpkins

My postie came and pushed a card throw the door and scarpered. I wasn't too happy when I phoned to complain, ive been in all day, he never knocked I heard the gate went to window saw gate oopen then heard the letter box. Cheeky beggers!!!!!!

Ive been looking at breast pumps today ad wondering whats best.

I'll be going back to work after birth but for minimum time poss i think, its not a job for me, but dont want to lose all my mat pay

I think minimum time is 3 months or they can take your mat pay off of you...check your own company policy - this is for the company I work for and I know standard for alot of them x

Thankfully mine is 1 month and I can reduce down to 16 hours. I went through the handbook carefully as I fell pregnant very close to the cut off time for not getting the extra maternity benefits.

Good news ladies......

I'm signed off for 7 weeks starting tomorrow, which takes me to 29 weeks precisely!! I NEVER have to go back.

Tomorrow's interview will be interesting though so I'm not out of the woods yet, but a huge weight has been lifted!

My postie came and pushed a card throw the door and scarpered. I wasn't too happy when I phoned to complain, ive been in all day, he never knocked I heard the gate went to window saw gate oopen then heard the letter box. Cheeky beggers!!!!!!

I HATE it when they do this!! :hissy::hissy:

I did once get my own back on the postie for doing this to me. He didn't realise I was home - I was in the utility room which is next to the door and he was stood writing the note having not even knocked - I opened the door really quickly on him and he jumped out of his skin......he always knocks now! :rofl:

Thats great aimme so chuffed for ya :wohoo::wohoo::wohoo:

ooooh tomorrow just give them a :finger::finger::finger::devil:

Sooooo tempting....but I have to go in partly acting like the wounded lamb that I am, partly standing by my convictions that they are a***holes! :rofl:

Fingers will be given once I'm on Maternity leave and I get to write those wonderful words ....'I hereby give notice......'! :happydance:

that must be an amaing feeling!

Whatever happens tmrw you dont have to go back if you dont want too!!
Do you still get mat leave pay if youre off sick though? Coz thats the reason Ive fought to go back this week - DR wanted to sign me off coz of my broken arm for another 6 months - but it meant I wasnt entitled to my mat pay :shrug:

that must be an amaing feeling!

Whatever happens tmrw you dont have to go back if you dont want too!!
Do you still get mat leave pay if youre off sick though? Coz thats the reason Ive fought to go back this week - DR wanted to sign me off coz of my broken arm for another 6 months - but it meant I wasnt entitled to my mat pay :shrug:

As far as I'm aware yes I am aware but I'm a little confuzzled about it now! I was only going to get SMP anyway, but I've been paid in full up to now......

(nips off to read up)

Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP)
You can get Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) for up to 39 weeks, as long as you meet the conditions.

To qualify for Statutory Maternity Pay you must have been:

employed by the same employer continuously (some breaks do not interrupt continuous employment) for at least 26 weeks into the 15th week before the week your baby is due
earning an average of at least £95 a week (before tax)
To claim Statutory Maternity Pay you must tell your employer at least 28 days before the date you want to start your Statutory Maternity Pay. Your employer may need you to tell them in writing.

I definitely qualify for MA anyway so if they kick up I'll get my pay whatever happens.

Phew!

Hiya all, glad to see we are all doing well.

I only have 2 more weeks of carting my dd back and forth to nursery until the summer holidays.
I will be 31 weeks on the day she starts Primary 1.
She will be settled in at school from 9.00 to 3.15 when bubs is born, which is great!!

All I am eating right now is Breakfast based things.
Chocolate milk, Toast, Cereal, Danish and pastries.
I guess it's not very well balanced but it's all I want!

Have a great week xxxx

I get 90% of my pay for 6 weeks then smp for 26?? - but entitled to 52 weeks off mat leave which Im taking

If ive worked for my company for 52 weeks on the week baby is due I get 26 weeks at full pay then 13 weeks at smp and then 13 weeks of diddly squat.

i'll of been there 54 weeks the week baby is due :rofl:

Just spoken to ACAS....even if you're off sick, if you're still working for them on the 25th week, you're still entitled (even if you leave/they sack you) and the 90% for the first few weeks is maeasure from the 8 weeks prior to the 25th week (so from weeks 16-24).

Confusing but provided they don't sack me in the next 3 weeks we're ok. If they do sack me, then I'll still be entitled to MA.

Such serious conversations!!

I'm sat here considering whether or not to buy some baby cothes off ebay.....need some jeans to go with that little green top! :rofl:

Yay managed to find bubs heartbeat on the doppler earlier! Was quiet but could hear it beating away for about 2 mins until it decided to wake up and kick around again lol. Zwinnie keep at it hun and you will get there eventually. Bubs was quite low down and slightly to the right.

AimeeLou - I'm so happy that you got signed off. Take away alot of the stress and let you prepare properly for bubs arrival.

I've got another night shift tonight and should have been sleeping but my charming housemate sat in the living room (which is right next to my room) chatting loudly on her phone and giggling. Yet we are expected to be silent if she is trying to sleep. Then it was too hot so I couldnt get back to sleep. So I'm going into work on an hours sleep woop woop. At least I've got my scan to get me through. Finish work at 8am and go straight over the corridor to scanning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->