Official October Team Bumpkins

Afternoon ladies. Hope everyone is feeling better. I'm in a bad mood cos I found out last night that the hospital has cut maternity leave so rather than getting 6 months of 90% pay and 3 months of SMP...I now get.....a whole 2 months full pay, 2 months half pay, and 2 months SMP!!!! How sucky is that?! So it now means that I will have to work until 36 weeks and hope to hell the baby doesnt come earlier than that. I am still taking my weeks annual leave 24th-30th August at 33 weeks but I will have to go back for another couple weeks. I am going to insist on being put on short days though cos I'm struggling now at almost 23 weeks doing the 13 hour shifts especially the nights. I have cleaned the downstairs of the house today cos my parents are coming tomorrow. Annoyed cos the kitchen is now a mess again and there are crumbs on the floor cos my housemate made an egg baguette and has just gone to sleep on the sofa!

Hello all
I had my appointment today with my consulant, she was pleased with how the pregnancy is going, and my blood levels are fine, i will stay on Asprin till im 36 weeks now, and she has arranged for me to get 2 extra scans!!!!yipeeeeee, this is due to being on asprin and my Baby George may be small, due to this, we also heard his heartbeat too which was all normal, so i really feel alot better about this xxxxxx im so relieved to get this far, after 2 m/c xxxx i feel really blessed

Hello all
this is due to being on asprin and my Baby George may be small,

does this mean he is going to be small because you are taking aspirin? How much do you take? im on 150mg per day but they havent mentoined to me that he may/will be small - just that he will be early x

I take 75 mg everyday and they said theres a chance he may be small, but thats why im having 2 extra scans, im not bothered really, aslong as George is healthy!! The asprin does cause this, but may not fingers crossed xxxx i would ask your m/wife about this, im on asprin because i have had 2 m/c, is this why your on them on for some other reason?

Hey ladies, hope everyones colds are getting better.

I had my scan this morning and everything looks great, baby was being very naughty though and kept their hands over their face almost the entire time so the lady couldn't check for cleft lip, also had knees firmly together and was headbutting my bladder!

Right at the end though after some juggling baby moved the hands and knees so saw the lovely face and balls! I've felt it was a boy since I was around 12 weeks and I was right! So happy and everything looking very healthy, the lady said the heart looked beautiful and healthy along with the spine and brain.

Went to mothercare after and got him a lovely outfit to come home in and some other bits.

I post some pics later :)

Glad your little man behaved at the scan in the end dom85.

I just had my scan but the little one was hiding a little so I get to go back on the 30th June and hopefully complete it! The only thing left is to check the bottom of the spine, the skin over the spine and the back of the kidneys - the rest according to the scan seem fine.

They had accidentally written down the wrong scan time on my letter, it said 4.50 when my actual appointment was 3.50!! Luckily there was a member of staff still in and she kindly stayed a little longer and did the scan for us. She was very friendly and informative and we got two pics of the little one for free :)

Hi Ladies,
Im due on the 11th and having a girl...anyone having a 3d/4d scan?? How mcuh will they look like a newborn etc?? x

Hi girls..

Ladyty welcome in x, i had a scan at 18 weeks(my avator is from that scan) and saw my little girl in 4d and she looked like a proper little person then :)

Awe, i would just love to see what she looks like, like her daddy? me? lol x exciting

I know what you mean hun, when we saw Freya in 4D we instantly said she looks like her big brother just softer features.

Morning all

Well OH hired a car last night so we could have a couply weekend, we need some us time badly!!! See if we can get back on track. Life has been stressful with trying to get his long dragging divorce through, me being off sick, him at risk of redundancy and loads of other stuff thats too hard to go into.

So we are off to Lancaster in a little while, have a nice day out just the 2 of us. :cloud9:

Have a fantastic time Maffie :hugs:

Gah it's 2.46am and I'm wide awake with really bad heartburn. Its making my shoulders and arms ache its that harsh. I ate some sweet and sour sauce with McDonalds chips tonight, the chips don't normally give it to me so I can only assume its the sauce. I won't be doing that again! lol

Ah well I just took a Zantec, hopefully that will help it :)

Whats all your plans for Saturday?

Morning girls. My parents and my nan are coming up today. Cant wait for them to get here. Ive not seen them since about 16 weeks so they will be loving feeling James' kicks. We are all off to Mothercare to order the pram, cot etc. Got all emotional this morning cos I was thinking about the birth and holding James for the first time, and got a bit upset that he was never going to meet his namesake. His great-grandad would have been so proud. I know he is watching over him and that he is protecting us both but it still makes me sad that he isnt here to enjoy it with us.

Chaos can you add me to team blue on the first page?

Thanks hun

Good morning ladies! How are we today?

I've got the MIL coming today. She kind of invited herself up slightly so hubby isn't very happy but I think that's because he wants to slob out rather than make small talk. Still...going out for a mexican tonight...Yummers! Can't wait for my chicken enchiladas (mild cos I can't take my spice at the moment!:rofl:)

Right, best get off the ever-increasing arse and do some washing up. Thankfully because I spent last wekend as a cleaning machine the house is pretty much there. The washing up from last night needs doing and that's it. May pop a loaf on to rise so that it can make the house smell scrummy for when she gets here! :happydance:

Have a lovely weekend girls. Littlekitten, enjoy your shopping. Maffie, enjoy your day out!

Speak to you later on ladies! xx

Ah heartburn is still my visiter. Nothing is shifting it, tums, zantec. this SUCKS.

On the plus side, my husband told me I had to be up and ready to go at 845 this morning, so I was ... what does he hand me? A gift card for a hours facial at 9am. Freaking SWEET. It was SO good and SO relaxing and they do an awesome upper body massage. Fabulous way to start a Saturday after a sleepless night :happydance:

Littlekitten ~ Awww :hugs:I get sad too because Autumn will not get to meet her Grandpa. He brought me up with my Nan and he died 2 years ago, April just gone. It makes me really sad because he always said mine was the Grandchild he was waiting for. I know hes all round me tho and is smilling at me at the moment. Have a great day today :)

Dom ~ I added you! Congratulations :hugs:

Amiee ~ Have a good day and enjoy the mexican. I love that stuff!

Erggggghhhh I feel so rough! Been up all night being sick and sat on the loo same time,YUCK! Ive only been up out of bed an hour or so. Im currently laid on sofa feeling sorry for myself. Ive just managed a packet of crisps but thats all Ive had since 5pm yesterday and even that all got thrown up!
My poor baby,must be hungry as he's been kicking me constantly all through the night as I was being sick and all day so far.
Hope everyone else is good xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->