Official TTC after Implanon removal thread!

Hello ladies, can I join you? :thumbup:

I had my implanon out 12th april and have been stalking though this thread trying to work out what my chances are! This is our first cycle ttc so I hope you don't mind if I make myself comfortable, looks like we could be in for a wait...

Got vaguely positive opk's friday to sunday but no idea what my body is doing! Hormones all over the place lol!

Hi imagine13 :hi:
I don't think there is any hard or fast rule, I know a few people had a bleed soon after having it removed, but I didn't. The only thing you can do really is just keep track of as much as you can to see what and when you're cycles are. the one before this was 24days, but this time I am on CD44! So who knows. Good luck though, keep us updated xxxxx

morning , well i did a cb digi with fmu an its now a :bfn: so the preg is ending / ended ! im bleeding more now with cramps . well this is loss number 5 for me over the last 11yrs , my dr said he would refer me to see some1 , i thought having 1 baby i would b fine now but clearly not :(

morning , well i did a cb digi with fmu an its now a :bfn: so the preg is ending / ended ! im bleeding more now with cramps . well this is loss number 5 for me over the last 11yrs , my dr said he would refer me to see some1 , i thought having 1 baby i would b fine now but clearly not :(

Oh hun :hugs: :hugs: That's just so unfair :cry:

Thanks for the welcome guys. Katwa8 - I had a bleed on 16th, been tracking from there. Only vaguely positive opks were last weekend. BB's enormous atm and I am retaining fluid like a wallowing hippo lol! Temps are up since suspected OV and staying up :shrug: Just wish I knew for sure where I was - looks like I'm not the only one though :wacko:

Hi ladies how long were your cycles after coming off the implanon??

Hi can't say I had much of a cycle myself. Had my implant out 13th dec had a very light spotting 2 days after then in feb had a 2 day bleed not very heavy thou and I am now 9 weeks and 5 days pregnant :happydance: hope this helps x

I'd also just like to say everyone is different and some womens bodies take longer to recover from the implant than others :) Good luck :)

hi ladies , is it true that miscarragies & chemical pregnancys are more common the first few months after implanon removal ?? as u all know ive been on this thread since feb10 (ive changed my picture a few times lol) march cycle i had a chemical an this cycle i miscarried too !! i do have a history of miscarrage but cant help wonder if the implanon has played a part this time !!

I'm not sure Karentia, I hope not :( from what I've read about chemical's they are very common, at 50-60% of all pregnancies, but if it werent for early tests that are available to use prior to AF women would never have known. So in that respect, maybe there's no difference?
Also, the implant is just a hormone isn't it? So once it is completely flushed from the system apart from sometimes bonkers cycles I'm guessing it couldn't influence the outcome?
I'm sending you big hugs so that you get your special sticking bean soon xxxx

aww karentia I'm sorry! Hope it happens again soon! x

So sorry to hear that Karentia. I truly hope you get your forever BFP well before me :baby:

I am reading 'taking charge of your fertility' Toni Weschler which has everything you need to know about charting and interpreting your charts - hopefuly it might give you some answers. At least it could arm you with some knowledge to take to your doc. Perhaps early on implanon can mess with your body but "IF" what they tell us is true :nope::wacko: it should be out of your system very quickly. Personally I don't think it's been around long enough for proper studies to be conducted.....:shrug:

One thing this book does say is that if you are getting pregnant and miscarrying, then you can be given progesterone to help bubs implant fully and get through 1st Tri. Hopefully your doc will be able to elaborate on this!

Fingers xx'ed for you

well ive been in hospital for 3days :( just been discharged ! after 10 days of bleeding and pain im still preg !!!! but my hormone level is low but it is doubling !! they are not sure if im having another ectopic or a miscarrage or a normal (low hormone) pregnancy !! i have a scan on wed afternoon x

well ive been in hospital for 3days :( just been discharged ! after 10 days of bleeding and pain im still preg !!!! but my hormone level is low but it is doubling !! they are not sure if im having another ectopic or a miscarrage or a normal (low hormone) pregnancy !! i have a scan on wed afternoon x

Phew, that is better news, hang in there little bean and fingers xx'ed for you karentia. Hope your scan goes well on Wednesday :hugs:

karentia how are you doing today hun ?

Well i had odd brown blood yesterday bit of crampin anyone now what it might of been

Hi , I'm ok at home resting , pain has eased an I feel a bit preg !! Really don't wanna get my hopes up though x

Hi everyone, mind if I join? Calling up to make the appointment to get the implant out tomorrow. Scary and exciting all at once. Also frustrating, as the bit of paper with the number to call has been moved from the bedside table. I've been worried I'm not ready but I guess the fact I'm frustrated rather than relieved it's gone missing should be a clear sign I do want this and everyone has some nerves before TTC#1 (in my case financial worries have held me back mostly, but also loosing the closeness with DH)

Welcome Dinah!

Well...I'm now 10 days late and no sign of af and a :bfn: so far. Hmmm...:coffee:

Hiya ladies. I called up to get my implant removed today - and she offered me an appointment at 8am tomorrow! I couldn't take it as I have meetings, but I'm booked in for Thursday morning - it's getting very real very quickly.

I've had really regular (and heavy) periods throughout the 8 years I've had the implant, I'm hoping they stay on the same schedule which would mean we'd be starting trying at the end of May.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->