Official TTC after Implanon removal thread!

Hi every1,:hi:

Really glad I found this thread, nice to know I'm not the only one a bit confused after the implanon removal! Any chance some1 can help me work out when I can confidently test if AF doesn't show up soon.

Was on implanon for 6.5years consecutively & never had a proper cycle throughout...months without then would b light & 4 days long when it did appear.

I had it taken out on 3/10, & had what I thought was AF on the 19th but since reading this I'm unsure if it was maybe withdrawal? (very red and lasted ~3days) .

Since 19th-28th we dtd several times & here is where the problem starts...I got a new job offer & I'm really excited by it BUT I'm scared to accept without knowing if I am or not pregnant. Reason being I don't want to loose the benefits I'd b offered by current employer if I was indeed pregnant.

I have absolutely no idea when AF would b due so I've no idea when I would get an accurate result.

Ahhh doing my head in because I'm feeling kinda pregnant. As in Weird
sensations round uterus area, swollen bbs, headache etc but is that just body readjusting?? All tests I've taken were bfn.

Any1 know when I'd be allowed to test & trust the result??
Any advice really really appreciated
I had every pregnancy symptom under the sun when mine was removed. my husband and I had started trying right away and I was sure I was pregnant. But nope it took me about 8 or 9 weeks after removal to start my period. After about 4 weeks I started taking a supplement called fertilaid for women. after just over a week of taking that I started my first cycle. I have continued taking the supplement and have had a regular 28 day cycle, we stopped trying 'till I had two cycles under my belt. This is our first month back to TTC. I hope everything gets back to normal for you quickly.

Hello everyone!
Im new to this, but ive just had my implant removed today.
We are wanting to start TTC asap, and hoping it wont take too long?

Any advise welcome x
:)

hi everyone!
im very new to this site, but i need some advice on ttc!!
i had my implant in for exactly 2 years (had it removed early) it was removed on the 03/08/2011 and i have been ttc with my partner since the day it was removed! i had my first period on the 10/08 one week after removal which lasted 9days! and my periods have been coming every month round about the same time give or take a few days. my partner and i have neen actively trying, i have been eating right, taking folic acid and i have been tracking my ovulation dates and periods! so im doing everything right and still no positive test :( i reali need to no if this is just one of those things and it hasnt happend yet and if anyone else is in the same shoes as myself?? everywhere i read about ttc after the implanon most girls have had no problems and got pregnant pretty much within weeks!!
Help please!! xxxx

I have no idea where you've been reading but that's given you a very untrue impression. 86% of women will get pregnant within a year of coming off all contraception (97% within 3 years), the average time it takes for a woman to fall pregnant while on no contraception is 5 cycles. For a woman who was on implanon this is raised to 6-7 cycles. This is the average, it can happen quicker, it can take longer, this does not mean there is anything wrong with you! If you do absolutely everything right, all the hormones are at the right levels, you DTD at the right time, there is still only a 25% chance of falling pregnant that cycle. TTC is by no means an exact science and in all honesty there is very little you can do to control it, all the vitamins, eating certain foods, there is no evidence any of it helps, the only evidence there is is that if you or your partner are not properly hydrated the fluids are too thick and it's harder for the swimmers to get there. Also you nearly double your chances if you can lie with your hips raised for 20mins afterwards. So get a big bottle of water, lie back, don't panic, and just accept that it will happen when it happens. HTH x

I have no idea where you've been reading but that's given you a very untrue impression. 86% of women will get pregnant within a year of coming off all contraception (97% within 3 years), the average time it takes for a woman to fall pregnant while on no contraception is 5 cycles. For a woman who was on implanon this is raised to 6-7 cycles. This is the average, it can happen quicker, it can take longer, this does not mean there is anything wrong with you! If you do absolutely everything right, all the hormones are at the right levels, you DTD at the right time, there is still only a 25% chance of falling pregnant that cycle. TTC is by no means an exact science and in all honesty there is very little you can do to control it, all the vitamins, eating certain foods, there is no evidence any of it helps, the only evidence there is is that if you or your partner are not properly hydrated the fluids are too thick and it's harder for the swimmers to get there. Also you nearly double your chances if you can lie with your hips raised for 20mins afterwards. So get a big bottle of water, lie back, don't panic, and just accept that it will happen when it happens. HTH x

thank you so so much for ur reply!! it is very helpfull... :D i will you all updated! the hole ttc thing is a very confusig thing i just seem to get lost halfof the time, my partner and i are very inpaitence and the main thing is awaiting game very month, but again thank you so much :)

P.S the hips have been raised on every attempt! xxx

Hi,
I had my implanon out Thur afternoon, and wondered what the chances are of me been pregnant, as my DH and i had sex 2 days before removal. Now i have read that sperm can live inside you for upto 7 days.
Has anyone else experienced this? Any advise would be grateful.
Thanks xx

Hi,
I had my implanon out Thur afternoon, and wondered what the chances are of me been pregnant, as my DH and i had sex 2 days before removal. Now i have read that sperm can live inside you for upto 7 days.
Thanks xx

hiya gayle!
yes it is likely to be pregnant altho im not getting ur hopes up im just goin by what my doctor told me! my doctor told me that sperm stays in the body for up to 10 days.. and if u have sex the week before removal without any contraception then it is possible :) however i to thought this and got my hopes up.. and 3 months later my partner and i are still trying but its early days so dont stress :)

happy trying xxxx

Hi,
Thanks xx

hiya gayle!
yes it is likely to be pregnant altho im not getting ur hopes up im just goin by what my doctor told me! my doctor told me that sperm stays in the body for up to 10 days.. and if u have sex the week before removal without any contraception then it is possible :) however i to thought this and got my hopes up.. and 3 months later my partner and i are still trying but its early days so dont stress :)

happy trying xxxx

Thanks for your reply.
I also do not want to get my hopes up! But a nice thought ha.

Thanks again xxx

Oooh i just remembered this group! Just an update. It took me 5 months to get preg after implanon removal, so not too bad really. It seemed like forever at the time though! xx

Just started Period number 3 since Implanon removal.
Feeling abit down today. And the funny thing is I'd actually decided in my head that my preferred cycle (for dates) to fall pregnant would be the one i'm about to start now, so why do I feel so disappointed?!

I'm gonna blame the hormones! :gun:

Oooh i just remembered this group! Just an update. It took me 5 months to get preg after implanon removal, so not too bad really. It seemed like forever at the time though! xx

First of all CONGRATULATIONS! :D im coming up to 4 months now of trying since i got i implant removed.. feels like years! im hoping for some luck after christmas or before would be nice but i no its never straight forward after the implant.. xxx

I know, time drags when youre TCC. It will happen though sooner or later. And when it takes a bit longer, it makes it all the more exciting when it does happen!

Hey ladies,

Just wanted to update you on me. It's been almost 11 months since I had impanon out, I'm onto my 7th cycle now and still hoping for my bfp.

My cycles were 30 odd days to begin with. Then went to 80 days and I've just had my first 28 day cycle in over 4 years. I'm hoping that this means I'm getting back to normal, really want my bfp soon.

Congratulations to you all who have had your bfp, and good luck to those still waiting like me. Xx

Hi ladies I'm new to this site! Having my implant out on 2nd dec so excited to try for baby number 2! :)

It took me 4 months to fall after having implanon in for about 8 years, so it's certainly possible to fall quite quickly :) I also didn't really have a period for the last 2 years of having my implanon in and I had my WB 5 days after removal then one mega long 45 day cycle when I thought I was pg as we also dtd the morning of removal not being aware that we could fall by doing that, then I took EPO to regulate my cycles a bit then my partner started taking Spermax a week before we fell :D the Spermax really really helped us do I would definitely recommend it to you guys :D xx

Hi Ladies,

I do see that this forum has not been active since a bit before Thanksgiving. Hopefully this forum will be active soon!

I have had my Implanon removed on 18th of November because my hubs and I wanted to start trying for a baby. I read some information online that I could become pregnant anytime and that Implanon hormones will be out of my system within 48 hours then I should be able to get my period between 2-7 days.

I haven't gotten my period yet.

I started to have a lot of "pregnancy" symptoms this week (cramping, milky discharge, boobs sore, headaches...it went away as soon as I pushed my prenatal vitamin until right before bed though...and sensitive smell.

But I also read online that Implanon removal CAN cause pregnant feeling even though you aren't?

I am not sure if I should test soon or wait until 17th (full month) to see if my period will arrive? A part of me want to test soon to just stop my anxiety and put my mind to rest knowing that I am not pregnant or I am pregnant. I just feel really confused at this moment. :wacko:

I hope to get feedback from some of you ladies.......

Sorry should have clarified about one sentence....headaches went away as soon as I pushed my prenatal vitamins to right before my bedtime. But I am still experiencing rest of the symptoms I've listed above.

Ashleynoelle-You will definitely get pregnancy symptoms after getting the implanon removed, it happens to almost everyone. I was one of them! But if you wanna take a test for your peace of mind by all means go for it! :) But as far as the period goes, it's different for everyone, sometimes people cycles don't start for a couple months and sometimes AF shows up 1-4 weeks later!

AFM: I got my :bfp: the day after thanksgiving!! :happydance: I had my implanon removed 09/12/2011 on 09/15/11 I had withdrawal bleeding for 3 days. I then started AF on 10/02/2011. had another AF on 10/30/2011. Ovulated on 11/16/2011 & got my BFP on 11/25/2011!!!! I counted 3 cycles but it was actually 2 "proper" cycles that it took to get preggers :) good luck to all xxxx

Yes you do get pregnancy symptoms after having implanon removed I did a pregnancy test as I was convinced I was pregnant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->