Official TTC after Implanon removal thread!

The hormones might be gone but it can take a while for your body's own hormones to kick back in again to regulate your cycle. My first 3 cycles after 8 years of implanon were pretty pathetic! Like almost everyone else on here I had pg symptoms after removal for around 6 weeks, I found taking EPO regulated my cycles in the end and gave me proper periods again.

I have only been on Implanon for 9 months (only had it in for my wedding & didn't want a surprise baby before then). There is not a lot of responses from women who used Implanon for less than a year. Many responses I've read are from women who have had it for long-term (more than 2 years).

I just worry because I never got any withdrawal bleeding (seems that a lot of women got it when they got their rods out). AF have had always been very regular (on time every month and lasts 4-5 days) before Implanon. Then my period completely stopped on Implanon and I got it out 3 weeks ago. I still haven't gotten any withdrawal bleeding or AF.

If I had withdrawal bleeding then I would have felt a lot better and less worried about lack of AF. & to add, yes, my hubs and I have been doing a lot of BD :sex: since I got the rod out. Took pregnancy test only to get BFN despite the symptoms I have.

I would definitely look into EPO. A part of me is afraid to go on it now because what if I am pregnant because I tested way too early to confirm anything and EPO isn't that great for a baby in 1st trimester. On the other hand; if I'm not pregnant then I will definitely go on this to help jump-start my natural hormones, and go from there.

Just wish that AF will show up already to put my anxieties at rest.

I don't know what I am really looking for other than assurances & answers from you ladies who have experienced similar things especially about no WD bleeding. :blush:

I was on it long term, but never had withdrawal bleeding. My first period was 25 days after I had it taken out (had to look that up!)

Thanks Dinah! This does make me feel better knowing that you've gone through the same thing about not having any WD bleeding.

My game plan now is to wait a full month (2 more weeks) and see if my AF shows up because by then it should be over 28 days since the day of removal.

Hiya! Just joined very glad to have found this thread!

I also had my implant removed on nov 18th and so far no period or wd bleed. I only had it in since june as i didnt get on with it, had a 6 week bleed while it was in.

Now ttc and lots of symptoms but have also given up smoking which can cause similar side effects! So confused at mo, hate this waiting game!

I competely agree! This waiting game sucks!!!

There seems to be 2 groups of women:

1) WD bleeding with pg symptoms
2) no WD bleeding with pg symptoms

It's confusing....my best bet is just to wait 6 weeks and see if aF shows up. if not then test. :)

I had no WB either and didn't get my period until 35 days after removal but it came every 27-29 days after that.

It took me about 8wks to get my period back after a little more than a month with no af I started taking fertilaid to help balance my hormones and after two weeks of taking it i got my period. I have had three cycles since then all exactly 28 days. Since I have ran out of fertilaid ( I only bought a month supply)I have just been taking prenatals. We are on our second consecutive month of TTC. We were trying the month I got my rod out but since I hadnt got my cycle back yet I am not counting it ;)

hi ashley!!
i had my implanon in for just under 2 years, i started trying straight away.. my periods went back to normal the week after removal and have been regular ever since! i am currently late.. leaving it awile to test so fingers crossed!! :D i just thought id leave u a message and let u no that my sister had her implanon in for around 9 months also and it took her 3months to get pregnant! ttc and the hole waiting game sucks believe me! im 3 days late and it feels like forever so far haha but hope this helps a little :) xxx

I competely agree! This waiting game sucks!!!

There seems to be 2 groups of women:

1) WD bleeding with pg symptoms
2) no WD bleeding with pg symptoms

It's confusing....my best bet is just to wait 6 weeks and see if aF shows up. if not then test. :)

I had my implanon out Aug 24 and this morning I finally got my BFP!! I got my first period a month after removal and they have been for the most part regular but my LP was shorter. After three failed attempts this month I decided to not try and just enjoy my holidays! I stopped taking supplements (except for folic acid) stopped temping, and didn't use my opk's. After feeling blah throughout the weekend and this morning I decided to test and there popped up my second line!! I am so excited even though I feel like I am going to lose my morning bagel!! :happydance: :happydance:

https://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb29/mzrowrow/testgroup.jpg

I couldn't help it but confirm with every brand I had on hand and an opk!!

:dust::dust:

Hoping those of you who are still waiting get your BFP will get it soon and I am hoping this one is a very sticky bean, but if ms is already feeling like this I am hoping that is a very good sign!!

:xmas9::xmas6:

OMG!! im the same i was just checking in to tell the girls i was pregnant aswell :D:D Congrats to u!!! i had my implant removed the 3rd of August so it took us the same amount of time to get pregnant!!

i am arounf 3-5 weeks ladies.. have my appointment on thursday to confirm everything!! thank u all for ur support and chats and good luck :D i cudnt possibly be happier :)
Lots of love!! xx

I had my implanon out Aug 24 and this morning I finally got my BFP!! I got my first period a month after removal and they have been for the most part regular but my LP was shorter. After three failed attempts this month I decided to not try and just enjoy my holidays! I stopped taking supplements (except for folic acid) stopped temping, and didn't use my opk's. After feeling blah throughout the weekend and this morning I decided to test and there popped up my second line!! I am so excited even though I feel like I am going to lose my morning bagel!! :happydance: :happydance:

https://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb29/mzrowrow/testgroup.jpg

I couldn't help it but confirm with every brand I had on hand and an opk!!

Hoping those of you who are still waiting get your BFP will get it soon and I am hoping this one is a very sticky bean, but if ms is already feeling like this I am hoping that is a very good sign!!

:xmas9::xmas6:

OMG Ashleigh!!! Congrats to you as well!!! I should be due Aug. 22. My period wasn't exactly normal last month but I'm sure it was heavy enough to have been the real deal. I guess the 3 month mark is the lucky mark!!

Hi ladies sorry i been gone for so long but i been super busy this holiday season. I do have good news though i got my :bfp: :happydance: i see a lot of you lovely ladies have had some too and congrats to you all

Hello MzRowrow!!! thank u so much :D my periods went back to normal straight away pretty much, my last period was very light tho and didn stay long so im guessing im further along il find out soon and keep u posted as we will be Bump Buddies :) it seems ur rite 3 months a charm! xxx

Hello MzRowrow!!! thank u so much :D my periods went back to normal straight away pretty much, my last period was very light tho and didn stay long so im guessing im further along il find out soon and keep u posted as we will be Bump Buddies :) it seems ur rite 3 months a charm! xxx

That's funny because my last period wasn't normal either. It lasted long enough but wasn't very heavy and didn't have any of the other ickies that are usually in it.

Hi ladies sorry i been gone for so long but i been super busy this holiday season. I do have good news though i got my :bfp: :happydance: i see a lot of you lovely ladies have had some too and congrats to you all

Congrats girl. I have been watching and hoping for you.

hi ladies, congratulations to all for getting preg and gl to those still trying. im new to this site and was just looking for some advise really please, i still have the implanon in my arm but i have a appointment to get it removed on thursday, i was just wondering how long till i would ve able to to ttc after removel,
i have had the implant now for 2 years, and for the past 4 month i have not had a period, i am not a first time tryer ttc a i already have amazing children, im just unsure as to the waiting time for the implants hormoe ill leave my system,
many thanks to all for reading and gl in the future.x.x.x.x.

You can start trying straight away, although some nurses recommend waiting until the first AF as it makes you easier to date. Most women have a funny time of it waiting for the first AF though, it can take forever, or you can have several very light periods a week or so apart for a few weeks, both are normal. Most women get strong pregnancy symptoms for about 6 weeks after having it out too. There is no reason to wait other than the dating being easier.

Hi ladies im new to this thread. So here's the story so far:
i had the implant fitted in Oct after a MC and then my partner and i decided we'd try again. so i had implant removed on 28th nov. I didnt have any periods on the implant so I have no idea as to when it will reappear? Since removal, about a week after i've been having cramps coming and going, terrible headaches, feel exhausted by doing absolutely nothing and terrible lower back pain? I've gone through and read over your stories and would just like to go through mine with all you ladies. I just dont know whether im pregnant already or if its my AF returning slowly? If anyone is or has been in my situation please do reply as talking to women who have gone through this would help greatly!

Goodluck to all us ladies who are looking to get their BFP !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->