Official TTC after Implanon removal thread!

hi all again, i havent been on in a while, well i got my BFP and im 5 weeks pregnant, im not sure what happend last month but i hope it all goes well :) , im still in shock lol, hope everyone gets there bfp's soon good luck to all xxxx

i had implanon removed 4th july 2011 x

Hi everone! I have been reading for about a month and signed up today. Feeling like I am going to need lots of support through this journey and you all sound great. I had my implant removed 10/12 after about a year because my and my husband are TTC now. We DTD yesterday afternoon then today I had serious cramping and lower back pain. This evening I started a very very light "flow" if you could even call it that however all the cramping and pain has subsided. Kind of curious exactly what is going on in there! I have never tracked my cycles previously but you guys give great advice I feel I can probably start. Can't wait to start this journey!

Hi everone! I have been reading for about a month and signed up today. Feeling like I am going to need lots of support through this journey and you all sound great. I had my implant removed 10/12 after about a year because my and my husband are TTC now. We DTD yesterday afternoon then today I had serious cramping and lower back pain. This evening I started a very very light "flow" if you could even call it that however all the cramping and pain has subsided. Kind of curious exactly what is going on in there! I have never tracked my cycles previously but you guys give great advice I feel I can probably start. Can't wait to start this journey!

Hey OnceMore,

If that was your first bleed since implanon removal, it might have been your withdrawal bleed. I took mine out on the 10th october, and had a medium flow for 5.5 days from 12th october. I just wonder how you define eithdrawal bleed (WB) and Af... mine seems too heavy to be WB....... :wacko:

Hello, not been on this thread in a looong time.
I'm worrying now.
I had my implant out in may and still no proper AF.
A couple of days of spotting about 50 days apart, but nothing else.

):

I get the horrible feeling my body is just failing on me.
Has anyone else heard of it being this long?
6 months with no proper AF is killing me.

I have a question for you ladies. I had my Implanon removed on Aug. 24. My first "cycle" (this is the period of time from removal to AF) I had a luteal phase of 12 days. This last cycle I had a luteal phase of 11 days! Why is my luteal phase shrinking? Did anyone else have this? Is this what is causing me not to get pregnant (yes I know it has only been 2 tries and not a reason to stress yet, but I find this shrinking LP concerning)? Anyone with experience here? Thanks ladies.

**Another reason to despise Implanon...

Hey OnceMore,

If that was your first bleed since implanon removal, it might have been your withdrawal bleed. I took mine out on the 10th october, and had a medium flow for 5.5 days from 12th october. I just wonder how you define eithdrawal bleed (WB) and Af... mine seems too heavy to be WB....... :wacko:

I don't have any experienced advise but have heard of lots of ladies that have gone on the pill shortly to help "jumpstart" a healthier cycle. Maybe you can discuss that with your doctor.

Hey ladies, I am back again :) proud to announce that my AF arrived on the 2nd of this month, so that's great news for me. I started bd'ing most nights from day 9 and its now day 17 :) from day 13 til tonight I have bd'ed every night! Now extremely excited to see if I get my :bfp: at the end of the month! Lots of :dust: to those tryin and testing this month :)!

Hello, not been on this thread in a looong time.
I'm worrying now.
I had my implant out in may and still no proper AF.
A couple of days of spotting about 50 days apart, but nothing else.

):

I get the horrible feeling my body is just failing on me.
Has anyone else heard of it being this long?
6 months with no proper AF is killing me.

hey kitty, i aint been on here for a while either, so sorry to hear that you have been waiting so long for a proper AF, i think it can be common for it to get back to normal with some ladies but i would probably go to your doctors and speak to them for some reasurrance xx

I have a question for you ladies. I had my Implanon removed on Aug. 24. My first "cycle" (this is the period of time from removal to AF) I had a luteal phase of 12 days. This last cycle I had a luteal phase of 11 days! Why is my luteal phase shrinking? Did anyone else have this? Is this what is causing me not to get pregnant (yes I know it has only been 2 tries and not a reason to stress yet, but I find this shrinking LP concerning)? Anyone with experience here? Thanks ladies.

I had an 11 day luteal for my first 3 or 4 cycles, then I took EPO and it snapped straight to a 14 day DPO for the 2 cycles it took to catch. So yes, sadly it seems a short luteal is quite common.

Hi ladies, I had 2 implants in. one for 3 years and another for 7 months until it started giving me problems. The last one was removed in july, AF has arrived every 25 days since then but yet all i get is a :bfn: .
Hoping this month is our month as a july bubba would be perfect, hope the implant does not slow our journey down too much

plenty of baby :dust:

I had an 11 day luteal for my first 3 or 4 cycles, then I took EPO and it snapped straight to a 14 day DPO for the 2 cycles it took to catch. So yes, sadly it seems a short luteal is quite common.

Glad to know I'm not alone and this is normal. I started B6 and B12 in hopes of making my LP act right. Here's to keeping my fx!!

Hello ladies, i am sorry it has taken so long for me to check in. these past thee months have taken a toll out of me. For those who don't know me, I had my implanon removed end of june and never had a cycle. Igot my bfp and we were soooooooooo excited as it happened fast. I had constant spotting, and bouts of cramping but other than that all was well. I started showing quickly as it was my fourth I chopped it up to that. The monday before last I went in for a reg checkup and the baby measured at 12wks however there was no longer a heartbeat. we are doing okay with dealing with our loss it is just an emotional roller coaster at times. My dr says that we have to wait two cycles before we can try again, I an not sure if we will try that soon, but we will when the time is right. It is unknown at this moment as to what happened, but they ar running chromosome studies to try and figure it out. I wish nothing but the best, easiest, and healthiest pregnancies for all of you ladies and tons and tops of baby dust all around!

Hello ladies, i am sorry it has taken so long for me to check in. these past thee months have taken a toll out of me. For those who don't know me, I had my implanon removed end of june and never had a cycle. Igot my bfp and we were soooooooooo excited as it happened fast. I had constant spotting, and bouts of cramping but other than that all was well. I started showing quickly as it was my fourth I chopped it up to that. The monday before last I went in for a reg checkup and the baby measured at 12wks however there was no longer a heartbeat. we are doing okay with dealing with our loss it is just an emotional roller coaster at times. My dr says that we have to wait two cycles before we can try again, I an not sure if we will try that soon, but we will when the time is right. It is unknown at this moment as to what happened, but they ar running chromosome studies to try and figure it out. I wish nothing but the best, easiest, and healthiest pregnancies for all of you ladies and tons and tops of baby dust all around!

I am so sorry for your loss. I pray for strength for you and your hubby.

Hii im sorry i know this is about ttc after implanon which i will e very soon, but i need some advice please :) Its weird but i have a crazy fear of plasters on me and would really like to take mine off but only had my implant removed this morning! would it be okay if i took it off? xx

Hii im sorry i know this is about ttc after implanon which i will e very soon, but i need some advice please :) Its weird but i have a crazy fear of plasters on me and would really like to take mine off but only had my implant removed this morning! would it be okay if i took it off? xx

I'm from the U.S. so I am not sure what a plaster is, is that like a band-aid or is that like the sterile strips (butterfly stitches). I would say it depends on the size of the incision. When I had mine removed she only put cotton on it and said that it was ok and I could take it off as soon as I stopped bleeding. I had a decent size incision though and ended up going to the E.R. to have derma glue applied to keep it shut and sterile strips to keep it together. I was still bleeding though. I would say if you are comfortable with it being exposed then go for it. I had huge fears of infection, but that is me.

so sorry for your loss hun! thinkning of you and your family, stay strong!
xxxx

Hi every1,:hi:

Really glad I found this thread, nice to know I'm not the only one a bit confused after the implanon removal! Any chance some1 can help me work out when I can confidently test if AF doesn't show up soon.

Was on implanon for 6.5years consecutively & never had a proper cycle throughout...months without then would b light & 4 days long when it did appear.

I had it taken out on 3/10, & had what I thought was AF on the 19th but since reading this I'm unsure if it was maybe withdrawal? (very red and lasted ~3days) .

Since 19th-28th we dtd several times & here is where the problem starts...I got a new job offer & I'm really excited by it BUT I'm scared to accept without knowing if I am or not pregnant. Reason being I don't want to loose the benefits I'd b offered by current employer if I was indeed pregnant.

I have absolutely no idea when AF would b due so I've no idea when I would get an accurate result.

Ahhh doing my head in because I'm feeling kinda pregnant. As in Weird
sensations round uterus area, swollen bbs, headache etc but is that just body readjusting?? All tests I've taken were bfn.

Any1 know when I'd be allowed to test & trust the result??
Any advice really really appreciated

If you had AF on October 19th you are unlikely to have ovulated yet, so would not be pregnant and tests won't work if you did get pg this cycle for nearly another 3 weeks. Most women get a lot of pregnancy type symptoms when implanon is removed. From the sounds of it I would count 19th October as the first day of a 'cycle'. The hard answer is until your body is settled into regular cycles you won't know when you can trust the result as often it takes a few months to get regular again.

Thanks for the reply dinah.
Funny feeling the next 3 weeks are going to drag! Joys :wacko:
Good luck to all

Hi all, I'm getting really stressed...
I had my implanon removed on the 10th of october 2011, had a withdrawal bleed (medium) 12-17th october. I started temping and doing the OPK test soon after. My temps were averaging 36.3 the day right after WB, for about 2 weeks. It then took a nose dive to an average of 35.9 till now (about 10 days of low temp). OPK started becoming positive 5 days ago and have still remained strongly positive! Is it possible for this to happen? Could it be that implanon has turned my hormones hay wire? I have been checking my cm as well.. it was stringy and clear before the first strong opk(sorry tmi), now, it has reduced in volume (painful when bd!) and have turned watery-mucousy texture/white-yellowish in colour (sorry!! TMI).. I have also tried hpt fmu (for the heck of it), and it was negative (too early for a positive). also, with the consistent low temps since before getting a positive opk, i would assume that I havent ovulated? my usual cycle before implanon ranges from 35-42 days usually. was on Depo shot for 3 months, and implanon for 7 mths (total of 10 mths on contraceptives). I wonder if anyone else have faced the same problems??? helppppp

i have to add though- that although the OPKs were definitely positive at 12nn daily, they become negative by evening (~6pm- tested on 2 ocassions)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->