• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official TTC after Implanon removal thread!

Hi all!
So I'm definitely a newbie but would love to share and hear stories.
We've just started trying and I had the implanon removed on the 2nd of Feb this year after 2 years and 3 months.
I've had brown discharge from the day I got the implanon taken out and it's still going today. What does this mean?
We would love an instant conception but I know that's not realistic lol
This will be baby number 2!
Has any one else bled straight away like mine?

I too, like hearing all the stories. I'm due to have my Implanon out March 27th. I cannot wait to ttc again so I am completely annoyed at having to wait almost TWO MONTHS just to get the darned thing out. Said it was the soonest they could get me in..it will hopefully be my last visit to the practice as I plan to use a different ob this time. Around 2 years ago we weren't preventing and had a very early loss and then no luck so I'm worried I will have problems, we decided to put it off for awhile after that. This will be SO and I's first baby together and I have a 3 and 4 year old boys whom SO has made a wonderful father to. I conceived them rather easily so maybe last time was a fluke...fingers crossed!

How bad was the removal? My insertion was a cinch and I didn't feel it a bit, hoping the removal is just as easy since when i push on it I can literally see it poking my skin so it isn't lost thankfully! Either way it will be well worth it to have it out of there. I look forward to getting to know you ladies...I am a charting/opk QUEEN so I am excited to be officially trying again soon! :happydance:

Wow sorry to hear u have to wait so long :(
I just went to my family doctor and booked it in for the same day lol
It's a quick thing, just a little local and then they take it out.
I'm so impatient with things like this, must be so frustrating for u :(

I wouldn't even know where to begin if I were to start charting everything...
We're just going to go for it and hope lol

I'm not patient either, at all! I have babies on the brain so bad already that by the time I actually get the implant out and get AF back it's going to feel like I've been waiting forever. I am so jealous you got yours out the same day lol...Going for it and hoping is so much less stressful! I am a control freak and since it's something you can't control much its not a good thing..charting and opks will make you CRAZY after awhile, obsessing over it so much and all lol

Hahaha I totally agree with the obsessing!
Every time I see someone pregnant and showing I grab my mans arm and say "see! I want to be like that!!" I think I'm driving him crazy.
I've picked out prams and cots and everything :s
Just a little too excited lol

I had to wait about a month to have mine removed, was so annoying! I think some people get a withdrawal bleed or spotting and theyvsay to wait until after first af to start trying but i think just so they can do the dates etc

Ok then
I hope this is withdrawal bleed and it stops today! Lol

Good luck duck!! I did read some women fell straight away in first cycle so fxedfor your bfp x am on cycle 3 after implant now and really hoping this is the one! My cycles are super on time and have been ovulating so def hasnt affected trying straight away x

Hi ladies, thought I'd update and let you know I got a positive opk last night, which is very exciting for me! Now almost 6 weeks since I had it removed and this is the first sign of anything happening! Still no AF but if I am ovulating at least j have an ETA of eith AF or a BFP :)

Welcome to the girls new to this crazy journey! Wishhope I can't believe you have to wait so long! Hoping your body goes back to normal quickly after removal xx

Hi ladies, thought I'd update and let you know I got a positive opk last night, which is very exciting for me! Now almost 6 weeks since I had it removed and this is the first sign of anything happening! Still no AF but if I am ovulating at least j have an ETA of eith AF or a BFP :)

Welcome to the girls new to this crazy journey! Wishhope I can't believe you have to wait so long! Hoping your body goes back to normal quickly after removal xx

Ok i feel a lil silly but im not really familiar with the acronyms used so i only half understood that :blush:

but congrats on the positive! :thumbup:

ok, so rather than the bleeding stop today it has gotten heavier and is now redish in colour :sad2: so im thinking this is my period as i never got it when i had the implanon in.

back to the waiting game i guess...

how is everyone else going??

Sorry Ducki!! I just re-read what I wrote and it did look a bit acronym heavy :) just to clarify, opk stands for ovulation prediction kit and is a test to see if you LH hormone is surging which indicates that you're about to ovulate. AF stands for Aunt Flo (your period) and BFP is a big fat positive preg test :) so what I was saying is that it finally looks like I'm ovulating 6 weeks after my implant was removed, so in two weeks I should get my period or a positive preg test :)

Ducki, also, you should count cycle day 1 as the day you get a full flow bloody period. The brown discharge isn't AF.

hi everyone can i join you ladies plz?

been on here for a while but only just found this thread, i had my implant removed on 16/09/11, had my 1st af 2 weeks later then got my bfp in nov which unfortunatly resulted in an early m/c, and no luck since then still waiting for my bfp :(

im currently on cd 34 longest cycle ever still getting bfns, but ive had an on and off pain in my left ovary side since i miscarried which im now waiting for a scan to see if everything is as it should be (obv im fearing its not) which is why im thinking af hasnt turned up im currently 2 days late, testing again on thurs and regardless of result going to docs, keeping my fingers crossed for a late bfp

Congrats on ur BFP!!!!

OK so i have the longest withdrawal bleed ever! lol
still going :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back