• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Official TTC after Implanon removal thread!

Hi Ladies,

It's been a while since I updated!

My cycles kept getting more regular, and I had a 28 day cycle, then a 35 day cycle in January. I was 3 days late on Saturday according to my period tracker so I thought what the hell, I will do a IC test. Well blow me it was 2 pink lines within 30 seconds!!

I was shaking like a leaf, did a FRER and then a clearblue digi conception and its said 2-3, which is bang on with my tracker. I ovulated between the 6th and 8th of Febraury.

So after getting Implanon out on the 24th of January 2011, I finally got my BFP on the 25th of February 2012!! Yay!!!

Yay!! congrats!!

hey guys...new to all this!!
i had my implant removed on the 23/2/12 so im coming upto day 5! me and OH dtd few days before implant was due out and again on the 3rd night of being out (last night) iv not had a withdraw bleed yet and i dont have a clue what my cycle is as i have PCOS. doctor gave me folic acid and started taking the day of implant removal on the slim chance i get caught early....how long would you wait if no bleed to do a test? as i said im new to all this dont have a clue lol...i had a miss at 6 weeks gone in 2009 had implant in the week after. we now think the time to try any advice would be great :D cxx
It took me about two months to get my cycle back with the help of fertilaid supplement after 6wks. you never know you could have been one of the super lucky ones. I'd give it at least 4wks.

hey guys...new to all this!!
i had my implant removed on the 23/2/12 so im coming upto day 5! me and OH dtd few days before implant was due out and again on the 3rd night of being out (last night) iv not had a withdraw bleed yet and i dont have a clue what my cycle is as i have PCOS. doctor gave me folic acid and started taking the day of implant removal on the slim chance i get caught early....how long would you wait if no bleed to do a test? as i said im new to all this dont have a clue lol...i had a miss at 6 weeks gone in 2009 had implant in the week after. we now think the time to try any advice would be great :D cxx
It took me about two months to get my cycle back with the help of fertilaid supplement after 6wks. you never know you could have been one of the super lucky ones. I'd give it at least 4wks.

Thanks hun i dont have a clue :dohh: lol. just wait and see eh, things will happen when they happen :D xx

I got my first AF exactly 36 days after the having the implant removed and got pregnant that first cycle, so don't worry and good luck!

Hi everyone! :howdy: I'm new to BnB!! I am nervous but excited because this Friday 3/2/12 I am officially getting my implanon removed! Its been 4 years since I had my first child in 2008. I had my first implanon put in 2008 and in 2011 I had it removed and put a new one right in. So its been a year on the second one. Hopefully the fact that I have been on it for so long doesn't give me a long time TTC :( I have been trying to :sex: everyday before i get it taken out hoping it somehow helps. How long did it take some of u?! I just really need some advice and support! :friends:

Hi everyone! :howdy: I'm new to BnB!! I am nervous but excited because this Friday 3/2/12 I am officially getting my implanon removed! Its been 4 years since I had my first child in 2008. I had my first implanon put in 2008 and in 2011 I had it removed and put a new one right in. So its been a year on the second one. Hopefully the fact that I have been on it for so long doesn't give me a long time TTC :( I have been trying to :sex: everyday before i get it taken out hoping it somehow helps. How long did it take some of u?! I just really need some advice and support! :friends:

Hey there :)
I had my Implanon removed and it took me 4 weeks and 5 days for my AF to return. Some people are lucky and get a BFP straight away, but from what ive both read and heard, your better off waiting til your AF returns to normal as otherwise your likely to have a chemical pregnancy :( as the lining of your womb has not built up sufficiently to accept a fertilised egg.

Its entirely up to yourself what you wish to do, but my advice would be to wait to have the best chance possible. But if it happens before hand best of luck to you :)

Sending some babydust your way :dust:

hey..well day 5 and still no withdraw bleed :-( loads of cramping and wind tho, did any of you guys not have a withdraw bleed and go straight to af?? was so strange 2day was on the bus and a new born baby was crying my stomach started cramping like hell!!! was nearly rolling on bus floor lol. xx

Hey there :)
I had my Implanon removed and it took me 4 weeks and 5 days for my AF to return. Some people are lucky and get a BFP straight away, but from what ive both read and heard, your better off waiting til your AF returns to normal as otherwise your likely to have a chemical pregnancy :( as the lining of your womb has not built up sufficiently to accept a fertilised egg.

Its entirely up to yourself what you wish to do, but my advice would be to wait to have the best chance possible. But if it happens before hand best of luck to you :)

Sending some babydust your way :dust:

I never knew about chemical pregnancies! I want a normal pregnancy and i think i will wait for my first... I don't think my fiance would like to wait:brat: tho :( but im sure if i explain he will be more than fine waiting. :thumbup:

Neither did I to be honest until I started reading up about the different things id been reading about on here. And my personal opinion for myself is that Id rather not have the positive pregnancy test and feel all excited, and then to start my AF and realise that id lost out to a chemical pregnancy. For myself I wanted to wait til my AF came back, and I knew my body had returned to normal first. Now im having lots of fun trying!!! :)

But then again there is people on here that have gotten the positive test before AF returned and things were fine. I think its entirely up to yourself. I just wouldn't be announcing it to everyone if you want to go that way until your fully sure that its viable.
Again, thats just my personal opinion. :)

Im not going to announce my pregnancy until im 3 months pregnant. First because i want to be sure and second because i dont know how others would react... My mother saw my struggle with my first so she thinks i shouldnt have another but i just got a good job and its been 4 years! Things are GREAT! :) and my son is dying for me to be a big brother :) ... so ill be sharing this journey with u all... and u will ALL be the FIRST to know :) im surprising my fiance as well lol he really wants another child <3 . Thanks for all your help and support :)

Help!! Don't know what's going on atm..had implant out 16/17Dec first af 26/27Jan and now nothing..feel so sick, and tired but 3 negative tests. Was on the implant for over 5 and a half years and have no idea how long my cycles are or when to start counting! I was pretty regular before the implant and from what I remember always due af around the same time...feel so useless se I don't know what's going on :'(

On a more positive note congratulations Sunnii lovely news :)

I think you might be on of the unlucky girls with super irregular cycles if you still hadn't had your AF or you're gonna have very long cycles. Do you know whether you ovulated this cycle at all? Via OPKs, EWCM, anything? IF you ovulated, you could possibly be in the two week wait, so you should keep testing. It might be that you're gonna have irregular, long cycles in which case I'd advise taking angus castus or fertilaid to help bring on & regulate your periods. I used it at first when I had my implant removed, I did ovulate my first actual cycle too. Best of luck, I hope you either get a BFP or AF shows soon! :)

& Thank you! :hugs:

I really liked fertilaid it helped me. I never tried just angus castus but I know it's an ingredient in fertilaid

Oh I've got ms I get sick a few times a day and am pretty nauseous the rest of the time. And I'm ready for bed by 7. I wish it was realistic to go to bed then lol.
How are you doing?

Well tomorrow was my official removal date... but .... now I may have to reschedule :( ... My fiance, son, and I got into a pretty bad car accident. They are both 100% ok! I'm the one with scrapes, bruises, pain, and a swollen face. So he wants to wait until he gets a new car. He wouldnt like missing any of my baby appointments. Im still thinking if I should just take it out and use condoms until that happens. But since we had sex 3 days ago I'm scared I might just get pregnant when I get it taken out...

That would be a very very slim possibility. You would pretty much have to ovulate with in hours of the removal. And it can take weeks sometimes even months to get your cycle back. I'm do sorry you were in an accident I hope you recover quickly.

Oh I've got ms I get sick a few times a day and am pretty nauseous the rest of the time. And I'm ready for bed by 7. I wish it was realistic to go to bed then lol.
How are you doing?

I'm allright, not having so much MS but back pain, I was in tears three times now. The back pain is almost unbearable, so I end up taking paracetamol to relieve some of the pain.

Have you had a first scan yet?:D

No. With my DD I didn't get a scan till 20 weeks so I am guessing it'll be the same this time. But I am dying to see that my little bean is ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->