OH annoying me drinking

Johns Girl

Reaction score
Rant! My OH always said when we fell pregnant he would stop drinking alcohol since I would be. I was no big deal to me but it's starting to get on my nerves. Like tonight came home and he is relaxing in bath with a can of beer and two or three nights a week he has a couple of drinks at night. It's pissing me off now, does this mean if he can even stick to this now what's he going to be like when baby is here?
Are any of your OH drinking or giving up along with you? Already feels like my life is changing massively and he is just living life as normal :(

Funny.... my boyf is running a bath on his third can of beer. But to be honest I have not asked him not to but it does make it harder for me. Thing is he works really hard and I think I suppose he deserves a few beers if that makes him happy, he doesn't get drunk so I am hoping it will all be ok when baba gets here. xx

my OH still drinks, its not very often but when he does i get SO frustrated.
I hate it soo much lol

I used to drink every night and its killing me not to so its even worse when he gets drunk :(

dont worry, i share your anger!

Drinking is a problem in our relationship but for different reasons. I'm not jealous of his ability to, but I hate my OH drinking because he always gets carried away with it, he's not the type who's able to have a beer or two, he always ends up getting drunk. There's nothing more annoying to me than being sober and hanging out with a drunk person. :growlmad:

I dont see the problem tbh hes only having a couple and hes not pregnant so why not, maybe tell him that after x amount of weeks no drinking incase you go into labour

I never asked him to stop drinking it was him who insisted and made a big deal of it. Think that's what I'm annoyed at and I'm just full of jealousy lol

My OH an I used to drink together often, but since the day I found out I was pregnant I haven't had a drink. I don't mind if he has a few beers after work or something. I only get annoyed and irritated when he drinks past his limit and starts acting like a douche.(its like he purposely tries to get to this point.) We always end up getting in a horrible fight and its all because he doesn't know his liquor limit.

Drinking is a problem in our relationship but for different reasons. I'm not jealous of his ability to, but I hate my OH drinking because he always gets carried away with it, he's not the type who's able to have a beer or two, he always ends up getting drunk. There's nothing more annoying to me than being sober and hanging out with a drunk person. :growlmad:

same!
he cant just have a beer, he has to get bloody drunk so hes all dopey and everything

I never asked him to stop drinking it was him who insisted and made a big deal of it. Think that's what I'm annoyed at and I'm just full of jealousy lol

oh im with you on the jealously i wasnt happy when dh told me there was a new wkd flavour out (i love wkd lol) and its limited edition until september! i was like erm thanks but i cant have it! lol i have started having a non alcoholic shandy when he was a drink now so i dont feel left out at all x

mine still drinks, he doesn't drink anything during the week but he goes out on the weekend & gets a bit silly! doesn't bother me though, he's not pregnant. i am craving a JD & coke big time tho! xx

OMG, I know this was a while ago but I am so glad I have found this thread!
My OH is a nightmare, he is fine most of the time but once he has one big night out he can't stop. So he went out yesterday (Sunday) all day, which was work related so I totally didn't mind but he stayed out until 2am.

Then I finish work tonight and he's already in the bar. I have to walk home (he works from home) so I asked him to go to the shop for some food and he moans that I could go. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

I went to see him on the way (with the food I got :)) and he wouldn't leave - he's still there now and it's 9.30pm. PLUS he's away tomorrow and Wednesday so I won't even see him. He is also refusing to answer my calls or texts!

I just don't understand why he can't regulate himself - I don't him going out - but why every night? Why can't he go out one night and then stay in for a few?

Does it get better as you get further along? I am 5 months now and still pretty small so wonder if it's not real for him?

Any help gretefully received as I also live abroad so don;t have my family or close friends around for company.

Thanks!

My DH is still drinking, mainly on weekends and a couple times during the week and while i feel incredibly jealous as i used to be a big drinker before i fell pregnant, i don't feel it's right to expect him to give it up as he's not the one that carries the baby, i am. It's not his fault he's a man and can't do what i am doing.

He also works really hard and deserves to wind down. I wish i could wind down also because i am still working full time while being pregnant, but that's just the way it is. No use in resenting the men over it. Id feel even worse if he didn't drink and became uptight and stressed due to work and other things. We're best to just have one uptight person in the house i think - if he wasn't relaxed and felt stressed out it would probably make me feel stressed which is not what i need, or what any pregnant lady needs.

If my husband was a full on alco i would have had that sorted before i fell pregnant. That would indeed be a different story.

I say don't worry about it if they are just drinking in moderation! Your time will come again :)

My OH drinks everyday , but it don't bother me , he isn't the one pregnant and he works 14 hour days so a couple of cans is no biggy , but I've said to him that he will have to stop when it's near to having the baby invade anything happens ,

I do agree with them stopping when it's close to birth time, they have to be prepared at all times.

Mine drinks and I get extremely jealous and feel upset that I seem to be the one that has to make all the changes. I've tried not going with him out so I don't see it but then that makes me feel sober and friendless. I just try to remember what my mum says - I'm the one who will have an amazing bond with my baby because I've carried him/her for all this time and OH won't know what that's like! Still very tempted to make him look after baby for a few months after I've breast fed so I can go get drunk lots lol.

my hubby has a couple every now and then it doesnt bother me at all. I know when baby is born he is going to be designated driver for a long time, he owes me! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->