oh crap!

Mee_Mummy

Mummy to DS & DD ~ <3
Reaction score
I ate coleslaw!

Ooops! I didn't even think! Anybody eaten anything they shouldn't have in their pregnancy?

xx

I don't think I've had anything I shouldn't eat but that's probably because I don't know what I shouldn't eat! I never knew you couldn't have coleslaw (not that I really eat it). Where do you ladies find all this info?!

I never knew you shouldn't eat coleslaw either! I went through a phase of eating it on jacket potatoes when my ms was at its worst, oops!
The chances of picking up something from it must be tiny though, but thanks for letting us know! :flower:

Are you sure you can't have it? It's probably off-limits if it's made with homemade mayo (which is extremelly rare). I would say you're fine. It's nothing but veggies and mayo, how can it be bad for you?

You can eat coleslaw! If it's made with homemade mayonnaise (which would have raw eggs) you may want to avoid but even if its homemade mayonnaise with raw egg your chance of getting ill is so small. Are you in the UK? Apparently the eggs there with a lion stamp will be virtually no risk - the chickens are vaccinated for salmonella.

Even if you're in US you should be fine. Worst case try to get 'reputable' eggs :haha:

I been told I can have helmans mayo but anything brought in mayo, homemade mayo or mayo at a restaurant then I have to b careful because it might not be pasteurised? And the midwife told me at my appt. Xx

When I go out to eat and something has mayo, I do ask if it is homemade. If it is not, then I'll go for it. Trust me, the restaurants really DON'T want you to get sick.

I ate coleslaw everyday this week. Of course I made it so I don't think it was anything to worry about. I've never really heard that you can't eat coleslaw although I know there is some info on not eating mayo made with raw eggs!

Don't get too worried. I think you'll be fine.

I thought maybe it was homemade stuff with raw eggs or something but apparently the concern is with ready made tubs from supermarkets. I would have thought those would have been the safer option, haha :wacko:

Coleslaw is the only kind of "salad" that I can eat right now. (yes, I use it as a salad)

I had dippy eggs the other week (Now the smell makes me heave!) I want prawns!! Am I allowed Prawns? xx

i ate prawns throughout first pregnancy and in this one too and coleslaw, long as the prawns are cooked and coleslaw is not made with homemade(raw egg)mayo its fine. Its brie that im missing and i know im gunna miss it even more at christmas! x

Here you go ladies, as seen on https://www.nhs.uk/Planners/pregnancycareplanner/pages/Carewithfood.aspx#cheese

You can eat hard cheeses such as cheddar, parmesan and stilton :happydance:, even if they're made with unpasteurised milk. Hard cheeses don't contain as much water as soft cheeses so bacteria are less likely to grow in them. Many other types of cheese are ok to eat, but make sure they're made from pasteurised milk. This includes cottage cheese, mozzarella, feta, cream cheese, paneer, ricotta, halloumi, goats' cheese and processed cheeses such as cheese spreads.

Raw shellfish

Eat cooked rather than raw shellfish as they can contain harmful bacteria and viruses that can cause food poisoning.:happydance: mmmm prawns!!!!

P x x

Oh yeah, the whole coleslaw thing is because some pre packed salads like coleslaw and potato salad can have traces of listeria in them x

its fine :)
When I first found out I was pregnant we had KFC and I shovelled down the coleslaw from there and it did not change anything.
One thing I will advise against is when you go to reheat something do not eat it if its slightly warm and not piping hot, I did that in week six with some meat pizza and I had a very bad stomach bug for two and half weeks :S

Everything else has been fine though. The book I have says only to eat hard boiled eggs YUK but I had scrambled the other day and they were delicious

I honestly do not think you have anything to worry about xoxoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->