Oh no... I've been drinking green top milk!

According to wikipedia it depends if it's a glass or plastic bottle:

plastic bottle = pasteurised semi-skimmed (fine for pg)
glass bottle = raw unpasteurised milk (not suitable)

I suspect the second is what it refers to.

Here's the link if you want it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milk_bottle_top

I drink green top plastic bottle - it's good for you!

I had listeria once. It's a food-borne illness from bacteria that can be found in unpasteurized products, deli meats, raw meat, and such. I got it real bad and the best comparison I can give is the worst food poisoning bout ever multiplied by ten and it lasted several weeks.

I assume ''green top'' milk is the semi-skim milk then? Lol.. I don't think it matters what version of milk you drink so long as it is pasteurized and you're drinking enough of it to get the calcium!! Not sure why some would insist on full fat milk unless there is a specific reason it's good for pregnant women. If it's just for the fat calories, I would tend to think most of us get enough fat from the other things we eat that we wouldn't be hurting for it, lol

Hi - don't panic, WW1 is correct above.

"Green top milk" doesn't been the semi skimmed stuff you get from the supermarket. Its called green top milk or raw milk and its unpasturised (hence why pregnant ladies can't have it) Not sure you where you actually get it from other than direct from the farm but its def not what you would pick up in Sainsburys.

Carry on drinking your semi-skimmed, its fine!

Yes the same thing was asked in 1st tri a while ago, green top is different from semi skimmed

Green top refers to the old glass milk bottles with green foil tops that were unpasteurised.

Semi skimmed milk in plastic bottles is completely different and is fine - don't worry.

phew! I paniced a little then when I read the post... i drink the stuff by the gallon! OH always jokes that it would be cheaper to get a cow in the garden lol :D x

i always drink that? when you say green top are you meaning semi skimmed ? :shrug:

xx

Hi - don't panic, WW1 is correct above.

"Green top milk" doesn't been the semi skimmed stuff you get from the supermarket. Its called green top milk or raw milk and its unpasturised (hence why pregnant ladies can't have it) Not sure you where you actually get it from other than direct from the farm but its def not what you would pick up in Sainsburys.

Carry on drinking your semi-skimmed, its fine!

that answered my question shoulda read first :thumbup:

xx

hi i drank blue /green and red wile i was preg with both of my children they both came out fine. dont worry yourself about it hun x

According to wikipedia it depends if it's a glass or plastic bottle:

plastic bottle = pasteurised semi-skimmed (fine for pg)
glass bottle = raw unpasteurised milk (not suitable)

I suspect the second is what it refers to.

Here's the link if you want it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milk_bottle_top

I drink green top plastic bottle - it's good for you!

Im sure thats what it refers to!
Sorry everyone for all the mass panic!!!:blush:

Glad its ok as i only drink green top from a plastic bottle from the supermarket

xx

I only ever drink green top not been told not to! should i be worried?

Green Top mil is the only milk i drink, I wasn't aware it should be avoided? x

i have only every drank green top never done any harm and im on my 4th child.

If we was all to avoid everything the book says not to have or what we can have we would all starve lol

i to have only had green/red top when pregnant (red top when dieting), never heard it to be bad for us, would have thought if anything its good for the calcium.

I can't imagine why you should be avoiding semi-skimmed. If anything I would avoid full cream, because of the fat content. I was drinking skimmed pre-pregnancy, because I was on a diet, so I've just continued drinking that now, because it has the same calcium in it, but less fat, and with the calories I'm eating at the moment, I think less fat is probably better for me!

i have always drank green top milk or red i cant stand blue and have never drank it in this pregnancy and my last . lj is fine so i dont think you should be worried :) lj has never drank blue top milk either, mw told me that was fine even though most people say lo's are ment to drink blue top. but im not going to go out of my way and buy a different milk cuz im apparently ment to. i wouldnt worry to much hun xx

this is silly. I remember twiggy posting something that CARROTS FROM ASDA ARE NOT ALLOWED DURING PREGNANCY. Say what??? Seriously, I can just see how all these instructions are being written "well let's see how else we can scare a pregnant woman into not eating anything" :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->