Ok I need help with this..Night wakings..Long Thread but please help!!!

tink23

Proud Single Mum to Eli
Reaction score
For a while Eli was sleeping really well, going down at 8pm...sleeping through until 4am, at which point I'd give him a feed, he'd fall asleep mid feed and I'd put him back down in the cot, where he'd sleep through til 8am.

My Mum seemed to think I should be putting him down to bed at 6pm ("because most 9 mnth old babies are already in bed wayy before 8pm :grr: ) So, I started him going to bed at 6. So far he's STTN ONCE, but apart from that he's waking more than once at night. I spoke to the HV the other day and she said that I should try putting him down a bit later again, say 7pm...but when he wakes up in the night he won't need a feed, she said it's probably separation anxiety and i should just pat him/shush him/give him a little cuddle and then walk out nd leave him to go back off..

It's not as simple as that tho. It sounds awful but if he just cried I wouldn't find it so bad...but he doesn't just cry..he screams. He really forces it too, it sounds soo sore. I can tell he's forcing it, but it goes on for agess. Last night he was doing it for at least an hour, with me going in to him on and off in between. I ended up bringing him into bed with me and feeding him off to sleep, which worked straight away...

I just don't know what to do. I don't know whether he might be better in his own room and that maybe I'm disturbing him by moving around in my sleep? Or whether moving him to his own room will make it even worse? My mum thinks I shouldn't move him as "he's already been through a lot in his life and he's only 9 months old" (his dad and I split when he was 3 months, we've just recently moved house, we're now getting the kitchen and bathroom refitted)

Anyone got any advice/success stories? He's such a good boy during the day and has a morning and afternoon nap every day so I don't think he's overtired. But this night waking is stressing me out :cry:

Thanks for reading ladies :flower::flower:

I don't have any advice but just wanted you to know our 9 month old is going through separation anxiety too, I really feel for you, I'll be watching this thread, you are not alone! Xx

If its separation anxiety then I wouldn't advise leaving him alone as it might make it worse. I would keep giving the night feed and move bedtime a bit later. He doesn't have to asleep before 8! 8 might be his natural bedtime so maybe try going for that time again.
You can always try moving him into his own room if you feel comfortable with it and if it doesn't work out just bring him back.

My LO is younger and is normally sleeping just before 8, I dont see it as an issue :flower:

Fraid I'm not much help but id say mummys instinct always counts for a lot, so maybe don't pay toooo much attention to hv or your mum an just go with what you feel is best for your LO

If 8pm was working well then I'd go back to it.. you know your baby best :hugs: x

i didnt want to read and run honey i dont really have good advice for you in co-sleeping with my son he is 7 months old i give him night bottle about 11 and he sleep til 4-5 o'clock.i do believe in separation anxiety i woudnt leave him alone i would sleep with him but let him follow sleep in his own room in own cot. oh u make me cry your poor little guy.people say oh its just a baby he dont know whats going on i dont think so yes they do.

oh love him

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->