ok so who wants to get pregnant in 2011? (closed group)

Gray is brutal to perfect. I still think my color may be a little blue for my taste and what im going for, but really, need to just get it painted so i will get used to the blue-er gray. NOW its going to be impossible to do the bathroom. We have the tile up in the bathtube/shower, and bought floor tile yesterday so I went to look at paint and cant figure it out. I want brown, hubs wants light. I hate light beige for the most part so we will have some wars over that!

I remember loving that deck furniture! So pretty. You should upload pics of some rooms that you are proud of in your house? I am so into looking at cool house pics, just not good at decorating or making my house look good!

It's Wednesday at 4:30 so still 3 days really. :-( Can't wait!!

Speaking of home pics -- Preethi did you ever post pics of your new apartment now that it's decorated? I remember your old apartment was gorgeous. :)

Yep i did actually, it was the one with the private beach, i did add some pics, let me see if i still have them, they are probably on my old laptop though ! i hope these three days go by like flash for you !!

Ny, good luck with the painting !!!

sarah, looking forward to seeing your deck pics !

my shower on monday is not a proper shower actually its more of an indian thing my mum wants to do, i will probably have a proper shower later on if i can !

I remember the private beach. I didn't remember seeing the inside all decorated like your other pictures were. You are way more of a decorator than I am. :)

NO way !! i have minimal furniture in the house really , just a carpet, dining table tv and couch, theres not a lot you can fit into a one bed apt.. :) i will try and get the pics up..

Gray is brutal to perfect. I still think my color may be a little blue for my taste and what im going for, but really, need to just get it painted so i will get used to the blue-er gray. NOW its going to be impossible to do the bathroom. We have the tile up in the bathtube/shower, and bought floor tile yesterday so I went to look at paint and cant figure it out. I want brown, hubs wants light. I hate light beige for the most part so we will have some wars over that!

I remember loving that deck furniture! So pretty. You should upload pics of some rooms that you are proud of in your house? I am so into looking at cool house pics, just not good at decorating or making my house look good!

actually our house is not well decorated at all :blush: we moved in 3 years ago and it was brand new and its still quite plain. honestly when you are creative in your job thats the last thing you want to do on your time off. I have a big list of things I want to do though. I will PM you a link to some pics of my last reno though!

My house is too full with too much furniture and old "crap." OH keeps weird old stuff and old furniture, tv's, movies, electronics pieces....so sometimes when he isnt around I will throw huge piles of things away......

Like today! He has had this book shelf with old movies and dvds and an atari game set or something on it for years. So I took everything on it, yes, even collections of DVD sets and threw them away. I dont see "collecting" a set of Star Wars movie boxed set as being cool or necessary. Or an atari gaming system. Come on. It had so much animal fur and dust on this stuff that it had to go. he doesnt clean, he doesnt deserve to hoard. I cant wait until he figures it out that its all gone, and we get to go through that fight:) I also threw a bunch of old blankets away that he's kept because his mom made them. Well, tell her to stop making them then...IDK. Theres like 40 of them around and I hate quilts! .....so. Am I nesting and being a bitch? Maybe....:shrug: But the blankets were in a pile on the floor next to the couch for years. Why? Cuz we have no linen closet for them. So they collect animal hair and dust. Would he ever clean it? No. Do we ever use them? Nope. So thats why they are gone. I am not very sentimental unless its my children. But moms who think we like safari animal print quilts for our house, no thanks. yuck.

lol, this was an early shower cos I was bored and wanted to get one done early!!! I wanted to be able to then have time to go out and get stuff to fill in the gaps, and I didn't expect anyone else to throw me one themselves so I just decided to do it for ME! heh. Now as it turns out my boss has decided to throw me on in september *as well* so I'll get another one then anyway! :)

hehe, I can't wait to see the photos of everyones places when they're painted and done up! lol. Our place is fairly old and we're slowly going through it, we've got both the spare rooms (one is now nursery) painted and fixed up, but they're tiny rooms so easy to do! Neither of us are all that picky on colour really (though still do have preferences!), and someone gave us a half tin of a nice purple so we used that in the spare rooms! lol. Better than a BRIGHT baby-pink they were... lol!

I have come to the realization that it is way too easy to hurt my back now. Throughout the day my lower back has hurt several times for no good reason. I sat down through the funeral but then was standing while we ate and visited and I had to take baby baby steps to get to the car b/c my back was hurting so bad. It's that bone at the top of my butt in the middle. Yikes! And now we are heading out the door to our friends house for our regular Sunday bbq and I have to be very very careful how I sit and stand.

I have come to the realization that it is way too easy to hurt my back now. Throughout the day my lower back has hurt several times for no good reason. I sat down through the funeral but then was standing while we ate and visited and I had to take baby baby steps to get to the car b/c my back was hurting so bad. It's that bone at the top of my butt in the middle. Yikes! And now we are heading out the door to our friends house for our regular Sunday bbq and I have to be very very careful how I sit and stand.

thats exactly where I get my back pain now, and need to see a chiropractor regularly and massage too. I plan on seeing him throughout my pregnancy too. its so painful! hope it doesnt play up too much for you

I have a lot of back pain too...really bad lumbar/pelvic scoliosis and pregnancy is being hard on it. I am constantly walking around with a pinched nerve down my right side/butt/back. Its aweful:(

Sarah- you'll hafta find a place with a hole in the table for a belly during massage! I've never had a massage or been to a chiro so its probably something I should have been doing.

A friend and I were tring to think how to make it possible for a pregnant lady to sun tan her back legs so we decided we must need to cut a hole in a lawn chair to lay our preg belly through the hole! I will be rich with that creation, eh? hahaha.

I am up at 1030 pm waiting for my (2nd attempt) red, white, and blue bundt cake to be done backing so that I can frost it. The first one I didn't like how the red white and blue layers looked and outside was a bit too done. So, here's to hoping since I have to separately mix red and blue batter and layer it in the pan and stuff its a bit more time consuming than normal! I hate when things dont turn perfectly. Grrrrrr!

Oh, for those who aren;t in USA. Its 4th of July tomorrow, which is our Independence day holiday and our flag is red white and blue so we all wear loads of patriotic red white blue and make all our desserts and stuff those colors for our bbqs. We have the day off work and stuff. Going to a baseball game with the whole family then a big bbq at mom's house. My daughter has a huge, fluffy red white blue tu-tu to wear and is so cute! Now...hope my cake works this time as im on dessert duty and would hate to have to buy a generic tomorrow morning last minute! At least i've got the raspberries, blueberries, and cool whip just in case. Then I can have red white blue fruit dessert of sorts at least. Sorry for rambling, just have lots of fun getting into festivals!

I'm getting the occasional pain in my lower back as well, right above my pelvis/butt on my spine. OUCH! It's only been a few times after a long day at work if I've come home and collapsed on the bed; it's when I go to get up that it's owie! Once I'm moving it eases off though so not too bad. My hips click SOOOOOOOOO bad sometimes in bed too, mainly when I roll over or something, it's uncomfortable but not really painful, but sheesh it's loud! From what I have read it's all normal though, it's the loosening of ligaments that happens in pregnancy and basically my whole pelvis is getting a bit loose so I need to watch how I hold myself all day long to help it stay straight and not get twisted and sore...

Another thing mum did for the baby shower was to finish off the valance/drapey thing around the bassinet, so now it looks sooooo cute! It has pale purple around the bottom hem so it suits the (purple) room well too. And she made matching sheets for the bassinet while she was at it! :D
https://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j162/flyingduster2/IMG_2482-1.jpg

lovely Flying!! :cloud9:

Just popped on to wish our American friends a very HAPPY INDEPENDANCE DAY!! :juggle: I hope you all have a lovely day!!! :flower:

sorry about your back pain sheryl, i had that really bad too around 20 weeks, try a hot/warm back compress and some massage gel that burns.. if you know what i mean .. something like a tiger balm if anybody has heard of it, it basically has eucalyptus menthol etc and gives you back ache releif when applied and massage as the burning sensation helps a lot !

HAPPY 4TH OF July to our fellow americans !! .. all hail to the red white and blue !!! hope you guys enjoy the 4th of July fireworks etc and have a great time !! xx

Ivfe been to a couple of massages since being pregnant and they always ask you to lay on your side and massage your lower back gently and theyre quite careful with what they do, i do find it a great relief !! so i do recommend a good massage for back ache..

AFM, today we have no plans, its a work day, but dh and me may have a look / walk around mothercare this evening, stretch our legs in the shopping mall :haha: maybe buy a few bits and pieces if we find it fit ! xx

Have a lovely day everyone. x

oh and happy 24 weeks to me ! .. i know im only 23 something.. lol but i like to see my ticker change according to my LMP.. makes me feel closer to the date !

Flying, that bassinet is so cute ! i love the purple colour too.. !! what if its a boy though ? xxx

lol, purple is fine for a boy! Put blues with it and it becomes more 'boyish' anyway. And I really am not at all caught up in 'girl colours' and 'boy colours', especially for babies who *really* don't know the difference at all! We have pink things and blue things, and whatever bub is, it'll be wearing it all as far as I'm concerned! And the kid will have to cope with purple regardless, cos I love it and have far too much purple things! Even the dog is purple... lol!

And YAY for 24 weeks!!!!!

i love purple too actually, and the shade that you have got is light and nice.. thats true.. they wont know the difference !! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->